Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Flynn - Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Post by Foggy »

I think that's the right decision (not going after Flynn). Don't give him the notoriety. Just let him wallow in his own miserable life.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:56 am I think that's the right decision. Don't give him the notoriety. Just let him wallow in his own miserable life.
I agree. I’m also bothered by the potential First Amendment implications. The military punishes way more speech than the civilians do, and the Supreme Court’s decision in Parker v. Levy gives lip service to the notion that military members don’t lose their constitutional rights when they join, but says that the military can decide for itself whether certain speech should be restricted in the interest of national security.

Also, too, there is now a split in authority between the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit regarding whether the military can recall a retiree for court-martial for post-retirement misconduct. It’s complicated, grounded in arcane issues of statutory construction, and I really doubt the Army wants this to be the test case.

As an aside, I worked on an appellate case years ago where the guy was accused of sedition based upon speech alone. Dude couldn’t have incited his way out of a wet paper sack. We lost, and that’s one of very few cases where I was outraged by the result.

I hate Flynn with a passion, but personally, I think Flynn’s statement, “No reason [what happened in Myanmar shouldn’t happen here]. I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right," is constitutionally protected speech. “I think there ought to be a coup” is not a definite enough call to arms, which is what you need for sedition.

YMMV, and that’s OK. Reasonable minds can differ about this stuff.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

The beagle, as always, is wise.

Really, I don't think the people who want Flynn prosecuted (for whom, despite my agreement with Maybenaut, I have the utmost sympathy) are concerned about Flynn's statements in a vacuum. The real concern is that there are active duty generals and admirals who agree with what Flynn said. The first person who comes to mind in that regard is Michael Flynn's brother, if only because of his involvement in the events of January 6th. And it's a much harder call to distinguish when someone with stars on their shoulder is saying "I think there should be a coup" as opposed to "I'm going to instigate a coup." President Lyman didn't have much proof that General James Mattoon Scott was plotting a coup either, if you've seen or read Seven Days in May.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Yeah, instead of "prosecuted," I'll settle for "reviled." 8-)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Agree, but it's been a pattern with this loser. He called for martial law on Newsmax, attended that White House meeting pushing it, and keeps saying it over and over, it wasn't just the Q conference. But understand there should be a high bar.

What's worrisome is that he has nearly 62,000 subscribers on Telegram where he constantly posts disinformation (he has been one of the key guys saying DL2XIT will be back in the White House in August). And tons of garbage like this.
Gen. Flynn, [18.05.21 14:06]
Who’s in control right now?

Financial Biden. Everything else The Military. The Military does not accept orders from Biden. He’s not allowed in The Pentagon. They continue to follow mission orders from Trump before he left office. And they’re making their own decisions.The National Guard is controlled by State Governors. The U.S. Military is under the Command of a legitimate President. Biden’s Secretary of Defense has zero say in what is happening. Milley is out of the loop. He has conflicts of interest and is excluded from some operations. @genflynnchannel
Martial law hasn't been used since Pearl Harbor, yet Flynn says it's "common".

Here's Flynn on Greg Kelly on Newsmax with his martial law comments:

Thuggery': Four Star Army General Blasts Trump's MAGA Martial Law Plot | The Beat With Ari Melber
1,263,830 views•Dec 21, 2020

Rachel covered this for 7 minutes last night:
Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell Keeping Supporters Deluded About Trump's Loss

Rachel Maddow shares video of pro-Trump characters like disgraced former NSA Mike Flynn and wildly unsuccessful Trump election lawyer Sidney Powell spreading a message of Donald Trump's secret 2020 victory to supporters at a QAnon convention, with Trump bizarrely convinced of his own lie.

Apparently, DL2XIT is going to appear by "Jumbotron" at Mike Lindell's Frank Rally next weekend (he was added to that flyer posted in the Lindell topic).
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Gen. Mike Flynn wrote:The Military does not accept orders from Biden. He’s not allowed in The Pentagon. They continue to follow mission orders from Trump before he left office. And they’re making their own decisions.
That’s a lie, and Flynn knows it. But I’m OK with his loser followers believing it to be true, because it keeps them from storming the Pentagon.

As for the National Guard being under the control of the governors, that’s true. But the ability of a state’s National Guard to function without federal dollars is zero. If some governor tries to use the national guard for anything the federal government doesn’t approve of, that’s the end of federal support for that state, and the governors know that. There’s a reason it’s called the National Guard. It isn’t intended as a force against the United States government.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:15 pm The real concern is that there are active duty generals and admirals who agree with what Flynn said. The first person who comes to mind in that regard is Michael Flynn's brother, if only because of his involvement in the events of January 6th. And it's a much harder call to distinguish when someone with stars on their shoulder is saying "I think there should be a coup" as opposed to "I'm going to instigate a coup.".
I don’t disagree that that is something we ought to be concerned about, but only because of the detrimental effect it would have on morale. I mean, you’re a junior enlisted guy and your leadership is telling you to violate your oath? That would suck.

But just knowing how these thing would play out in the military, I’m actually not worried that a coup would ever be attempted, let alone successful. I mean, here’s how I see that playing out:

Adm Schmidlap, Chief of Naval Operations, calls a meeting, either with his senior leadership or an all-hands, and announces that in his opinion the the election was rigged and the real CinC is the former guy. Even if he actually said that he was ordering people to take up arms against the United States, no one in the Navy is going to do anything without it going through layers and layers of approval, including a review by the Judge Advocate General and the Inspector General. The reason for that is because, bureaucratically, there’s a difference (and a significant delay) between what the Admiral wants and what it’s going to take to get there. All military members know they have a duty to disobey an unlawful order. The JAGs’ phones are going to be ringing off the hook, and shit will get watered down and put off until Adm Schmidlap gets fired.

That doesn’t mean Adm Schmidlap shouldn’t be prosecuted. I’m just not worried about a coup.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:02 pm But just knowing how these thing would play out in the military, I’m actually not worried that a coup would ever be attempted, let alone successful. I mean, here’s how I see that playing out:
Coups tend to be very top down, which given how intermixed civilian and military leadership is in this country would probably make it pretty unlikely.

I could maybe see some situation where, say, a national guard unity that is deployed to handle something decides to step out of the way (so not defend what they are supposed to be defending) or even switches sides, which could cause some paralysis... though I picture the most likely thing to happen, if anything, would be isolated groups of soldiers having the genius idea to drunkenly raid an armory with the fantasy of their fellow soldiers making them their new leaders.. and proceeding to get smacked down.

The bigger thing I worry about though is mid level individuals openly defying orders or being disrespectful, kinda like how we saw a bit under Obama but scaled up. Not an open rebellion, but a breakdown of command.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://www.justsecurity.org/76874/what ... derations/
What To Do About Lt. General (retired) Flynn: Military Justice and Civil-Military Relations Considerations by Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman and Lt. Col. Daniel Maurer

June 11, 2021

So far, Flynn’s retired status has protected him from potential consequences under the UCMJ. This essay seeks to fill a vacuum in the ongoing public discourse about whether Flynn could be held legally accountable for his actions and remarks. Currently, some are calling for his prosecution under military law. Others – in view of his retired status – caution that bringing him back on active duty for court-martial or court-martialing him in his retired status would rest on shaky constitutional ground – not because of the speech regulation involved, but for the UCMJ’s long-arm personal jurisdiction. What has not been adequately described is how a military prosecutor, advising a court-martial convening authority, might approach this problem.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm https://www.justsecurity.org/76874/what ... derations/
What To Do About Lt. General (retired) Flynn: Military Justice and Civil-Military Relations Considerations by Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman and Lt. Col. Daniel Maurer

June 11, 2021

So far, Flynn’s retired status has protected him from potential consequences under the UCMJ. This essay seeks to fill a vacuum in the ongoing public discourse about whether Flynn could be held legally accountable for his actions and remarks. Currently, some are calling for his prosecution under military law. Others – in view of his retired status – caution that bringing him back on active duty for court-martial or court-martialing him in his retired status would rest on shaky constitutional ground – not because of the speech regulation involved, but for the UCMJ’s long-arm personal jurisdiction. What has not been adequately described is how a military prosecutor, advising a court-martial convening authority, might approach this problem.
Thanks! The article was an interesting evaluation of the nuts and bolts of pursuing Flynn for his pro-coup remarks, leading me to believe that it is a plausible direction that might be taken. Oddly enough, one of the co-authors is impeachment witness Vindman’s brother.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

What I loved about the article is the publication publishes opposing views. The Editor’s Note at the end says,
Editor’s note: For a different view, readers may be interested in Eugene R. Fidell’s Getting Real About General Flynn.
Gene Fidell is teaches at Yale. He co-founded the National Institute for Military Justice. He is well-respected among military justice practitioners. He represented Bowe Bergdahl through the military justice process. Think what you will about Bergdahl, Gene got good results for his client.

Anyhoo, here’s a link to Gene Fidell’s article, in which he explains the potential jurisdictional issues in recalling Flynn for court-martial, explains how any potential charges would likely fail, and concludes,
General Flynn is clearly bad news and it is not surprising that he has made himself a pariah among military retirees and other veterans. He probably has few admirers left among serving flag and general officers. It’s fine—and important—to criticize his reckless (if not outright dangerous) talk, but let’s not waste any more time spinning out theories of ways to drag him into a court-martial.
https://www.justsecurity.org/76793/gett ... ral-flynn/
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

As a practical matter, I think the odds that the government prosecutes Flynn are exceedingly remote. However, it is a good thing that intelligent people believe that Flynn crossed the line in a way that could/should be punished. People with Flynn's background should be mindful that insurrectionist words may have consequences.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Michael Thomas is still at it.
Lin Wood, [24.06.21 10:05]
[Forwarded from TheStormHasArrived17💀 (TheStormHasArrived17)]
[ Video ]
General Flynn discusses Trump being reinstated:

“...what should happen if we find out that there are a sufficient number of electoral votes that are reversed because proper audits are done, and Trump now has over 270, right? Then you reinstate the guy and you get rid of the guy that’s there.

And everybody’s gonna go ‘ohh this is unconstitutional!’ BULLSHIT...

So, that is unprecedented at the Presidential level but it doesn’t mean that it’s not gonna happen or cannot happen.”
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nobody's cared about Michael Thomas since Jun 25.

Rachel the Gassy Burro posted an interview with him from Western Journal posted Aug 19. Usually he's just screaming, in this he's more measured. Still nuts and wrong, but if you want to hear a Trumper viewpoint kinda well expressed this is about as good as it gets. It's a 4 parter, only got through this 17m segment. Not really recommending it, but if you're just wanting noise in the background at least in this he's not screaming (how's that for an endorsement? :P ). He's not confident that the disgraced loser's court picks are really "remaking the judiciary" as the host dreamily says.

Exclusive: General Flynn - Trump's Secret Weapon for Victory | Pt. 3
6,169 viewsAug 19, 2021

Back to Hawaii Five 0 (the original), we think of Lani every episode we watch! It's so fun, the guest stars being so damn young are terrific.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Watching some of the side mentions about election fraud folks and the various attempted fraudits, I am beginning to think Flynn is the real force behind the scenes. I would not be surprised if he had some behind-the-scenes actions to help push the Jan 6 event.

He truly wants a coup and if he can't get that, he will get people all riled up, but generally stay one step behind the leaders.

Was it Russia/Ukraine stuff he originally lied about? Hmm..
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Still traitorous garbage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Flynn is going to the proselytizing in Utah 10-22/23. Note a few of Kathy Smith's network (Dalley/Bryant), Gilbert, a bunch of antivaxxers and an Osmond.

Expect Mike Lee to attend.

https://www.wecanact.net/speakers
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jim Stewartson, Antifascist, #RIPQ @jimstewartson 12h
Mike Flynn’s employee and formerly part of “Q,” Tracy Diaz aka tracybeanz, screwed up and posted a letter from Chase canceling all of Flynn’s credit cards.

They cited “reputational risk.”
Despite Mike Flynn’s efforts, it’s still a free country.
filly

Post by filly »

Can’t blame Chase,
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

northland10 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 am Watching some of the side mentions about election fraud folks and the various attempted fraudits, I am beginning to think Flynn is the real force behind the scenes. I would not be surprised if he had some behind-the-scenes actions to help push the Jan 6 event.

He truly wants a coup and if he can't get that, he will get people all riled up, but generally stay one step behind the leaders.

Was it Russia/Ukraine stuff he originally lied about? Hmm..
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy remake...

Flynn the Soldier.
Luke

Post by Luke »

This is going to be a big blow to Chase... :(
Juanita Broaddrick @atensnut
Just cut up my Chase credit card in honor of my friend and hero, General Flynn.

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Cutting it up doesn't remove the need to pay it off... :boxing:
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

“We are closing your credit cards” and “we decided to close your credit cards…” Color me skeptical, but that doesn’t sound like language a bank would use.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Agreed, Maybenaut. Cancel cards, close accounts, but then again, lots of poorly educated people out there. :whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

From the Blaze (Glenn bBeck) so consider the source...
Chase Bank does about-face, apologizes for Gen. Flynn credit card cancellation letter, says it 'made an error'

Chase Bank on Tuesday told TheBlaze it has apologized for the credit card cancellation letter that retired Gen. Michael Flynn — former national security adviser under former President Donald Trump — posted on his Telegram social media page Sunday.
:snippity:
Chase Bank also told TheBlaze that "we made an error" in reference to the cancellation letter.
It's also worth reading the full Tuesday statement to TheBlaze from the Chase spokesperson: "We've contacted our customer to let her know that we made an error and we apologized for any inconvenience this caused."

So if Flynn complained about the credit card cancellation letter, who is the "her" that Chase refers to as the "customer" it contacted with an apology?

Well, Chase would not comment to TheBlaze about that, but there are some clues.

Flynn in his Telegram retort to Chase doesn't say the Chase letter was sent to him personally. He only accuses Chase of "persecuting my family and I."

In addition, the recipient's name and address are blacked out in the image of the letter Flynn posted. All that remains is the surname "Flynn" in the greeting section. But TheBlaze magnified the blacked-out sections and used the iPhone photos app to adjust the contrast and filter out the black — and noticed the letters to the left of "Flynn" don't appear to be part of the names "Mike" or "Michael." However, they may be part of the name "Lori," who is Flynn's wife.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/chase-ban ... e-an-error
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “QAnon and StopTheSteal whackos”