Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

filly

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by filly »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:43 pm A few of my friends criticize me because I hardline on Jan 6. I was and still feel appropriately pissed.
If you watched Don Lemon last night you would still be near stroking out angry. Lemon has developed a friendship with Fanone and played nearly the entirety of the body cam over two hours of his show.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Today, I led over 100 of my colleagues in a letter to
@GOPLeader
demanding that he meet with Officer Michael Fanone.

Officer Fanone fought to save Kevin’s life on January 6. The least he could do is call him back.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The MAGAs wanted a military tribunal with firing squad - perhaps they should get their wishes.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

northland10 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm Paging Maybenaut...

Who ends up prosecuting on this one? While he was there not in an official capacity, do the Marines have an interest as he is on active duty? Could they through a bunch of UCMJ charges at him (ones not found in normal federal civilian criminal law)?
He’s been charged by the DOJ, so they’ll likely prosecute. If he’s not retirement-eligible, the Marines can just put him out, which is what they’d likely do. If he is retirement eligible, the Marines can court-martial him, but only for offenses not already charged. But I imagine storming the capitol and putting hands on officers there to protect it would likely be viewed by the Marine Corps as conduct unbecoming of an officer and a gentleman in violation of Article 133 of the UCMJ.

ETA: If he gets more than six months by the feds, the Marines can drop him from the rolls whether he’s retirement eligible or not once his sentence is final.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Quite an interesting note from federal prosecutors tonight.. as they argue for keeping accused Proud Boy & January 6 *conspirator* Ethan Nordean in jail pending trial in Capitol Insurrection.

Feds tells judge Nordean shared this message about Trump after Jan 6 ===>

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Sitting down having meetings? LMAO! This is about Vance, but an insurrection indictment would be just as fun. :popcorn:
POLITICO Playbook: How Palm Beach is preparing for a possible Trump indictment
By TARA PALMERI, RYAN LIZZA, RACHAEL BADE and EUGENE DANIELS 05/13/2021 06:10 AM EDT
If any indictment comes down while Donald Trump is in Bedminster, N.J., this could all play out very differently than if he’s at Mar-a-Lago.

SCOOP: PALM BEACH MAKES CONTINGENCY PLANS IN CASE TRUMP IS INDICTED — Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney CY VANCE could indict former President DONALD TRUMP while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions. Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

An obscure clause in Florida’s statute on interstate extradition gives Gov. RON DESANTIS the ability to intervene and even investigate whether an indicted “person ought to be surrendered” to law enforcement officials from another state — which means that as Mar-a-Lago prepares to close down for the season and Trump relocates to Bedminster, N.J., it isn’t just the Florida heat he’s leaving behind: He could lose a key piece of political protection. “The statute leaves room for interpretation that the governor has the power to order a review and potentially not comply with the extradition notice,” says JOE ABRUZZO, clerk of the Circuit Court of Palm Beach County, the official who would be in charge of opening a potential fugitive-at-large case.

One wrinkle to Abruzzo’s potential role in all of this: He is a former close associate of President JOE BIDEN’S younger brother, FRANK. Abruzzo tells Playbook that despite his friendship with the Biden family, “the full extent of the law will be followed and carried out appropriately, without bias.” If an indictment comes down while Trump is in Bedminster for the summer, this could all play out very differently. New Jersey’s extradition statute is similar to Florida’s, giving the governor the power to investigate an out-of-state warrant. But its governor is Democrat PHIL MURPHY, who is no fan of Trump’s, and would not likely intervene to stop Trump’s extradition. In the event of an indictment, Trump’s lawyers could also negotiate a condition of surrender, which could cut local law enforcement out. An attorney for Trump declined to comment.

With Trump settling down in New Jersey for the next few months, Florida is unlikely to have to sort through this any time soon. But the clock is ticking on the Manhattan D.A.’s investigation: On March 12, Vance said in a statement that he will retire at the end of 2021, and speculation abounds that his office — which is currently investigating whether Trump and his businesses committed banking and tax fraud, among other lines of inquiry — could issue indictments before passing the case along to his successor. And that means that Palm Beach County may yet have to get involved — depending on whether Trump is indicted, of course, and whether that happens after Mar-a-Lago reopens in the fall.
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ent-492836
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"It's hard to believe that people still deny what really happened," Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn says about GOP lawmakers downplaying the Jan. 6 riot. "It's so frustrating ... How do you look at that tape and see anything else than an assault?"
https://cnn.it/3yaUS1m
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Mar-a-lago is on a strip of sand just barely above sea level. It's one tsunami away from disaster. Doesn't even have to be a big tsunami.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ben Wermund
@BenjaminEW
@replouiegohmert
spent about an hour on the House floor today defending Capitol riot suspects: 'Their only crime was supporting Donald Trump'
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Ben Wermund
@BenjaminEW
@replouiegohmert
spent about an hour on the House floor today defending Capitol riot suspects: 'Their only crime was supporting Donald Trump'
:roll: Well, they keep voting him to office. I guess they must like him....
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I guess they must be like him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yeah, their only crime besides storming the building, breaking windows, breaking into the chambers and offices, and taking stuff. Other than that, no big deal. What's all the fuss about (shrug)?

:facepalm:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

And here I thought they murdered a police officer. I guess since they weren't black, that's not really a crime, huh? :roll:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
slq

Post by slq »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm And here I thought they murdered a police officer. I guess since they weren't black, that's not really a crime, huh? :roll:
Exactly. :roll: Insurgenting while white.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Meh, 5 deaths is representative of American freedom. If you are willing to sacrifice 36000 people a year for the freedom of guns, you are willing to do it for the freedom of getting fucked by powerful people.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:31 pm Meh, 5 deaths is representative of American freedom. If you are willing to sacrifice 36000 people a year for the freedom of guns, you are willing to do it for the freedom of getting fucked by powerful people.
Cheap talk coming from someone who lives in a country where people have spent centuries killing each other for being the wrong kind of Christian.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:31 pm Meh, 5 deaths is representative of American freedom. If you are willing to sacrifice 36000 people a year for the freedom of guns, you are willing to do it for the freedom of getting fucked by powerful people.

Respectfully, you often use "you" in this broad sense, as if the citizens of America were united in their thoughts, motivations, and actions. I object to this when the MSM does it (fired off a finely crafted tweet this morning to Mika B, which I'm sure she'll take to heart), and I get a growl of irritation when my friends do it (ehem *my sister* ehem) so I thought I'd mention it.

If we've learned one thing over the past five years, it's that there are at a dead minimum, two Americas.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 pm
Cheap talk coming from someone who lives in a country where people have spent centuries killing each other for being the wrong kind of Christian.
Ouch. Might be a bit of a low-blow, frp. Suranis is calling it how he sees it. Ireland (Northern Ireland) has it's share of problems but that's not on Suranis, just as the gun violence in the USA is not on you and I.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 pm Cheap talk coming from someone who lives in a country where people have spent centuries killing each other for being the wrong kind of Christian.
Thank you for the Whataboutism. However, as I like to say to RWNJs who do Whataboutism arguments, even if that sentence is true, it does not change the fact that some people from your country consider American lives an acceptable sacrifice for the ability to own shooty Penises. The "Tree of Liberty" etc. Nor does it invalidate my right to point it out.

Also, next time I'm home I'll photograph the bullet holes left by some poor bastard that was shot dead by the IRA on my mothers farm for God knows what reason during the War of Independence or the Civil War. I'm very aware of my history, thanks very much.

(Also, if you feel it means something, it has to be said that your country is not exactly pure in the "Killing different kind of Christian" department. Just saying)
p0rtia wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:55 pm Respectfully, you often use "you" in this broad sense, as if the citizens of America were united in their thoughts, motivations, and actions. I object to this when the MSM does it (fired off a finely crafted tweet this morning to Mika B, which I'm sure she'll take to heart), and I get a growl of irritation when my friends do it (ehem *my sister* ehem) so I thought I'd mention it.

If we've learned one thing over the past five years, it's that there are at a dead minimum, two Americas
Very true. I apologize for my imprecise language, which is why I added "some" to "people" in my reply to above.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

neonzx wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 pm Ouch. Might be a bit of a low-blow, frp. Suranis is calling it how he sees it. Ireland (Northern Ireland) has it's share of problems but that's not on Suranis, just as the gun violence in the USA is not on you and I.
As p0rtia observed, Suranis has a habit of generalizing Americans in a way that is unseemly coming from across the pond, and this isn't the first time. So I illustrated my point by reciprocating. p0rtia, being more forgiving generally, put it better than I could anyway.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'll just read that as "Portia gave me an out" and leave it at that. :roll: :towel:
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:39 pm I'll just read that as "Portia gave me an out" and leave it at that. :roll: :towel:
What, I get no credit? I gave you an out, too. :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, but you're a Dalek. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”