Assault on the Capitol (DC)

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by bill_g »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:08 pm Part of me is like :rotflmao: and part of me is like :roll:

Why rolling my eyes? Because now I have something else I have to warn my clients not to do: have garage sales.

Thanks FBI! :lol:
The first rule of crime is don't post it on the internets.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.rawstory.com/text-capitol-insurrectionist/
Jennifer Ruth Parks, arrested by the FBI Friday in connection with the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, was apprehended in an unusual way: Someone tipped off the feds with a screen shot of a text in which her daughter was beaming about her mother's attendance at the protest.

Parks, of Kansas, and her friend Edith Schwemmer, both attended the Trump rally and then entered the Capitol after the doors were broken, according to the FBI complaint citing voluntary January 17 interviews with the two. The report also said the bureau received this tip six days earlier:

"The tipster shared a text message screen shot between Parks' daughter and an unknown individual where Parks' daughter wrote: 'So depressed over all of the cheating in the election right now. Mom and her friend went to Washington for the March. Wish I could have gone too. Lol.' Parks' daughter further wrote: 'We should all be climbing over those walls. They pushed us too far.'"
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST NOW: "Kevin McCarthy. Kevin McCarthy. Kevin McCallister!"

"
@GOPLeader
added a new chapter to revisionist history. Or tried to erase a chapter of actual history. Or maybe he just made stuff up."
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Richard Barnett's lawyers claim he called Nancy Pelosi a "Biatch", rather than a "Bitch", and contend that this is less offensive.

This is the guy photographed with his feet on her desk.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kind like prick is less offensive than dick.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:52 pm Richard Barnett's lawyers claim he called Nancy Pelosi a "Biatch", rather than a "Bitch", and contend that this is less offensive.

Yeah, he’s a funny guy. Not impressed by that lawyer.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:52 pm Richard Barnett's lawyers claim he called Nancy Pelosi a "Biatch", rather than a "Bitch", and contend that this is less offensive.

I desperately need to get fierceredpanda's commentary on that guy's attire.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I live to serve, sugar.

Guy on the left: Fairly well-tailored three-piece suit in charcoal plaid with what looks to be a dark navy overcheck. Shoulders fit nicely. Plaid can be problematic on TV as it is prone to doing weird things in HD (like glowing), but nothing glaringly awful there. White shirt with a decent collar and a red power tie with a small geometric pattern to it. Tie is maybe a little too fat for that suit's lapels, and the Windsor knot doesn't help matters. But overall, he looks reasonable enough. 7.5/10. His voice annoys me much more than his attire. Looks like he could be taken seriously as a criminal defense attorney.

Guy on the right: Oh dear. First we have a tan suit, possibly herringbone, that is either double-breasted or features extremely wide peak lapels. If it's a double-breasted suit, he's committing a faux pas by unbuttoning it, and I would have to reserve judgement on the fit. If it's single-breasted, the jacket is a size too big for him in the shoulders, which has the effect of making him look diminutive, which is only exacerbated by the peak lapels. I'm inclined to think it's single-breasted, because I don't see any buttons on the side, unless it's a weird low-slung show-two-button-one deal that hasn't been fashionable since Scarface was in cinemas. Either way, look how enormous the collar above the lapel peaks is. The 1970s called, and they think this suit needs to tone it down a bit. But wait! There's more! Is that a blue-and-white gingham shirt with a white contrast collar (a/k/a, a "banker's collar")? Yes indeedy! Someone somewhere - and I suspect this might be one of those lawyers who has his clothing made just so he can look that special kind of bad that is indicative of spending a lot of money and having absolutely no fashion sense at all - thought it was a great idea to pair an ultra-formal collar with possibly the most casual of shirt patterns, gingham. The shirt collar is too large, although it is proportional with the obscene collar of that suit. (Again, I suspect he paid someone a fair amount of money for these clothes. I hope that tailor had a strong stomach.) And to top it off: a lavender paisley necktie with a Windsor knot so massive it has its own gravitational field and manages, somehow, to be too large for even the exceptionally huge collar on his shirt. All that hugeness in the shoulders, the lapels, the shirt, and the tie has the effect of making his head look shrunken. The attempted puffed silk pocket square can be described in two words: "I tried." 0/10. Looks like a caricature of an ambulance chaser from a rejected B-movie script. Also his glasses are doing something really weird to his eyes and it's distracting. I have a pretty powerful set of glasses (my eyes are not good at, you know, being eyes) but I've never seen that kind of wacky fish-eye effect on someone's face. Come to think of it, blindness might be a reasonable explanation for how he's dressed...

In short, egad.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Yep, he was definitely better dressed in his jeans and leather jacket with his feet propped up on her desk. He should have stuck with that look.

And I bet that pink tie is that icky, stiff, shiny polyester stuff, too.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:33 pm Yep, he was definitely better dressed in his jeans and leather jacket with his feet propped up on her desk. He should have stuck with that look.

Different guy. The polyester guy I think is an attorney.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:33 pm Yep, he was definitely better dressed in his jeans and leather jacket with his feet propped up on her desk. He should have stuck with that look.

I actually watched the clip like 4 times and never realized that was another lawyer. Why is he even there? It's usually the client that just sits there mute, trying to look innocent. Maybe I was too distracted by the tie and the fact that he only blinks, very rarely, with one eye.
fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Richard Barnett himself, I believe, is still in custody.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Richard Barnett himself, I believe, is still in custody.
He was released yesterday according to WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:05 pm I live to serve, sugar.

[reams of excellently written snark deleted]

In short, egad.
I don't think I could have done the technical analysis humiliating deconstruction of this rolling train wreck as well as you did.

My first impression on seeing the guy is that he's not comfortable in his own skin, so he retreated to what a lot of four year olds do when they want to dress up for a formal occasion: they take their favorite item of each article of clothing and put it on. No concept of color matching, contrasting details, etc. So it's as if this guy took his favorite tie, his favorite shirt and his favorite suit and bashed them all together. Net effect is "deer in the headlights."

And since someone pointed out that James Bond always has an impeccably folded pocket square, he went for one too. Unfortunately, you can't be a fashion disaster and sleep with gorgeous babes like Pussy Galore and Dr. Holly Goodhead as 007 did in the movies.
fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:09 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:05 pm I live to serve, sugar.

[reams of excellently written snark deleted]

In short, egad.
I don't think I could have done the technical analysis humiliating deconstruction of this rolling train wreck as well as you did.

My first impression on seeing the guy is that he's not comfortable in his own skin, so he retreated to what a lot of four year olds do when they want to dress up for a formal occasion: they take their favorite item of each article of clothing and put it on. No concept of color matching, contrasting details, etc. So it's as if this guy took his favorite tie, his favorite shirt and his favorite suit and bashed them all together. Net effect is "deer in the headlights."

And since someone pointed out that James Bond always has an impeccably folded pocket square, he went for one too. Unfortunately, you can't be a fashion disaster and sleep with gorgeous babes like Pussy Galore and Dr. Holly Goodhead as 007 did in the movies.
Glad you enjoyed it! :biggrin:

The wise Mrs. FRP put it more succinctly when I showed her the clip late last night: "He looks like a boy wearing his dad's clothes."
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So I came across this site which tracks the DC insurrectionists indictments
https://seditiontracker.com/suspects/by_status

Take for instance insurrectionist and lord of the ring reenactor dale shalvey
https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-mu ... 1/download
Who got indicted on 11 counts.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/4 ... itol-riots
Texas Republican precinct chair and his wife charged for their part in Capitol riots

Last week, Mark Middleton and his wife Jalise Middleton were arrested for their part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots. The rural Montague County, North Texas, couple can be seen on Capitol Police body cameras hitting and cursing at officers as the officers try to hold back the siege of rioting MAGA supporters. NBC reports that at one point in the video, when asked to “Get back” by an officer, Mark Middleton screams “Fuck you” at him. Jalise Middleton, according to the FBI, is also allegedly videotaped repeatedly grabbing and striking a police officer over the barricade with her hand. The couple also posted damning Facebook statements after the riots, which have since been deleted.

And while NBC reports that Mark Middleton is “a volunteer firefighter and pilot, worked at Nortex Communications, an internet service provider in Muenster, and has a master’s degree in theology from Liberty University,” CNN has an even more interesting report as to what Mark Middleton does. It turns out that about one month after Donald Trump lost the national election, and one month before the Jan. 6 insurgency, Mark Middleton “was appointed as the chair of Precinct 14 in Cooke County” for the Republican Party.

The FBI’s two complaints against the couple are filled with images of the couple at “the front lines,” as Jalise Middleton wrote on Facebook and then deleted. The Dallas Observer reports that the two have entered pleas of not guilty. The Observer also spoke with the network operations manager of Nortex Communications, Chris McNamara, who is “also the chair of the Cooke County Republican Party.” Mark Middleton worked at Nortex. McNamara said that while Mark no longer worked at Nortex, McNamara and the other Cooke County Republicans had not seen any reason to remove Middleton after Jan. 6. “We were aware that he went up to D.C. in January, but he assured us that he didn’t participate in any of the insurrection activities. And of course, the party, and me especially, we don’t condone anything that he’s been accused of.”

McNamara also told both CNN and the Observer that Mark is precinct chair until at least 2022, as the Cooke County Republican Party “has no mechanism for removing him,” though Middleton could always resign. The Cooke County Republican Party, like the rest of the Republican Party, is unable to govern even themselves, let alone the citizens of the United States.

Jalise Middleton reportedly worked at Gainesville’s Angels Care Home Health. According to reports, she no longer has that gig. Middleton is still listed as the 14th precinct chair on the Cooke County Republican Party website.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

But...but...but...

It was all Antifa...and BLM....

Wearing and carrying Furher gear....

With years long internet histories of supporting Zee Furher....

Talk about the long con... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And there is the GQP’s dilemma: Antifa attacked our country on Jan. 6!

FBI: All 400+ people arrested are trump supporters. No evidence BLM and Antifa were involved.

GQP: what’s the biggie? It was just a bunch of white people on a self guided tour.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:49 pm And there is the GQP’s dilemma: Antifa attacked our country on Jan. 6!

FBI: All 400+ people arrested are trump supporters. No evidence BLM and Antifa were involved.

GQP: what’s the biggie? It was just a bunch of white people on a self guided tour.
. . . after having put together nooses and beaten police bloody.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:49 pm And there is the GQP’s dilemma: Antifa attacked our country on Jan. 6!

But John Sullivan! :roll: According to RWNJ's, it's really just Sullivan leading Antifa who were the rioters at the Capitol and any Trump supporter was invited in by the police and it's totally unfair that these peaceful people are getting arrested when it's Sullivan who was the real leader. And Antifa!
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I'm still stunned that these idiots posted photos and videos of their participation in the insurection on social media. And that they believe that deleting those photos and videos will remove that evidence from the intertubes and their electronic devices. :doh:

(And that Trump would grant each of them a pardon. :rotflmao: )
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:56 pm I'm still stunned that these idiots posted photos and videos of their participation in the insurection on social media. And that they believe that deleting those photos and videos will remove that evidence from the intertubes and their electronic devices. :doh:

They see themselves as the next Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Revere, Henry. SO PROUD.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:12 pm
LM K wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:56 pm I'm still stunned that these idiots posted photos and videos of their participation in the insurection on social media. And that they believe that deleting those photos and videos will remove that evidence from the intertubes and their electronic devices. :doh:

They see themselves as the next Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Revere, Henry. SO PROUD.
After all these years, conspiracy theorists still surprise me.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:02 pm But...but...but...

It was all Antifa...and BLM....

Wearing and carrying Furher gear....

With years long internet histories of supporting Zee Furher....

Talk about the long con... :bored:
I firmly believe that no self respecting Antifa or BLM member would ever wear maga gear, let alone purchase any.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”