Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Uninformed

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by Uninformed »

If the case goes to trial and Squidney is still represented by Kleinhandler claiming that her statements were “statements were accurate” can he be sanctioned for previously claiming no reasonable person would believe her?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Billy Barry is the little person in the video. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Barty

He founded the Little People of America organization in 1957.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

Post by bob »

"Actual malice" doesn't mean malicious (or bad) intent. It is a term of art, more referring to knowing something is false.

Uninformed wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:11 am If the case goes to trial and Squidney is still represented by Kleinhandler claiming that her statements were “statements were accurate” can he be sanctioned for previously claiming no reasonable person would believe her?
As always, "it depends."

Changing your legal theory of the case isn't sanctionable. There are good faith (and bad faith) reasons for doing so.

What you can't change, however, is your evidence. You can't disclose your evidence that supports your original theory and then at trial say, "J/K! And here's a bunch of evidence you never saw before."

So you could try to argue the same evidence different ways. But that's tricky and risky. And failing to timely disclose your evidence could lead to sanctions, like the court excluding your new evidence.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Did somebody "get to her"? :lol: The Squid has been saying nothing about her lawsuits, nothing about Dominion, no comment on Judge Nichol's denial of the MTD... all she's doing on Telegram is forwarding stories about the COVID vaccine and other nonsense. Although The Squid did pass along the burning issue of... Florida voting. :roll:

⚡ 🇺🇸 Sidney Powell 🇺🇸 🗽, [12.08.21 23:25]
[Forwarded from Caroline]
During a recent canvas of Florida's 14 largest counties, it was discovered that over 700,000 people were on voter rolls who did not vote in the past eight years and 61% of canvassed voters no longer lived at their current registration address.

Why is Florida's Secretary of State, Laurel Lee, opposed to an audit?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... may-worse/

Pretty much the only Squid-tastic unique idea was:
⚡ 🇺🇸 Sidney Powell 🇺🇸 🗽, [11.08.21 12:51]
#WalkOutWednesday NOON TODAY.
WALK OUT OF work, stores, wherever you are, turn off your TV, to protest the mandates!! WalkOutWednesday.net
And based on Twitter comments, it was as successful as the Cyber Symposium.
Gene Dimitrieff @EugeneDimitrief Aug 11
#WalkOutWednesday failed
@ConeyIslandHosp. The reason is unknown. Probably it is because people didn’t know anything about it as, most probably, main media didn’t cover this event. Wonder if anyone knew about #WalkOutWednesday in #NYC. To keep voices silent, lack of info is key

I call upon my supporter to DEMAND that The Squid give long interview to triple down on her righteous claims!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:58 am Billy Barry is the little person in the video. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Barty

He founded the Little People of America organization in 1957.
Billy BARTY.

Yeah, i remember now. Thanks.

He was great.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cursed autocorrect!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:51 pm Cursed autocorrect!
The real Barry ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer

Yes!!!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Fun time to look back on our pal Mackenzie Bettle's story about Squidney and how, as expected, his ridiculous story was absolutely torn apart. His story is on page 3 of this topic.

At the moment, Mac is busy:

Mackenzie Alan Bettle @realmackenzieB 11h
Today, one of my best friends has to dress up in full drag and sit in a corkys for 24 hours bc he came in last place in our .@NFL fantasy league.

Every pancake he eats is one hour off the time line.

So The Squid will have to wait.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

A spaghetti-strap dress is not "full drag." Hell, that's not even half-drag. :fingerwag:
Image ImageImage
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Tuesday, August 17, 2021
46 Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File Answer to September 24, 2021 by DEFENDING THE REPUBLIC, INC., SIDNEY POWELL, SIDNEY POWELL, P.C..(Joseph, Lawrence)”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
somerset

Post by somerset »

Delaying the inevitable, but....

I thought the statute of limitations on defamation is pretty short. Is it possible for Squidney, Roodles, et. al., to "run out the clock" by never being ready for trial, then have the suit dismissed once the statute of limitations times out?
much ado

Post by much ado »

somerset wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:56 pm Delaying the inevitable, but....

I thought the statute of limitations on defamation is pretty short. Is it possible for Squidney, Roodles, et. al., to "run out the clock" by never being ready for trial, then have the suit dismissed once the statute of limitations times out?
IANAL, but I don’t think it could possibly work that way, else much legal defense would focus on running out the clock.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I think the statute of limitations refers to when the case is actually filed, not when it's settled.

See current Bob Dylan case.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

IANAL, but I'm pretty sure that the Statute of Limitations sets a time limit on when the lawsuit can be filed, not that the suit must be completed in that time.

Otherwise, you would have a situation in which a judge might say "I was going to rule in favor of the plaintiff and award him a bazillion dollars in damages, but, sorry, time's up". I don't think that is how it works.
somerset

Post by somerset »

noblepa wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:12 pm

IANAL, but I'm pretty sure that the Statute of Limitations sets a time limit on when the lawsuit can be filed, not that the suit must be completed in that time.

Otherwise, you would have a situation in which a judge might say "I was going to rule in favor of the plaintiff and award him a bazillion dollars in damages, but, sorry, time's up". I don't think that is how it works.
I know I was involved in a civil suit (breach of contract) that "timed out" before going to trial, and was ultimately dismissed by the court at the five year point. It never went to trial because our opponent's attorneys weren't willing to try the case until he adequately funded his client account. The trial date kept getting pushed back while he tried to convince his attorneys they should be confident in their ability to win the case and collect their fees from our side instead of getting paid upfront by him. The senior partners in the law firm didn't quite agree with that strategy, and ultimately the judge threw out the case after we BK'd the company and the judge refused to admit a new party at the 11th hour.

So I know it's possible, I just don't know if those circumstances apply in this case.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

somerset wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:36 pm :snippity:

I know I was involved in a civil suit (breach of contract) that "timed out" before going to trial, and was ultimately dismissed by the court at the five year point. It never went to trial because our opponent's attorneys weren't willing to try the case until he adequately funded his client account. The trial date kept getting pushed back while he tried to convince his attorneys they should be confident in their ability to win the case and collect their fees from our side instead of getting paid upfront by him. The senior partners in the law firm didn't quite agree with that strategy, and ultimately the judge threw out the case after we BK'd the company and the judge refused to admit a new party at the 11th hour.

So I know it's possible, I just don't know if those circumstances apply in this case.
That sounds more like failure to prosecute, a KKKlayman specialty.
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:36 pmI know I was involved in a civil suit (breach of contract) that "timed out" before going to trial, and was ultimately dismissed by the court at the five year point.
You are correct some jurisdictions do have limits on how long a case may linger on a court's docket. But many do not have such limits.

And while those limits are meant to incentivize judges, it also is true that some defendants attempt to game this rule to force a dismissal.
Image ImageImage
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I will, reluctantly, give Squidney credit for one thing she has accomplished, the thing Orbly lusted after for years, DISCOVERY. Beyond that, MEH. If the civil award doesn't bankrupt her the Discovery costs should do her and her law firm a LOT of damage. There is no winning with that.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:09 am
SuzieC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:59 pm I just googled Judge Linda V. Parker and learned that she is a Black woman. It is fitting that a black woman should be the Kraken's nemesis, as black women stormed to the polls to vote against Trump in overwhelming numbers.
:yeahthat:
Linda put the beat down on the Krakens.

edit: 1st paragraph of 110 page order:
This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process.
It is one thing to take on the charge of vindicating rights associated with an
allegedly fraudulent election. It is another to take on the charge of deceiving a
federal court and the American people into believing that rights were infringed,
without regard to whether any laws or rights were in fact violated. This is what
happened here.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

The sanction order is out.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 72.0_3.pdf

Ninja’d by Dan!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Luke

Post by Luke »

Mikey's gonna cover it tonight on Twitch :dance:

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:04 pm The sanction order is out.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 72.0_3.pdf

Ninja’d by Dan!
Preparing to dive in right now! :guntootin:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Read it with cackles of glee. Overwhelming, blistering beat down.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Ed Hale sez….

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”