The Kent Hovind Birthing Center & Related Matters

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
RLBaty

The Kent Hovind Birthing Center & Related Matters

Post by RLBaty »

I posted an introduction and, despite my history in the old FogBow, some indicated some interest in my Hovind hobbies.

So, I decided to try this one for starters.

In recent days Kent Hovind has indicated 2 of the women living with him on his 145 acre conpound near Lenox, AL, which Google has identified as Dinosaur Adventure Land, have given birth this month, 10 days apart.

Typically, as in this case, Kent likes to keep his secrets, but it appears he has diversified into offering pregnant women seeking a non-hospital setting to have a natural birth a place to do so, if they can pull it off. It's a real thing with some women, I hear.

Recently, a pediatrician from Texas who had lived with Kent for a year or so returned to Texas, but she may be still providing services on Kent's conpound via "tele-medicine", her specialty, and she only accepts cash. She got her license to practice in Alabama while living with Kent.

Did she help Kent set up a birthing facility?

Kent recently featured one of the women giving birth in a live broadcast on his YouTube channel. Kent doesn't, however, tell the "real story" behind the birth. Apparently the women couldn't pull off the natural birth at Kent's place and was driven to the hospital in Monroeville for the birth. Kent, not her husband who works for Kent on the conpound, appears to have accompanied the woman to the hospital for the birth.

The woman is 42 years old and claims she had 2 previous C-Sections and was desperate for a natural birth. She didn't hang around the hospital very long after the birth and Kent was featuring her and her baby in his YouTube performance 2-3 days after the birth, and then the woman disappeared, so it seems. The baby was shown again with its father, but where is the mother. How has her recovery been going?

Seems to me Kent trying to provide such a facility for women who want a natural birth experience, without a hospital and all the medical issues that go along with hospital births, is problematic.

Alas, if there is any public interest in this latest of developments, it is going to take more than I got to get to the bottom of it.

I did prepare and publish an article on the matter at:

The Kent Hovind Birthing Center

Oh, I also wrote about that pediatrician that lived with Kent for a year.
See:

Jonathan & Bethany Rife Move In With Kent

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
Dave from down under

Re: The Kent Hovind Birthing Center

Post by Dave from down under »

Apart from the birthing potential issues

Drowning may be an issue

https://www.drowningaccidentsattorney.c ... ture-land/

According to online sources a 7-year-old boy drowned earlier this month at “Dinosaur Adventure Land,” a small pro-creationism amusement venue in Monroe County, Alabama operated by Kent “Dr. Dino” Hovind through his Creation Science Evangelism organization. A news item appearing in the Monroe Journal reported that the child apparently fell unnoticed from a dock adjacent to a small pond on the property and drowned in 3 feet of water. The same article reports that, although lifejackets were available near the accident site, the victim was not wearing a personal flotation device when his body was discovered. The Journal also noted that no lifeguards were on duty at the time of the accident.

Negligence often leads to drowning accidents
If the online and Journal reports are true, it would appear that Dinosaur Adventure Land could be held liable for this child’s death on the grounds that Dinosaur Adventure Land was grossly negligent in 1) not having a trained lifeguard on duty, 2) failure to monitor the activities of visitors (especially children) when near water, and 3) failure to provide adequate training in water safety for staff and volunteers. These liability issues, and others, are discussed in the following sections.
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:37 pm Apart from the birthing potential issues

Drowning may be an issue
I have a lot of issues covered on my website.

I covered the drowning issue from the beginning.

See:

Drowning at the Kent Hovind Conpound

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Welcome back Robert.

An early suggestion if I might, how about one general Kent Hovind thread instead of starting a new thread for each of Kent's micro eruptions? It would be more streamlined and cohesive that way. As the thread starter I ~believe~ you can edit the title. I thank you for your kind consideration on this point.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kent Hovind is a fucktard.

NSFW of course.

Also, when I hear his name now, I hear Hovid, as in COVID.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:dog:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

GlimDropper wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:04 pm Welcome back Robert.

An early suggestion if I might, how about one general Kent Hovind thread instead of starting a new thread for each of Kent's micro eruptions? It would be more streamlined and cohesive that way. As the thread starter I ~believe~ you can edit the title. I thank you for your kind consideration on this point.
I second that suggestion. There may be good reasons for splitting into multiple threads, but I would vote for a single Hovind thread. I am very interested in this idiot's shenanigans and would be so much easier if it's in one place.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

RVInit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:05 pm
GlimDropper wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:04 pm Welcome back Robert.

I second that suggestion. There may be good reasons for splitting into multiple threads, but I would vote for a single Hovind thread. I am very interested in this idiot's shenanigans and would be so much easier if it's in one place.
I guess, for now, I'll just leave this thread as it is and see where it goes.

Depending upon what might be generated in the way of interest, I or others can start new threads as this one might become more concentrated on a single issue. I will change the title to reflect the thread is not limited to the birthing issue that I thought might generate some interests in those possibly more knowledgeable than I regarding the women's movement and "natural birth" efforts sans hospitals.

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
scirreeve

Re: The Kent Hovind Birthing Center & Related Matters

Post by scirreeve »

I don't pay much attention to Hovind and probably won't in the future. I saw some author I follow went to the Dino Museum in Montana a couple of months ago and then went and looked at their website and found Eric. I thought he was running the Dino club now and not Kent but I don't pay much attention to these nutz.
https://creationtruth.org/meet-eric-hovind/
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.61 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

"One thread per family" is a good idea. I don't think we need different threads for Kent and Eric. Except for very large/prominent families like the Bundys, who may even warrant their own forum.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 am "One thread per family" is a good idea. I don't think we need different threads for Kent and Eric. Except for very large/prominent families like the Bundys, who may even warrant their own forum.
:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The words "Kent Hovind Birthing Center" give me the creeps.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:18 pm The words "Kent Hovind Birthing Center" give me the creeps.
The words "Kent Hovind" give me the creeps.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ahhhh, a Dr. Dolla' and Jr. Dolla' thread....interesting...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RLBaty wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:30 pm I posted an introduction and, despite my history in the old FogBow, some indicated some interest in my Hovind hobbies.

So, I decided to try this one for starters.

In recent days Kent Hovind has indicated 2 of the women living with him on his 145 acre conpound near Lenox, AL, which Google has identified as Dinosaur Adventure Land, have given birth this month, 10 days apart.

Typically, as in this case, Kent likes to keep his secrets, but it appears he has diversified into offering pregnant women seeking a non-hospital setting to have a natural birth a place to do so, if they can pull it off. It's a real thing with some women, I hear.

Recently, a pediatrician from Texas who had lived with Kent for a year or so returned to Texas, but she may be still providing services on Kent's conpound via "tele-medicine", her specialty, and she only accepts cash. She got her license to practice in Alabama while living with Kent.

Did she help Kent set up a birthing facility?

Kent recently featured one of the women giving birth in a live broadcast on his YouTube channel. Kent doesn't, however, tell the "real story" behind the birth. Apparently the women couldn't pull off the natural birth at Kent's place and was driven to the hospital in Monroeville for the birth. Kent, not her husband who works for Kent on the conpound, appears to have accompanied the woman to the hospital for the birth.

The woman is 42 years old and claims she had 2 previous C-Sections and was desperate for a natural birth. She didn't hang around the hospital very long after the birth and Kent was featuring her and her baby in his YouTube performance 2-3 days after the birth, and then the woman disappeared, so it seems. The baby was shown again with its father, but where is the mother. How has her recovery been going?

Seems to me Kent trying to provide such a facility for women who want a natural birth experience, without a hospital and all the medical issues that go along with hospital births, is problematic.

Alas, if there is any public interest in this latest of developments, it is going to take more than I got to get to the bottom of it.

I did prepare and publish an article on the matter at:

The Kent Hovind Birthing Center

Oh, I also wrote about that pediatrician that lived with Kent for a year.
See:

Jonathan & Bethany Rife Move In With Kent

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
So, when I started college, it was my plan to become a Certified Nurse Midwife (requires a master's in nursing and is a nurse practitioner). I've witnessed 7 births and have some on knowledge about midwifery as a career.

There are several ways one can become a midwife. Most midwives that are not CNMs have no idea what they're doing and are dangerous. Imo, only CNM are adequately trained in childbirth and are safe outside hospital settings. Most practice in hospital affiliated birthing centers and hospitals.

If Hovind has any midwives at his compound, they are likely direct entry midwives (aka lay midwives). State laws vary on what type of midwives can legally practice in their state.

Direct entry midwives make a lot of promises that are dangerous. One is that it's safe to have a
VBAC delivery
at home. VBAC =vaginal birth after C-section.

There are legitimate reasons for selecting a VBAC. Recovery from a vaginal birth is much faster than the recovery from a C-section. But VBACs should never be attempted outside a hospital OR a hospital affiliated birthing center.

(The main hospital in my community has an affiliated birthing center across the street from the main building. It gives the "home like" birth experience while having emergency assistance immediately available. CNMs are in charge of the births but can transfer patients to OBGYNs at the hospital in just a few minutes.)

Home births in the US have twice the infant mortality rate then hospital or hospital affiliated birthing centers.

At times women chose home births after a hospital birth because they found the hospital intimidating. Or they listen to the lay midwife community and home birth chat sites about how "dangerous" hospitals are and that hospital births are misogynistic and take all all control away from women. Thus, the only way to have any control over your labor and birthing experience is to have a home birth. Otherwise, greedy doctors will cut you open so that your birth doesn't interrupt their tee time (yes, that's a frequent example for why OBGYNs are evil).

The direct entry midwife community takes advantage of pregnant women, esp women who previously had a traumatic birth. A friend of mine nearly died while in labor with her first child (I'm not exaggerating). Had she not had a C-section with 3 minutes, she and her child would have died. This left my friend very afraid of her next birth. She had a CNM (the good midwives), and did plan to have her second baby at the hospital. But she wanted nothing to do with an OBGYN. She was terrified of another C-section.

CNMs practice under the supervision of an OBGYN. My friend's 2nd child was 10.5 pounds. He was huge. The CNM and OBGYN knew that a VBAC was dangerous and spent hours convincing her to have another C-section. The OBGYN called her at home soon before the birth and pleaded with my friend to not have a VBAC. Finally my friend agreed to a C-section. Thank dog she did. Her uterus burst when the doctor touched it at the beginning of my friend's C-section. Had my friend not finally consented to the C-section, it's highly possible that she and her giant baby would have died. (Her husband had a vasectomy after their 2nd child's birth.)

Direct entry midwives make promises to women like my friend that could get woman killed. And/or their babies killed.

Hovind is a predator on many levels. His latest venture of a birthing center is beyond dangerous. I hope his birth center is investigated.

*The anti-medical birth community gets rather bizarre. Check out the free birth movement. :shock:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

LM K wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 pm
Direct entry midwives make promises to women like my friend that could get woman killed. And/or their babies killed.

Hovind is a predator on many levels. His latest venture of a birthing center is beyond dangerous. I hope his birth center is investigated.

*The anti-medical birth community gets rather bizarre. Check out the free birth movement. :shock:
Thanks for that analysis.

Kent had a pediatrician from Texas, Bethany Rife, M.D., live with him for about a year. She got her license to practice in Alabama and continued to practice in Texas; specializing in "tele-medicine", cash only. She may still be providing services for Hovind and his people.

Due to all the secrecy around the Hovind operations, no telling what that had to do with Hovind setting up a birthing operation.

In more recent weeks, Kent has bragged about having as many as 4 nurses living with him.
No details.
Maybe they are there for the birthing operation.
Maybe they are "nurses" like Paul John Hansen is a "lawyer".

One my agents who canvassed possible witnesses, reported that the woman recently reported as having a baby while living with Kent, the one who claimed too have had 2 C-Sections and was 42 years old, may well have died at the hospital due to blood loss and other complications and she not gotten to the hospital. Hovind, reportedly, was helping her decide the medical issues (Hovind was also, reportedly, involved in the death of his first 3 children under similar circumstances).

Kent showed her off in a video with the baby, a couple of days after the birth and after Kent got her to return to the conpound (AMA, so I hear). There was then a picture of the father with the baby (on the conpound) a couple of days after that, but since then there appears to have been no further reports. I am unable to report on the developing conditions of the mother and child.

In the Suzy Theodoro case (Baby Sofia), she looked far and wide for a birthing facility where she could have a VBAC after 2 C-Sections. While traveling (AMA) she stopped at a hospital in Connecticut for a quick check up and wound up giving birth via C-Section, again. Child Protective Services took custody of the child in that case and the rest, they say, is history. That's another case that has played out quite prominently in social media.

Some claim the Baby Sofia case is similar to the Baby Holm case. In the Baby Holm case, Kent Hovind's sovcit authority Brady Byrum was in on the ground floor helping the Holms fight the State of Alabama after their newborn was removed at the hospital. The Holms had, reportedly, planned to have their child unattended in the woods in Cheah State Park. They tried, but they couldn't pull it off and took an ambulance to the hospital, pulled sovcit tricks and the child was removed from their custody. Ultimately, they had their parental rights terminated and the child was adopted. Another long story there.

So, now we have Hovind, seemingly, getting into the birthing business and, depending on developments, he and his mothers/fathers maybe be getting into some issues with the State regarding such things.

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

OMG, this sound like the script for a horror movie.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RLBaty wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:48 pm
Thanks for that analysis.

Kent had a pediatrician from Texas, Bethany Rife, M.D., live with him for about a year. She got her license to practice in Alabama and continued to practice in Texas; specializing in "tele-medicine", cash only. She may still be providing services for Hovind and his people.

Due to all the secrecy around the Hovind operations, no telling what that had to do with Hovind setting up a birthing operation.

In more recent weeks, Kent has bragged about having as many as 4 nurses living with him.
No details.
Maybe they are there for the birthing operation.
Maybe they are "nurses" like Paul John Hansen is a "lawyer".

One my agents who canvassed possible witnesses, reported that the woman recently reported as having a baby while living with Kent, the one who claimed too have had 2 C-Sections and was 42 years old, may well have died at the hospital due to blood loss and other complications and she not gotten to the hospital. Hovind, reportedly, was helping her decide the medical issues (Hovind was also, reportedly, involved in the death of his first 3 children under similar circumstances).

Kent showed her off in a video with the baby, a couple of days after the birth and after Kent got her to return to the conpound (AMA, so I hear). There was then a picture of the father with the baby (on the conpound) a couple of days after that, but since then there appears to have been no further reports. I am unable to report on the developing conditions of the mother and child.

In the Suzy Theodoro case (Baby Sofia), she looked far and wide for a birthing facility where she could have a VBAC after 2 C-Sections. While traveling (AMA) she stopped at a hospital in Connecticut for a quick check up and wound up giving birth via C-Section, again. Child Protective Services took custody of the child in that case and the rest, they say, is history. That's another case that has played out quite prominently in social media.

Some claim the Baby Sofia case is similar to the Baby Holm case. In the Baby Holm case, Kent Hovind's sovcit authority Brady Byrum was in on the ground floor helping the Holms fight the State of Alabama after their newborn was removed at the hospital. The Holms had, reportedly, planned to have their child unattended in the woods in Cheah State Park. They tried, but they couldn't pull it off and took an ambulance to the hospital, pulled sovcit tricks and the child was removed from their custody. Ultimately, they had their parental rights terminated and the child was adopted. Another long story there.

So, now we have Hovind, seemingly, getting into the birthing business and, depending on developments, he and his mothers/fathers maybe be getting into some issues with the State regarding such things.

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
No responsible pediatrician would get involved in a birthing center like Hovind's center. And you can't help with childbirth via telemedicine.

I read a bunch on your website and FB about Suzy Theodoro. That woman is batshit crazy. :crazy: The only thing true about her story is that Baby Sophia was removed from her and her husband's custody. Suzy's all caps rants about DCF are insane. I guess she didn't understand that social media rants will be taken into consideration when child custody is being determined.

I think that if Suzy and Peter had played nicely and respectfully, they would have regained custody quite quickly.

The couple did regain custody earlier this month.

Are the Theodoros Sovcit nuts?

It was a no brainer for the State of Alabama to take custody of an infant when a couple attempts to fucking free birth in the forest. Women typically have C-sections after 24 hours of labor unless their labor has begun to speed up.

Laboring for 2 days is a recipe for disaster. Free birthing kills mothers and babies.

P.S. Robert, I didn't get any grading done this afternoon. I went down the Baby Sofia hole. I blame you and am going to tell my students it's your fault that I'm late finishing grading! :batting: :kiss:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

LM K wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 pm
P.S. Robert, I didn't get any grading done this afternoon. I went down the Baby Sofia hole. I blame you and am going to tell my students it's your fault that I'm late finishing grading! :batting: :kiss:
I'll take the hit.

Thanks for the consideration.

I have Kent Hovind to thank for getting me into this via his man Brady Byrum
who was secretly meddling in the Baby Holm case.

I did not know what I was getting into when I got in the middle of that case
and found out there was a whole movement going on with all of that.

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

LM K wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 pm
Are the Theodoros Sovcit nuts?
It's not real clear what all they might be.

They seemed to pull some typical sovcit nonsense in Connecticut at the hospital, similar to the Holms.

Who they are and what they are, to many, are still not very clear.

They have kept much of what they are all about quite secret.

They still haven't explained just what happened so that Sofia was with them recently or what, exactly,
is the status of custody.

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I had eyes on the Holm case back in the day. SSG Moo was gonna go there and rescue the kid or whatever ( think she said take care of the baby but whatever). Lambo, Roots, KK and maybe Gav were all over it. None of them showed up of course but there were some FB interviews with Christian and Danielle - they are sovcit weirdos. I stopped paying attention to the case when the poots stopped paying attention. Thanks for the update.
RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

scirreeve wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:43 pm I had eyes on the Holm case back in the day. SSG Moo was gonna go there and rescue the kid or whatever ( think she said take care of the baby but whatever). Lambo, Roots, KK and maybe Gav were all over it. None of them showed up of course but there were some FB interviews with Christian and Danielle - they are sovcit weirdos. I stopped paying attention to the case when the poots stopped paying attention. Thanks for the update.
You are welcome.
Thanks for the feedback.

C. Clarke Holm has been quite active on his YouTube channel in recent weeks, and once in awhile Danielle makes an appearance.

I think his videos are good evidence of his mental issues and continuing whining about the loss of the child and his inheritance.

Link to his channel:
C. Clarke Holm YouTube Channel

Sincerely,
Robert Baty
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Lincoln (ex he allegedly abused) also filed a petition for a protective order against him
Lincoln?

A Picture of a MAN!!!

Is that a poorly phrased description, is Lincoln now a gender neutral name, or did Dr Kino catch the gay?

Orly! I need a FULL REPORT!

ETA; Oh, her last name is Lincoln...gotcha.

I almost had the vapors.

Return to “Other weirdos”