Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Chilidog

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by Chilidog »

:rockon: :rockon:

REO reference!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

It's like a taco within a taco
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Funny that Lin Wood is going on about a digital copy of the hearing being available to the public, but he needs a transcript. I know that the transcript is the official record, but still, for the purposes he claims to need it for, a recording should suffice.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

There you go again, being all logical :brickwallsmall:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I'm sure Lin early on asked Powell to remove his name from the case when he realized the mess it was. Did he happen to mention that he wanted off the case early on? That would certainly help his claim that he was not involved.

Yeah, I thought so.
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

Yes it's almost like Wood couldn't send a letter or file a motion in Judge Parker's court ab initio stating that he had nothing to do with the case and his name was misappropriated.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I just googled Judge Linda V. Parker and learned that she is a Black woman. It is fitting that a black woman should be the Kraken's nemesis, as black women stormed to the polls to vote against Trump in overwhelming numbers.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Sanctions Hearing, King et al. v. Whitmer et al., 2:20-cv-13134-LVP-RSW

David Fink, a lawyer for the city of Detroit :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sidney Powell :roll:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

David Fink was excellent. His presentation represented hte highest standards of the profession. He was passionate yet professional and had all the facts at his disposal.

Lin Wood looked like an asshole. I'm sure he'll gain points with the MAGA rabble by arguing with Judge Parker.

People have said that Sidney Powell was unrepentant. True, but as she started her remarks her voice was weak and trembling, as if she was very nervous speaking before the US District Judge. She gained confidence as she went along, because I believe she was going for the martyr to Trump role, knowing she'll be sanctioned or disbarred but counting on the sweet MAGAgrift.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Only saw the last 30 minutes or so live. It wasn't allowed to be recorded so if you want to see it, might want to get to it in case YT takes it down. But with 1545 views, guess it'll be on Rumble and elsewhere.

Mike's Twitch has been on talking hilariously about it for an hour:

On Telegram, Lucian Wood is mad at Detroit Freep.
Lin Wood, [12.07.21 22:03]
The Detroit “Free” Press is a Mockingbird propaganda rag owned by Gannett. Talk about Communist propaganda!

Here is an example from this fictional article published today that shows you how objective, factual reporting does not exist at Gannett newspapers:

“Wood, a well-known conspiracy theorist who has lied about the election, did everything he could to distance himself from the lawsuit.”

Who reads this garbage?

As Sidney Powell stated today, I had no role whatsoever in drafting or preparing the pleadings filed in the Detroit election case. But despite my lack of involvement, I am threatened with disciplinary actions and the loss of my right to practice law in Michigan and Georgia. When truth is not relevant, injustice follows. When due process and a fair opportunity to be heard are denied, tyranny rears its ugly head.

Here is the TRUTH:

I do not lie. Sidney Powell does not lie.

The Detroit Free Press is a liar. Detroit lawyer David Fink is a liar.

Federal Judge Linda Parker is an Obama appointee.

I think that pretty much says it all, don’t you?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 334859001/
Federal judge grills Sidney Powell's legal team in Michigan elections sanctions case
Clara Hendrickson Dave Boucher Detroit Free Press

A Michigan federal judge grilled Sidney Powell and her team of lawyers for roughly six hours Monday in response to motions to sanction the attorneys in connection with their conspiracy-laden lawsuit claiming election fraud in the state. U.S. District Judge Linda Parker heard arguments from lawyers for Detroit and Michigan for sanctioning Powell and her team, but spent most of the hearing scrutinizing the baseless allegations of fraud and misconduct leveled in the lawsuit, which involved several attorneys, including three from Michigan: Scott Hagerstrom, Stefanie Lambert Junttila and Greg Rohl. Parker repeatedly questioned whether the attorneys properly investigated the claims of fraud and misconduct presented in affidavits included in the lawsuit before submitting them to the court.

"My concern is that counsel here has submitted affidavits to suggest and make the public believe that there was something wrong with the election. And that is what this is all about. That's what these affidavits are designed to do, to show that there was something wrong in Michigan, there was something wrong in Wayne County," Parker said. The lawyers largely could not say they spoke with the people who provided the affidavits, something that appeared of concern to Parker, who used phrases such as "shocks me," "a little surprising" and "problematic." "I think it's wrong for an affidavit to be submitted in support ... if there's been no kind of minimal vetting," Parker said. "If you can't determine from the plain language of the affidavit, how am I supposed to draw any kind of evidence from it?" Parker, who essentially dismissed the underlying lawsuit in December 2020, said she would give attorneys two weeks to submit additional documents to the court before determining whether sanctions are warranted.
In addition to Powell and the three Michigan attorneys named in the state's motion for sanctions, the city asked Parker to refer other attorneys involved to the relevant disciplinary authorities. They include L. Lin Wood, Emily Newman, Julia Haller, Brandon Johnson and Howard Kleinhendler. The city’s motion also asks Parker to refer the attorneys to the chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan — where the lawsuit was filed — to initiate disbarment proceedings. "What they filed in the first complaint, in this case, was an embarrassment to the legal profession. It was sloppy, it was unreadable .. .the fact is, this was a sloppy, careless effort," Fink said. Campbell presented most of the arguments for the Trump-supporting team. He said Powell, Kleinhendler and others zealously advocated for the rights of their clients and did so in a way that followed legal ethics. Parker questioned what authority they believe she had to overturn an election and whether the attorneys actually read the documents they submitted with their legal filing.

The hearing at times devolved into procedural debates about the role each attorney had and precedent for making certain arguments. Wood, a well-known conspiracy theorist who has lied about the election, did everything he could to distance himself from the lawsuit. "Your honor, I just didn't have anything to do with this," Wood said, arguing he never saw the lawsuit or knew that his name would be appended to it. But Powell told Parker that she recalls asking Wood about adding his name to the lawsuit. Wood also said he didn't learn that sanctions were being sought against him until he read his name in a media report. Fink said this is blatantly false. During the hearing, Parker asked Powell's team whether they questioned the so-called expert reports filed in support of the lawsuit, including one that wildly misstated voter turnout rates in Michigan and falsely alleged votes were switched in Antrim County. Attorneys assured Parker that they had spoken with the experts and vetted the claims. Campbell said that there is no evidence that the lawyers involved had knowledge that the information provided was inaccurate. And in the case of the voter turnout report, Campbell noted that a corrected version was filed. In response, Fink said that lawyers could have staved off the election misinformation contained in the lawsuit by the "slightest bit of due diligence." A 30-second internet search, for instance, would have made clear that turnout in Detroit was 51% and not 139%, Fink said.
Over eight months after Biden won the state, the legal team behind the case has continued to question the legitimacy of the election. Junttila met with Cheboygan County commissioners in May to push for an audit in the county based on debunked reports that votes were manipulated. The commission subsequently sought approval from the Bureau of Elections for an audit of the voting equipment and software to determine whether an unauthorized computer changed votes in the county Trump won. Junttila and Rohl dispute the validity of the exhaustive Senate Oversight Committee report on the Nov. 3 election that found no evidence of widespread fraud or vote switching in Michigan. The GOP-led investigation concluded that voters should "use a critical eye and ear toward those who have pushed demonstrably false theories for their own personal gain." Chris Thomas, the former elections director for Michigan, said Monday's hearing brought much needed accountability. For too long post election cases have been populated with blatant untruths masquerading as facts. No one ever looks back once all shouting is over to hold lawyers accountable — until now!" Thomas tweeted.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 334859001/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:53 pm Perhaps Mike missed it, but Lin was pretty clear that the filing had neither his email address or a /s from him on it, so he isn't bound by any rules. :brickwallsmall: :yankyank:

The /s/es got stuck on Lena’s eyelids.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Are they really all, except Powell, saying "I had nothing to do with any of the words in any of the court filings, I just signed my name onto it after it was drafted"? And how likely is that BS going to fly? I don't care if nobody but Powell had anything to do with what was contained in any of the court filings, they all signed on to them, they all appeared at press conferences spouting off all the drivel contained in those pages. I would think the point would simply be did they put their name on any of this bogus nuttery and agree to file it in a real lawsuit. If so, they are responsible and should be subject to sanctions. That's my IANALAMNKJS opinion. :mrgreen:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lin posted on Telegram, Mike & some others reacted on Twitter...

Lin 7-11.JPG
Lin 7-11.JPG (99.77 KiB) Viewed 2300 times

Lin 7-11 2.JPG
Lin 7-11 2.JPG (96.33 KiB) Viewed 2300 times

Lin 7-12-21.JPG
Lin 7-12-21.JPG (103.4 KiB) Viewed 2300 times

Lin 7-12-21 2.JPG
Lin 7-12-21 2.JPG (14.89 KiB) Viewed 2300 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:yeahthat: [RVInit]
It shouldn’t matter if they spent five minutes or five thousand hours on it, they put their name to it and now they are tied to it. Too bad. Shouldn’t have signed on if your weren’t ready to take the responsibility.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

Wood also said he didn't learn that sanctions were being sought against him until he read his name in a media report. Fink said this is blatantly false.
I hope Fink has the receipts.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

tek wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:25 am
Wood also said he didn't learn that sanctions were being sought against him until he read his name in a media report. Fink said this is blatantly false.
FRCP Rule 11 requires service on parties against whom sanctions are being requested. No service, no sanctions. Period. It's an absolute defense, and Wood knows this. But Wood is also mentally deranged and a proven liar.

Fink said they served Wood via email and US Mail at the address contained in the pleadings. That's a fairly simple thing to prove, and it is inconceivable to me that Fink would be lying about something as easily verified as that. We know Wood is full of shit, and I see absolutely no reason to start believing him now when he is trying to avoid being sanctioned. Nor, for that matter, do I think anyone should believe him when he tries to throw Sidney Powell under the bus and claim he had know actual involvement in this litigation. As Fink pointed out, Wood was happy to proclaim his involvement in the Michigan lawsuit when he thought it helped him in the Delaware Superior Court. For him to disclaim any knowledge at this juncture is self-serving and simply not credible.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:13 am Shouldn’t have signed on if your weren’t ready to take the responsibility.
Well there's your problem.
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Some objected to notice because it wasn’t properly served under FRCP 5, but they didn’t elaborate. I wonder what the issue is.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:17 am Some objected to notice because it wasn’t properly served under FRCP 5, but they didn’t elaborate. I wonder what the issue is.
I was just going to ask about that too.
filly

Post by filly »

Here's a link to Rule 5: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_5. I think they are arguing some technicality wasn't complied with. But Judge Parker didn't seem concerned about that. Dunford discussed this on his Twitch stream last night. The argument seems to be that the Rule 11 Motion fails because some procedure in Rule 5 was not complied with. Dunford pointed out that Judge Parker has the ability under Rule 11 to issue sanctions sua sponte. Chancery was interested in this so perhaps he might give us specifics.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:59 pm I just googled Judge Linda V. Parker and learned that she is a Black woman. It is fitting that a black woman should be the Kraken's nemesis, as black women stormed to the polls to vote against Trump in overwhelming numbers.
:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke

Post by Luke »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:16 am
tek wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:25 am
FRCP Rule 11 requires service on parties against whom sanctions are being requested. No service, no sanctions. Period. It's an absolute defense, and Wood knows this. But Wood is also mentally deranged and a proven liar.

Fink said they served Wood via email and US Mail at the address contained in the pleadings. That's a fairly simple thing to prove, and it is inconceivable to me that Fink would be lying about something as easily verified as that. We know Wood is full of shit, and I see absolutely no reason to start believing him now when he is trying to avoid being sanctioned. Nor, for that matter, do I think anyone should believe him when he tries to throw Sidney Powell under the bus and claim he had know actual involvement in this litigation. As Fink pointed out, Wood was happy to proclaim his involvement in the Michigan lawsuit when he thought it helped him in the Delaware Superior Court. For him to disclaim any knowledge at this juncture is self-serving and simply not credible.
He did move from GA to SC... the pleading may have had his GA address. It must be incumbent on the attorney to update the court with a new address, right? And Fink served by email too. And as you point out Panda, Wood is nuts and a congenital liar.

Does anybody have a link to the docket to check his address and email there?
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I followed this on Twitter.

I laughed so hard when Wood, towards the end of the hearing, told the court that "hmmm, I think I might need independent council after all". (It would take forever to find the tweet that mentioned this. Please forgive me for not spending more time searching for it. I did search, but I followed multiple twitter accts.)

Campbell is lucky he didn't get slapped for constantly interrupting the judge.

I give men one "stop interrupting me!". (I'm soft spoken which makes interruptions more common.) If a second warning is needed, I repeat the warning with the "ok, now I gots to cut ya" look.

Judge Parker was very patient yesterday. I hope she sends flowers to the court reporter.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Question.

How would sanctions affect the various lawyer's licenses in other states?
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bob

Post by bob »

LM K wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 pmHow would sanctions affect the various lawyer's licenses in other states?
As always, "it depends."

Bars Licensing agencies tend to have a self-tattle rule, i.e., if you are sanctioned, you are obligated to tell us about it. (And if we find out about the sanctions from someone other than you, your punishment will be worse.)

What differs is what, exactly, is a "sanction" that triggers the self-tattle rule. Actual suspension? Probation? Monetary sanction (and how much?)? Remedial coursework?

But, in general, if a different licensor actually suspends your license, expect reciprocal discipline.

Klayman, for example, is going through this. The D.C. bar suspended him for 90 days, which triggered suspension proceedings in the D.D.C., D.C. Cir., 9th Cir., SCOPA, etc.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”