Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sunrise

Re: Squidney Sidney Powell

Post by Sunrise »

chancery wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:01 pm From the annals of chutzpah, one of Sidney Powell’s arguments for transferring the Dominion federal court defamation lawsuit from D.C. to Texas:
Finally, public factors weigh in favor of transferring this litigation to Texas. This District has experienced immense overcrowding of its docket in light of the January 6, 2021 events at the Capitol and post-presidency lawsuits. It is public knowledge that this docket is backlogged, congested, and overwhelmed.
Hat tip to longtime fogbow member Mike Dunford @questauthority, who pointed out this gem during his Twitch stream last night, using an Aristocrats! definition of "chutzpah." I am pleased to see that Mike has rejoined the TFB 2.0, although he hasn't posted yet.
What is the Aristocrats! definition of chutzpah? The classic one, to me, is the man who murders his mother and father and then throws himself on the mercy of the court because he’s an orphan.
chancery
Verified:

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by chancery »

Thank you for asking. ;)

The parricide orphan is indeed the definition I've most often heard lawyers use. Mike mentioned it in passing, but concluded it wasn't adequate to this occasion.

Mike instead preferred:
► Show Spoiler
Aristocrats!
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

chancery wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 pm Thank you for asking. ;)

The parricide orphan is indeed the definition I've most often heard lawyers use. Mike mentioned it in passing, but concluded it wasn't adequate to this occasion.

Mike instead preferred:
► Show Spoiler
Aristocrats!

Unique and absolutely perfect! :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey hey hey! Mark your calendars!! Sounds like THIS IS IT!
Patrick M. Byrne, [27.03.21 20:22]
Do I understand that Sidney Powell, Esquire made a revealing statement in a podcast yesterday or today? See this post ➡️

Patrick M. Byrne, [27.03.21 20:55]
[Forwarded from Patrick M. Byrne]
Sidney Powell said, "In the next two weeks the fraud will be apparent to everyone!"

Interview - Sidney Powell Responds to The Fake News About $1.3 Billion Dominion Lawsuit: “The #FakeNews is lying to everyone about our filing in the Dominion case. My position has not changed. We will be taking them to the mat”. "We are not quitting on our litigation. Every institution has failed us. It’s a sad day in America. In the next two weeks the fraud will be apparent to everyone!" - @SidneyPowell

▶️ ◀️

Patrick M. Byrne, [27.03.21 22:47]
I second what Sidney revealed in that interview. Within two weeks your faith will be vindicated. I know the evidence to which she is referring, and it will be spoken about for a long, long time.

In other words, I vouch.

Patrick M. Byrne, [27.03.21 22:53]
May I make a small request of this community? There is some big stuff coming down the pike and I want to make this my main channel 4 informing the world. We are at 95,000 members. I would feel better if we were at 100,000. May I respectfully request that a few of you invite your friends and get us over that hundred thousand mark? I promise, in a matter of two weeks you will look prescient to your friends.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I hate being taken to the mat by a slimy squid. Gross. :eek:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Did Squidney get permission from the DFO to use his “in two weeks” catchphrase?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Every day it gets harder to believe that there are not drugs involved in this.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

There are: power and money. They are addictive.

And they rot your brain.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:23 pm Every day it gets harder to believe that there are not drugs involved in this.
I don't know, I've used all kinds of stuff under the sun, and nothing made me this crazy...

Sure, there was the time with microdot Uncle Cid that I thought there were imps running around with scissors, that I could only see out the corner of my eye, that we're trying cut my hair, I kept pointing my 1911A at them. Yes, I did shoot up a flea bag motel room in that episode [3 shots, the third hit the TV tube and snapped me back to reality for a few], but I didn't go on news programs to crow about it...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
filly

Post by filly »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:23 pm Every day it gets harder to believe that there are not drugs involved in this.
I don't know, I've used all kinds of stuff under the sun, and nothing made me this crazy...

Sure, there was the time with microdot Uncle Cid that I thought there were imps running around with scissors, that I could only see out the corner of my eye, that we're trying cut my hair, I kept pointing my 1911A at them. Yes, I did shoot up a flea bag motel room in that episode [3 shots, the third hit the TV tube and snapped me back to reality for a few], but I didn't go on news programs to crow about it...
Rambling Jack Elliot, to Arlo Guthrie : Here Arlo, take this

Arlo : What is it?

Jack : Don't worry, it'll wear off

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

DAMMIT! Marked the date in my calendar in INK!

Patrick M. Byrne, [29.03.21 19:21]
Hi. Just to keep everyone updated.... I am going to change my prediction from 2 weeks to 6-8 weeks. Maybe earlier. All the smoke will lift and the truth will be obvious and undeniable. I promise, we have the royal straight flush. It is just going to take that long to play out. You may see things dribble out before then, but it is going to take 6-8 weeks for this hand of bridge to play out. But we GOT these sumbitches. I promise.

And of course! It involves Maria Butina, how could we have missed that. :smoking:
Patrick M. Byrne, [28.03.21 22:20]
Hey folks, it may seem really far a field… But someday soon you are going to be able to see how all these different pieces fit together. If you want to be able to do that, then you were going to need to understand how the Maria Butina affair ties into this.

The largest podcast in existence is called, “wondery”. They have started a six episode explanation and exploration of the Maria Butina affair. I figure as a minor character (or not so minor character) in the first three, but I’m pretty confident that in the last three episodes that is going to change. And I know there are some bombshells in there, Bombshells that when you hear, Will start making a lot of things much clearer. So I suggest that those of you who are really into this, you should take the time to listen to the wondery podcast.

https://wondery.com/shows/spy-affair/

Patrick M. Byrne, [30.03.21 13:42]
Hey guys, if you’re not listening to the Wondery Podcast "Spy Affair" about Maria Butina, you are missing some information that will become key later for understanding where we are now.

The Intro, Chapters 1 and 2 are available now for FREE. You don't have to pay unless you want to listen ahead of the free releases.

You can listen directly from the website: https://wondery.com/shows/spy-affair/

or from the app: https://wondery.app.link/y4ZghApm3eb

or here: https://castbox.fm/channel/Spy-Affair-id3930262
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

So are they on the secret plan B or are we back to A. I keep losing track.

Oh wait, that was Gallups. Byrne dude sounded just like Gallups breathless announcements about the next big thing coming down the pike.

I really wish these folks would learn to lie better. The amount of grease is causing my cholesterol to skyrocket. If I stopped reading them and went to a super greasy burger place (I'm pretty sure there must be one in Chicago somewhere), it would be much healthier.
101010 :towel:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers asked a federal court Wednesday to force far-right attorney Sidney Powell and her client and co-counsel to be sanctioned and pay more than $100,000 in legal fees over a failed lawsuit that sought to overturn the state’s presidential results, as Powell and other lawyers who led failed post-election cases now face blowback and potential consequences across the country.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... n-lawsuit/
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

More details

Luke

Post by Luke »

This was a lovely, interesting read. Gosh, really brings back memories of the insanity when case after case was filed, hearing after hearing was on conference calls and YouTube, and failure after failure recorded. In a way, it seems like a long time ago. And so grateful for the great competent work the Biden Administration is doing.

Wisconsin blasts Squidney as the incompetent hack she is. Considering this was filed four weeks after the election and demanded expedited consideration, which required a lot more time with complex subject matter, the request sure seems reasonable. It's at https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 7.98.0.pdf.

Squidney hasn't commented on her Telegram, instead, she reposts BS from Lin Wood and Patrick Byrne about Maricopa County and other ridiculous matters. Sure hope Wisconsin gets that money and that other states follow through. And that Dominion collects. Even the dumbest DL2XIT supporter will be forced to see those big judgments and the humiliation these grifters will experience.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

From PacerMonitor:

“MINUTE ORDER. Upon review of Defendants'30 Unopposed Motion for Extension of Time, it is hereby ORDERED that the Motion is GRANTED. Plaintiffs shall file their Response to Defendants'22 Motion to Dismiss by April 19, 2021. Defendants may file their Reply by May 10, 2021. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on April 2, 2021. (lccjn2)”
Luke

Post by Luke »

Can't really imagine anything more repulsive: Squidney interviewed by Dinesh D'Souza. Wouldn't even ask Bob to take one for the team and watch this. :lol:

Here's the link to it, Dinesh put it in four parts: https://rumble.com/search/video?q=sidne ... l%20dinesh

PART 1: Sidney Powell is NOT Backing Down
PART 2: Sidney Powell Gives Her Side of the Story
PART 3: Why Wasn’t Sidney Powell’s Evidence Examined? This Will INFURIATE You
PART 4: Sidney Powell Discusses What’s ACTUALLY Happening in America

In Squidney's fantasy world, she DOMINATES Dominion. Some hack from UncoverDC, whatever that is, is happy to take the bait; must be a teenager with "checkmate" and "Art of War" references. Sounds like the Mongols were new to him Squidney & her pals are spreading this all over Telegram. This story will be fun to look back on after the trial.
Sidney Powell’s Legal Defense Dominates Dominion
By Mackenzie Bettle -March 31, 2021

The supreme “Art of War” is to subdue your enemy without fighting; it means having the ability to set an inescapable trap – enabling the ability to annihilate the enemy. In fictional novels, the process can be analogized to a successfully foreshadowed climax. Some only see the strategy set up in hindsight. In chess, champions yell “checkmate.” Once a fledgling nation-state, Genghis Khan and the Mongols led brutal campaigns under such a strategy. The Mongols used this Art while amassing the Earth’s largest contiguous empire ever. To their enemies, the most successful tactics seemed bizarre and arcane. Thinking the moves were motivated by Mongol weakness, generals would retaliate in knee-jerk fashion. But, many powerful nations were led like sheep to the slaughter. Entire civilizations succumbed to slavery and savagery. The tactics employed were neither arcane nor bizarre. It was the Supreme Art of War, published almost a millennium before Khan devastated even the Europeans. It is widely still read today.

Dominion Voting Systems, the software company at the heart of many of the 2020 Election controversies and conspiracies, has brought several defamation lawsuits as of late. The company is seeking damages many would consider astronomical. Sidney Powell, a star former-federal prosecutor, General Flynn’s successful criminal defense attorney, and author of Licensed to Lie, is just one defendant in the crosshairs. The lawsuit against Powell was brought in Washington, D.C., a politically questionable and legally improper place for a Colorado company to sue a Texan. The burn of political interference in the D.C. circuit is something Sidney Powell is especially experienced with. As per Dominion, Ms. Powell is alleged to have made “wild accusations” and “outlandish claims” about the company – claims that could only be verified using data from Dominion via a pre-trial discovery process and argued in court. Powell’s legal arguments are sound. A proper trial may shed a sufficient amount of light to put to bed questions surrounding the election. Her strategy seems, in hindsight, supreme. [Huh? Hindsight? :lol: ]

The Motion to Dismiss
Despite the immediate outcry and disingenuous legacy media reporting, her recent motion to dismiss or change venue could affirm decisive legal protection for private citizens against entities that have been considered or labeled “public figures” under N.Y. Times Co. These entities are different from government officials, such as politicians, with the latter not having to guarantee the truth of their factual assertions. Politicians are practically unable to defend against defamation. If they could, some media would be bankrupt after the last four years. Now, thankfully, when public figures engage in the deprivation of constitutionally protected rights of private citizens, Americans can reap monetary damages. Ms. Powell’s motion argues Dominion is, at minimum, a “limited-purpose public figure.” These types of “public figures” are found in cases where the defamatory statements involve a “matter of public concern” and whether the level of the plaintiff’s “participation invites scrutiny.”(Refer to Zueger v. Goss.) Ms. Powell’s statements involve the single most important election in our country – the Presidential election. And Dominion states that it operates “nearly 300” state and local elections, managing equipment that services over “40% of U.S. voters” (almost 62 million). Such standards appear satisfied. Limited purpose public figures can defend against defaming statements but must prove the statement was made with actual malice, can be proved “true or false,” and that people accepted the statements as fact, in light of the phrasing, context, and circumstances. Statements of fact and opinions based on statistical analysis are not the same. Dominion is claiming that Ms. Powell’s statements cannot be regarded by a reasonable person as truthful. This seems to me to be a counterproductive claim to Dominion’s cause, as it holds such answers in its software’s data—or should. All companies keep records.

What Does Dominion Have to Prove?
Dominion must prove that Ms. Powell’s statements were motivated by actual malice, proven by clear and convincing evidence. This is a higher bar to vault than the typical civil standard; by a preponderance of the evidence. That is, Dominion must show Sidney Powell knew her claims were false—and peddled them anyway. Powell has filed voter integrity lawsuits in many different states, published a 270-page public record of the evidence used has spoken on the public record and has not walked back any claims. She sounds like someone who firmly believes in the truth of her statements. Arguments used by Dominion in court that Ms. Powell is advancing her claims because of some lucid loyalty to the former-President are meritless — by about thousands of pages of evidence and expert testimony. Evidence used by Ms. Powell is not only backed by private experts, it is backed by the federal government and many state governments — from both sides of the aisle.

Where Dominion Went Wrong
Dominion, in its legal complaint, failed to state the proper type of harm necessary for relief to be granted on defamation. In fact, Dominion’s allegations are entirely devoid of the legally proper information, statements, or evidence required to succeed on its merits. That means they are asking the federal judge to punish Ms. Powell and her companies simply because Dominion wants that outcome. This is akin to a child on a playground faking a story to punish someone they do not like, except the federal government has a lot more power than a principal. We also have constitutional rights. Our federal judiciary has consistently found political speech regarding important federal elections protected under the First Amendment. The language used in the political arena is “often vituperative, abusive, and inexact.” (Watts v. United States) Likewise, political speech is ‘inherently prone to exaggeration and hyperbole.” (Planned Parenthood of Columbia/Willamette, Inc. v. Am. Coal. of Life Activists) Speech must be “uninhibited, robust, and wide-open.” N.Y. Times. Co. Because “speech concerning public affairs is more than self-expression; it is the essence of self-government.” (Garrison v. Louisiana) Political speech regarding these events has been rigorously defended because of the profound national implications. SCOTUS has held that political speech is “entitled the fullest possible measure of constitutional protection.” (Members of City Council of Los Angeles v. Taxpayers for Vincent) Dominion, to the outside observer, by seeking such high monetary damages, seems to be extorting silence through intimidation of the court system. This should not be tolerated. Dominion continues to claim Ms. Powell intentionally caused them damage because of some ‘unfounded, evidence-less, and fraudulently’ motivated “ill will.” Such categorical allegations by Dominion are unsupported in the complaint they filed against Ms. Powell. The Supreme Court in Iqbal found that statements like the ones Dominion made in their complaint “do not suffice to satisfy the pleading standards” to survive a motion to dismiss.

Recent Precedent Matters
Unfortunately, too, for Dominion, the D.C. Circuit agreed with Ms. Powell this past week in a differing opinion regarding the defamation against her. As the D.C. Circuit noted, “[o]ur court… has made clear that evidence of ill will is insufficient by itself to support a finding of actual malice.” With the mountains of evidence supplied by Ms. Powell, it is clear her claims are not the ones that may seem to contain malice. This builds upon prior D.C. Circuit precedent. In Bauman, the court found that “when a defendant provides the facts underlying the challenged statements, ‘it is clear the challenged statements represent [her] own interpretation of those facts,’ which ‘leav[es] the reader free to draw [their] own conclusions.” This means opinions backed by evidence cannot be found to have malice. It means that the attacks against Powell for her motion are unfounded and based upon a complete disregard and appreciation for the argument in her filing.

Powell was Defending the People
Dominion is, in essence, claiming the global audience addressed by Ms. Powell is incapable of looking at the evidence themselves and formulating their own opinions. Talk about a wildly outrageous statement! The only way for Dominion to succeed is to release their data to prove the evidence and other experts wrong—but even then, no defaming occurred. People debate statistics all the time in public. Sidney Powell is arguing that she formed opinions based on the data, expert testimony, and evidence she was presented with. The vices executed in this pending trial-trap are so beautiful, it is hard to write a better story. :lol: The applicable state law for Dominion’s claims against Ms. Powell and others is Colorado. Certain laws can be tried under the relevant state’s laws in federal courts between citizens from different states. Unless federal law preempts, stronger state laws are ones that can apply. In this case, because Colorado is making the claims, Colorado’s law applies, even in Texas. Colorado’s Supreme Court and Constitution have stronger and more vibrant First Amendment protections and case precedents than even the United States Constitution and Supreme Court. The forum, which is crucial in jury selection for trials, is in freedom-loving Texas.

Checkmate.
https://uncoverdc.com/2021/03/31/sidney ... -dominion/
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I read that and am now measurably dumber than I was before I read it. Jesus.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

I stopped reading that lengthy excerpt after coming across this bullshit sentence which confuses who has to prove what and, most fatally, who is the plaintiff:
Such standards appear satisfied. Limited purpose public figures can defend against defaming statements but must prove the statement was made with actual malice, can be proved “true or false,” and that people accepted the statements as fact, in light of the phrasing, context, and circumstances.
Public figures, limited or otherwise, are suing. They aren't "defending." What crap. The author, Mackenzie Bettle, the FedSoc klown with the undergraduate business law degree currently pursuing a J.D. who wrote this drivel, thinks himself intelligent, what with the "Art of War" intro. The author would be mistaken.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

sterngard friegen wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:31 am ...The author would be mistaken.
I love your comments. :thumbsup:

Edited to correct another fat finger moment.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Here's more gibberish from Mackenzie, also quoted above in Lish's post. It's a tossed word salad that makes utterly no sense. It's not even up to a Sarah Palin effort. Here it is with a few observations from me:
The applicable state law for Dominion’s claims against Ms. Powell and others is Colorado. :nope: Certain laws can be tried under the relevant state’s laws in federal courts between citizens from different states. :confuzzled: Unless federal law preempts, stronger state laws are ones that can apply. :nope: In this case, because Colorado is making the claims, Colorado’s law applies, even in Texas. :nope: Colorado’s Supreme Court and Constitution have stronger and more vibrant First Amendment protections and case precedents than even the United States Constitution and Supreme Court. :brickwallsmall: The forum, which is crucial in jury selection for trials, is in freedom-loving Texas. :yankyank:
Verdict: :rolleye:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm DAMMIT! Marked the date in my calendar in INK!

Patrick M. Byrne, [29.03.21 19:21]
Hi. Just to keep everyone updated.... I am going to change my prediction from 2 weeks to 6-8 weeks. Maybe earlier. All the smoke will lift and the truth will be obvious and undeniable. I promise, we have the royal straight flush. It is just going to take that long to play out. You may see things dribble out before then, but it is going to take 6-8 weeks for this hand of bridge to play out. But we GOT these sumbitches. I promise.
:snippity:
This dude is a horrible writer, and he obviously does not know the devil's bedposts from the beer card.

First, "the royal straight flush" is redundant. A royal flush IS a straight flush; it is the highest-ranking straight flush among all the other sequences.

Second, bridge hands don't take six to eight weeks, even considering literary hyperbole.

Third, he mixes his card game metaphors. :fingerwag:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 am I read that and am now measurably dumber than I was before I read it. Jesus.
Yeah, me too. I have 2 different colleges calling for me to return degrees. :crazy:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

This seriously popped into my head while and then after reading the Uncover piece.

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”