Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: JOE BIDEN

Post by Slim Cognito »

Watched Colbert last night. Is Dana Carvey the most adorable Biden impersonator ever?

Sorry, forgot the link.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Saw the program last night. Dana Carvey rocked it as Biden.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am Saw the program last night. Dana Carvey rocked it as Biden.
► Show Spoiler
FYI, I have no problem laughing at presidential impersonations. It's been a comedy staple forever. No, the old codger implications don't bother me a bit. The only difference, for me personally, between trump impersonations and the others, ok, maybe Bush 43, is I truly enjoy the others, whereas I think laughing at trump impersonations is as much a defense mechanism as it is a spontaneous reaction to something funny.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:08 am
FYI, I have no problem laughing at presidential impersonations. It's been a comedy staple forever. No, the old codger implications don't bother me a bit. The only difference, for me personally, between trump impersonations and the others, ok, maybe Bush 43, is I truly enjoy the others, whereas I think laughing at trump impersonations is as much a defense mechanism as it is a spontaneous reaction to something funny.
Have you seen "Our Cartoon President", you could tell me it's a documentary and I'd have no problem believe that...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Continually refreshing. Please keep it up.

Keep this up too, lol!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Biden isn't afraid of female reporters, and will turn around to address shouted questions in no uncertain terms. Or he's suffering from dementia. (He's not suffering from dementia.)

Other's opinions may differ:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I heard the last part of it on the radio on my way home from dropping Hubs at the airport. I admit it made me cringe. But it sounded like the summit itself went pretty well. Am I wrong?

Also, if I may play whataboutism - how many times did trump outright insult reporters, calling them names, insulting their skills, and outright trying to ban them from the WH press room?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I regularly listen to Kaitlin Collins's questions in the daily WH briefings. She is awful at this aspect of journalism. Her questions are full of planted assumptions (as this one, "What makes you confident...?" was). They are endlessly framed as "Aren't you worried....?" or "Aren't you embarrassed...?" Or "Doesn't this show that you're terrified/scared/a failure...?" The answers to these questions are 1) obviously only "no", and 2) irrelevant. No substance, ever. She is just going for a headline. It's damned time somebody called this out. Jen Psaki is too polite, though you can see her annoyance.

I have no doubt that Collins is great at some aspect of journalism, but the called-out question is not it.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am Saw the program last night. Dana Carvey rocked it as Biden.
► Show Spoiler
I was waiting for him to say "a thousand points of light." Woops. wrong POTUS.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 pm I regularly listen to Kaitlin Collins's questions in the daily WH briefings. She is awful at this aspect of journalism. Her questions are full of planted assumptions (as this one, "What makes you confident...?" was). They are endlessly framed as "Aren't you worried....?" or "Aren't you embarrassed...?" Or "Doesn't this show that you're terrified/scared/a failure...?" The answers to these questions are 1) obviously only "no", and 2) irrelevant. No substance, ever. She is just going for a headline. It's damned time somebody called this out. Jen Psaki is too polite, though you can see her annoyance.

I have no doubt that Collins is great at some aspect of journalism, but the called-out question is not it.
:yeahthat: They are loaded questions, I don't have a lot of problem with them being called out as such.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I can't get past her previous employment at the Daily Caller.
Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 pm I regularly listen to Kaitlin Collins's questions in the daily WH briefings. She is awful at this aspect of journalism. Her questions are full of planted assumptions (as this one, "What makes you confident...?" was). They are endlessly framed as "Aren't you worried....?" or "Aren't you embarrassed...?" Or "Doesn't this show that you're terrified/scared/a failure...?" The answers to these questions are 1) obviously only "no", and 2) irrelevant. No substance, ever. She is just going for a headline. It's damned time somebody called this out. Jen Psaki is too polite, though you can see her annoyance.

:yeah: Certainly not as loaded as Doocey @ Fox.

I did notice he stopped and spoke to reporters before he boarded the plane and offered some clarification/apologies of sorts.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He (Biden) briefly apologized for being sharp, and then spent five or six minutes explaining to the press why their questions missed the point, and why asking what he called "negative questions" by which he meant questions along the lines of "this isn't going to work so why are you saying you're going to do it", was not going to get what they wanted from him.

He was basically saying, "If you ask me if I'm going to fail, I'm never going to say 'yes', so why are you asking this type of question?"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm
► Show Spoiler
I was waiting for him to say "a thousand points of light." Woops. wrong POTUS.

OMG, how funny would that be?

As for the voice, though, Jimmy Fallon nails it. When he does those masked voice-overs, i have to look twice.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad:

Ex-Trump doctor turned GOP lawmaker wants Biden to take cognitive test

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5590 ... itive-test
Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas), who stirred controversy as former President Trump’s White House physician, said Thursday he is circulating a letter among House GOP colleagues that calls on President Biden to take a cognitive test to prove he is mentally fit to be commander in chief.

Jackson began collecting signatures for his letter this week during GOP meetings and House votes. It will be sent to Biden and his team in the next day or two, he said.

“Just everything that has been going on for the last year and a half … [Biden] doesn't know what's going on, where he's at. He's very confused all the time,” Jackson said in a brief interview with The Hill.

Jackson, who served as White House physician for both former Presidents Obama and Trump, has never treated or evaluated Biden, but he’s been attacking Biden’s cognitive abilities since last year’s presidential campaign.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Jackson should have to take a blood alcohol test before work and after lunch. Every day.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad:

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas), who stirred controversy as former President Trump’s White House physician, said Thursday he is circulating a letter among House GOP colleagues that calls on President Biden to take a cognitive test to prove he is mentally fit to be commander in chief.

Jackson began collecting signatures for his letter this week during GOP meetings and House votes. It will be sent to Biden and his team in the next day or two, he said.

“Just everything that has been going on for the last year and a half … [Biden] doesn't know what's going on, where he's at. He's very confused all the time,” Jackson said in a brief interview with The Hill.

Jackson, who served as White House physician for both former Presidents Obama and Trump, has never treated or evaluated Biden, but he’s been attacking Biden’s cognitive abilities since last year’s presidential campaign.

fucking stupid=Hey Texans, how does this help you?????????????????????????????
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad:

Fuck Jackson.

That's the post.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Runny needs to take his med boards again. He's just another doctor who turned to politics when his lack of doctoring acumen became apparent.
Il factotum
Lani

Post by Lani »

filly wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:28 pm Jackson should have to take a blood alcohol test before work and after lunch. Every day.
And a drug test.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Love this man
Attachments
joe-glasses-still-1602193864.jpg
joe-glasses-still-1602193864.jpg (355.5 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
raison de arizona

Language. But Jackson, so…
► Show Spoiler
Also, Ron Johnson continues to be an asshole.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao: :doh: did you hear it? The New Standard :!: as set by former impotus on cognitive tests :lol: :rotflmao: :doh: :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

It must be such a change from when tfg was in there!

Return to “Biden Administration”