Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Greatgrey »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 am
Greatgrey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:22 pm

Isn’t 20 kinda young to be an Oathkeeper?

As I remember, when Oathkeepers were formed during the TeaBagger days, the name came from the oath they took as military member & their assertion that the oath didn’t expire when they were discharged.
You can join any branch of the military at 17.
He didn’t though.

If he did, he would still be in, or if somehow he managed a 2 year term he would be in the Reserves for an additional 6 years.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

And now he has PROOF!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: how would a DEA staffer who stormed the Capitol in his free time be able to identify FBI agents :?:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Further confirmation of my hypothesis (first conceived during my time interning at the DOJ) that DEA agents are useless at literally everything. The guy can't even do a television segment on a show where the host and guests spew bullshit correctly.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 pm He didn’t though.

If he did, he would still be in, or if somehow he managed a 2 year term he would be in the Reserves for an additional 6 years.
Somehow I doubt the oath keepers require honorable discharge.

But since we have already seen examples of people who start training, wash out, and then claim they were whatever elite thing the training was for, so I would not be surprised if he showed up for basic training, failed the first week, and the oathkeepers still took him.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:40 pm :confuzzled: how would a DEA staffer who stormed the Capitol in his free time be able to identify FBI agents :?:
[ct]
LEPD - Law Enforcement Proximity Detector

It's one of the many augmentations that federal agents in all departments are eligible for, though not all receive them.
[/ct]
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

neeneko wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:00 am
Greatgrey wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 pm He didn’t though.

Somehow I doubt the oath keepers require honorable discharge.

But since we have already seen examples of people who start training, wash out, and then claim they were whatever elite thing the training was for, so I would not be surprised if he showed up for basic training, failed the first week, and the oathkeepers still took him.
Some of the articles I read about Berry said he was “associated with” the oath keepers. He may have never entered the military.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:39 pm And now he has PROOF!
Funny, yes, but the video was cut off pretty abruptly. I'd feel better about my reaction if I'd seen what happened immediately after the guy said he didn't see any evidence of the FBI interfering, if for nothing else than seeing Carlson's probably trademarked stupid face.

I'm off to the doc to see about this really bad "cold" but I'll see if I can find a longer clip while I'm waiting.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:58 am Funny, yes, but the video was cut off pretty abruptly. I'd feel better about my reaction if I'd seen what happened immediately after the guy said he didn't see any evidence of the FBI interfering, if for nothing else than seeing Carlson's probably trademarked stupid face.

I'm off to the doc to see about this really bad "cold" but I'll see if I can find a longer clip while I'm waiting.
Full clip:

Good luck on the cold!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:58 am Funny, yes, but the video was cut off pretty abruptly. I'd feel better about my reaction if I'd seen what happened immediately after the guy said he didn't see any evidence of the FBI interfering, if for nothing else than seeing Carlson's probably trademarked stupid face.

Full clip:
https://twitter.com/columbiabugle/statu ... 66432?s=21
Good luck on the cold!
Hey oh... Cuba gets dragged into this discussion ...? :?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former US Army Sgt. Landon Copeland is charged with assaulting police at Capitol on Jan 6

From his jailhouse, we spoke about the case by phone.... he has theories ===>
raison de arizona

"Pre-emptive assault?" Dumb take, great clip :thumbsup:

In other news, being locked up after insurrecting sucks. Apparently. Should've thought ahead. (This is a Proud Boys leader BTW.)
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:16 am
Former US Army Sgt. Landon Copeland is charged with assaulting police at Capitol on Jan 6

From his jailhouse, we spoke about the case by phone.... he has theories ===>
Confused, delusional and stoopid.
filly

Post by filly »

Who knew soy lacks protein? Learn something "new" every day from these geniuses.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

When other folks (especially in the sociological meaning of "other") are locked up, these people are the first to say "Jail is supposed to be unpleasant!"

Heh. Suffer, bitches. :twisted:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
filly

Post by filly »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:48 pm When other folks (especially in the sociological meaning of "other") are locked up, these people are the first to say "Jail is supposed to be unpleasant!"
:winner:

You can see him laying the ground for a lawsuit: Lower back pain, shoulder pain, anxiety (which will surely morph into PTSD). No protein, only soy!
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

filly wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm Who knew soy lacks protein? Learn something "new" every day from these geniuses.
And he apparently doesn't know that gelatin is high in protein, either.
raison de arizona

Azastan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:55 pm
filly wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm Who knew soy lacks protein? Learn something "new" every day from these geniuses.
And he apparently doesn't know that gelatin is high in protein, either.
He's a proud boy, not a smart boy!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hearing now underway for Matthew Loganbill, who admitted to the FBI he told a Capitol officer "we came peacefully this time,” but that “it would be different if we have to come again.”

He also commented sarcastically on Facebook: "I'm just a dumb ‘terrorist' I guess.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Feds charge Texas man with assaulting police with *metal whip* and chemical spray outside Capitol on Jan 6

Court filings say federal agents used messages & location info from the BUMBLE dating app to make case against Andrew Taake of Houston-area
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl3dkCjqP9E
Set a reminder to watch the first hearing by the House select committee investigating the U.S. Capitol riot on Tuesday. CBSN’s coverage will begin at 9 a.m. ET. The panel will hear testimony from several Capitol and Metropolitan police officers who responded to the attack on January 6.
Broke the link, there's really nothing there yet.
Edit: Wrong thread, my bad :bag:
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 am

Full clip:

Tucker Carlson: “He did not commit any crimes. He did not brandish his DEA-issued revolver.”

Er, the revolver, that’s a crime, in D.C.
On Federal property, that’s a serious crime.
As part of an attempt to prevent …

Oh, forget it, Tucker.
You’re too busy being right.
And offended.

May all your lies turn to bile and choke you.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Was wondering if anyone still has videos of TeaBagger events where the Oafkeepers were present or providing security?

I remember some with Chalice, wanting to try and correlate with the Capitol bunch.

Thx
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-pastor-f ... 33740.html
Florida pastor facing U.S. Capitol riot charges has court hearing July 22, 2021, 3:59 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A 72-year-old Florida pastor facing federal criminal charges arising from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of former President Donald Trump took part in a preliminary hearing on Thursday before a judge.

James Cusick Jr., pastor of the Global Outreach Ministries of Melbourne, Florida, faces four misdemeanor charges related to the riot, including violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. His son Casey Cusick, 35, also a pastor at his father's church, faces similar charges but did not participate in Thursday's hearing.

One of the their parishioners, David Lesperance, 69, also faces similar charges. Lesperance did not take part in the hearing.

According to an FBI affidavit, Lesperance told investigators that his pastor had attended Trump's speech before the riot and then went to the Capitol building.

At Thursday's hearing, a prosecutor told U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss that consolidating the cases of Cusick, his son and Lesperance was under consideration. A further hearing for James Cusick was set for Sept. 28.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

SlimSloSlider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:33 pm
Tucker Carlson: “He did not commit any crimes. He did not brandish his DEA-issued revolver.”

Er, the revolver, that’s a crime, in D.C.
On Federal property, that’s a serious crime.
As part of an attempt to prevent …
In fairness, he was an accredited DEA officer. He was actually supposed to be carrying his DEA issued weapon.

At least I believe that is so, I do not speak from direct experience so I can be corrected.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”