Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
pipistrelle

Re: Rooting’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by pipistrelle »

Laura Chapin
@LauraChapin
So Lauren Boebert loudly unrolled a mylar blanket, chewed gum, and played on her phone while President Biden addressed the nation.
She's like a toddler you're stuck taking to a wedding because your sitter cancelled at the last minute.
10:00 PM · Apr 28, 2021
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Her press guy is a dolt.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:36 pm Her press guy is a dolt.

It gets even better... So the copyright for her shooters grill logo was up last year and she didn't renew it. So now someone else filed the paperwork and owns the logo

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Think that would be a trademark rather than a copyright.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Trademarks are tricky. There has to be an actual use before a trademark is perfected under the Lanham Act. And what ICANN will do is anybody's guess.

We do have an expert here on ICANN. Perhaps an offer of a Thai food dinner with Taitz will bring him out of the woodwork (with apologies to Woodworker).
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm Trademarks are tricky. There has to be an actual use before a trademark is perfected under the Lanham Act. And what ICANN will do is anybody's guess.

We do have an expert here on ICANN. Perhaps an offer of a Thai food dinner with Taitz will bring him out of the woodwork (with apologies to Woodworker).
What, no reference to the pastrami sandwiches I owe you?

I am not the ICANN expert, but the only way I would have any dinner with La'taitz is if it were done via Zoom (or similar), so I can mute and block video.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Our esteemed ICANN expert has already had at least one Thai dinner with Taitz (referred to as Thai Eats), so he knows who he is.

Thanks for reminding me about the pastrami sandwich. Where is it? I'm hungry.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Are they Thai pastrami? :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

woodworker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:15 pm
sterngard friegen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm Trademarks are tricky. There has to be an actual use before a trademark is perfected under the Lanham Act. And what ICANN will do is anybody's guess.

What, no reference to the pastrami sandwiches I owe you?

I am not the ICANN expert, but the only way I would have any dinner with La'taitz is if it were done via Zoom (or similar), so I can mute and block video.
Each time you guys start the pastrami thread my mouth waters. If'n you ever do get together, you owe me an overnight delivery of said pastrami. :waiting:

I will say the Oaklawn race track in Hot Springs, AR, has the best pastrami sandwiches I have tested thus far. Of course, it could be the ambience - pastrami, cold beer and horses.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Off Topic
I hate pastrami.
:hijacked:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Does anyone remember SolarWinds? Lauren Boebert doesn't.
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
Cyber attack on the largest meat distributor?

Is this yet another cyber attack with Biden “in charge”?

Maybe Dominion should branch out to make sure these companies are super secure.
Imma just drop a few links here:
WaPo: The Cybersecurity 202: The Biden administration aims big on cybersecurity spending
Fox Business: Biden admin warns Russia 'responsible states' aren't refuges for 'ransomware criminals' after JBS attack
CNBC: Biden signs executive order to strengthen U.S. cybersecurity defenses after Colonial Pipeline hack

Ya know Boebert, had yer guy taken some steps like this, maybe we wouldn't be in such deep waters on this right now, ya think?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brian Kahn
@blkahn
Nearly all of Lauren Boebert's district is in drought. But instead of using a hearing on the historic Western drought to find solutions, she spent it railing against "Green New Deal extremists" https://gizmodo.com/lauren-boebert-spen ... 1847033740
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Boebert has things to say. Stupid things.
The same liberals that legalized knowingly spreading HIV are now pushing Americans to take COVID tests or show proof of vaccination to enter restaurants.

No. We’re not playing your games.
Spreading COVID, legalize it!

Boebert continues to speak out in support of the insurrection.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” - Abraham Lincoln
Pretty sure she doesn't understand what ole Abe was getting at there, but here are a couple quotes sometimes thrown around with the one she quoted somebunny could tweet at her to help her out:
Susan B. Anthony wrote:“It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union… Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:“Our goal is freedom, and I believe we are going to get there because however much she strays away from it, the goal of America is freedom. Abused and scorned though we may be as a people, our destiny is tied up in the destiny of America .”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

When she says "legalized knowingly spreading HIV," she's talking about decriminalization of homosexuality.

I suggest we legalize knowingly boiling her in oil. :mad:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
tek

Post by tek »

Abbott, DeSantis, and many other GOP guvnahs have legalized knowingly spreading COVID.

Just sayin.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/2021/ ... ges/37194/
Just before she was elected to Congress last year, U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) finished paying off the state of Colorado nearly $20,000 in back taxes owed by her restaurant, Shooters Grill, located in Rifle.

The debt took the form of eight tax liens assessed since 2016 for failing to pay unemployment insurance.

But a ninth lien, assessed in 2017 by the Garfield County Court after Boebert refused to garnish an employee’s wages, remains unpaid, according to the Garfield County Court, in a response last week to a records request by the Colorado Times Recorder.

The outstanding lien of $2,578 was assessed against Shooters Grill after Boebert and an employee, who’d been sued by a debt collector, failed to respond to the court and the lawyers involved.

Boebert was unresponsive to written requests to deal with the matter. She also skipped two hearings arranged by the court. In one case, she’d received and ignored a summons to appear.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ado-487118
PUEBLO, Colo.—Charles Perko gestured past a vine-covered chain link fence toward a hulking steel facility with massive mills and squat brick office buildings. The 140-year-old complex had forged the iron that built the West, and once was Colorado’s largest employer, with some 10,000 workers. Now, much of the complex sits in disrepair. Some of its cylindrical stoves are rusted and empty—a symbol of an industry that Perko, a fourth-generation steel worker and president of a local union, says is in need of government help.

Lauren Boebert, the controversial pro-gun, Covid-skeptical freshman congresswoman who represents Pueblo, has credited working-class voters for her improbable 2020 victory. But it’s not clear her version of “working-class” includes the steel workers here. Perko didn’t vote for her. And, based on her opposition to President Joe Biden’s $2 trillion infrastructure plan, which Perko sees as a lifeline for his struggling industry, he doesn’t think Boebert cares all that much about his union members. He has tried to schedule a meeting with her to discuss these issues, he says. But the door to her local office is often locked, and her staff doesn’t return his calls.

“One of the key parts of that [infrastructure] plan is Amtrak expansion. Ours is one of only three mills in the country that makes rail,” Perko said on a breezy afternoon in April, as he turned to face the manufacturing complex, now owned by the multinational company Evraz Group. “If we can get just that part of the infrastructure plan alone passed, that will be business that would keep us in jobs for many years.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-2653300617/
According to a report from Politico, the antics of Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) since she has been in Congress are turning off voters in one of the most important cities in her district and creating a groundswell to defeat her in the 2022 midterm election.

Politico's Jennifer Oldham reports that the city of Pueblo, Colorado could hold the key to whether Boebert is returned to Congress and, according to her report, "Among voters in Pueblo—the largest and most politically unpredictable city in Boebert's vast district—there is a growing sense of exasperation with the freshman representative not yet six months into her tenure."

Case in point, Sol Sandoval, who now intends to run against her.

"When I think of Lauren Boebert, I think of that expression 'all hat and no cattle,'" Sandoval explained. "When she had the opportunity to support stimulus funding, she chose Trump over us. It's very frustrating."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 am"When I think of Lauren Boebert, I think of that expression 'all hat and no cattle,'" Sandoval explained. "When she had the opportunity to support stimulus funding, she chose Trump over us. It's very frustrating."
[/quote]

Will she be a bellweather of the support for Trump?

I've always suspected, and I still believe, that, if Trump supporters like Boebert and MJT are defeated in 2022, it will signal the end of Donald Trump's political career. It probably won't be the end of Trumpism, however. I think that Trump was just a figurehead that came along at the right time and ran in front of the right-wing, racist mob and yelled "Follow me". Even when Trump is gone, the sentiment will remain.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:42 am
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 am"When I think of Lauren Boebert, I think of that expression 'all hat and no cattle,'" Sandoval explained. "When she had the opportunity to support stimulus funding, she chose Trump over us. It's very frustrating."
Will she be a bellweather of the support for Trump?

I've always suspected, and I still believe, that, if Trump supporters like Boebert and MJT are defeated in 2022, it will signal the end of Donald Trump's political career. It probably won't be the end of Trumpism, however. I think that Trump was just a figurehead that came along at the right time and ran in front of the right-wing, racist mob and yelled "Follow me". Even when Trump is gone, the sentiment will remain.
[/quote]

Yeah, in the which comes first category, it wasn't the former guy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

It's almost like she doesn't remember the last time we did this, when the US President HAD A FREAKING TEMPER TANTRUM AND WALKED OUT! 'Memba that Boebert?
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:42 am I've always suspected, and I still believe, that, if Trump supporters like Boebert and MJT are defeated in 2022, it will signal the end of Donald Trump's political career. It probably won't be the end of Trumpism, however. I think that Trump was just a figurehead that came along at the right time and ran in front of the right-wing, racist mob and yelled "Follow me". Even when Trump is gone, the sentiment will remain.
Boebert can be beat, I believe. Mostly because she's a turd who isn't representing her constituents interests though, not as a repudiation of Trumpism. In MJT's district, I just don't see how she could be beat. :shrug:
raison de arizona

Shaddup Boebert!

RECLAIMING MY TIME! RECLAIMING MY TIME!

Acting White House Budget Director Shalanda Young deftly deals with a loaded question:
Boebert: How long will you be ceding our southern border to the cartels?
Young: That's not a question with an assumption which I'm going to assume. So we can certainly talk about the reassessment of the border.
Boebert, interrupting: Our time is up, thank you director. Our time has expired, thank you director.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm Shaddup Boebert!

RECLAIMING MY TIME! RECLAIMING MY TIME!

Acting White House Budget Director Shalanda Young deftly deals with a loaded question:
Boebert: How long will you be ceding our southern border to the cartels?
Young: That's not a question with an assumption which I'm going to assume. So we can certainly talk about the reassessment of the border.
Boebert, interrupting: Our time is up, thank you director. Our time has expired, thank you director.
I thought that, while the members of a House committee have time limits, witnesses are allowed to finish their response after the members' time has expired.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”