Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
filly

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by filly »

Well the tweet of the video of Sidney's brilliant interview has been removed (probably due to a copyright claim) but I this take was very good:

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is Squidney on drugs? She seems a bit slow. She’s annoying as hell too.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm not sayin' she's not very confident, but the sign on the building says "Future Home of Dominion Voting Systems Northern Virginia Office"
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Orly Taitz' record has been broken by The Squid!

Mike Dunford @questauthority 24m
The first sanctions request in King v Whitmer is in - state defendants are asking for about $22k.
Notice (Other) – #173 in King v. Whitmer (E.D. Mich., 2:20-cv-13134) – CourtListener.com
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .173.0.pdf

OrlyLicious @Orly_licious
Replying to @questauthority
Well done #Squidney #SidneyPowell, #LinWood et al! It wasn't easy, but they have beaten the notorious Orly Taitz' #Birther Sanction Record of $20,000 from US District Judge Clay D. Land in Georgia! Taitz must be green with envy. #KingVWhitmer

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Has the request been granted?

Might the judge shave some $$ off?
(Not that lawyers ever over bill :whistle: )
somerset

Post by somerset »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm Orly Taitz' record has been broken by The Squid!

Mike Dunford @questauthority 24m
The first sanctions request in King v Whitmer is in - state defendants are asking for about $22k.
Notice (Other) – #173 in King v. Whitmer (E.D. Mich., 2:20-cv-13134) – CourtListener.com
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .173.0.pdf

OrlyLicious @Orly_licious
Replying to @questauthority
Well done #Squidney #SidneyPowell, #LinWood et al! It wasn't easy, but they have beaten the notorious Orly Taitz' #Birther Sanction Record of $20,000 from US District Judge Clay D. Land in Georgia! Taitz must be green with envy. #KingVWhitmer
Well.... Apples and Oranges, really ;)

This is what the state is asking for, not what the judge has ordered. And this is to cover attorney's fees, not purely as a punitive measure. Still, it's a great first step towards having Squidney, et. al., being held accountable for their frivolous endeavours.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: Totally true, Somerset, but wasn't going to miss a chance to remind folks of Orly's fail. 8-)

It's just the ask, but that's just the state, think there's more coming. $22K doesn't seem like much for all the months of BS they went through, but not my area of expertise.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 pm :lol: Totally true, Somerset, but wasn't going to miss a chance to remind folks of Orly's fail. 8-)

It's just the ask, but that's just the state, think there's more coming. $22K doesn't seem like much for all the months of BS they went through, but not my area of expertise.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

If we assume that the Court will award some sort of sanctions against Sidney, how are these sanctions collected and remitted to the plaintiffs?

Are they unsecured debts? Will there be a lien filed against her? Can unpaid sanctions lead to disbarment? Assuming she winds up on the short end of the Dominion defamation suits, are these sanctions discharged in bankruptcy? So many questions . . . .
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Luke

Post by Luke »

Very nice!

Since the sanctions are joint and several, :dance: once approved they can go after any of the losers for any of the amount. So they can see if Lucian Wood has more money and go after him first. This will be interesting to watch.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They're all gonna be broke when Dominion gets done utterly destroying them.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Avenger Resister @AvengerResister 1h
Sidney Powell and the kraken are about to go through some things.
Harry Litman @harrylitman 5h
Very bad news for Sidney Powell,Esq.The Trump Campaign already knew the claims about Dominion Voting Systems were false when she so brassily launched them. That's a no-no for a lawyer and a defamation def't. Looking forward to discussing w/ @NicolleDWallace on @DeadlineWH at 4 ET

The New York Times @nytimes 6h
Breaking News: The Trump campaign knew days after the 2020 election that wild claims of voting machine tampering — pushed by Sidney Powell and others allied with Donald Trump — were not true, court filings show. Still, they promoted the false theories.

Here's Harry with Nicolle:

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski 2h
Sidney Powell is now claiming that Democrats murdered people in GA to cover up stealing the election: “They are willing to kill people a la Kelly Loeffler’s aide in GA, who was suddenly blown up in his car.” She also says a GBI agent investigating fraud was “suddenly found dead.”

:popcorn:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:33 pm
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski 2h
Sidney Powell is now claiming that Democrats murdered people in GA to cover up stealing the election: “They are willing to kill people a la Kelly Loeffler’s aide in GA, who was suddenly blown up in his car.” She also says a GBI agent investigating fraud was “suddenly found dead.”

:popcorn:
Yeah, PoliiFact already debunked the aide thing in December (still a tragedy). Being hit from behind by a flatbed truck hauling plastic tubing is a far cry from "suddenly blown up."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... collision/

Sidney has become vile and will say anything no matter the truth. As for the Trump campaign knowing the Dominion stuff was bubkis, I have no doubt they did. As for Trump, it really does not matter. He won and was cheated. That is all he knows and all he wants to know. The method is just noise.
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

How long before Sydney is disbarred? The woman is a cancer.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Neither of those are much of a dent in her war chest, I suspect.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hmmm, Lin Wood is not on that filing.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

If I understand the case correctly (a very big IF), the $182k is not a punitive damage award. It is actual damages, in the sense that the lawyers had to spend so many hours on the case. At their normal billing rates, that amounted to $182k. For a high-powered law firm, that isn't really that much. At $500 per hour, that's only 364 hours. Spread that out over half a dozen attorneys working for two or three weeks, they could easily rack up that much in billable fees.

One might argue that they really didn't SPEND $182k, but they could have spent the time on billable hours for other clients and actually received that amount, so, yeah, its actual damages.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:53 pm If I understand the case correctly (a very big IF), the $182k is not a punitive damage award. It is actual damages, in the sense that the lawyers had to spend so many hours on the case. At their normal billing rates, that amounted to $182k. For a high-powered law firm, that isn't really that much. At $500 per hour, that's only 364 hours. Spread that out over half a dozen attorneys working for two or three weeks, they could easily rack up that much in billable fees.

One might argue that they really didn't SPEND $182k, but they could have spent the time on billable hours for other clients and actually received that amount, so, yeah, its actual damages.

They're employees of the City of Detroit legal department. It's taxpayers who are out the cost of defending the suit.

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

The filing says that the defendants can't ask to be reimbursed for time spent on appeal?

That can't be right.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:05 pm
They're employees of the City of Detroit legal department. It's taxpayers who are out the cost of defending the suit.
Not so. They’re an outside law firm hired for this.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

LM K wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:50 am The filing says that the defendants can't ask to be reimbursed for time spent on appeal?

That can't be right.
Unfortunately, it’s generally true.
tek

Post by tek »

The only thing that MIGHT deter her future misconduct is disbarment.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

chancery wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 am
Ok, but still taxpayers on the hook.

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:41 pm
chancery wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 am
Ok, but still taxpayers on the hook.
Correct. And that is 122K that could be used to purchase Ford vehicles for roadway maintenance.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

By the time ones is fully equipped, I doubt that would pay for more than one, or maybe even one. II have always, out of curiosity, look at window stickers when I'm in an assembly plant and you'd be shocked. A tricked out Super Duty F-350 can be close to $100k, and when you get to commercially equipped medium duty F-650 and F-750 they run around $150k by the time the aftermarket partner gets done putting all the bells and whistles on them.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”