Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:51 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 am https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... 6/2793649/
One alert shared by a Park Police commander with police lieutenants and National Park Service officials said the growing crowd near the White House was seen, “Wearing ballistic helmets, body armor and carrying radio equipment and military grade backpacks.
That's how I gear up when I go to take tours while sight seeing.
But don't gear up with a belt, or at least a usable belt. I figure that the current Army Combat Uniform and the BDUs and such from the days gone by required a belt that actually worked.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:24 pm :confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
@GOPLeader
⁩ has sent bags of fried chicken to ⁦
@CapitolPolice
⁩ — am sure it’s delicious, but would prefer support for democracy and the rule of law if you’re not tapped out #rememberJanuary6 #protectdemocracy
I think it shows how skilled the Gop are at messaging. He sent Chickafila, knowing that some idiots would start screaming that he sent homophobic chicken, and then they could start telling their base that all the left cares about is teh Gays and not the police officers, letting the fact that it was an insulting empty gesture get buried in the noise.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: ↑Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:24 pm
:confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
@GOPLeader
⁩ has sent bags of fried chicken to ⁦
@CapitolPolice
⁩ — am sure it’s delicious, but would prefer support for democracy and the rule of law if you’re not tapped out #rememberJanuary6 #protectdemocracy
Sounds to me like the guy who forgot his wife's birthday so he's trying to distract her with flowers so he can move out of the doghouse.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

During coverage of Oathkeeper hearings:
Will keep an eye on this. But more pressing news item is coming in a few minutes.

Standby
:waiting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: FBI releases new video of Jan 5 pipe bomb suspect sitting on bench near Democratic Natl Committee headquarters, where suspect left explosive device. Video shows full front view of suspect, per FBI

https://fbi.gov/video-repository/jan-5- ... 1.mp4/view
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!!!! More new video and map released by FBI in Jan 5 pipe bomb case.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still reading...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... ol-grounds
The Capitol Police Said Jan. 6 Unrest On Capitol Grounds Would Be “Highly Improbable”
BuzzFeed News has exclusively obtained the permits Capitol Police issued for protests on Capitol grounds for Jan. 6 — a rare window into a secretive organization and its most consequential day.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:48 am Still reading...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... ol-grounds
The Capitol Police Said Jan. 6 Unrest On Capitol Grounds Would Be “Highly Improbable”
BuzzFeed News has exclusively obtained the permits Capitol Police issued for protests on Capitol grounds for Jan. 6 — a rare window into a secretive organization and its most consequential day.
Curious, to say the least.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I've always been curious about why the Sergeant at Arms was kicked to the curb so soon after January 6.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/oath-kee ... 00a18249?y
The FBI seized an iPhone this week from a Texas attorney who volunteered for Lawyers for Trump and served as general counsel for the far-right Oath Keepers organization, and a search warrant indicates the seizure is part of an investigation into “seditious conspiracy.”

Kellye SoRelle, who was on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, told HuffPost that the FBI took her phone and presented her with a search warrant. SoRelle is closely associated with Stewart Rhodes, the founder of the Oath Keepers, who has repeatedly come up in a broader Jan. 6 case.

In a message to HuffPost on Signal that SoRelle indicated she’d sent from her computer, she called it “frustrating” that the feds had seized her phone. She wrote that she had met with two law enforcement officials at her home. They went to a “Krogers/Starbucks” and they chatted for about four hours, she wrote.

“I have so much stuff in there,” she wrote, referring to her phone. “They either think i am the mastermind or they wanted a free dig through everything ― either way it is unethical.”

A copy of the search warrant cover sheet, signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui on Aug. 30, states that the FBI seized SoRelle’s iPhone as part of an investigation into conspiracy, civil disorder, false statements, destruction of government property, obstruction of Congress, and unlawful entry on restricted buildings or grounds.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Eric "Zip Tie Guy" Munchel got kicked out of his first third party custodian's house, apparently for something he did after boozing it up. His brother is going to step in as 3rd Party.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I think Kellye SoRelle was also associated with the Gondor has no King failsuit in Texas until she had an explosive falling out with the lead "attorney." (Who had been fired from his law firm for (drumroll) attending the J6 insurrection.
Image Image Image Image
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
filly

Post by filly »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:28 pm I think Kellye SoRelle was also associated with the Gondor has no King failsuit in Texas until she had an explosive falling out with the lead "attorney." (Who had been fired from his law firm for (drumroll) attending the J6 insurrection.
Nit: IIRC it was his in-house counsel position for an insurance company. But thanks because I couldn't quite place where I'd seen her name.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

filly wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:06 pm
Estiveo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:28 pm I think Kellye SoRelle was also associated with the Gondor has no King failsuit in Texas until she had an explosive falling out with the lead "attorney." (Who had been fired from his law firm for (drumroll) attending the J6 insurrection.
Nit: IIRC it was his in-house counsel position for an insurance company. But thanks because I couldn't quite place where I'd seen her name.
Your nit has refreshed my memory, and you do remember correctly. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One of the things that's underpinning a lot of the Landon Copeland detention hearing is that he lives in a batshit corner of Utah. (cc:
@xeni
)

The pretrial officers don't want to go there, the FBI didn't want to arrest him there.

He wants to go back there.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ethan Nordean claims the DeSantis 231 law that was just enjoined is like the Federal 231 law that has been upheld.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

NEW: When Robert Pape studied those arrested at the Capitol, he thought he'd find they were driven by economic anxiety.
Instead, he found they came from places where residents were worried about immigrants and minorities taking over from white people.
While I would not be entirely surprised with economic anxiety, Pape's findings are far more expected. The biggest thing Trump wound up was the anti-immigrant and white privilege. His signature #1 issue was anti-immigrant. It is no wonder the fiercest defenders are all about that.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 am https:// twitter.com/egavactip/status/1436346967718862851
Mark Pitcavage @egavactip
These may be the whiniest insurrectionists ever.

"An alleged Capitol rioter says his ankle monitor beeps too loudly. He wants a judge to let him remove it."
An alleged Capitol rioter says his ankle monitor beeps too loudly. He wants a judge to let him...
Gabriel Garcia, who's accused of inciting a mob of rioters to charge Capitol police on Jan. 6, wants a judge to let him remove his GPS ankle monitor.
washingtonpost.com
5:12 PM · Sep 10, 2021
:think: Are you sure you are allowed to be where you are :?:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 am https:// twitter.com/egavactip/status/1436346967718862851
Mark Pitcavage @egavactip
These may be the whiniest insurrectionists ever.

"An alleged Capitol rioter says his ankle monitor beeps too loudly. He wants a judge to let him remove it."
An alleged Capitol rioter says his ankle monitor beeps too loudly. He wants a judge to let him...
Gabriel Garcia, who's accused of inciting a mob of rioters to charge Capitol police on Jan. 6, wants a judge to let him remove his GPS ankle monitor.
washingtonpost.com
5:12 PM · Sep 10, 2021
To paraphrase Elaine Benes, “They beep? I don’t know how you guys walk around with those things.”
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”