Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by northland10 »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 pm So in other words, they'll take anyone. Lol.
Send money.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:40 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm Isn’t 20 kinda young to be an Oathkeeper?

As I remember, when Oathkeepers were formed during the TeaBagger days, the name came from the oath they took as military member & their assertion that the oath didn’t expire when they were discharged.
Yeah seems hinky to me, but fwiw it is CURRENT and former law enforcement and military.

The simplest explanation here is that they've lowered their expectations, of course.
I remember, back in the tea bagger days, and Oath Keepers were just starting to get going, I engaged with a couple on some forum or other (maybe Above Top Secret). They were recruiting for former LEO and military to help support the Constitution.

Me and a couple of other folks were trying to figure out what part of the Constitution they were trying to support. The best I could figure out they wanted to support EVERY part of the Constitution that they could possibly misinterpret in a way that only they knew what it meant. Not unusual for groups at that time, but they were willing to use violence to "honor the oaths". When I asked 'who does the Constitution say is supposed to interpret the Constitution - their answer was 'We The People'. The discussion deteriorated from there.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

As I understand it, their support for the Constitution is pretty much the Second Amendment and the 3/5 clause.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Accused OathKeeper Caleb Berry has pleaded guilty in US Capitol riot case to conspiracy and obstruction of official proceeding

Berry is 20. He's the 4th OathKeeper to plead guilty (3rd to conspiracy) And he's agreeing to help the feds
Isn’t 20 kinda young to be an Oathkeeper?

As I remember, when Oathkeepers were formed during the TeaBagger days, the name came from the oath they took as military member & their assertion that the oath didn’t expire when they were discharged.
You can join any branch of the military at 17.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/politics ... index.html
CNN —

The Department of Defense inspector general is launching a review of the Pentagon’s and White House’s ability to keep the “nuclear football” secure during a crisis, following an incident on January 6 when rioters came within 100 feet of the backup “football.”

The inspector general will evaluate the policies and procedures around the Presidential Emergency Satchel, also known as the “nuclear football,” in the event that it is “lost, stolen, or compromised,” according to an announcement from the DoD IG’s office.

The “nuclear football” stays close to the president at all times. There is a backup “football” that stays close to the vice president in the event that the president is unable to carry out his nuclear launch responsibilities. The briefcase contains equipment and decision-making papers that the president or, in the event the president is not able to, the vice president needs to authenticate orders for and to launch a nuclear strike.

The review was largely precipitated by congressional concerns following the events of January 6 on Capitol Hill, when rioters came within 100 feet of then-Vice President Mike Pence and the military aide accompanying him carrying the backup “football,” according to several defense officials.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But they were just tourists who wanted a photo.
deagazio-trump-nuclear-football.JPG
deagazio-trump-nuclear-football.JPG (59.89 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35 am But they were just tourists who wanted a photo.

Rick was the man, until he was stupid enough to pose for this photo at Mar-a-Lago. He got dismissed from this post as a security issue. Probably lost his career too. Was around the 2nd year of the Idji0t-in-chief was sticking around in the FL Winter White House. :brickwallsmall:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:00 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35 am But they were just tourists who wanted a photo.

Rick was the man, until he was stupid enough to pose for this photo at Mar-a-Lago. He got dismissed from this post as a security issue. Probably lost his career too. Was around the 2nd year of the Idji0t-in-chief was sticking around in the FL Winter White House. :brickwallsmall:
Thanks for that. I wondered about that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Just another unarmed tourist.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

But...they said it was peaceful and there were no guns there :brickwallsmall:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

All others that owned and travelled with guns were clever enough to leave them in a safe spot in Virginia before entering D.C.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

This defendant seems determined to make his situation worse. :biggrin:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm But...they said it was peaceful and there were no guns there :brickwallsmall:

It was another one of the tour options. You paid extra and if you got to shoot Nancy Pelosi, they would mount her head for you. Only a few of these tickets were offered. :smoking:

filly

Post by filly »

Let's never forget Bigo, sitting with his shit-kickers up on Speaker Pelosi's desk, wearing the stun-gun disguised as a walking stick in his belt. We should never give in to the GOP's marginalization of the horrors of January 6.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

filly wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:26 pm Let's never forget Bigo, sitting with his shit-kickers up on Speaker Pelosi's desk, wearing the stun-gun disguised as a walking stick in his belt. We should never give in to the GOP's marginalization of the horrors of January 6.
:yeahthat: :stamp:
raison de arizona

Hey look, a fixed position camera! He must be monitoring teh fogbows! :mrgreen: Oh, and all about Alam’s meltdown.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tucker Carlson is using an interview with Jim Jordan to push an absurd conspiracy theory that the MAGA insurrection was actually an FBI setup
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

When are the House members implicated by word and deed going to be dealt with? IIRC there's 143 of them eligible under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment for being removed from office.
raison de arizona

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:25 pm When are the House members implicated by word and deed going to be dealt with? IIRC there's 143 of them eligible under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment for being removed from office.
Yeah, don’t think I’d hold my breath on that one!
Exclusive Audio: Listen to January 6 Detainees Sing the National Anthem
:snippity:
Detainees include Americans not accused of committing any violent crimes. Current detainees are a few members of the Oath Keepers; the alleged “attackers” of Officer Brian Sicknick, and nonviolent offenders such as Timothy Hale-Cusanelli.

The defendants have been transported to a special portion of the D.C. prison system used to house those charged with offenses related to January 6. Most were held in solitary confinement conditions, only allowed one hour out of a single-man cell one hour a day, for months until restrictions were recently loosened somewhat.

Defense lawyers complain about lack of access to their clients and access to video evidence captured by the U.S Capitol’s extensive security system, now under protective seal in January 6 cases.

American Greatness has reported on the harsh conditions in the D.C jail, including incidents of abuse and unconstitutional violations of due process.

Every night at 9 p.m., according to a relative of one of the detainees, they sing the national anthem. This is a way to keep spirits up among men who have been in jail for months and may not have their day in court until sometime next year.

Listen to the audio.
Audio at link, I’d highly recommend AGAINST it though. And also this feels like 90something percent bs. But whatever, rah rah ‘Murica I suppose.
https://amgreatness.com/2021/07/18/excl ... al-anthem/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm
Tucker Carlson is using an interview with Jim Jordan to push an absurd conspiracy theory that the MAGA insurrection was actually an FBI setup

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I thought his name was Gym Jordan. :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It was an FBI sting.
There was so much love.
It was Antifa and BLM in disguise
The doors were held open for them.
There were chants of Hang Mike Pence!
They were hugging and kissing the police.
They were beating the police with Blue Lives Matter flag poles.
It was just like a tourist group.

:brickwallsmall:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:03 am It was an FBI sting.
There was so much love.
It was Antifa and BLM in disguise
The doors were held open for them.
There were chants of Hang Mike Pence!
They were hugging and kissing the police.
They were beating the police with Blue Lives Matter flag poles.
It was just like a tourist group.

:brickwallsmall:
IT WAS LOCUTS THAT ATTCKED THE CAPITOL!!!111!!! :panic: :panic:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/stat ... 1296433152
And the drum beats on...

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”