Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 pm I'm still not over getting suspended in 7th grade for a meltdown argument I had with an American History teacher who casually dumped off a "That's not what Jefferson was thinking when he wrote the Constitution" and I, being asshole me pipped in "Jefferson didn't write the Constitution, Madison and Mason did" setting off an epic fight where I discovered my gift for utterly humiliating someone who was objectively wrong and refuses to back down from their mistake.

I got three days, for "ridiculing faculty" and almost another 3 for pointing out that he was doing the ridiculing, I was just making sure everyone knew it.

I have been doing that "keep making them defend the wrong thing until they have a meltdown" since, but never with such perfection as the day I made Mr Amyx have a nervous breakdown and psychotic event in front of 25 13 year old kids.
I think we were separated at birth.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 pm I'm still not over getting suspended in 7th grade for a meltdown argument I had with an American History teacher who casually dumped off a "That's not what Jefferson was thinking when he wrote the Constitution" and I, being asshole me pipped in "Jefferson didn't write the Constitution, Madison and Mason did" setting off an epic fight where I discovered my gift for utterly humiliating someone who was objectively wrong and refuses to back down from their mistake.

I got three days, for "ridiculing faculty" and almost another 3 for pointing out that he was doing the ridiculing, I was just making sure everyone knew it.

I have been doing that "keep making them defend the wrong thing until they have a meltdown" since, but never with such perfection as the day I made Mr Amyx have a nervous breakdown and psychotic event in front of 25 13 year old kids.
I had a similar experience in eighth grade, where the science teacher insisted that 2 to the negative fifth power was -32, rather than 1/32. Being on the math team (I was a little geek), I brought in the advanced math teacher to show him the error of his ways. From then forward, I was never called by my name in class; it was always “Brainiac” or “Encyclopedia Colvin.” I proudly wore the scarlet A.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
In college, I ended up teaching a few weeks of the recitation section I was in when I kept correcting the "TA"s basic math errors the first day. Some background: I was in my final term as a fifth year senior EE, taking freshmen chem 2 because I had transferred from a semester to a quarter system and couldn't fit it in earlier. By that point, I had had more college level math than the rest of the students combined. The "TA" was actually the Dean of the Chemistry Dept who hadn't taught entry level chemistry in 20 years but was required by contract to take on a certain amount of teaching responsibilities every so often. Once he realized I actually had the background and the ability to describe the math required, he asked me to take over until the topics shifted to his particular area of expertise. That could have Gone Badly (TM) but he set aside his ego for the sake of the students.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I started a new topic, lest we get off subject...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=848
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He's doing it all wrong.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That is STUPID!

It's much cheaper and probably safer to vaccinate than give the treatment.

Somebody ought to check who's buying stock in what.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just the one? Sure, Orlando is central, but it's still about a four hour drive from the corners. Or, as noted above, you could drive to the corner Walgreens and get a free vax.

I'm surprised he didn't just open it at The Villages
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He has to look like he gives two figs for all the people who are getting sick because its hard to run for re-election with ten thousand stiffs in the corner. Even more so if a few hundred or thousand of them are schoolkids you ordered killed rather than upset the MAGA crowd by making people wear masks.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

is deathsantis vaxxed?

if not I hope he gets all the variants
Dave from down under

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:32 pm is deathsantis vaxxed?
:snippity:
Of course he is.. with booster shots..

Death is for other people...
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I'll probably get pummeled for this, and I do understand, but DeSantis is our Hitler rising.
Dave from down under

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:07 pm That is STUPID!

It's much cheaper and probably safer to vaccinate than give the treatment.

Somebody ought to check who's buying stock in what.
One of his major donors owns a large share of the company making the after infection treatment...

so no conflict of interest there... :mad:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 pm I'll probably get pummeled for this, and I do understand, but DeSantis is our Hitler rising.
He's still more of a Goebbels but he's hoping to move up.

Dave from down under

Found the tweet about why he is selling a treatment…

Jennifer Cohn ✍🏻 📢
@jennycohn1
·
10h
😳DeSantis promotes Regeneron Covid 19 treatment, while downplaying vaccine effectiveness. His top donor (per an article last year) is Ken Griffin, who is CEO of Citadel, which has the 2d largest stake in Regeneron.
@providence_chef
alerted me to the Griffin angle.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: The DeSantis administration has declared that cars in Florida will no longer be required to have seat belts, but every car in the state will be followed by its own individual ambulance.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Followed by individual ambulances? Now that is presidential treatment for voters :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Here is the link to the Florida Department of Health COVID page.

The monoclonal antibody info is featured front and center.

Vaccine info is there.

The word "mask" does not appear anywhere on the page.

:torches:

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

Below is the link to the FLa Dept Health COVID prevention page.

The word "mask" does not appear anywhere on the page.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/prevention/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Florida to punish two school districts in first sanctions under DeSantis mask mandate restrictions

Florida education officials voted Tuesday that the Broward County and Alachua County school districts violated state law by requiring students without medical exemptions to wear masks.

The state’s Board of Education, whose members are appointed by the governor, said it would impose unspecified penalties on the districts, the first since Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) threatened to withhold money from districts that require face coverings, saying that parents should decide whether their children wear masks at school.

As debate over public health mandates simmers across the country, new polling shows that nearly 2 out of every 3 Americans say they support their state or local government requiring masks in all public places to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Pollsters also found that 69 percent of Americans were supportive of requiring teachers, students and administrators to wear masks.
WaPo live, that's it so far.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... e-updates/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Nikki Fried, Florida Agriculture Commissioner and candidate for Florida Gov. in 2022, has been the single loudest and best voice against DeSantis for over a year.

She tweeted earlier today that she had been given one minute to address the Florida Board of Education and Commissioner Corchoran today. This is what she said:

Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.27.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.27.42 PM.png (156.51 KiB) Viewed 912 times
raison de arizona

How heartbreaking that is, and with Florida up to 1/4 of hospitalizations I heard.

Meanwhile, the machine marches on.
Florida School Board Sanctions School Districts For Imposing Mask Mandates
ALISON DURKEE AUGUST 17, 2021

The Florida State Board of Education voted unanimously Tuesday to sanction the Alachua and Broward county school districts for imposing mask mandates in violation of state rules, and could penalize them by withholding state funds.

Key Facts

The school board voted to “take all legal steps” to investigate and take action against Alachua and Broward countes’ school districts over their mask mandates, which the board found violated Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ executive order that prohibits school districts from requiring masks.

While the particular actions the board could take are still unclear, board chair Tom Grady said they could include “withholding funds from the district,” subjecting it to additional reporting requirements, “removing officers,” submitting public record requests to determine how school funds are being spent and referring the issue to the state legislature for further investigation and potential penalties.

Broward and Alachua schools’ mask mandates don’t have an opt-out option for parents, as the state order requires.

Both Broward and Alachua counties argued they do comply because they provide other opt-out options, like medical exemption through a doctor’s note or by taking advantage of a state program that allows children to receive scholarships for private schools that don’t have a mask requirement in place.
:snippity:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... 3071bb65ab
raison de arizona

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 pm I'll probably get pummeled for this, and I do understand, but DeSantis is our Hitler rising.
nope - Pol Pot
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Hitler" is thrown around too much. There's plenty of other despots from history to use as examples. DeSantis's rise is nothing like Hitlers rise, and that just dilutes the name.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”