Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Rooting’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by Foggy »

She's a Republican. If she ever tells the truth about any subject - even by accident - she will get sick and die, or her head will catch fire or sumpin'. :batting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It's probably worth pointing out that by her logic, Boebert should resign. She received exactly ZERO "real" in-person votes.

Seeing as Colorado uses 100% mail-in ballots.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Guess what hashtag is trending #1 on Twitter right now?

Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:19 pm Guess what hashtag is trending #1 on Twitter right now?

That is hilarious, thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Here is her tweet that inspired this gloriousness!
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

covfefe wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:47 pm
► Show Spoiler
Actually you'd be in debt...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

She really is fixated.
Edit: The reality:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I had assumed her place was a bar. It's not. It is a standard small-town restaurant that does not serve alcohol. Given their need to be heavily armed for their biscuits and gravy, I guess it is probably good there is not drinking there.

However, Our Story page is very convincing.
Welcome to Shooters Grill

Shooters Grill is located on the South side of East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle. Gun-themed and old-timey American restaurant serving traditional breakfast, burgers & steaks [so burgers & steaks together because Oxford commas are commies]. Stop by our restaurant and enjoy great food and a VERY safe place to eat it [no high cholesterol, the food goes right through you]. Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, our food and service will make you happy. That is our place: Happy, safe and fun [no oxford comma again]. We’re armed and ready to feed you [hot lead].

What We Make

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. consequat.
The second part was a better.

They sell shirts that say "God, Guns, Trump," I got that Sesame Street song stuck in my head. "One of these things is not like the other..."
101010 :towel:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I was going through the Facebook feed of Rifle, Colorado. BooBoo's need for being armed for safety is such as sack of shit. It is your typical small town where you can fall asleep on the sidewalk and nobody would rob you of anything. While there are the occasional burglaries, assaults, and even homicide (I had 2 in close proximity when I lived up in a county of 14k.. both were domestic), most of it was accidents, especially on I-70, owners missing dogs and cats, and dogs, cats, rabbits, and ducks missing owners.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Apparently, Amtrak Zephyr goes through Rifle. I didn't even notice. The train does not stop there.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ut enim ad minim veniam ...
I love it when you talk dirty to me. :lovestruck:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Follow the link if you dare, she's been busy, I count 97 amendments from her, most of them are her by her lonesome.

A few of my personal favorites:
  • Prohibits funding to support public encampments comprised of homeless individuals on the State or local level.
  • Eliminates funds appropriated in this bill from being used to fund disinformation education programs.
  • Prohibits funds from being used to list the greater sage-grouse as an endangered species.
  • Prohibits funds made available by this Act from being used to implement, administer, or enforce the final rule entitled ‘‘Endangerment and Cause or Contribute Findings for Greenhouse Gases Under Section 202(a) of the Clean Air Act’’ published by the Environmental Protection Agency in the Federal Register on December 15, 2009 (74 Fed. Reg. 66496 et seq.).
  • Prohibits funds for the United States Postal Service to electrify vehicles.
  • Prohibits funds from going to sanctuary cities.
  • Reduces funds to the IRS by $416,897,000.
  • Prohibits bonuses for IRS employees.
Anyway, you get the drift. Not all of them are bad mind you, there is stuff like this sprinkled in as well:
  • Redirects $3 million to suicide prevention and mental health services for veterans from VA admin.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Prohibits funds for the United States Postal Service to electrify vehicles.
Um... how would that work in a Congressional budget? The USPS is self-funded so receives no funds from Congress.

She's a special kind of stupid.

As for her rather exact $416,897,000 IRS reduction, the reason is:
The Committee recommends a total of $29,099,897,000 in new discretionary budget authority for fiscal year 2022, which
includes allocation adjustments of $416,897,000 for tax enforcement
Ths is from the Appropriations committee report.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CRP ... hrpt79.htm
northland10

Post by northland10 »

She has some stuff redirecting funds to deal with the western drought and fires. While I can see a reason for funding those, it seems odd from her. I thought God and Guns fix everything. Why do they need funds. It's just a God-created drought so it's all good. As for the fire, I'm sure Guns and Prayer should fix that.

Some of her VA stuff is actually good, at least in the concept of what is being funded, not where it is being transferred from. Others are downright stupid.
raison de arizona

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I never thought there would ever be any definable group of people more cruel, base, and obstructionist than the Tea Party, but the Magats surpass the Tea Party on all counts by at least an order of magnitude.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

My Latin is very rusty. So, I let Google do it for me. Totally much betterer.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. Over the years, I will come, who will nostrud aliquip out of her the advantage of exercise, so that stimulus efforts if the school district and longevity. Want to be a pain in the cupidatat cillum has been criticized in the Duis et dolore magna flee produces no resultant pleasure. Excepteur cupidatat blacks are not excepteur, is soothing to the soul, that is, they deserted the general chapter be at fault that services should be laborum.Lorem Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. Over the years, I will come, who will nostrud aliquip out of her the advantage of exercise, so that stimulus efforts if the school district and longevity. Want to be a pain in the cupidatat cillum has been criticized in the Duis et dolore magna flee produces no resultant pleasure. products.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:10 am I never thought there would ever be any definable group of people more cruel, base, and obstructionist than the Tea Party, but the Magats surpass the Tea Party on all counts by at least an order of magnitude.
Ehhhh...Trumpites are just the natural de-evolution of the Tea Baggers....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Boebert wins round one. This case is one where Boebert has blocked someone from her Twitter. The judge seems have basically said that Boebert really isn't a state actor and the account isn't run by the government.
Representative Boebert, or any member of Congress, has almost no
power to act on behalf of the United States government. Her authorized
powers, and those of her colleagues, are important, but few. She can participate in the election of the Speaker of the House and other House Officers. U.S. Const. art. I, § 2, cl. 5. She can propose bills (including the
exclusive power, along with her fellow Representatives, to initiate revenue bills) and vote on bills. See id. art. I, § 7, cl. 7. She can vote on articles of impeachment of the President and other civil officers. Id. art. II,
§ 4. And she can vote for the President if a majority of the electoral college fails to elect a candidate. Id. amend. XII. Those are profound powers, and ultimately Congress as a whole is in control of the ship of state.
But its individual members, unlike executive branch officials, generally
do not have authority to act on behalf of the state.
Bri Buentello v. Lauren Boebert
Brianna Buentello v. Lauren Boebert Order - ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION

Bonus bosom buds:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Childish much?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

The problem with the QOP is that Biden can literally do what they ask, and they will attack that. They will attack anything Democrats do, it doesn't matter if it is what they wanted anyway or not.
► Show Spoiler
Also, on a semi-related note, I am _so_ happy I didn't end up in this nut job's district. It was close.

This would be a lot funnier if there weren't at least seven confirmed deaths of Afghanis attempting to hang onto the planes.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”