Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:06 pm
And how ought anyone believe a person that they went thru the covid illness and have the antibodies, just take their word? Believe me?

My next door neighbour swears she had COVID 19 last year, but when she had her blood tested, she had no antibodies. She wound up getting vaccinated anyway, because she wants to go visit her father in British Columbia, and she wouldn't have been allowed to cross the border without getting vaccinated.

So yeah, I'm not taking anyone's word, just as I seriously doubt that the people walking around without masks have actually been vaccinated.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

My experience has been that, unfortunately, pro-virus folks typically have exactly zero compunction about lying regarding their status whenever it suits them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think it depends on how long after Covid you are tested, but the antibodies don't necessarily last long. A friend (vaccinated) friend who recently got it was told that she can't count on the antibodies longer than 60 days. Then, about a month later, she will get vaccinated again.

Edited for obvious reason.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 pm I think it depends on how long after Covid you are tested, but the antibodies don't necessarily last long. A friend (vaccinated) friend who recently got it was told that she can't count on the antibodies longer than 60 days. Then, about a month later, she will get vaccinated again.
I've also read 60-90 days. The other thing I've been told is that the antibodies typically don't protect you against a different variant than the one you got, either. :think: Definitely not something to count on.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 pm I think it depends on how long after Covid you are tested, but the antibodies don't necessarily last long. A friend (vaccinated) friend who recently got it was told that she can't count on the antibodies longer than 60 days. Then, about a month later, she will get vaccinated again.
The first problem is 'do you believe the person telling you that they had COVID-19 did, in fact, have COVID=19?'. Because in the case of my neighbour, I do not believe that she had COVID-19, but had whatever flu bug was going around at the time. She never got tested at the time, so although she has a 'sincerely held belief', she doesn't have proof that she ever had COVID-19.

What we DO know, is that she had her blood tested about 2 months ago, and was found to have no antibodies. This could have been because the antibodies may have disappeared, or more likely, she never had any in the first place.

Either way, my experience has been that even if they themselves have been vaccinated, the people around me wear masks because they don't trust the unmasked people. Period.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Fuck DeSantis.jpg
Fuck DeSantis.jpg (73.03 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Do they deliver up north?
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://bipartisanreport.com/2021/09/05 ... -watchdog/
Ron DeSantis Put Under Investigation For Corruption By Gov’t Watchdog

He is still performing his belly dance for the king sitting down at Mar-a-Lago. Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) does not appear to be all that good at it, and he for certain does not look especially good in his harem pants anyway. The gov is so blinded by the spotlight on Donald Trump, that he might notice that he is going down in flames. Think we should not mention it to him? Check this out.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

DeSantis loses again. This time it's his anti-protest law.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 7316c4c601

FLORIDA
Florida judge grants preliminary injunction blocking controversial 'anti-riot' bill
Calling it unconstitutionally vague and potentially discriminatory, a judge blocked enforcement of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ signature “anti-riot” bill.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

The law can still serve its purpose, which is to rile up the rubes.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

It's just one of many ways to signal that cruelty and hate are just fine in DeSantistan. Even having the unconstitutional order rejected will be used as proof of judicial corruption or fake news or whatever.

These authoritarians are unhinged from the idea of a democratic republic by definition.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Be careful what you wish for, DeathSantis. With the mask mandates in place, you could bitch about over-reaching judges. Without the mask mandates in place, the deaths and illnesses are on you.

This "let the parents decide" bullshit blows my mind. What if a parent allows their 6 yo play* with a loaded gun? We have to allow that?

*and I don't mean target practice or gun safety lessons.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:51 pm Be careful what you wish for, DeathSantis. With the mask mandates in place, you could bitch about over-reaching judges. Without the mask mandates in place, the deaths and illnesses are on you.

This "let the parents decide" bullshit blows my mind. What if a parent allows their 6 yo play* with a loaded gun? We have to allow that?

*and I don't mean target practice or gun safety lessons.
Boebert lets her 8 yo play* unsupervised with lighters and rifles, so... Yes?

(BTW, I'm being sarcastic, what Boebert did is reportedly illegal under CO law.)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:35 pm
Well, kids can't vote, so, you know........
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If they die of starvation he can't be blamed for them dying of COVID.

Its brilliant!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

33.3% vaccination rate is not something to brag about :roll:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:56 pm 33.3% vaccination rate is not something to brag about :roll:
It's from April -- the last time Killer De allowed anyone to promote vaccines in Fla.

Today's vaxx rate in FL is about 72% with one dose (over 65 is like 93% one dose--duh).
tek

Post by tek »

as of 9/10
In Florida, 13,983,394 people or 65% of the state has received at least one dose.
Overall, 11,736,562 people or 54% of Florida's population has been fully vaccinated.
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cov ... te/florida

There is some question whether these statistics are correct, given the large business in fly-in vaccinations at MIA and FLL
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I. Just. Can't. Even.

But look at the expression on that monster's face.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:mad:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 pm I think it depends on how long after Covid gyou are tested, but the antibodies don't necessarily last long. A friend (vaccinated) friend who recently got it was told that she can't count on the antibodies longer than 60 days. Then, about a month later, she will get vaccinated again.

Edited for obvious reason.
My SIL went through a devastating bout with Covid last April. It was touch and go for a while. Her antibody levels are still sky high, to the point where her regular doctor is advising her not to get Jabbed.

She's going to see Northwestern's Dr. Murphy (As Seen on TV) to find out if she can get vaxed.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”