Dr. Jill Biden FLOTUS

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
sad-cafe

Re: Dr. Jill Biden FLOTUS

Post by sad-cafe »

DR Jill is just awesome
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

I’m very happy for the Coopers, but wonder where they were able to be married 40 years ago. As far as I know, it was illegal then.
slq

Post by slq »

Sunrise wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:48 pm
covfefe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

I’m very happy for the Coopers, but wonder where they were able to be married 40 years ago. As far as I know, it was illegal then.
It depends on what they mean by "anniversary." I have close friends who have been together for many, many years and celebrate (1) the anniversary of their non-legal commitment ceremony, (2) the anniversary of their legal Canadian wedding, and (3) the anniversary of their legal U.S. wedding.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

slq wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:06 pm
Sunrise wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:48 pm
It depends on what they mean by "anniversary." I have close friends who have been together for many, many years and celebrate (1) the anniversary of their non-legal commitment ceremony, (2) the anniversary of their legal Canadian wedding, and (3) the anniversary of their legal U.S. wedding.

OK, that makes sense.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When I lived in KC, my friend belonged to a progressive church with a gay pastor. He performed same-sex marriages all the time. They just didn't have a license. The proper term may have been commitment ceremony, but everyone called them weddings.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The wedding is just the ceremony itself and has no legal implications. A marriage requires a license.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I just heard that Dr. Jill made a video with the Sesame Street gang, focusing on military families. :kiss: She’s following a tradition started by Barbara Bush. All First Ladies since then, except for Melania :evil: have done this. One more thing to be grateful for in terms of returning to normality.
raison de arizona

Our friends Rosita and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden have a special message for military families: we can all be upstanders, together!
As part of our #ComingTogether commitment to racial justice, Sesame Workshop has created resources specifically designed to help military and veteran families tap into the rich diversity of the military community to start important conversations about race with young children. Learn more at: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org...
:snippity:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

How can one NOT want to be on Sesame Street!!!?????? :jawdrop:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:26 am How can one NOT want to be on Sesame Street!!!?????? :jawdrop:
oh, that's easy: yer an unfeeling PoS
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She probably cared, though, about never making the Vogue cover. :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:58 pm She probably cared, though, about never making the Vogue cover. :lol:
you got that one right :dance: :dance:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:26 am How can one NOT want to be on Sesame Street!!!?????? :jawdrop:
Because she's a gold digging mail order hooker....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Jill Biden An open letter to Tokyo Olympics' Team USA
Your entire nation is cheering you on — and we are so grateful for what you’ve given us.

July 23, 2021, 2:00 AM MST
By Jill Biden, first lady of the United States

Dear Olympians,

Your journey to Tokyo likely started at a young age, the first time you picked up a ball or jumped in the water, the first ride that made you feel truly free or when the backflip you thought was impossible suddenly wasn’t. Throughout the years, you nurtured your talent, sweated and sacrificed to cut just a few more seconds, reach just a few more inches, or score another fraction of a point. You ached and stumbled, you got back up and you chased down every taste of victory you could.

Those years of work, the drive and faith that have kept you going, have all led here.

Now, those years of work, the drive and faith that have kept you going, have all led here. Becoming an Olympian is a rare accomplishment in a normal time, but you did it during a global pandemic. You are forever one of the most elite, most celebrated and most accomplished athletes in the world.

Your entire nation is cheering you on and we are grateful for what you’ve given us: the chance to come together in common awe and appreciation for your accomplishments and the shared joy of rooting for our country on the edge of our seats.

In these moments, we are more than our cities or states or backgrounds. We are more than our jobs or our political parties. We are united. We are all, first and foremost, Team USA.

You bring us together in a way that little else can. You remind us that with dedication, hard work, courage and teamwork, incredible things are possible.

What a gift you give. What an honor it is to watch you soar.

So, thank you for your hard work. Thank you for the tears and sweat that you’ve given to be here today. Thank you for representing our nation to the world.

Go Team USA!
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/o ... cna1274792
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:58 pm She probably cared, though, about never making the Vogue cover. :lol:
You can tell he really loves her because he wants her to be publicly humiliated when Vogue answers the question “Why Jill but not Melania?”.
Lani

Post by Lani »

She's coming to Hawaii! :dance: :biggrin:

Email I received:
The Hawai‘i Pacific Health COVID-19 Vax Squad Bus is returning to Waipahu High School on Sunday, July 25, from noon to 4 p.m. to administer COVID-19 vaccines to individuals ages 12 and older. Those who attend will have an opportunity to see a special guest who will be visiting the clinic at 1 p.m. – the First Lady of the United States, Dr. Jill Biden.

The First Lady will visit the clinic as part of her efforts nationwide to encourage people to get vaccinated. She will travel to Honolulu on Saturday, July 24, and Sunday, July 25, on her return from Japan where she will be leading the U.S. Delegation at the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

Oh noes! Healing vibes to Dr. Jill!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

unclear what caused the puncture
being First Lady after an impotus must be a thorny job :twisted:
filly

Post by filly »

Jill Biden is a runner. That's a good place to start the guessing game.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Found this in a Hawaii newspaper today:
Michael LaRosa said Jill Biden’s foot was punctured while she walking on a beach in Hawaii last weekend, but it was “unclear what object caused the puncture.”
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

Jill Biden Returns to In-Person Teaching
Sending the first lady back into the classroom puts weight behind President Biden’s promise that his administration can get students safely back into in-person learning this fall.

Jill Biden, the first lady, quietly started another school year as an English professor on Tuesday, returning to the physical classroom after a year of teaching remotely.

Dr. Biden, who has a doctorate in educational leadership, teaches writing at Northern Virginia Community College, where she taught full-time as second lady throughout the Obama administration. As first lady, she is the first to balance her career with public-facing duties.

Those taking Dr. Biden’s classes will learn through a hybrid model, with at least half of the semester’s classes taking place in person, according to a schedule listed on the school’s website. All students are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.

Sending the first lady back into the classroom will reinforce President Biden’s promise that his administration can get students safely back into in-person learning, even as the Delta variant surges across the United States. It will also give one of the most influential people in the White House the ability to speak firsthand about the challenges administrators, teachers and students are facing.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/07/us/p ... ching.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... corations/

The light, sound and smell of wood fires burning in the Green and Red rooms were just the first sign of the intimacy Jill Biden sought for the White House’s holiday decorations this year. The Bidens, it turns out, love to spend a cozy night in America’s home warming up by a crackling fireplace; the White House has 28 of them.

The first lady chose the theme, “Gifts From the Heart,” with each room decorated in its own mini-theme, including the “Gift of Family” and the “Gift of Service,” which is dedicated to the military, front-line workers and first responders.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Return to “Biden Administration”