Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

NEW: According to court filing from Jan 6 defense lawyer, between 300-400 are presently quarantined at the DC jail.... where multiple sources tell me there's been a new increase in COVID spread

Jan 6 defendant Pauline Bauer, who's made conflicting statements on being Sovereign Citizen, was jailed for violating court restrictions
Now, Bauer seeks release, citing stress & financial burden of detention. Bauer was representing herself in case, but uses lawyer for motion

NEW: Jan 6 defendant Sam Lazar makes new request for release from jail. Lazar is accused of assaulting police, deploying chemical spray, carrying bullhorn
In request, among other things, defense says Lazar brought bullhorn to... "project patriotic and Christian music at rally"[
:violin: :violin: :violin: for all. I'd sure like a pity party emoji for these guys :lol:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Patriotic music ?
► Show Spoiler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:34 am Patriotic music ?
► Show Spoiler
:roll: :roll: :roll:

More videos out:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

How McCarthy and his elk can see these videos and still spout the peaceful tourists line is beyond me. They really are quite despicable garbage people (McCarthy et. all). I mean, there's just no other explanation.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm How McCarthy and his elk can see these videos and still spout the peaceful tourists line is beyond me. They really are quite despicable garbage people (McCarthy et. all). I mean, there's just no other explanation.
Because the GQP has mainstreamed crazy now, and they are the base of the party now...did I say party, I'm sorry I meant mob....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:21 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm How McCarthy and his elk can see these videos and still spout the peaceful tourists line is beyond me. They really are quite despicable garbage people (McCarthy et. all). I mean, there's just no other explanation.
Because the GQP has mainstreamed crazy now, and they are the base of the party now...did I say party, I'm sorry I meant mob....
Cult?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lazar’s lawyer also argues that the 35-year-old with the teenage girlfriend "suffers from chronic back pain.” https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 27.0_1.pdf
filly

Post by filly »

I know just a bit about spinal discs. I don't think "crushed" is a medical term.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! Go direstly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

NEW: Jan 6 defendant Sam Lazar makes new request for release from jail. Lazar is accused of assaulting police, deploying chemical spray, carrying bullhorn

I may be mistaken, but I've heard that only 50 or 60 of those arrested are actually in custody.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

filly wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:12 pm I know just a bit about spinal discs. I don't think "crushed" is a medical term.
:shock:

Maybe I should just say the disc between L4 and L5 is "squashed".

Or "gushed like a bug". :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:55 pm
filly wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:12 pm I know just a bit about spinal discs. I don't think "crushed" is a medical term.
:shock:

Maybe I should just say the disc between L4 and L5 is "squashed".

Or "gushed like a bug". :lol:
I believe the term is herniated. Vertebrae can be crushed because they are bone.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Back pain didn’t stop him from seditioning.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
Herniated is when the pad between the discs is damaged, but, yes, a disc can break down in many different ways. Cervical, or spinal, disc disease covers the lot.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
My disc between L4 and L5 is definitely gushed like a bug, since 1974. It's a feature.

I try not to let it slow me down. :whistle:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
slq

Post by slq »

Objection: Assumes facts not in evidence. :notlistening:
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I got a gushed L5-S1.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/9 ... l-on-Jan-6
Judge calls ‘Sheriff’ patch man donned for Capitol insurrection ‘outrageous’

Arrested mid-August for his part in the insurrection, McAbee, 27, was seen via a Metropolitan Police officer’s body-worn video dragging the officer to the ground and repeatedly hitting and kicking him in the head and body. However, on September 8, a Tennessee federal magistrate judge ordered McAbee released with conditions you might give a middle schooler. Ordering him to “refrain from using social media or other websites related to the insurrection.” Obviously, Tennessee takes care of its own.

Federal prosecutors filed an emergency appeal of the judge’s ruling, and Wednesday, the case was reviewed before U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan. Sullivan referred to the video as “very disturbing” and called McAbee’s “Sheriff” patch “outrageous.”

Sullivan voiced his doubts about McAbee being able to follow the ridiculous restrictions imposed by the magistrate.

“He’s raised his right hand, probably put his left hand on the Bible, more than once and swore to administer justice,” Sullivan said. “If he didn’t do that on Jan. 6, how can the court take any comfort in knowing that he will abide by the court’s directives to do certain things going forward?”

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can't lie. That made me grin.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:21 pm I can't lie. That made me grin.
I just read this Raw Story article about her and it tickled me greatly.
"It's pretty clear we are not going to get anywhere," Bauer told the judge, asking to go before an appeals court and never referencing the arguments her court-appointed attorney made on her behalf.

At that point, McFadden shut down the hearing and sent Bauer back to jail.

"This has been a uniquely and profoundly self-destructive episode," MacFarlane wrote. "Bauer faces low-level charges and likely wasn't going to face much, if any time behind bars. Now she's back for week 2 in pretrial detention. With no trial firmly on calendar."

According to Washington Post reporter Rachel Weiner, after Bauer quoted the Bible, McFadden responded by saying, "Romans 13: Let every person be subject to the governing authorities."

"I am not a person," Bauer reportedly responded. :thumbsup: :dance:
https://www.rawstory.com/pauline-bauer-capitol-riot/
tek

Post by tek »

Bauer needs to file a Writ of Habeas Doofus :crazy:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Notaperson wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:09 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:21 pm I can't lie. That made me grin.
I just read this Raw Story article about her and it tickled me greatly.
"It's pretty clear we are not going to get anywhere," Bauer told the judge, asking to go before an appeals court and never referencing the arguments her court-appointed attorney made on her behalf.

At that point, McFadden shut down the hearing and sent Bauer back to jail.

"This has been a uniquely and profoundly self-destructive episode," MacFarlane wrote. "Bauer faces low-level charges and likely wasn't going to face much, if any time behind bars. Now she's back for week 2 in pretrial detention. With no trial firmly on calendar."

According to Washington Post reporter Rachel Weiner, after Bauer quoted the Bible, McFadden responded by saying, "Romans 13: Let every person be subject to the governing authorities."

"I am not a person," Bauer reportedly responded. :thumbsup: :dance:
https://www.rawstory.com/pauline-bauer-capitol-riot/
These are the people who routinely escalate a simple traffic stop into two years in prison.

So, she might spend months in prison, when she could be home with her family and friends (assuming she has any), but she'd rather spend that time in jail. If she is acquitted, she'll crow loudly that she achieved a major victory, when she could have gotten off with no time at all.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Data from Oath Keepers leaked online after alleged hack
The breach includes emails, chat logs, and details on members and donors.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/oath-keepers-hack/

More info on this thread from @MikaelThalen

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”