Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Uninformed

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Uninformed »

This suggests the DEA agent was not allowed to carry his weapon.

“Federal laws or regulations are not superseded by LEOSA. Qualified officers may not carry concealed weapons onto aircraft under the act. They also cannot carry firearms into federal buildings or onto federal property. However, in February 2010, a federal statute took effect authorizing individuals to carry concealed weapons into national parks if they have complied with the carry concealed rules of the state or states in which the park is located.49 Of course, this federal statute will not change the fact that it is unlawful to carry a firearm into federal buildings, even in a national park.50 This would include facilities, such as visitor’s centers, museums, and restrooms.”
(LEOSA - Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act 2004)
https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/legal-dige ... d-firearms
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:54 am
SlimSloSlider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:33 pm
Tucker Carlson: “He did not commit any crimes. He did not brandish his DEA-issued revolver.”

Er, the revolver, that’s a crime, in D.C.
On Federal property, that’s a serious crime.
As part of an attempt to prevent …
In fairness, he was an accredited DEA officer. He was actually supposed to be carrying his DEA issued weapon.

At least I believe that is so, I do not speak from direct experience so I can be corrected.
For some reason it sticks in my mind that he was some species of inactive at the time. I can't recall if he was suspended or something and I might be wrong, but I remember something anyway.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210724_183848.jpg
Heavy metal band Iced Earth’s guitarist Jon Schaffer, who pleaded guilty to charges related to the Capitol riot, had feces thrown at him and faced death threats during a hellish stint at an Indiana jail, according to his lawyer. The comments made during a March court hearing were revealed Thursday, prompting Schaffer’s transfer to a Washington, D.C., jail before he was released on bail in April. “My client, who is presumed innocent, has just gone through two months of hell where other people were throwing feces at him and urine at him and threatening his life in a horrible, horrible situation,” Schaffer’s attorney Marc Victor said at the hearing, according to the Indianapolis Star. Schaffer was segregated due to his public status but it led to prisoners tormenting him.

Schaffer, a self-described founding member of the Oath Keepers, became the first insurrectionist to plead guilty and cooperate with the feds. He is expected to face between 3.5-4.5 years in prison.
Poor bunny.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawyer-sa ... l?ref=home
Image Image Image Image
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Consequences

Be a shit, have shit thrown at you.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

When are they gonna start rounding up the ANTIFA and BLM guys who were at fault?

/s

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:46 pm Estiveoshot_20210724_183848.jpg
Heavy metal band Iced Earth’s guitarist Jon Schaffer, who pleaded guilty to charges related to the Capitol riot, had feces thrown at him and faced death threats during a hellish stint at an Indiana jail, according to his lawyer.
Assuming it’s true, this is absolutely disgraceful. When the government takes criminal defendants into custody it has an obligation to keep them safe. How the fuck does that even happen? I don’t care who they are or what they’re accused of, anyone in the custody of the government has the right to expect, at the very least, that they won’t get covered in other inmates’ shit.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Violence in detention can be minimised

But it cuts into the facilities profits..
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 pm When are they gonna start rounding up the ANTIFA and BLM guys who were at fault?

/s
As in Portland, the "antifa" that get arrested are cops causing trouble outside their jurisdiction, but get a courtesy release as soon as it's determined they are actually blue bloods.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A crowd Donald Trump will never see.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 am A crowd Donald Trump will never see.
Wait up, didn't he claim more than a 1 Million on Jan 6 for his Insurrection Rally?

Oh-- I forgot, fuzzy math -- like the inauguration crowd numbers of 2016
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Federal prosecutor tells judge the Justice Dept is still downloading information from phones from US Capitol Insurrection. And it has begun “debriefing” defendants who have pleaded guilty. A tidal wave of evidence is growing taller
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This was specifically to debunk Squidney, but I think the numbers are more interesting in this context than that one.

(Squidney is trying to raise cash -color me astonished- for her to help the "hundreds" of 1/6 defendants "in jail")
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

5. Why did Giuliani receive Secret Service protection on Jan. 6?

A little know fact revealed thanks to #FOIA release via
@CREWcrew

cc:
@WhitneyWReports

https://justsecurity.org/wp-content/upl ... 2021-2.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
‘Some are still suffering’: Months after Capitol riot, police who fought the mob contend with physical, psychological pain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:35 am
Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 am https:// twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1412781284829638657
Court orders General Counsel of US House of Representatives to respond by July 27 to request by Rep Mo Brooks (R-AL) to certify he was acting in the "scope of his employment" on Jan 6

Brooks is being sued by Rep Eric Swalwell (D-CA) for role in inciting Insurrection
:whistle:
Is it in the "scope of employment" for a member of Congress to speak to a rally, especially a (post-)election rally of a candidate? Wouldn't such a speech be considered in the private sphere of an elected official?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Mo is so loved, look at the likes in just a few short hours. :lol:

Mo.JPG
Mo.JPG (113.68 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Here's the filing: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 6.33.0.pdf

Here's Mo's fiery speech from 1/6. Hadn't really watched all the sedition.

Hey, The Spork should walk over to Mo's house and offer to help, maybe The Sporks and Bunny Dog could live at Mo's for a while.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
tek

Post by tek »

FL candidate for governor, currently Ag Commissioner ..

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just a reminder;

"The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding...And a fact-finding commission would be prudent."
-- Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 am Just a reminder;

"The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding...And a fact-finding commission would be prudent."
-- Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021
;) of course he never was thinking of having Democrats take seat in his fact-finding commission :blackeye:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“You went inside?”

“How could I not?"

Daniel Christmann, a New York plumber and former political candidate, has been charged for storming the Capitol on Jan. 6.

(H/T
@ZoeTillman
)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Good.

:yeahthat:

I heard a couple pundits on MSNBC the other day saying that none of the former guy's appointees, hires, etc. could be forced to testify because of "executive privilege"*. That gave me whiplash.

I also heard that the Commission will go straight to subpoenas, skipping the "will you please come?" stage. LIve and learn.

*I use quotation marks because I've been reading John Deans' The Nixon Defense, which is 90 percent transcribed from Nixon's tapes. And their discussion of "executive privilege," plus how it has been used primarily to conceal crimes and malfeasance, is sickening.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re "executive privilege"

Who grants that privilege? Is it the current adminsitration, or is a current administration bound by declarations of a prior administration?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”