Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by northland10 »

Oh goody, Friday smackdown is early. I can take Thursday and Friday off of work because Wednesday is the new Friday.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Northland, thought the same thing! :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That, boys and girls, is what we used to call in the 'hood, a pimp slapping.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Footnote 3. Ouch. :yikes:
3 Plaintiffs’ counsel and their counsel have suggested that this Court’s handling of
these proceedings and any resultant decision can be expected based on the
President who appointed the undersigned. This is part of a continuing narrative
fostered by Plaintiffs’ counsel to undermine the institutions that uphold our
democracy. It represents the same bad faith that is at the base of this litigation. To
be clear, all federal judges, regardless of which President appoints them, take oaths
affirming that they will “faithfully and impartially discharge” their duties, 28
U.S.C. § 453, and uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States, 5
U.S.C. § 3331.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So noted, "calling a Federal Judge in a case you are litigating in front of that Federal Judge, a partisan hack, is not the best legal strategy.

I'll remember that if I ever end up in front of one.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
realist

Post by realist »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:16 pm Ed Hale sez….

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 32
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 pm So noted, "calling a Federal Judge in a case you are litigating in front of that Federal Judge, a partisan hack, is not the best legal strategy.

I'll remember that if I ever end up in front of one.
Klayman has not figured that one out after years of trying. Granted he goes as far as saying Trump appointees are partisan hacks who hate him because he is a straight white Jewish Christian male. In his world, even Rao is probably a partisan hack for the left.
filly

Post by filly »

Often lost in these stories is that there were other lawyers involved with this as well. One of the local lawyers (who of course facilitated the filings) said this yesterday:
One of the sanction lawyers responded Wednesday evening. Hagerstrom said Parker's mind was made up from the start of the July 12 hearing she held with the lawyers and that her decision will have a "chilling effect" on other attorneys.

Parker's courtroom was the proper venue to work through any evidence of election fraud, he said.

"This is all political," Hagerstrom said. "This is all about sticking it to Donald Trump and Republicans. Perhaps, she's looking for a spot on the 6th Circuit (Court of Appeals).

"...They could have added legitimacy to the election by having hearings, having discovery."
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 162355002/

This will help with the disciplinary proceedings against him with the Michigan Bar. It will not help him with any appeals, and in fact demonstrates the point that Judge Parker made in her order.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Apparently, these lawyers have never considered the phrase "lawyer up and shut up."
filly

Post by filly »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:55 am Apparently, these lawyers have never considered the phrase "lawyer up and shut up."
That dope is listed as a "lawyer/political consultant" in various places so I am guessing he doesn't give a shit about getting disbarred. This was never, of course, about the law. At least these maroons were smart enough not to file any Affidavits after the sanctions hearing, as Judge Parker noted.

Bonus: Hagerstrom is a graduate of the Thomas Cooley School of Law, Michael Cohen's alma matter.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Speaking of Sidney Powell: Her "Defending the Republic" group released a glossy 50-minute video yesterday about Jan. 6 defendant and Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin (HT
@sfoguj
)
filly

Post by filly »

Not discussed that I've seen: will the various Bars that Judge Parker is forwarding this to do anything? I doubt the State Bar of Texas will lay a finger on Squidney (they are letting Ken Paxon roam free). Will the Georgia Bar use this in conjunction with Wood's refusal to take a mental health exam to actually do something? Maybe the Michigan Bar will take some action, but I have no idea. Ditto for North Carolina, etc.
realist

Post by realist »

filly wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 am Not discussed that I've seen: will the various Bars that Judge Parker is forwarding this to do anything? I doubt the State Bar of Texas will lay a finger on Squidney (they are letting Ken Paxon roam free). Will the Georgia Bar use this in conjunction with Wood's refusal to take a mental health exam to actually do something? Maybe the Michigan Bar will take some action, but I have no idea. Ditto for North Carolina, etc.
:yeahthat:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

One of the sanction lawyers responded Wednesday evening. Hagerstrom said Parker's mind was made up from the start of the July 12 hearing she held with the lawyers and that her decision will have a "chilling effect" on other attorneys.

Isn't that the whole point, to cause other attorneys to think twice or three times before they file BS like this?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

noblepa wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 pm

Isn't that the whole point, to cause other attorneys to think twice or three times before they file BS like this?
Yeah, I was just going to say… it’ll have a chilling effect on the filing of frivolous lawsuits, but not the filing of non-frivolous ones.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-31/ ... /100419234

Four Corners travelled to Dallas to meet Sidney Powell. Despite being personally sued for billions of dollars, she continued to argue the election was stolen and the voting technology companies were involved.

Watch the video - she is :crazy:
Dave from down under

longer video later in the story
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks, Dave, that was a hilarious interview. Loved when she walked off and came back for more. That interviewer wasn't fooling around, was she the interviewer who skewered Sarah Huckabee? That was also a classic. The Squid not willing to admit Smartmatic was only in LA County is wild.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:06 am Thanks, Dave, that was a hilarious interview. Loved when she walked off and came back for more. That interviewer wasn't fooling around, was she the interviewer who skewered Sarah Huckabee? That was also a classic. The Squid not willing to admit Smartmatic was only in LA County is wild.

Leigh Sales on the ABC "7.30 report" interviewed Donald Trump’s former press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders aired 16/9/2020
https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/former-whit ... e/12671298

Sarah Ferguson of "4 Corners" was the interviewer of former Trump lawyer Sidney Powell.
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol: Thanks, Dave! Seeing that again was a treat.
Dave from down under

No worries!

I think that we still have a coalition politician whose only purpose of being in Federal parliament appears to be to try to find left bias in auntie (the ABC).. so far he has failed.. probably because the ABC retains a lot of journalists and editors with integrity - even when the board is under political pressure.
They aren't perfect but they are usually right and impartial.
Dave from down under

This is what Leigh Sales had to say on twitter about Johnathan Swan's 4 August 2020 interview with Donald Trump:

Leigh Sales
@leighsales
Also I wish @axios had a camera on Trump’s press sec in the background whose elbow you could see for a bit of it - guaranteed her facial expressions and stony glares at @jonathanvswan would have been worth the price of admission.
Leigh Sales
@leighsales
This is just an absolute cracker of an interview - easily the best I’ve seen with Trump. ⁦@jonathanvswan⁩ has nailed the tone, the questions, the calling out of BS. It’s great journalism but it’s also massively entertaining.
Luke

Post by Luke »

KRAKEN ALERT! 🐙 The Squid pays $1.2M CASH for a new office outside the District! 💰 Gosh, whose money paid for it? Maybe she's been selling tons of her books. 8-)

Trump 'Kraken' lawyer Sidney Powell lands in Washington
The embattled attorney has purchased office space just outside the district.
By JOSH GERSTEIN 08/31/2021 04:30 AM EDT

Sidney Powell, the embattled lawyer who launched a flurry of unsuccessful lawsuits last fall advancing President Donald Trump’s election fraud claims, has established a beachhead in the Washington area by purchasing a century-old building in Alexandria’s historic Old Town neighborhood — in a cash deal. In April, a Texas-based limited-liability corporation paid $1.2 million to purchase a former antique shop on North Washington Street, land records show. The sellers said their real estate broker told them that Powell was the buyer and that she planned to use the building, on a commercial block, as a law office occupied by 6 or 7 staff. “It’s sort of been a source of amusement for us more than anything,” said Lois Boyles, who ran Studio Antiques and Fine Arts out of the location with husband Richard Totoiu for 28 years, before closing the store in 2019. “Our lovely Realtor initially told us there is a law firm that’s really interested in your building and wants to pay cash and wants to close in two weeks. … A day or two later, they said, ‘Oh, by the way, it’s Sidney Powell,’” Boyles said. The purchase came about three months after Powell was hit with a defamation suit by the American division of Dominion Voting Systems, which has accused her of promoting baseless conspiracy theories about the company, including that it helped throw last year’s election to President Joe Biden.

And it comes as Powell faces a slew of complaints seeking her disbarment or other professional discipline for the series of suits she filed last fall challenging the election results in battleground states. Just last week, a federal judge in Detroit ordered Powell and other pro-Trump lawyers to pay the attorneys’ fees the State of Michigan and the City of Detroit incurred in an election-related suit and to take a course on election law. Powell and her allies were also referred to state bar authorities for possible further action. Boyles said the real estate transaction seemed routine to them, but she and Totoiu were a bit apprehensive that Powell’s legal woes might scuttle the sale. “There is nothing scurrilous about it. We just had our fingers crossed that the money would be in our account before the suit from Dominion came through,” she said. “From our end, it seems above board.”

Lawyers for Powell moved to dismiss the suit against her, but earlier this month a federal judge in Washington refused to toss out the case and parallel suits against Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and My Pillow founder Mike Lindell. Powell’s attorneys have said she did not defame the company and that many of her claims were supported by sworn affidavits she had no reason to doubt. In the aftermath of the 2020 election, Powell became one of the most outspoken leaders of a troupe of lawyers that filed dozens of suits seeking to contest Biden’s win, force recounts or get state legislators to declare Trump the winner. Powell, who memorably vowed to “release the Kraken” as she mounted a campaign to expose massive wrongdoing in the election, was briefly identified as an official member of Trump’s legal team and attended a Nov. 19, 2020, press conference at Republican National Committee headquarters along with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. At that marathon event, Powell repeatedly claimed that an “algorithm” had been used to underweight Trump votes and overweight those for Biden, but that an overwhelming number of Trump votes “broke” the formula and required another round of tampering by Trump opponents. “We are not going to back down. We are going to clean this mess up now,” Powell said. “President Trump won by a landslide. We are going to prove it, and we are going to reclaim the United States of America for the people who vote for freedom.” Three days later, Giuliani declared Powell was no longer part of the president’s team, although she continued to attend Oval Office meetings and Trump repeatedly considered naming Powell as a special counsel to investigate alleged election irregularities.

Boyles said she and her husband “don’t stand on the same side of the political fence” as Powell, which has led to some ribbing from people in their circles. “Our friends and family, when we told them who we sold the building to, there was a short pause and ‘Oh ...’ and then they said they were just kidding,” Boyles said. Powell did not respond to email and phone messages seeking comment for this story. One close associate of Powell, attorney Jesse Binnall*, already works from an Alexandria office, located on King Street five blocks south of Powell’s new digs. Binnall was co-counsel with Powell on the criminal defense of former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and handled some election-related litigation for the Trump campaign. Binnall now represents Powell’s political group Defending the Republic in the defamation suit from Dominion, and former President Donald Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. in suits stemming from the Capitol riot. On Monday, the brick building Powell purchased appeared to be undergoing some renovation work, with a painter’s ladder visible through one of the doors. There’s no sign posted indicating any tie to Powell or her organizations. Three rocking chairs positioned behind the beige-painted columns on the front porch convey more of a homey feel than that of a law office. “Historic charm is evident in the details of crown and chair rail moldings, original fireplace, beautiful woodwork, and newly refinished original hardwood floors,” according to the listing for the property, built in 1910 as a single-family home and later converted to offices. One evident addition since the property was transferred in April: security cameras that were not visible in photos of the building posted on real estate sites when the location was on the market.

Powell’s new D.C.-area outpost is nestled between a hair salon and another small-scale office building. She is now the next-door neighbor of sorts to longtime GOP media strategist and former Justice Department spokesperson Mark Corallo, whose firm has been located on the same block since 2005. “It’s news to me,” Corallo said when a POLITICO reporter informed him of the development. Alexandria land records show that in April, a firm called 524 Old Towne LLC paid $1.2 million to purchase the former antique shop. City records tie the firm to a UPS Store in West Palm Beach, Fla., that has also been used by Powell’s Defending the Republic group. Virginia corporate records show the firm registered to the same Dallas address Powell uses on her court filings — an address that corresponds to a coworking space. Texas corporate records show 524 Old Towne LLC was set up about a week before the sale closed in April. Totoiu said he and Boyles did get some of Powell’s financial information to make sure the offer was legitimate, but never encountered Powell face-to-face during the negotiations. “Everything was on paper. We never actually met her,” he said. Powell was working from the building within a few weeks after the sale closed, Boyles said. “She did have her office set up,” the former owner said.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/3 ... ton-507879

* The biggest fukin loser, liar & grifter who takes masochistic pleasure in getting smacked down.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”