Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
filly

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by filly »

I know some who got COVID twice last year. She is 24 and fit and healthy. She is now fully vaccinated. I would definitely find another doctor if he/she is advising anyone who had COVID last year not to get the vaccine.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm I know some who got COVID twice last year. She is 24 and fit and healthy. She is now fully vaccinated. I would definitely find another doctor if he/she is advising anyone who had COVID last year not to get the vaccine.
ditto
Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 because:

Research has not yet shown how long you are protected from getting COVID-19 again after you recover from COVID-19.
Vaccination helps protect you even if you’ve already had COVID-19.
Evidence is emerging that people get better protection by being fully vaccinated compared with having had COVID-19. One study showed that unvaccinated people who already had COVID-19 are more than 2 times as likely than fully vaccinated people to get COVID-19 again.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:54 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 pm I think it depends on how long after Covid gyou are tested, but the antibodies don't necessarily last long. A friend (vaccinated) friend who recently got it was told that she can't count on the antibodies longer than 60 days. Then, about a month later, she will get vaccinated again.

Edited for obvious reason.
My SIL went through a devastating bout with Covid last April. It was touch and go for a while. Her antibody levels are still sky high, to the point where her regular doctor is advising her not to get Jabbed.

She's going to see Northwestern's Dr. Murphy (As Seen on TV) to find out if she can get vaxed.
Maybe the sicker you are, the higher antibodies? Who knows?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

2 friends have recently had the antibody tests and both were advised against getting the booster because their antibodies were so high (both above 250? I think they said). Their antibodies were due to the vaccine, not the disease, though. Maybe that makes a difference, I don't know, but it seems logical to me for doctors to advise against the vax or a booster if the antibodies are super high. They both plan on regular antibody testing and will get the booster if/when the antibody levels drop. They are both married to doctors and have been right on point with their information from the very beginning. One is the wife of the head immunology researcher at the state teaching hospital.
raison de arizona

Why antibodies might not protect against variants: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... e-response
Research revealed how certain mutations in circulating SARS-CoV-2 variants allow the virus to avoid neutralization by many antibodies.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

tek wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:14 pm as of 9/10
In Florida, 13,983,394 people or 65% of the state has received at least one dose.
Overall, 11,736,562 people or 54% of Florida's population has been fully vaccinated.
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cov ... te/florida

There is some question whether these statistics are correct, given the large business in fly-in vaccinations at MIA and FLL
Higher than Illinois for the fully vaccinated.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desan ... ar-AAOpeDQ
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vowed to fight President Joe Biden over his vaccine mandates, and on Monday he warned businesses in the state that they would be charged if they ask customers for proof of vaccination.

:snippity:

On Monday, DeSantis said that any cities or counties in Florida that require public government employees to get vaccinated to keep their jobs will be charged $5,000 for every single violation, with violators at risk of paying millions of dollars in fines.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Florida numbers appear to be boosted by the urban areas. Miami-Date and Broward county have the highest rates. The other large counties are also high.

https://data.democratandchronicle.com/c ... lorida/12/
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desan ... ar-AAOpeDQ
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vowed to fight President Joe Biden over his vaccine mandates, and on Monday he warned businesses in the state that they would be charged if they ask customers for proof of vaccination.

On Monday, DeSantis said that any cities or counties in Florida that require public government employees to get vaccinated to keep their jobs will be charged $5,000 for every single violation, with violators at risk of paying millions of dollars in fines.
a

Guess he missed the class about federal law taking precedence over state law at Harvard Law School.
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desan ... ar-AAOpeDQ

If the business is a federal contractor, it has to comply with the federal mandate.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

This guy's just being a phuckstick now, I am certain he understands the Supremacy Clause. Its in the part before the Second Amendment.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:08 am

This guy's just being a phuckstick now, I am certain he understands the Supremacy Clause. Its in the part before the Second Amendment.
ginks like him only know the 2nd.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis appoints a new Surgeon General.

Article on his appointment: https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021 ... n-general/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He'd better hope his voter suppression efforts work, cuz I don't see this crap winning him any new votes next year. He may be sorry he worked so hard to keep dead people from voting.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He may be sorry he worked so hard to keep dead people from voting.
:lol: :lol:

Slim, you’d have a billion followers if you were on Twitter. You sum up real good.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ron gets spanked again.
Federal judge strikes down DeSantis’ ban on sanctuary cities
By ANGIE DIMICHELE
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
SEP 21, 2021 AT 11:15 PM

A federal judge issued a permanent injunction Tuesday to block Gov. Ron DeSantis’ 2019 ban on “sanctuary cities” from being enforced in Florida after portions of the bill were found to be unconstitutional. In May 2019, the Legislature passed SB 168, which required state, county and city agencies to work with federal immigration authorities and outlawed cities that offered protections to undocumented immigrants. The bill, sponsored by Sen. Joe Gruters, was signed into law in June 2019 and took full effect in October that year. It came at a time when there were no sanctuary cities in Florida.

Tuesday’s 110-page ruling by District Judge Beth Bloom in response to a lawsuit filed by the City of South Miami against DeSantis says that evidence “strongly suggests” that the Legislature enacted the bill “to promote and ratify the racist views” of advocacy groups involved in the legislative process and that the bill was passed with “discriminatory motives.” The ruling struck down several parts of the bill: that state entities, law enforcement agencies or local government entities could not adopt or have a sanctuary policy, a provision in the bill that mandated that law enforcement “use best efforts to support the enforcement of federal immigration law” and that officers could transport detainees to federal custody outside of the agency’s jurisdiction.

Bloom’s ruling notes the involvement of two advocacy groups known to have xenophobic, racist and and nationalist ideologies in the legislative process of SB 168. Floridians for Immigration Enforcement (FLIMEN) and The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) both communicated regularly with lawmakers about the bill throughout the process. FLIMEN, since it began in 2003, has advocated for ending sanctuary cities and public officials cooperating with federal immigration enforcement while FAIR’s mission is to “fight for a stronger America with controlled borders, reduced immigration, and better enforcement,” the ruling says, and was founded by a man who advocated for “passive eugenics to limit population growth and elevate the human race.”

The ruling says that Gruter’s legislative aid Josh Barnhill and members of FLIMEN “exchanged numerous e-mails during the 2019 legislative process.” The judge found that their involvement significantly deviated from the norm. “The Court has found that FLIMEN and FAIR were both intimately involved in SB 168′s development and had direct access to and influence over the legislators involved with the bill. This involvement strongly suggests that the Legislature enacted SB 168 to promote and ratify the racist views of these advocacy groups,” Bloom’s ruling says. During a six-day-long trial in January, several immigration organizations testified about how the bill had hindered their providing services for immigrant communities throughout Florida.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flori ... gory/news/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, I love the graphic of the eagle with a ball and chain - only the ball is the virus, hahaha!

America is shackled to it!

Yeah, ya right. It ain't funny none.

Kind of a wimpy eagle, though. The birther movement was full of angry, angry, pissed off eagles who were gonna hurt you for supporting Obama. This one looks like he got caught with his talons in the cookie jar.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Lord, please have mercy on the poor children of Florida.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: there aren't enough :roll: in the world.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dog, get me outa this state. New Mexico, please?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:57 pm Dog, get me outa this state. New Mexico, please?
That's where we're looking.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... q1khjKX-yE
Rejecting a judge’s recommendation, Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Cabinet cleared the way for Miami-Dade County’s plans to build a highway through wetlands meant to help preserve the Everglades and the county’s drinking water supply. Environmentalists vowed to fight the decision.

The item, listed without details on the cabinet’s public agenda, came up in the last few minutes of a meeting Tuesday and was quickly approved by DeSantis, Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis and Attorney General Ashley Moody. Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, who has announced she will run for governor herself, was the only no vote, arguing the controversial project will be harmful to the environment.

“You’re siding with developers in favor of harming Everglades restoration, risking wildlife, agricultural lands and Miami-Dade’s water supply, not really reducing urban sprawl,” she said during the meeting.
raison de arizona

What is he, on a mission to become the world's biggest supervillain? He's SOO bad!

Like, in a menacing evil way. Bad!
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

He is a fucking sociopath, along with everyone he hires. I am so pissed off at his new "surgeon-general", or as I prefer to think of him, Dr. Mengele. And how the fuck could UCLA med school have made him an assistant professor? I don't give a shit about how talented a surgeon or professor he may have been, I wouldn't trust him to house break a pack of rats.

With all the shit going on, Covid, Manchin, Sinema, etc., I am getting more and more viscerally pissed off.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”