Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

filly

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by filly »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Do they know this time the jury won't be rigged? :bored:

On the other hand if they get paid...they'll make more than they ever did from Zee Furher.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:19 pm I was wrong about that, still not particularly devious though, after all that time and effort.
I'm just easilly impressed. :oldman:
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/capit ... ar-AAKqag1
Capitol riot suspect Douglas Jensen blames 'pack of lies,' seeks jail release

Douglas Jensen, in a document filed by his attorney, said he believed he was a "true patriot" for going to Washington at the urging of President Donald Trump. He said his intention was to only observe.

Jensen's claims he is "a victim of numerous conspiracy theories that were being fed to him over the internet by a number of very clever people, who were uniquely equipped with slight, if any, moral or social consciousness."

Jensen neither threatened physical harm to anyone nor destroyed property. Jensen had his work pocketknife on him for protection when he went to the Trump rally preceding the march to the Capitol, Davis said in the court filing.

Video and photographs of Jensen have been widely distributed, showing him wearing a QAnon shirt as he pursued Capitol Police officer Eugene Goodman as a mob follows them up the stairs inside the Capitol.
BB1doAJv.jpeg
BB1doAJv.jpeg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

These asshats need to take a little personal responsibility. Everything isn't always someone else's fault. They made their beds, now they get to reap their fields of what they've sown. And so on, and so forth.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

:yeahthat:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

yet another

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/capit ... ar-AAKqag1
Capitol riot suspect Douglas Jensen blames 'pack of lies,' seeks jail release

Douglas Jensen, in a document filed by his attorney, said he believed he was a "true patriot" for going to Washington at the urging of President Donald Trump. He said his intention was to only observe.

Jensen's claims he is "a victim of numerous conspiracy theories that were being fed to him over the internet by a number of very clever people, who were uniquely equipped with slight, if any, moral or social consciousness."

Jensen neither threatened physical harm to anyone nor destroyed property. Jensen had his work pocketknife on him for protection when he went to the Trump rally preceding the march to the Capitol, Davis said in the court filing.

Video and photographs of Jensen have been widely distributed, showing him wearing a QAnon shirt as he pursued Capitol Police officer Eugene Goodman as a mob follows them up the stairs inside the Capitol.

BB1doAJv.jpeg
I want to hear him say he was fed a "pack of lies by trump." Then I'll laugh and laugh...
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
Many of those charged in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol have blamed former president Donald Trump for their actions, saying he riled them with his claims of election fraud and his promises to join them in fighting it.

Now, Trump’s continued refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election is helping to keep some of those supporters behind bars.

“The steady drumbeat that inspired defendant to take up arms has not faded away; six months later, the canard that the election was stolen is being repeated daily on major news outlets and from the corridors of power in state and federal government, not to mention the near-daily fulminations of the former President,” U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson wrote recently in denying bond to a Colorado man. The man is accused of driving to Washington with two firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition after threatening to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D).
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Meanwhile, a bunch of Proud Boys (or sympathizers) got a banner into the Marlins-Rockies game last night that said "FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Attorney for Jan 6 defendant Jerry Ryals of Oklahoma told a judge they're trying to resolve his case, before trial

Court hearing set for August

Per feds, Ryals posted after riot: "We reclaimed our Capitol... things are headed in the direction of a Revolutionary war"
raison de arizona

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:58 pm Meanwhile, a bunch of Proud Boys (or sympathizers) got a banner into the Marlins-Rockies game last night that said "FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS."
"FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS 1/6/21"

Political prisoners??? Seriously??? They have them on video ferchrissakes.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

WOW:

In request to judge to hold accused OathKeeper Jason Dolan in jail until trial in Jan 6 case... US Justice Dept alleges...

Dolan hid guns & "is espousing a troubling conspiracy theory... Capitol Police wanted rioters to come into the building & disengaged magnetic locks"
raison de arizona

I also am struck by: "In addition, Defendant Dolan recruited others to the Oath Keepers and has since taken significant efforts to delete or secrete evidence."

In other news...

He looks like a delightful tourist.
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

“Free Political Prisoners”?

With every jumbo package of Fruit Loops!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Trump's impeachment lawyers, Castor and Van der Meer, argued at the trial that Trump had done nothing wrong, and that the insurrection on Jan. 6 was all the rioters' fault.

Are they now going to argue that their clients were acting at the behest or at least the inspiration of Trump?

They seem to be very proud that Trump was acquitted. Hell, I could have gotten him acquitted, and I wouldn't have even had to show up. It was a foregone conclusion that Trump would be acquitted. Trump should have saved himself the legal fees. Maybe he did. Has he paid them for their work? They were more successful at their task than Rudy was at his.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Former Trump Administration State Dept appointee Federico Klein appears at court hearing at 10am in his US Capitol riot case

**Court docket lists "Pretrial violation" and recommended action by judge**

I'll be covering hearing...
And...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (28.4 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

A lot of those arrested and charged for participating in the insurrection are going to learn that they have very little info with which to negotiate a satisfactory plea deal. :violin:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bob

Post by bob »

VICE wrote:He was quickly moved to the Freedom of Information Act desk, a gruntwork detail one State Department official described as “the island of misfit toys.”
That really inspires confidence in FOIA responses. :smoking:

I wonder whether he processed any responses related to Secretary Clinton.
Image ImageImage
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Yummy new conspiracy indictment for 6 California III%ers, including 2 who were with Stone on 1-5.

:bunny: :bunny: :cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1:

Article

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/three- ... 021-06-10/
Federal prosecutors have charged six members of the Three Percenters right-wing militia group with conspiring to attack the U.S. Capitol, the latest in a series of such charges arising from the Jan. 6 riot by former President Donald Trump's supporters.

The charges against the six men, all from California, were disclosed in an indictment unsealed on Thursday in federal court in Washington. Two of them, Alan Hostetter and Russell Taylor, were seen a day before the riot with Roger Stone, a friend and adviser to Trump, during a protest outside the U.S. Supreme Court against the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

About 30 people - including members of two other right-wing groups, The Oath Keepers and The Proud Boys - have been accused of conspiracy, the most serious charges related to the riot. Those pending cases are the largest and most complex of the roughly 500 brought by the Justice Department since the attack.

Indictment

https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files ... ctment.pdf
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

LM K wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:29 pm A lot of those arrested and charged for participating in the insurrection are going to learn that they have very little info with which to negotiate a satisfactory plea deal. :violin:
The prosecutors may offer them a deal anyway, to save the time and expense of a trial. They've got almost 500 people to process. They may decide to give the little fish an out to minimize jail time or simply get probation.

I hope that none of them are allowed to plead guilty to misdemeanors. They need a felony conviction so that they can't possess guns.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

The entire thread is LOLworthy
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:like:

According to Scott MacFarlane and his excellent reporting, there are lots of detention hearings today. Oh, and he says he'll be on MSNBC at 11:30 AM to discuss.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”