Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Dr. Ken

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://oversight.house.gov/legislation ... ns-part-ii
Washington D.C. (June 11, 2021)—On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at 2:00 p.m., Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, the Chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, will hold a hybrid hearing to examine the events of January 6, 2021, in which insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol to disrupt a joint session of Congress convened to count the Electoral College votes of the 2020 presidential election. This hearing will address unanswered questions about the January 6 insurrection, including the Trump Administration’s failure to anticipate, prepare for, and respond adequately to the attack.

This is the Committee’s second hearing examining the January 6 insurrection. On May 12, 2021, the Committee held a hearing with former Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller and former Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen. During the hearing, both witnesses admitted that President Trump never contacted them on January 6 to urge swift action to protect the Capitol. Former Acting Attorney General Rosen also refused to say whether President Trump directed Justice Department officials to help overturn the 2020 election during an Oval Office meeting three days before the January 6 insurrection.

WITNESSES
General Charles E. Flynn
Commanding General, U.S. Army Pacific

Lieutenant General Walter E. Piatt
Director of the Army Staff, United States Army

Ms. Yogananda Pittman
Acting Chief, U.S. Capitol Police

The Honorable Christopher Wray
Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In light of the new docs showing Trump's efforts to undermine the 2020 election, House Oversight wants transcribed interviews with:

Ex-WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows
Ex-Acting Deputy AG Richard Donoghue
Ex-Assistant AG Jeffrey Clark
Ex-U.S. Attorney in Georgia Byung Jin Pak
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Subpoena them all!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dana Rohrabacher, the former Republican congressman who has been called "Putin's favorite congressman" due to his prominent pro-Russia opinions and an unusual friendship with the Russian president, attended the Capitol riot on Jan. 6.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:10 pm
In light of the new docs showing Trump's efforts to undermine the 2020 election, House Oversight wants transcribed interviews with:

Ex-WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows
Ex-Acting Deputy AG Richard Donoghue
Ex-Assistant AG Jeffrey Clark
Ex-U.S. Attorney in Georgia Byung Jin Pak
I think they also need to have a serious talk with the former Chief of the Capitol Hill Police. I seem to remember those officers were specifically prohibited from using or carrying certain equipment on that day. Equipment they generally carry and that would have been helpful in this very situation. I think the only reason the Jan 6th insurrection did not work is because the officials who were complicit and wanted to help carry out the overthrow of the election knew they could not direct their subordinates to participate in the insurrection. But, they sure as hell could prevent those people from preventing the insurrection. Which is exactly what I believe is part of what happened that day. I believe the people who could have stopped the rioters were deliberately deprived of the tools and equipment and assistance they would have needed to put down the insurrection easily.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Forget his name, but the Ranking Member opened up with talking about anything but what the hearing was about. Fauci's emails, border crises and I forget what else.

Katie Porter's on this committee. I hope she's there, fired and ready to ask questions... :boxing:
Talks2Eagles2

Post by Talks2Eagles2 »

:boxing: If Katie Porter is there, expect some scathing questions delivered civilly, succinctly and with laser precision. She is the BEST !!
tek

Post by tek »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN) - A private Proud Boys audio chat that was made public Tuesday shows how the right-wing group fell into dysfunction and finger-pointing as its members got arrested after the US Capitol riot.
Defense attorneys for Ethan Nordean, a leader of the Proud Boys in Washington state, released a rough transcript of the audio messages in a court filing. The FBI, which had seized Nordean's cell phone, found the audio clips on the Telegram app and produced the transcript. Prosecutors gave it to Nordean's lawyers as part of their legal obligations to turn over evidence to criminal defendants.
"We are f--ked...they are coming for us," one member said, according to court filings, which say the chat happened on February 1 as the national manhunt for Capitol rioters ramped up.
[...]
Another member said that the situation "completely f--king crashes and burns on us." The same person went on to criticize other Proud Boys who handled communications and security on January 6, saying, "I mean, f--k, 'tifa looks like professionals compared to us," referring to Antifa.
:rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gym Jordan :explode:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Talks2Eagles2 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:50 pm :boxing: If Katie Porter is there, expect some scathing questions delivered civilly, succinctly and with laser precision. She is the BEST !!
Yes. She. Is.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Talks2Eagles2 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:50 pm :boxing: If Katie Porter is there, expect some scathing questions delivered civilly, succinctly and with laser precision. She is the BEST !!
Did she bring her whiteboard? If she brought the WB, stick a fork in 'em.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still :waiting:

Gasar is asking Wray about Ashlee Babbitt (sp?)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:37 pm Still :waiting:

What a turd. What is it with dentists, mine have always been cool?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:40 pm

What a turd. What is it with dentists, mine have always been cool?
https:// twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1404901068480385029?s=20
:torches:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I heard that. He was beyond ridiculous. The police officer who shot Babbit was "lying in wait" and she was "unarmed". Yeah, and an hour prior to crawling through the window, ignoring orders to "stop!" she was drooling over the idea of participating in an event that she believed would culminate in the execution of fellow Americans without a proper trial. So, fuck her and good riddance to fucken bad trash.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

how much trouble would, say, Christopher Wray get into if he'd looked Gosar in the eye and said, "That's a load of crap."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:44 pm So, fuck her and good riddance to fucken bad trash.
I've said it before on this thread: crucify all of them for defiling the Cathedral of Democracy in this country.

:torches: :fuckyou:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here's Gym Jordan's five minutes of infamy today. :torches:

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm I think they also need to have a serious talk with the former Chief of the Capitol Hill Police. I seem to remember those officers were specifically prohibited from using or carrying certain equipment on that day. Equipment they generally carry and that would have been helpful in this very situation. I think the only reason the Jan 6th insurrection did not work is because the officials who were complicit and wanted to help carry out the overthrow of the election knew they could not direct their subordinates to participate in the insurrection. But, they sure as hell could prevent those people from preventing the insurrection. Which is exactly what I believe is part of what happened that day. I believe the people who could have stopped the rioters were deliberately deprived of the tools and equipment and assistance they would have needed to put down the insurrection easily.
This one, unlike the DOJ and the Pentagon, should not be susceptible to White House demands. The Capitol Police report to the Sergeant of Arms of the house and Senate along with the Architect of the Capitol, all of which is Congress, not the Executive Branch. I don't know if it would be an intentional stand-down mentality or being entirely oblivious to the danger from a bunch of angry white folk. How much did they still live in a world where right-wing terrorism is not considered a thing.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:52 pm Here's Gym Jordan's five minutes of infamy today. :torches:

For Gym...

:fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :mad2: :fuckyou:

Eat my shit you treasonous fuckwad.

Pardon the rather undignified language.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:52 pm Here's Gym Jordan's five minutes of infamy today. :torches:

https:// twitter.com/Acyn/status/1404893962783973377
For Gym...

:fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :mad2: :fuckyou:

Eat my shit you treasonous fuckwad.

Pardon the rather undignified language.
You go, I'm with you. F*** them all.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

#BREAKING Officer Fanone just ran into
@Rep_Clyde
at Capitol (he’s the “Jan 6 was a typical tour” guy). Fanone introduced himself as “someone who fought to defend the Capitol” and put out his hand. Clyde refused to shake it. To honor Trump,
@housegop
will dishonor the police.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What an incredible douche bag supporter of law and order.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I just called Officer Fanone and confirmed this story. This is really incredible. Also relayed an interaction he had with another members Chief of Staff that was really incredibly bad and disrespectful.
Looks like Swalwell will be on with Joy Reid this afternoon. I'm sure this will come up.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”