Bundy Clan 411

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Bundy Clan 411

Post by Estiveo »

I thought that address rang a bell. Reuters did an article 10 years ago on Cheyenne rivaling Cyprus & the Caymans for shady, skeevy, corporate registrations. (Surprise! Ukraine is mentioned!)
Estiveoshot_20210622_160833.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... 2L20110628
Image Image Image Image
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ammo scored an above the fold WaPo interview and article.
Far-right activist Ammon Bundy is running for Idaho governor, tapping an anti-establishment trend

Ammon Bundy has carried a small copy of the U.S. Constitution in his front pocket for the past seven years. He does so to remind himself of what the government is supposed to do to serve the people without abusing its authority, he said.

The far-right activist known for his armed occupation of federal land in Oregon rejects the “anti-government label” but is happy to swap it for a catchier one: “I am definitely anti-corrupt-government, anticronyism,” he said in an interview with The Washington Post, adding that he has never rallied for a revolution to overthrow the government.

Over the weekend, Bundy, 45, announced his bid to be governor of Idaho in what analysts say is a sign of state politics moving further to the right — and a wider national trend of anti-establishment candidates going mainstream.

Jeffrey Lyons, an assistant professor of political science at Boise State University, said Bundy is an example of politically extreme candidates garnering attention and support not only in Idaho but across the country — and across party lines.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... bundy0622/

Oh, and they haul out this old lie:
At the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, Bundy founded “People’s Rights,” which he described as “neighborhood watch on steroids,” a system to swiftly mobilize and respond when someone’s rights are being infringed.

The Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights and the Montana Human Rights Network found that People’s Rights and Bundy seized on coronavirus anxiety and cultivated “a dangerous new network” of gun-toting “militia members, anti-maskers, conspiracists, preppers, anti-vaxxers, and others.”

What started “with a few dozen supporters” in March 2020 has expanded to more than 20,000 members across the country. The report concluded that Bundy and the People’s Rights leaders differentiate themselves from a more traditional “anti-government” narratives, aiming instead for “governmental power to be used to protect the ‘righteous’ against ‘wicked’ liberals.”

The report highlights that the network shares many commonalities with far-right paramilitary movements of the past.

Bundy denied that the network has members with militia or paramilitary backgrounds, and he said the membership of “more than 60,000” people includes many “soccer moms,” adding that most of its members believe that they have the right to “defend themselves” when the government is stepping on their liberties.
:crazy:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

ZinWhit wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:44 pm For it's worth.
Have you sent this to the WaPo writer? Just wondering if he would be willing to take a look-see and update his story. It's worth a shot. I also cringe every time I see all these writers just pick up on the same non-factual information and spew it out there. It's a self-perpetuating thing, they see each other write the same shit and each of them things "yeah, everyone else says he's a rancher so he must be a rancher. They never consider that each of them writes that same crap because they see each other write that same crap. Must be true, they're all writing it! Of course, not just the rancher thing, all the other stuff you pointed out as well. So glad you joined us.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

he really doesn't have any chance does he?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The Profit gets a lot of love in the comments.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 pm I thought that address rang a bell. Reuters did an article 10 years ago on Cheyenne rivaling Cyprus & the Caymans for shady, skeevy, corporate registrations. (Surprise! Ukraine is mentioned!)
Ironically, earlier today I read about some guy who was just about to retire, and since he was working in a single office with nobody around, he thought he did not need to be vaccinated. He just died from COVID.

What was that job he was doing where nobody was around? One of those corporate registrars in Wyoming.
101010 :towel:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I got a screen grab from Ammo's rant.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Anyone with a fake FB account want to report him to FB?
https://www.facebook.com/ammon.bundy
Arthurwankspittle

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

ZinWhit wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:21 pm "Bushman is a blind radio shock jock from Utah who broadcasts with white supremacists...."
The inspiration for Dave Chapelle's Clayton Bigsby?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I have to admit I really don’t understand the purpose of Ammoan running for Governor. He will, at best, get the poot vote plus a few discontents. It raises his profile as part of a long term plan? Do his “States’ rights” backers have no better proponents - in any “debate” he will get destroyed. Is it just a case of continually testing the water? Why are none of the anti federal lands elected politicians more prominent in this effort? As a grift for Ammoan it makes sense and it fits with his self-image of being a prophet, but other than that I see no up sides. :shrug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:25 am I have to admit I really don’t understand the purpose of Ammoan running for Governor.
I suspect it is mostly about keeping his current followers hooked. They want to see him doing something, but getting involved in another standoff is risky and working with someone else's cause take thes spotlight off him. Running for Governor is high profile and low risk.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 am
Estiveo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 pm I thought that address rang a bell. Reuters did an article 10 years ago on Cheyenne rivaling Cyprus & the Caymans for shady, skeevy, corporate registrations. (Surprise! Ukraine is mentioned!)
Ironically, earlier today I read about some guy who was just about to retire, and since he was working in a single office with nobody around, he thought he did not need to be vaccinated. He just died from COVID.

What was that job he was doing where nobody was around? One of those corporate registrars in Wyoming.
How many corporations are going out of business cause their owners visited the guys office and caught a wiff of corona :think:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neeneko wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:50 am
Uninformed wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:25 am I have to admit I really don’t understand the purpose of Ammoan running for Governor.
I suspect it is mostly about keeping his current followers hooked. They want to see him doing something, but getting involved in another standoff is risky and working with someone else's cause take thes spotlight off him. Running for Governor is high profile and low risk.
It adds main stream cred to his resume as well. It makes him appear as if he will work within the system. When he doesn't get elected, then he can use it as proof that way doesn't work, that The Everyman has no chance against Big Gummint, and *alternative methods* are necessary.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Attachments
Screenshot_20210626-091422_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210626-091422_DuckDuckGo.jpg (248.18 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:47 pm he really doesn't have any chance does he?
I think there's a "non-zero" chance he could win but I don't actually think it's very high, that being said I also dont think that's the goal. As others have pointed out not winning comes with a great deal of ideological benefits for the group, where as actually winning could seriously backfire. When someone like Bundy actually gets authority there's a good chance they show themselves as being incredibly incompetent which can be far more damaging. If he loses they just beat the old "it's a rigged game" drum among other greatest hits and use it to inspire and tighten the grip on followers. If "their guy" as it were actually wins and then fails utterly to deliver the goods a fair number of poots could start wondering what the point is and spend their resources elsewhere.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He will probably run a campaign like his brother did which crashed and burned, and one reason for that is they didn't want to spend money on it.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Bundys and their elk”