Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thread -
STARTING NOW: Sentencing in Jan 6 case of Derek Jancart, who pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. Feds say he brought radios & gear to Capitol and posted on facebook, "Anyone
know the laws on pick axes in D.C.?”

Will judge order *prison time*?

Standby
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

45 days. Right. :sick:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy:
somerset

Post by somerset »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am 45 days. Right. :sick:
And a misdemeanor conviction, so he can keep his gunz :mad:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-mu ... 1/download
Your client understands that the sentence in this case will be determined by the Court, pursuant to the factors set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a). Your client further understands that 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(D) is a class B misdemeanor, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 3559(a)(7).
Case 1:21-cr-00148-JEB Document 20 Filed 07/23/21 Page 2 of 9
Accordingly, pursuant to § 1B1.9 of the United States Sentencing Commission, Guidelines Manual (2018), the sentencing guidelines do not apply to your client’s sentencing.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

These are too good to allow to slide by.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:57 pm
► Show Spoiler
Calling the district judge a magistrate judge was an extra nice touch. Wetting Signature is new to me but I suspect she learned the doctrine via YouTube and mistook Wet Ink Signature as Wetting Signature. SovCits to tend to talk fast and mumble their mumbo jumbo.

I think she needs a new specialty pizza at her restaurant if she ever gets back there. I'm thinking something with something like cod or sole, and fringes of cheese hanging off the side.

The Admiralty Pizza
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hearing underway and the 6’6” former Olympian is standing in front of the Judge with his attorney by his side. Keller makes everyone around him look small. Surreal scene. Keller says he is pleading guilty to count 2 of his 7 count indictment, obstruction of an official proceeding
Cyrus Breckenridge

Post by Cyrus Breckenridge »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:57 pm
► Show Spoiler

“I have no wetting signature…”
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Don't they have pills for that now? :confuzzled:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio- ... ar-AAOY3aj
Ohio men sentenced to 45 days become first Jan. 6 misdemeanor defendants to receive jail time

A court sentenced two Ohio men to serve 45 days in jail Wednesday after US prosecutors for the first time requested incarceration at sentencing hearings for nonviolent misdemeanor offenders in the storming of the US Capitol.

US District Judge James E. Boasberg ordered Derek Jancart and Erik Rau to self-surrender to the Washington, D.C., jail at a later date after saying all charges related to the “insurrection” were serious.

“You attempted with others to undermine one of our bedrock acts, which is the peaceful transfer of power following a democratic election. . . . There are few actions as serious as the ones this group took on that day,” Boasberg said.

Addressing Jancart first, he said: “You weren’t following the crowd. You went there to assist once you learned it was breached. . . . You don’t have a riot if eight people or 10 or 15 people are there. . . . It’s because there was such a great number of people that police were overwhelmed, and the support, incitement, and encouragement people gave is important.”

Jancart, 39, an Air Force veteran, and Rau, 43, admitted in July to coming to Washington with a gas mask and two-way radios, and heading to the Capitol after learning it was under assault.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I don't know exactly what their involvement was, but I hope that 45 days is not the norm.

I hope that this is just a case of the low level offenders, who pled guilty to misdemeanors, getting off relatively lightly.

I certainly hope that the more serious offenders spend some real time behind bars. Jan. 6 was nothing less than an attempted coup d'etat.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FBI says its search continues for Jonathan Pollock of Lakeland, Florida, wanted & charged in Jan 6 case

Feds allege Pollock charged a police line and pulled officer down steps. Pollock allegedly wore tactical gear, including vest

He remains a wanted man
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Kendra wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:57 am
One of the talking points that seemed to gain a lot of traction is that Pelosi orchestrated the whole thing.

Apparently, she hates Trump so much that she ordered the Capitol Police to stand down and let in a mob that wanted to kill her just to make Trump look bad.

I guess it doesn't have to make sense.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, Nancy is so diabolical, she had an escape plan in place.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bill_g wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:43 pm Well, Nancy is so diabolical, she had an escape plan in place.
Well, until Patriot Boebert blew up her spot, at least.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... terrorism/
For more than eight months, Republican lawmakers have sought to rewrite the harrowing events of January 6. They have continually whitewashed the assault on the US Capitol despite copious footage showing mobs of Trump supporters ransacking Congress, threatening to kill Vice President Mike Pence and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and viciously attacking scores of police officers with chemical spray, fire extinguishers, hockey sticks, and flagpoles. The attack led to several deaths and was followed by the suicides of several police officers who defended the Capitol.

“It was not an insurrection,” Rep. Andrew Clyde of Georgia declared at a House hearing in May, suggesting that most participants were engaged in “a normal tourist visit.”
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bill_g wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:43 pm Well, Nancy is so diabolical, she had an escape plan in place.
Of course she did! The fact that she wasn’t in her office proves it!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:18 pm
Of course she did! The fact that she wasn’t in her office proves it!
I know. She was in chambers at the time trying to hide from We The People. And then her cohorts led her to safety. She's a slippery one.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

How does she do it?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:32 pm How does she do it?
Soros is good!™
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:55 pm https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... terrorism/
“It was not an insurrection,” Rep. Andrew Clyde of Georgia declared at a House hearing in May, suggesting that most participants were engaged in “a normal tourist visit.”
What specific level of stupidity made Clyde say something that blatantly absurd? Where are the damn adults in the GOP?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:20 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:55 pm https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... terrorism/
What specific level of stupidity made Clyde say something that blatantly absurd? Where are the damn adults in the GOP?
Imagine having to live with such a dumb as statement for the rest of his life.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:54 pm
Imagine having to live with such a dumb as statement for the rest of his life.

Live with it? He's gonna campaign on it and get votes. That's the obscene part.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:32 pm How does she do it?

One word...

Dachshunds

All I can say. :dog:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”