Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

CPAC Conferences

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
scirreeve

Re: CPAC Conference 2021

Post by scirreeve »

Sorry - no idea why that pic posted twice. When I go to delete 1 of them says it was only posted once. Whatever, enjoy Elmer in a hole twice.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:19 am Sorry - no idea why that pic posted twice. When I go to delete 1 of them says it was only posted once. Whatever, enjoy Elmer in a hole twice.
One is the attachment one is placing it inline. If you don't do it quite right, and then try to fix it, that tends to happen.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I could fix it, but I like the photo. :batting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:09 am Interesting pic of Elmer in a hole in that post. Soon to be ex Mrs. Stewie says stuff about it. This is probably the wrong thread for Stewie nonsense. I might start a new one tomorrow if anyone cares about Stewie.
Back in the day, my best friend and I used to do similar role-playing stuff out in a farmer's field. We were age 10-12 then.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:41 am
scirreeve wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:09 am Interesting pic of Elmer in a hole in that post. Soon to be ex Mrs. Stewie says stuff about it. This is probably the wrong thread for Stewie nonsense. I might start a new one tomorrow if anyone cares about Stewie.
Back in the day, my best friend and I used to do similar role-playing stuff out in a farmer's field. We were age 10-12 then.

I was forced to do something similar for a part of my misspent youth. Mostly at places like Ft Benning, Ft Campbell, Ft Sherman etc...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:09 am
covfefe wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:44 am
scirreeve wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 pm I see 1 eyed seditionist Stewie was there. His soon to be ex wife wrote a blog thing about it.
https://thatgirltasha.com/f/do-i-think- ... go-quietly
We follow each other on the twitter and I have asked her a couple of questions and she always responds quickly. Her twitter thingy is here.
https:// twitter.com/That_Girl_Tasha
Thx for that, really interesting. :thumbsup:
Interesting pic of Elmer in a hole in that post. Soon to be ex Mrs. Stewie says stuff about it. This is probably the wrong thread for Stewie nonsense. I might start a new one tomorrow if anyone cares about Stewie.
https:// twitter.com/That_Girl_Tasha/status/1414822578024112133
Capture.JPG
Did he think of joining the tunnel rats in Vietnam? Or is he too young :?:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:32 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:41 am Back in the day, my best friend and I used to do similar role-playing stuff out in a farmer's field. We were age 10-12 then.
I was forced to do something similar for a part of my misspent youth. Mostly at places like Ft Benning, Ft Campbell, Ft Sherman etc...
Ahh.. US woodland (or is it ERDL) pattern. I miss that look. If I were some old dude who yells out clouds I would complain that our army was better with the pattern that was used when I was a youth, even though I never served. I have a hat and pants in that pattern though (I am pretty sure the pants are way past fitting).
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Ft Sherman in Panama?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Thanks for the earworm.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:58 pm Thanks for the earworm.
► Show Spoiler
It gave me this one.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (135.71 KiB) Viewed 1997 times

That there cesspool ain’t dug nowheres near deep enough nohow.

It's startin' to leak somethin'.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Ft Sherman in Panama?
Yes. Some people called it the worst post in the Army but I fell in love with Central America for life while I was there. Also, in the 80's when SouthCom was still there Panama in general and not just JOTC had a bit of a reputation as the place they sent people who they didn't feel safe having them in the US with live ammunition and couldn't send to Europe unless we wanted the allies to change sides. SouthCom was in Panama City and Balboa on the south (Pacific) side and in generally populated areas. The Jungle School was at the Atlantic side near Colon but wasn't exactly easy to get to or from and we were pretty isolated from the rest of the world there. Its a yacht club now, go figure.

It was like all the left handed, drummers, scuba diving pizza deliverymen and one armed transmission mechanics got put in one place. A place technically at the time or very recently US Soil but very much locked in the garage duct taped to chairs. After we surrendered the Canal Zone (well, we still had bases there but we were guests then) they moved Southcom to Tampa, the Jungle School to Hawaii and the nuts, freaks and not quite right eggbeater pilots to places like Guam, American Samoa and Attu in the Aleutians Islands.

I was destined to be there. :mrgreen:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
We lived in Ft Sherman, Panama when I was 6 -9 years old. My father was in the Army. I remember Jungle School. I loved that our house was right on the beach, that was pretty cool. Also, we had to cross over the locks every day on the way to school, so we were pretty much late getting to school every day. :lol: Even though I was pretty young when we lived there, I have fond memories and was really sad when we moved back to the USA. Ft Bliss, Texas just wasn't as much fun for a kid. But, I did hike in the desert all the time and discovered that the desert has all kinds of interesting wildlife. And tumbleweeds are kind of cool.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Oh my God hadn't seen this version! We fell on the floor. As before, if you're a musician or have some musical background it's just breathtaking. Northland, let's hear you do it 8-)

CPAC Anthem Video A Cappella HARMONY!
375,213 viewsMar 2, 2021

This came up cause this tweet was on Gregg's timeline. Couldn't resist. :lol:

Note: Didn't mention the performer's name.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

Post by much ado »

Did they mean to do that?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: No, it was a capella at the event. Poor girl totally screwed it up and #LeftNoKeyBehind. It became a fun challenge for musicians to fill it in to see if they could make it *sound* like it was supposed to be that way. They largely succeeded which is a huge accomplishment. If you follow along just the vocal line, you'll hear the first few lines are OK, but then she starts changing keys randomly, goes sharp, goes flat, it's just a never-before-heard version. It goes bad starting at "at the *twilight's last gleaming*. Here's the original and thank you for pointing it out because it makes the accompanied versions that much more brilliant:

Now, it is a very hard song and that's why not using her name, it's a challenge for any performer. But she was obviously unprepared for a huge nationally televised event and it was cruel for CPAC to set her up. However, these versions actually make her sound reasonably good. The brilliance of good musicians.

At the time, this performer seeming like the Musical Director made it come across so well that folks thought it was the actual performance :lol: It takes some crazy talent to make that sound good!

Kevon's is our absolute favorite, this was shared among Broadway, TV, and film musicians for weeks.

ETA: Oh Lord. Instead of quietly going away, she decided to do a 45-minute interview with the "behind the scenes" story. Didn't know she chose to keep digging. She admits it "wasn't good". The interviewer did a video to show how bad she was. What a strange interview. It explains more about how the great musicians were able to make her sound better. This is a really good explanation! 561 views.
Interview with CPAC National Anthem Star Sailor Sabol - CPez
561 views Apr 2, 2021

KingSnowman
1.09K subscribers
HERE is the ACTUAL Story of what happened with 2021 CPAC's National Anthem Singer Sailor Sabol, since if you look on the Internet, or Read Articles from the Media..... you won't get 1 Ounce of the truth in what occurred. In Addition, many facets of foundational problems in today's society show up in the story itself.
Cory Pesaturo - www.CPezMusic.com @CPez
Sailor Sabol - @Star_Spangled_Baddie

Sailor.JPG
Sailor.JPG (55.54 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm Oh my God hadn't seen this version! We fell on the floor. As before, if you're a musician or have some musical background it's just breathtaking. Northland, let's hear you do it 8-)
To prep something for that, you have to listen to the original over and over again. It triggers memories of sitting through auditions. I don't need that.
Luke

Post by Luke »

8-) Thought I'd tricked you into listening to the original over and over again. :lovestruck: :

That a capella is so fuc*ing brilliant, it's by a group from Quebec, the tweet with this only got like 30 likes. Had to follow them, they have some wonderful stuff on YouTube. Pleasure not to think of audits or Wohl or idiots for a few musical minutes :P

QW4RTZ | A CAPPELLAhttps://en.qw4rtz.ca
QW4RTZ is THE a cappella pop group from Quebec! Four guys unite their voices their voices to make you laugh, dance and sing along to their vocal harmonies!

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

it's a damn drinking song, not a dirge. Speed it up, me hearties
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:01 pm it's a damn drinking song, not a dirge. Speed it up, me hearties
:bar:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:01 pm it's a damn drinking song, not a dirge. Speed it up, me hearties
If I was drinking and starting singing a song "To Anacreon in Heaven," I will have been drinking waaaay too much.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Some think the vocal range in the original song made it intentionally hard to sing so that drunks can have fun laughing at their friends when they try.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I wrote on Oldbow :( about the time a high school girl was badly mangling the anthem at a meeting of the NCDP State Executive Committee in Pittsboro several years ago. We weren't supposed to be singing, but we all, instantly and with no discussion, jumped in to help her. One minute she was singing off key, and the next you couldn't hear her at all, because 700 people were singing at the top of our lungs.

Did you know that the poor ol' rooster who everybody loves to kick around whenever they're bored or havin' a bad day was a professional singer? Didn't see that one coming, didja?

Yeah, I was in the boy's choir at St. John's Episcopal Church in Bathysphere, Maryland or wherever it is, and if we showed up for practice on Thursday afternoons we would be paid the princely sum of 75 cents.

I still got it, citizens. José, can you see?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

By the dam's early plight.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Foggy, is that you over there on the right? 8-)

Return to “Current Politics”