Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 am
covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 am Mike, welcome! :notworthy:

She and her gargoyle crew have quite literally ruined Dominion's business. I'm not a lawyer, but I really hope there is some way to hold them legally accountable for that.
Has that actually been proven yet, or has their reputation just taken a hit? Has Dominion provided hard numbers of cancelled contracts or anything?
Back in March they were projecting losses of $600M, but I'm haven't heard of cancelled contracts or anything yet. I would also expect future business to take a serious hit, but you'd have to wait some time and then compare year over year I suppose to prove that.

I can't imagine that it will be just their reputation that takes a hit and not their business, but it seems more like a time will tell kind of thing in order to prove it I suppose.

I just took a peek and all I could find was $500k+ they've had to spend on security for employees as a hard cost. Everything else is related to states balking at using their machine (future profit loss) and the tanking of the company's resale value.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:44 am

She and her gargoyle crew have quite literally ruined Dominion's business. I'm not a lawyer, but I really hope there is some way to hold them legally accountable for that.
Has that actually been proven yet, or has their reputation just taken a hit? Has Dominion provided hard numbers of cancelled contracts or anything?
Back in March they were projecting losses of $600M, but I'm haven't heard of cancelled contracts or anything yet. I would also expect future business to take a serious hit, but you'd have to wait some time and then compare year over year I suppose to prove that.

I can't imagine that it will be just their reputation that takes a hit and not their business, but it seems more like a time will tell kind of thing in order to prove it I suppose.

I just took a peek and all I could find was $500k+ they've had to spend on security for employees as a hard cost. Everything else is related to states balking at using their machine (future profit loss) and the tanking of the company's resale value.
A couple of months ago, republicans in Canton, Ohio, were pushing that county's board of elections to cancel a contract for new Dominion voting machines. I believe the contract was in the tens of millions of dollars. I'm not sure of the outcome of that push.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Because of the election process and contracts, it would take a little time to actually realize damages, unlike a company that specializes in something more consumable. Would it be possible that they could run up against a statute of limitations before the realization of how much damage was done?
101010 :towel:
MikeDunford

Post by MikeDunford »

They've alleged damage, but they're a long way from being required to provide proof yet.
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am A couple of months ago, republicans in Canton, Ohio, were pushing that county's board of elections to cancel a contract for new Dominion voting machines. I believe the contract was in the tens of millions of dollars. I'm not sure of the outcome of that push.
They dumped Dominion.
:snippity:
“Good. That’s wonderful news," said Doug Wright, a Plain Township Trump supporter who said he led about 10 demonstrators to protest the purchase of the Dominion machines at the Stark County Office Building Wednesday ahead of the commissioners' vote.

Earlier, he said, "We’ve already got voter integrity issues, and now you want to purchase machines that have known problems.”

No court or governmental authority has found that Dominion machines have known problems with accurately counting votes.
:snippity:
Paywalled link (support local journalism): https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news/20 ... 924330002/
Unpaywalled link (serious, how often am I going to read the Canton Ohio Repository, this is it): https://outline.com/GgwEcB

You know what I would contribute to? A fund that gives money to small local papers. I'd much rather throw a hundred bucks at that, even if I don't get access, than subscribe to every two bit paper across these great United States. As much as I love two bit papers, and I do!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

MikeDunford wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:46 am

They've alleged damage, but they're a long way from being required to provide proof yet.
Thanks. I was pretty sure that was the case.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So glad to see thee at the Fogbow, Lord Mike of Dunford! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 am She and her gargoyle crew have quite literally ruined Dominion's business. I'm not a lawyer, but I really hope there is some way to hold them legally accountable for that.
Kinda sounds like this has been so bad for Dominion, and Dominion specifically, that I wonder if there might be the hands of their competitors somewhere in all of this.
MikeDunford

Post by MikeDunford »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:17 am So glad to see thee at the Fogbow, Lord Mike of Dunford! :biggrin:
I mean, Chancery showed up on my stream a few nights back to dispute one of my Twitter takes, and Georgetown JD was there last night. And, of course, Orlylicious and Some Jerk keep replying to me on Twitter.

Hard to not feel guilty about staying away with all those reminders. :lol:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The reputation in the eyes of the general public? But how about the reputation within the potential customer base, the states and counties, the election commissions and those that sign off the purchase orders. That will be a thing to be evaluated over the coming years. How many lease contracts will not get renewed and given to competitors? I would hope that those having to hand out cash behave a bit more rational. I assume that the law suits could take some time and await real world results of losses.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:16 am
Kinda sounds like this has been so bad for Dominion, and Dominion specifically, that I wonder if there might be the hands of their competitors somewhere in all of this.
I thought that Dominion was owned is part of the Carlyle Group.

Who would their main competition be?
raison de arizona

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 pm
neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:16 am
I thought that Dominion was owned is part of the Carlyle Group.

Who would their main competition be?
Avante International Technology, Inc.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc.
Elections Systems and Software (ES&S)
Hart InterCivic, Inc.
MicroVote General Corp.
Smartmatic USA Corporation
Unisyn Voting Solutions (a division of International Lottery and Totalizator, Inc)
VotingWorks
https://www.eac.gov/voting-equipment/re ... ufacturers

Apparently the market is dominated by:
1. Election Systems & Software (ES&S)
2. Dominion Voting Systems
3. Hart InterCivic
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Which ones are owned by Russian oligarchs?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I can't really see anybody signing new contracts with Dominion, knowing that half the population in the area will start screaming at them. No matter how much the decision makers know it's a bunch of bunk, are they really up for the headaches? No, they will just sign on with someone else, no matter what their personal opinion about Dominion systems. Dominion will have to change their name to get any business in the future.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm convinced they've been damaged, how much, who knows?

I'm also convinced they're not delusional enough to think they're going to collect anything like what they've spent to prosecute the case.The lawsuit and the hypothetical win are all about restoring their reputation. No matter what happens, anyplace they might win a contract in the next 5 years is gonna have a howling mob of idiots at every public hearing required before anyone can order any of their services.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You know what I would contribute to? A fund that gives money to small local papers.
Hear, hear covfefe. Our news availability, especially for local news, has been throttled down to a trickle by all the media consolidation. Sinclair Broadcasting has scripts for some national stories that are read in all Sinclair’s markets on all their stations, word for word the same from Anchorage AK to Yeehaw Junction FL. Their viewers definitely know what they’re to think about that story. :roll:

Would that Darnella Frazier’s courage and recognition sparks more and more righteous attempts to hold these militarized, radicalized bad acting local LEOs and others accountable, something akin to how Watergate inspired many to journalism*.

*but less insipid. It would be, as a matter of course; documenting injustice is a just cause. Following the money and power not so much, it turns out. The Greed is Good Go-Go-Go 80s thru, well, always I guess, swallowed them up, took the fire and integrity right out of most of them. I’m thinking of Tammi Lowrent and her elk, including all the Chuck Todds and Geraldos past and present. Many of them are not naturally conservative in their thinking or politics but joined the circus for the nonce (which turns into forever) because it pays well.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
MikeDunford wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:17 am So glad to see thee at the Fogbow, Lord Mike of Dunford! :biggrin:
I mean, Chancery showed up on my stream a few nights back to dispute one of my Twitter takes, and Georgetown JD was there last night. And, of course, Orlylicious and Some Jerk keep replying to me on Twitter.

I am also now here in London on my two year Foreign Service tour. Just arrived this week, can't test out of isolation under diplomatic protocols until Monday or Tuesday, but by Wednesday I should be out and about. In a hotel near Parliament until my actual assigned apartment is ready, but I believe I still owe you a pint from my one virtual gathering attendance during the height of COVID and my tour in Bangladesh.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kate520 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:16 am
You know what I would contribute to? A fund that gives money to small local papers.
Hear, hear covfefe. Our news availability, especially for local news, has been throttled down to a trickle by all the media consolidation. Sinclair Broadcasting has scripts for some national stories that are read in all Sinclair’s markets on all their stations, word for word the same from Anchorage AK to Yeehaw Junction FL. Their viewers definitely know what they’re to think about that story. :roll:

Would that Darnella Frazier’s courage and recognition sparks more and more righteous attempts to hold these militarized, radicalized bad acting local LEOs and others accountable, something akin to how Watergate inspired many to journalism*.

*but less insipid. It would be, as a matter of course; documenting injustice is a just cause. Following the money and power not so much, it turns out. The Greed is Good Go-Go-Go 80s thru, well, always I guess, swallowed them up, took the fire and integrity right out of most of them. I’m thinking of Tammi Lowrent and her elk, including all the Chuck Todds and Geraldos past and present. Many of them are not naturally conservative in their thinking or politics but joined the circus for the nonce (which turns into forever) because it pays well.
Nope. They are all owned by Moloc. I mean Murdoch
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Squidney needs her own theme song and nominate the opening song from the spin-off from The Mary Tyler Moore show, Phyllis. You have to hear the last lyric for the payoff. :P

Theme Song
Title: "Squidney Theme"
Composed by (sorry): "Dick DeBenedictis"

"Who makes the fog surrounding the Golden Gate simply disappear?
Squidney, Squidney.
Who makes the warning bells on the cable cars play "The Gangs All Here"?
Squidney, Squidney.

Who charms the crabs at Fisherman's Wharf right out of their shells?
Who lights the lamps of Chinatown just by walking in view? ... Who?
Squidney! Squidney! Squidney!
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MikeDunford

Post by MikeDunford »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:20 am
Off Topic
MikeDunford wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am

I am also now here in London on my two year Foreign Service tour. Just arrived this week, can't test out of isolation under diplomatic protocols until Monday or Tuesday, but by Wednesday I should be out and about. In a hotel near Parliament until my actual assigned apartment is ready, but I believe I still owe you a pint from my one virtual gathering attendance during the height of COVID and my tour in Bangladesh.
Off Topic
I'm still stranded in Lower Alabama, but I should be back in Mid-September and would love to take you up on the pint then.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I'm still stranded in Lower Alabama
Ugh.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

A federal judge has just ordered Sydney Powell and her fellow “kraken” co-conspirators to appear for a sanctions hearing on July 6.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6 ... anctioning

Can they please broadcast live?????? Pretty please.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

woodworker wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm A federal judge has just ordered Sydney Powell and her fellow “kraken” co-conspirators to appear for a sanctions hearing on July 6.

It's a Zoom hearing, and the public can log in.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:58 pm
woodworker wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm A federal judge has just ordered Sydney Powell and her fellow “kraken” co-conspirators to appear for a sanctions hearing on July 6.

It's a Zoom hearing, and the public can log in.
Yeah, but only the first 1000 to log in. Zoom meetings have a limit. I wonder if it will hit the maximum...

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... e-meetings
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Feels like we're going to need a new Birther Calendar, the gears are starting to turn. The Squid has this one too also (from a few pages back from uninformed):
“MINUTE ORDER. Upon review of Defendants'22 Motion to Dismiss, it is hereby ORDERED that a hearing on the22 Motion, as well as the pending Motions in US Dominion, Inc. v. Giuliani , 1:21-cv-00213, and US Dominion, Inc. v. My Pillow, Inc. , 1:21-cv-00445, is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on June 24, 2021, in Courtroom 19. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on June 7, 2021. (lccjn2)”
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”