Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

Post by Luke »

Stuart Scheller was the AITB Commander at United States Marine Corps, Jacksonville, North Carolina.

Background:
Commanding Officer
LIEUTENANT COLONEL STUART P. SCHELLER
LtCol Stuart P. Scheller graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a bachelors in accounting. He began Officer Candidate School in January 2005. After completing Officer Candidate School, The Basic School, and Infantry Officer Course, he checked into 1st Battalion, 8th Marines in December 2005.

After checking into 1st Battalion, 8th Marines, and assuming the duty of platoon commander, LtCol Scheller conducted a deployment on the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit. He participated in the Non-Combatant Evacuation of American citizens out of Beirut during the 2006 Israeli/Lebanese conflict. Then the following year, he was assigned the role of Alpha Company Executive Officer and deployed to Ramadi, Iraq. Of note, during that time the infantry companies moved to a four infantry platoon construct, so LtCol Scheller, in addition to his Company Executive Officer duties, was also the Fire Support leader, and also served in this capacity during a Mojave Viper and the Ramadi deployment.
More: https://www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Leaders ... -scheller/

Something snapped. First:

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski
When I served, Marine officers stayed out of politics. Maybe, times have changed. Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller posts on social media that he is “prepared to throw it all away” as he openly criticizes the SecDef, Marine Commandant, and the Joint Chiefs.

Now he's released another video and it's scary. He gives out his wife's email (for PayPal) and cash app address.

Stuart's on LinkedIn and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stuart.scheller

Here's his full 10 minute video today:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
notorial dissent

Re: Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

Post by notorial dissent »

Wrapped a little too tightly and finally snapped??????
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Stuart P. Scheller - Former AITB Commander - Terry Lakin II

Post by Luke »

Looks like it, ND. Just saw this --
Paul McLeary @paulmcleary
Update on LtCol Scheller situation: USMC says tonight they’re “taking appropriate action to ensure the safety and well-being of LtCol Scheller and his family” indicating concern over his mental health
7:32 PM · Aug 29, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The injuries of war are more than just to the body. :(
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

This is really, really sad to me. He has 2+ years before he can retire. He needs to be out; I can’t imagine the Marine Corps keeping him around. On the other hand, I could see them warehousing him somewhere for those two or three years or offering him a medical retirement if he agrees to go now-ish.

What I suspect is going to happen is he’s going to put his resignation paperwork and, and the higher ups are going to sit on it, they’re going to make him see a counselor, they’re not going to act on it right away. Because they are not going to want to see him throw his retirement away. But if he keeps posting shit like this, they’ll be less sympathetic.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Medical discharge.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I will say that I hope they do something along those lines. It sounds like something in him just snapped. I would hate to see him, and his family, lose his pension over this. Can he be medically retired?
filly

Post by filly »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:26 am This is really, really sad to me. He has 2+ years before he can retire. He needs to be out; I can’t imagine the Marine Corps keeping him around. On the other hand, I could see them warehousing him somewhere for those two or three years or offering him a medical retirement if he agrees to go now-ish.

What I suspect is going to happen is he’s going to put his resignation paperwork and, and the higher ups are going to sit on it, they’re going to make him see a counselor, they’re not going to act on it right away. Because they are not going to want to see him throw his retirement away. But if he keeps posting shit like this, they’ll be less sympathetic.
Does the military have some equivalent to a 5150? His threats seem more dangerous than a response putting him in outpatient counseling would seem to dictate.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Curious about this:

ETA: The whole thread mentions a lot of incidents.
All this being said, the point is that Scheller isn’t an anomaly. This is a persistent problem that has been allowed to continue within the armed forces. Many marines are voicing support for Scheller. The networks are already in place for escalation, this is a powder keg
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am
Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:26 am This is really, really sad to me. He has 2+ years before he can retire. He needs to be out; I can’t imagine the Marine Corps keeping him around. On the other hand, I could see them warehousing him somewhere for those two or three years or offering him a medical retirement if he agrees to go now-ish.

Does the military have some equivalent to a 5150? His threats seem more dangerous than a response putting him in outpatient counseling would seem to dictate.
They do, but it’s complicated. They walk a fine line when it comes to stifling a subordinate’s complaints against leadership by labeling him “crazy” (the military has a long history with that), so there are a lot of hoops they have to jump through just to get him seen.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am Does the military have some equivalent to a 5150? His threats seem more dangerous than a response putting him in outpatient counseling would seem to dictate.
Section 8? Is that a real thing or is that just on M*A*S*H?
filly

Post by filly »

Thanks. I would think that if he makes good on his threats and kills a bunch of people in the process, it is worth jumping those hoops.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:44 am Thanks. I would think that if he makes good on his threats and kills a bunch of people in the process, it is worth jumping those hoops.
I don’t disagree. I’m only saying that there are hoops. Naval Justice School was a long time ago, so I don’t recall specifically what they were. I’m sure the Marines are jumping through them.
filly

Post by filly »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:59 am
filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:44 am Thanks. I would think that if he makes good on his threats and kills a bunch of people in the process, it is worth jumping those hoops.
I don’t disagree. I’m only saying that there are hoops. Naval Justice School was a long time ago, so I don’t recall specifically what they were. I’m sure the Marines are jumping through them.
I really appreciate your input. I know nothing about this stuff but this guy scares the crap out of me.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

If you followed Theo’s thread above you see he talks about Camp Lejeune, Atom Wäffen Division, and missing armaments. That scares the crap out of me.

A while back I followed a woman on Facewhatevs, a former soldier who’d had run-ins with white supremacists while serving. There was a saga out of Maryland, I think, where a group of Marine vets had beaten and killed a local man. She had some evidence that it was not just a random attack and that the vets were AWD taking care of one of their own who had strayed from the fold, cheating on his wife (seriously? Since when do bros care about that?) and tipping local LEOs off to some kind of planned crime spree. But nothing came of it. She made a few posts about AWD for a few days afterwards. They’re bad news.

Still planning the race wars. Now, more than any other time in my life, I’m afraid a) it will happen, a big, coordinated…something that will b) trigger more violent conflict than we’ve seen. These guys are on low simmer right now.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Domenico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 am
filly wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am Does the military have some equivalent to a 5150? His threats seem more dangerous than a response putting him in outpatient counseling would seem to dictate.
Section 8? Is that a real thing or is that just on M*A*S*H?
Section 8 was used to separate mentally unfit enlisted folk in the WW II era. It was also used against LGBTQ personal hence Klinger's attempt to get the army to kick him out by wearing dresses.

Section 8 is no longer in use.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke

Post by Luke »

Maybenaut, totally agree how sad this is. In the video he discusses the warehousing idea and said he's rejecting that. He said he won't be mothballed quietly for a few years. He doesn't want his "several million dollar" pension or benefits. RWNJ Twitter are clueless that not expressing political opinions is not a new policy, they just rush to black and white, good or bad, and can't wait for any opportunity to rage. Now everybody has seen they can make a fortune on GoFundMe or GiveSendGo, this business of rewarding bad behavior really needs to be dealt with by Congress, there shouldn't be a profit motive for this. Hope the Marines take control of this quickly and get him help, but we saw what happened to Terry Lakin.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Maybenaut, totally agree how sad this is. In the video he discusses the warehousing idea and said he's rejecting that. He said he won't be mothballed quietly for a few years. He doesn't want his "several million dollar" pension or benefits. RWNJ Twitter are clueless that not expressing political opinions is not a new policy, they just rush to black and white, good or bad, and can't wait for any opportunity to rage. Now everybody has seen they can make a fortune on GoFundMe or GiveSendGo, this business of rewarding bad behavior really needs to be dealt with by Congress, there shouldn't be a profit motive for this. Hope the Marines take control of this quickly and get him help, but we saw what happened to Terry Lakin.
What he doesn’t appear to get is that none of this is his decision. He can’t just quit. Given the statements he’s made, the leadership will be justified in not immediately approving his request to resign his commission until they’re satisfied that he’s medically fit. And if they think he’s not, they can force him into the physical disability evaluation process.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Can I ask upon what evidence we are assuming this is a mental health thing, rather than an extremist beliefs thing?

Nidal Hassan was not mentally ill, he was an Islamic extremist. Without any evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking the same thing about this guy. And, frankly, I'm really tired of veterans of a certain skin color voicing extreme views or behaving inappropriately (the recent veteran attacking airport personnel comes to mind) and immediately being excused because of mental illness or PTSD.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Dave from down under

There is often an overlap between mental health issues (paranoia, delusions et al) and extremist belief.

His first video looked to be more "sane" than the chess video -

I missed the reference in the Chess video to the difference in opinion with the retired officer about race in the military...
Is there any expansion/clarification on that?
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm Can I ask upon what evidence we are assuming this is a mental health thing, rather than an extremist beliefs thing?

Nidal Hassan was not mentally ill, he was an Islamic extremist. Without any evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking the same thing about this guy. And, frankly, I'm really tired of veterans of a certain skin color voicing extreme views or behaving inappropriately (the recent veteran attacking airport personnel comes to mind) and immediately being excused because of mental illness or PTSD.
I don’t necessarily think it *is* a mental health thing. But this kind of behavior is *exceptionally unusual* for a Lieutenant Colonel in the Marines. It may well be that they guy is just an asshole who wants to throw his career away. But I can pretty much guarantee that the Marine Corps is going to find out one way or the other whether he’s just a dick or whether there’s something else going on before they put him out.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:02 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm Can I ask upon what evidence we are assuming this is a mental health thing, rather than an extremist beliefs thing?

I don’t necessarily think it *is* a mental health thing. But this kind of behavior is *exceptionally unusual* for a Lieutenant Colonel in the Marines. It may well be that they guy is just an asshole who wants to throw his career away. But I can pretty much guarantee that the Marine Corps is going to find out one way or the other whether he’s just a dick or whether there’s something else going on before they put him out.
Nidal Hassan was a major (O-4), one grade below this guy. Hell, Michael Flynn had three stars on his shoulders. The tradition of nutty officers goes back even further to guys like Thomas Power (who actually said "If there's two American left and one Russia, we win!" about a potential nuclear exchange) or Curtis LeMay, who routinely thought mass murder was a valid military strategy. Forgive me for saying I'm not super willing to take it on faith that the armed services are always the best judges of character among their officers.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Luke

Post by Luke »

Stuart photo_2021-08-30_15-26-05.jpg
Stuart photo_2021-08-30_15-26-05.jpg (130.66 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Dave from down under

So much for his military oath...
So much for him being "honourable"...
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The BxF6 is chess shorthand for Bishop takes that is on F6. I think that's what it means anyway. after looking up references to it, I think he is putting that out as it is part of the "Sicilian defense," where black asserts control over the center of the board after White's opening moves.

Of course, its pretty arrogant that this guy thinks he is standing on even station with White, and that this is a simple chess match. This isn't an equal contest of power. He is likely to find himself running full speed into a very very sturdy brick wall, and his dismissal of Covid is arrogant in the extreme. Though he has a point about the suicide, he is very much missing the point.

I think when you drill down through his beliefs you will find some real shit at the core which isn't what he is talking about initially. But he is extreely arrogant.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Other weirdos”