Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by Luke »

With such raves here, had to let Mackensie know how much The Fogbow enjoyed it. His poor little tweet about the story only had two likes so gave him a sympathy like. 8-)

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Law & Crime -

Michigan AG Says Sidney Powell’s Claim that ‘No Reasonable Person’ Would Believe Her Kraken Theories Is Exactly Why She Should Be Sanctioned
Defending herself from more than $1 billion in liabilities from Dominion Voting Machines, lawyer Sidney Powell argued late last month that that “no reasonable person” would believe that her conspiracy theories were factual. Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) cited that concession to argue that the pro-Trump lawyer’s meritless litigation is sanctionable.

“These attorneys seemingly made statements they knew were misleading in an effort to further their false and destructive narrative,” Nessel wrote in a statement on Wednesday. “As lawyers, fidelity to the law is paramount. These individuals worked to further conspiracy theories in an effort to erode public trust in government and dismantle our systems of democracy. Their actions are inexcusable.”

On Tuesday, the attorney general filed a supplemental briefing on behalf of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (D), drawing a federal judge’s attention to Powell’s latest defense against the more than $1 billion in liabilities that she faces from Dominion Voting System’s defamation lawsuit.

:snippity:

However helpful Powell may believe that argument to be in guarding against Dominion’s defamation claims, Whitmer, Benson and Nessel find that it undermines her position in persuading a federal judge that she should not be sanctioned with attorney fees.
The brief can be found at the link above. (I don't know how to link directly to that brief.)
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:57 pm
The brief can be found at the link above. (I don't know how to link directly to that brief.)
https://assets.documentcloud.org/docum ... f-4721.pdf
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 pm With such raves here, had to let Mackensie know how much The Fogbow enjoyed it. His poor little tweet about the story only had two likes so gave him a sympathy like. 8-)

You're deliciously vicious. Thank you!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

MINUTE ORDER. Upon review of Plaintiffs'38 Unopposed Motion for Extension of Time, it is hereby ORDERED that the Motion is GRANTED. Plaintiffs shall file their Response to Defendants'22 Motion to Dismiss by May 3, 2021. Defendants may file their Reply by May 24, 2021. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on April 15, 2021. (lccjn2)
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Today is the birthday of my evil twin sister.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:21 am Today is the birthday of my evil twin sister.
I thought twins (even maternal) were supposed to be joined at the hip? :shrug:
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

neonzx wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am
Atticus Finch wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:21 am Today is the birthday of my evil twin sister.
same mom different dad. After conception, her dad was last seen driving on Route 666 to hell.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:52 am
neonzx wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am
same mom different dad. After conception, her dad was last seen driving on Route 666 to hell.
Wait. Your parents are cats?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's allegedly Squidney's birfday! Though we need to see Absolute Proof first :lol:

UPDATE: Mac is right on the pulse of things, this tweet was from April 4 but he just responded and retweeted it. Don't know if he visited Fogbow, but if he did, come on and post, Mac!

Mackenzie Alan Bettle @realmackenzieB 1h
Replying to @realmackenzieB @Orly_licious and @tracybeanz
‘Real lawyers’ Face with tears of joy y’all are good.

Mackenzie Alan Bettle Retweeted your reply
Mackenzie, thanks! This was an absolutely hilarious story about Dominion v. #Squidney Sidney Powell & the #Kraken! Beautiful. Real lawyers at The Fogbow couldn't stop laughing, check it out at https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9978#p9978. Please keep writing about #SidneyPowell. Here are some raves: https://pic.twitter.com/UTPqsxfMXO

Mackenzie Alan Bettle @realmackenzieB 1h
Replying to @Orly_licious and @tracybeanz
Holy moly thanks for sending this to me this is funny Face with tears of joy Face with tears of joy

Mac.JPG
Mac.JPG (72.54 KiB) Viewed 4304 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:biggun:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Gregg wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:41 pm You forgot to warn him we're protected by a Regiment of Wiener Dogs with attach helicopters.

:biggun:
Attached with:
Duct Tape
or
Super Glue?
:shrug:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Dominion filed a big 56 page reply to Squidney: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 39.0_1.pdf

toc.JPG
toc.JPG (96.82 KiB) Viewed 4056 times

Mac has continued to be an idiot. He's nipping at Dunford's heels desperate for attention. He had COVID twice in 2020, maybe that damaged him. There's a lot of laughing at him (even @devincow) and he's gotten defensive and sloppy. No likes on any of his attempted snarky tweets; he even lost a follower. :lol: There have literally been hundreds of tweets mocking him and his silly "challenge" to debate using his young female "moderator" who is pissed off she can't "permanently modify [her] body on a whim" because of "the flu". As Realist might say, These kids today :P

Mac COVID.JPG
Mac COVID.JPG (47.47 KiB) Viewed 4043 times

Dunford's been a good sport but Mac can't even follow basic rules or learn what he's challenging others to debate about:

:lol:

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Mackenzie Alan Bettle@realmackenzieB
·
May 3, 2021
Damn. You just opened a can of whoop ass you probably wish you did not open at this point.
orlylicious, you get yourself in all sorts of trouble. :lol:
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol: Neon, they make it too easy!

And BOOM. From my perspective, Dominion destroys Squidney's MTD. :explode:

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Finally getting around to reading Dominion's brief. My god, Sidney's lawyers must be losing their minds over the April 3 statements to D'Souza. "I firmly believe everything I said was true," is pretty unambiguous. And this after her attorneys filed a motion to dismiss claiming no reasonable person would believe what she was saying. As an attorney who has also had the experience of carefully designing, engineering, and constructing the complex latticework of a legal argument only to see the client set fire to the whole edifice at the first opportunity, I sympathize.

Dominion's lawyers, I am sure, do not mind Powell handing them a compelling argument down the line for punitive damages. Not that it matters, because there's no way Sidney has enough assets to make a meaningful dent in the actual damages Dominion should get from this.

Also, question: I don't do civil litigation (though sometimes I wish I could), but I am wondering if a corporate plaintiff's firm like Susman Godfrey LLP (Dominion's lawyers) still operates on a contingency basis or if they are paid on a billable hour basis like most other firms doing corporate work. While contingency has it's definite upsides - just imagine 30% of the $1.1 billion settlement that Stephen Susman famously got for Texas Instruments - in this case, you have to wonder how much they can even get out of Powell, especially if she's willing to bankrupt herself paying lawyers to make frivolous arguments in her defense. So I'm assuming they are billing hourly, but I'm just curious if anyone knows.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am Finally getting around to reading Dominion's brief. My god, Sidney's lawyers must be losing their minds over the April 3 statements to D'Souza. "I firmly believe everything I said was true," is pretty unambiguous. And this after her attorneys filed a motion to dismiss claiming no reasonable person would believe what she was saying. As an attorney who has also had the experience of carefully designing, engineering, and constructing the complex latticework of a legal argument only to see the client set fire to the whole edifice at the first opportunity, I sympathize.

Dominion's lawyers, I am sure, do not mind Powell handing them a compelling argument down the line for punitive damages. Not that it matters, because there's no way Sidney has enough assets to make a meaningful dent in the actual damages Dominion should get from this.

Also, question: I don't do civil litigation (though sometimes I wish I could), but I am wondering if a corporate plaintiff's firm like Susman Godfrey LLP (Dominion's lawyers) still operates on a contingency basis or if they are paid on a billable hour basis like most other firms doing corporate work. While contingency has it's definite upsides - just imagine 30% of the $1.1 billion settlement that Stephen Susman famously got for Texas Instruments - in this case, you have to wonder how much they can even get out of Powell, especially if she's willing to bankrupt herself paying lawyers to make frivolous arguments in her defense. So I'm assuming they are billing hourly, but I'm just curious if anyone knows.
Both possibly, with reduced blended hourly rate to cover the firm's "actual" costs of partners, associates, etc. and a reduced contingency percentage for win.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am Finally getting around to reading Dominion's brief. My god, Sidney's lawyers must be losing their minds over the April 3 statements to D'Souza. "I firmly believe everything I said was true," is pretty unambiguous. And this after her attorneys filed a motion to dismiss claiming no reasonable person would believe what she was saying. As an attorney who has also had the experience of carefully designing, engineering, and constructing the complex latticework of a legal argument only to see the client set fire to the whole edifice at the first opportunity, I sympathize.

IANAL, but is it necessary for Dominion to prove that anyone actually believed Squidney's ravings, or do they simply need to prove that she made the statements and that she averred that they were factual?

Its possible that both Dominion and her lawyers are right, that she made the statements as factual and that no rational person would believe them.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

If no one could believe they were true (e.g., they were an obvious parody), then the claimed defamation would not be actionable. Hustler Magazine v. Falwell. (Google it.)

But if it wasn't parody, or if people could believe it (and boy did they!), it's actionable.

It's actionable.
bob

Post by bob »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 pmBut if it wasn't parody, or if people could believe it (and boy did they!), it's actionable.
Too also: Larry Flynt never said (especially after being sued!), "I firmly believe everything I said was true."
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

The Dineshter strikes again :lol: As previously posted:
Here's the link to it, Dinesh put it in four parts: https://rumble.com/search/video?q=sidne ... l%20dinesh

PART 1: Sidney Powell is NOT Backing Down
PART 2: Sidney Powell Gives Her Side of the Story
PART 3: Why Wasn’t Sidney Powell’s Evidence Examined? This Will INFURIATE You
PART 4: Sidney Powell Discusses What’s ACTUALLY Happening in America
Doing this interview really should qualify for a Stupid of the Year award. Obviously Dominion was going to bring it up, and as Stern notes Squidney's lies are actionable. And that was before she doubled down.

Dinesh.JPG
Dinesh.JPG (126.98 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

Dinesh 2.JPG
Dinesh 2.JPG (55.73 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I'm waiting for Squidney to be interviewed and say that not only were and are all of her claims true, but that she only said in the court filings that they were not true because her lawyers made her say that. Just wait, it's coming.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If she really had evidence and was made because people would not look at it, you'd think now might be a good time to release it. Yet, all we have is her zidbits of zaniness.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:11 am Did I read somewhere that in actual real facts, the machines in question were only used in a few jurisdictions and not in most of the "all you need is 6 cities" cities?
IIRC, that's Smartmatic, which was only used in Los Angeles (where the outcome of the vote is not in question). Dominion was in a lot of places.
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”