Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.causes.com/articles/47665-s ... y-6th-riot
Select Committee Hears Testimony From Police Officers Who Defended Capitol During January 6th Riot
Full coverage with link to hearing and related articles.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex ... s-n1275327
Ex-New York senate candidate charged in Capitol riot asked friends to delete Jan. 6 videos
Daniel Christmann was taken into custody Wednesday on charges of disorderly conduct, entering a restricted building and demonstrating in a Capitol building.

A former candidate for the New York state senate charged in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol asked people to delete videos and photos of him inside the building after his friends began to get arrested.

Daniel Christmann was taken into custody Wednesday on charges of disorderly conduct, entering a restricted building and demonstrating in a Capitol building, according to the Department of Justice.

Federal authorities said several people reached out to investigators with the FBI to provide information on Christmann's participation in the riot. A criminal complaint states that Christmann made several posts on his "dannyforsenate" Instagram account showing a large crowd of people inside the Capitol.

He had also shared a video of a man yelling, "We want Nancy ...we want the rest of them." The FBI said it believes the man, who was not Christmann, was referring to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and other lawmakers.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thread at the link. Seems like a nice guy, real touristy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Federal prosecutors & former Trump Administration appointee Federico Klein are arguing over possession of his cellphone in Klein's January 6th case.

Klein wants it back. Feds tell judge encrypted SIGNAL messages on Klein's phone will be evidence at trial
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Amazing. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz and Louis Gohmert were just denied entry to the jail holding fellow January 6th insurrectionists.

Those jail guards are patriots.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Check-in isn't until 3. Their rooms aren't ready yet.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Jim

Post by Jim »

I like the "fellow insurrectionists" part, adds a nice touch.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:27 pm
Amazing. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz and Louis Gohmert were just denied entry to the jail holding fellow January 6th insurrectionists.

Those jail guards are patriots.
Oh! There's video!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I assume they never talked to the BOC or the court to even set up an appointment to visit prisoners. They just show up and demand to be let in. I assume they knew (well at least Goober knew) that it would be denied.

Bringing cameras into the facility would also be a major no-no and shows they only want to do this for publicity.

Nothing but grift theater.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Moar!

tek

Post by tek »

Gohmert looks like he's passing a kidney stone in that frame
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm I assume they never talked to the BOC or the court to even set up an appointment to visit prisoners. They just show up and demand to be let in.
That's definitely how that clip reads: they attempted to use their congressional pins as all-access VIP passes, and were "surprised" when they didn't work.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So lemme getthis straight, 'Standing up for Felons" is now a GOP bullet point issue?

Gotcha.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The end times are upon us:

https://deadstate.org/michele-bachmann- ... r-been-in/

Michele Bachmann: DC on Jan 6 ‘was one of the happiest places I’ve ever been in’
In a video from this Tuesday, Former congresswoman Michele Bachmann commented on the first hearing held by the U.S. House Select Committee to investigate the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, saying the attack was actually carried out by a mob of Biden supporters.

Standing outside the Capitol, Bachmann claimed that Trump supporters had nothing to do with the riot, saying those who gathered that day for the “Stop the Steal” rally were peaceful Christians who came to pray.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Uh.wait. There was rioting, but it all made her happy :?:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

So here's the thing.

There is a long history of senators and congresspersons getting things done for various constituents, but it almost never involves standing in front of cameras adjusting your shirt.

It was wrong when Dems showed up at the border detention centers unannounced, and it is wrong for these assholes to show up at this 'prison' unannounced. In a facility such as this, you can't just let randos come in and wander around - just not enough staff to control the facility in the face of that.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Once upon a time this would outrage me, but I’ve listened to enough people on this board to recognize that this about showing up for trial at this point, not punishment. Anyway.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:56 am Once upon a time this would outrage me, but I’ve listened to enough people on this board to recognize that this about showing up for trial at this point, not punishment. Anyway.
Remarkable what you can ask for and receive when you are white.
raison de arizona

/thread goes downhill from here as the judge questions the plea agreement.
Howell: This is not a real cooperation agreement? A real cooperation agreement, defendant agrees to testify at a trial. That's not in this cooperation agreement is it?

AUSA: No that's not in this plea agreement.
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:29 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:56 am Once upon a time this would outrage me, but I’ve listened to enough people on this board to recognize that this about showing up for trial at this point, not punishment. Anyway.
Remarkable what you can ask for and receive when you are white.
It truly is.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/stat ... 34916?s=21
Too bad the defendant didn't think of going to Cancun for vacation/"tourism" instead of Wash. D.C.
Did Ted Cruz invite him there on this trip, or something?

Sorry, If you are facing federal prosecution and are on pre=trial release, you don't get to leave the country to go play.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

A view from the other side (of sanity):

“The Jan. 6th Show Trials Threaten All of Us” by Ron Paul:
https://redoubtnews.com/2021/07/the-jan ... all-of-us/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Eye bleach!! Get yer eye bleach here! :biggrin:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:46 am A view from the other side (of sanity):

“The Jan. 6th Show Trials Threaten All of Us” by Ron Paul:
https://redoubtnews.com/2021/07/the-jan ... all-of-us/
Somebody hurry up and wheel grandpa's senile a$$ back to the nursing home...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”