Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

An alleged Capitol rioter was re-arrested after federal agents learned he bought 37 weapons and wrote online: "the only voice these people will now listen to is violence"

It underscores the ongoing threat posed by those still spreading dangerous lies about the 2020 election.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HEADS-UP: Hearing in 30 minutes in Jan 6 case of Alex Harkrider

Harkrider's case is worth watching

Last month, the feds cited ongoing baseless statements from Donald Trump as reason to hold Harkrider under court restrictions til trial

Let's see what judge says today
:lol: In the comments with that tweet:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BOOM: Judge says "active political disputes" and the protest by GOP Members of Congress outside DC jail yesterday add "concerns" for court
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not helping, counselor.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still going on. Another one covering it:

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:22 pm Still going on. Another one covering it:

"He can't wear a mask indoors without becoming very anxious".

No problem. Its July. Hold his hearings in the parking lot of the court house.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

My friend's 30 year old son is also autistic, so much so that he can't attend school or hold a job or anything else, and he can wear a mask. As a matter of fact, he won't let anyone in his house leave without one on and wears his own inside the house. Goodwyn isn't so autistic he can't riot at the capitol.

He can wear a fucking mask in court.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:53 pm He can wear a fucking mask in court.
Some people truly enjoy just being assholes
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

It is very difficult for me to have any sympathy for this defendant even if he really was autistic. He is hanging out and claiming to be a member of a far-right group. These people are always screaming that the wimpy men need to be a man and suck it up. Apparently, that argument does apply when suddenly it turns on them.

I noticed the excuse is now moved to wearing a mask indoors. Has the prosecution picked up photos of him wearing a mask at previous Texas protests, as some of the RWNJ have done for 2nd amendment and other "look at me tough guy" rallies?
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendant Luke Bender was arrested in Fairfax, Virginia, yesterday. Case unsealed today. He was wearing the same attire in the Senate chamber as he wore in his posts on TikTok. A colleague and a high school tipped off the FBI.
Do go to the link and see what the reporter's found on his TikTok thingy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:53 pm He can wear a fucking mask in court.
I would think if he is that close to the edge, he maybe should be disqualified from owning or possessing a firearm. :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Lani

Post by Lani »

In the early days of life with covid, there were a lot of articles about autism and masks, working with a therapist, sensory integration therapy, etc. Our DOH reached out to people with anxiety, autism, and/or other developmental disabilities to provide them with information and therapy to help them wear a mask. I'm told that initially it was rough for some people, but eventually everything worked out. Some clients still needed to briefly remove the mask, breathe deeply, relax, and put it back on.

Here's one of the many documents about the situation.

Helping people with autism spectrum disorder manage masks and COVID-19 tests
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/hel ... 0061020089

So, yeah, that is a thing. That doesn't mean Goodwyn can't wear a mask. And if he really can't wear one without an anxiety episode, he should at least work with an autism therapist to reduce the discomfort.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Wearing a mask causes him anxiety...but being part of a violent insurrection, he's totally cool with that... :think:

Sounds legit :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

old, from February, just for the fun
Texting From The Capitol, PA Man Called His Ex-Girlfriend A ‘Moron.’ She Turned Him In
By NPR News | February 25, 2021

One of the rioters accused of storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was turned in by his ex-girlfriend after sending her several videos and texts from the scene, including one calling her a “moron,” court documents show.

Richard Michetti is facing charges of knowingly entering a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and obstruction of justice/Congress, according to a Feb. 17 criminal complaint. The Ridley Park, Pa., resident was arraigned Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia and released on unsecured bail with electronic monitoring, reports the Morning Call.

Michetti is represented by Philadelphia-based federal public defender Kathleen Gaughan, according to the Morning Call. She did not respond to a request for comment.

A 10-page statement of facts details Michetti’s texts to the unnamed woman on Jan. 5 and Jan. 6, in which he repeated conspiracy theories about the presidential election being stolen and described the chaotic scenes unfolding at the Capitol complex. She reported him to law enforcement the following day, turning over his personal information as well as texts, videos and photos.

Their text exchanges indicate she had tried to push back on his baseless claims of election fraud.

“If you can’t see the election was stolen you’re a moron,” Michetti texted her at approximately 4:26 p.m. ET. Minutes earlier, according to an NPR timeline, then-President Trump had tweeted a video repeating his claims of a stolen election and downplaying the insurrection.

https://wskg.org/news/texting-from-the- ... ed-him-in/

was sent home by judge with monitoring https:// twitter.com/Kim585/status/1365152571837591555
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:18 pm
MsDaisy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm
I would think if he is that close to the edge, he maybe should be disqualified from owning or possessing a firearm. :whistle:
Even if he was disqualified it wouldn't stop him from acquiring any kind of weapons and ammo his little pocket could afford. :(
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Is our children learning?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

(CNN)A DC police officer who responded to the US Capitol insurrection has died by suicide, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

"Officer Gunther Hashida, assigned to the Emergency Response Team within the Special Operations Division, was found deceased in his residence on Thursday, July 29," department spokesperson Kristen Metzger told CNN in a statement.
Hashida joined the Metropolitan Police Department in 2003 and responded to the Capitol on January 6, Metzger said.
"We are grieving as a Department and our thoughts and prayers are with Officer Hashida's family and friends," Metzger said.
And for those just asking questions about Officer Dunn :doh: the article goes on to note:
"I want to take this moment and speak to my fellow officers about the emotions they are continuing to experience from the events of January 6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking professional counseling," Dunn said.

"What we all went through that day was traumatic, and if you are hurting, please take advantage of the counseling services that are available to us."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics ... index.html
filly

Post by filly »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

People had better go to prison for this, and I don't mean the random useful idiots littering jails cells already. This disease needs to be cut from our society and allowed to die by neglect. The only way that happens is when the ones who knew better but agitated for their own self interest are held responsible.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

OMFG! :eek:

And yet again, reminder that Trump instigated this. These deaths are on him!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 pm OMFG! :eek:

And yet again, reminder that Trump instigated this. These deaths are on him!
Along with the deaths of his insane followers.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Who killed Ashli Babbitt!?!?

You did, Trump. You did.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

That this has to even be fact checked shows how fucked up things are
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"It's not going to be a FUN Trump Rally that is planned for January 6th, its a WAR!”

Pam Hemphill of Boise, Idaho, has been arrested in connection with the Capitol attack. Charging documents just unsealed in D.C.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”