Assault on the Capitol (DC)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by neonzx »

Oklahoma City Thunder Employees Helped Federal Authorities Identify Suspect in Capitol Siege, Leading to Several Charges
https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... tol-siege/
Federal authorities investigating individuals involved in the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol received an assist from an unlikely source this week, with employees of the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder helping investigators identify a woman accused of entering the Capitol Complex unlawfully.

Danielle Nicole Doyle—who was previously employed by the Thunder—became the second Oklahoman to be charged in connection with the Capitol siege; two of Doyle’s former colleagues saw her in videos posted online and contacted the FBI.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Washington, D.C. federal court, the first witness to contact the bureau, identified only as “Witness 1,” was Doyle’s coworker “when they both worked for a professional sports team in Oklahoma City.” Witness 1 recognized Doyle after being sent a video of the riots from a friend. A second witness (“Witness 2”), who appears to currently work or the Thunder, identified Doyle during an interview with federal authorities after she and several other Thunder employees “circulated” video footage of Jan. 6 amongst themselves.

“Witness 2 advised that Witness 2 works for the same professional sports team in Oklahoma City and had previously worked with Danielle Nicole Doyle, when Doyle worked for the professional sports team,” the criminal complaint stated. “Witness 2 recalled that following the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, employees of the professional sports team circulated a video that CNN had aired. The video was of individuals inside the U.S. Capitol during the breaching of the Capitol. Witness 2 obtained a copy of the video and identified Doyle as one of the individuals in the video.”
(snip)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:54 pm Screen shot from a video. The clearing out. Not looking so manly man face down. DE4893CE-0267-4702-B329-144725FFB351.jpeg
The thing that bothers me is, that this and other similar pictures, show that the capitol police and other LEO's, had these people. Why didn't they at least get their identification before letting them go?

Why does the FBI have to scour FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter and use facial recognition software and depend on family members to turn these clowns in?

The police could have at least made a list of names and addresses, along with a note about where in the building the person was found. They should have been arrested on the spot, but I can understand that a few dozen police couldn't handle literally hundreds of insurrectionists.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 am
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:54 pm Screen shot from a video. The clearing out. Not looking so manly man face down. DE4893CE-0267-4702-B329-144725FFB351.jpeg
The thing that bothers me is, that this and other similar pictures, show that the capitol police and other LEO's, had these people. Why didn't they at least get their identification before letting them go?

Why does the FBI have to scour FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter and use facial recognition software and depend on family members to turn these clowns in?

The police could have at least made a list of names and addresses, along with a note about where in the building the person was found. They should have been arrested on the spot, but I can understand that a few dozen police couldn't handle literally hundreds of insurrectionists.
When you're clearing a crowd like that, you don't stop the momentum to ID one person. And as to the people on the floor in that photo, we don't know that they weren't IDed when they were detained. We don't know how many people breached the capitol, how many of those were IDed on site, how many might have been IDed outside or off-premises, or what the total number of people who were doing anything they can be charged with might be. No link, but I seem to remember a recent report that said they had IDed over 1000 people. Just because the authorities are asking for crowd sourced identification on some of the rioters doesn't mean they didn't ID anyone, and it doesn't actually mean they haven't already IDed a particular person either.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jim Roberts
@nycjim
Replying to
@nycjim
More people from Pennsylvania have been charged in the Capitol riot than any other state. And on the local level, the leader is Bucks County. https://phillymag.com/news/2021/03/02/c ... nsylvania/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:40 am More people from Pennsylvania have been charged in the Capitol riot than any other state. And on the local level, the leader is Bucks County. https://phillymag.com/news/2021/03/02/c ... nsylvania/
Does not surprise me in the least. I lived in Bucks Country for over a decade. Weird place.... a lot of insecure lower middle class white people right next to equally insecure upper middle class (or lower upper?) people. A lot of class anxiety...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

COONS: Has there been any evidence the riot was organized by people simply posing as Trump supporters?
WRAY: "We have not seen any evidence of that."

COONS: Is there any evidence it was carried out by Antifa or BLM?
WRAY: "We have not seen any evidence to that effect."
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow, I just quickly scanned that, but it looks amazing. I'll definitely be devoting some time to reading that completely later. Thanks for posting!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wow, that's scary. It's an easy read, lots of graphs and footnotes. Took me about 20 minutes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:18 pm
COONS: Has there been any evidence the riot was organized by people simply posing as Trump supporters?

They keep trying to divert responsibility. OWN IT!
My Gosh, we are dealing with children.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:18 pm

They keep trying to divert responsibility. OWN IT!
Yeah. Marsha Blackburn asked about what FBI is doing about those violent Antifa folks :roll:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neeneko wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:21 pm
Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:40 am More people from Pennsylvania have been charged in the Capitol riot than any other state. And on the local level, the leader is Bucks County. https://phillymag.com/news/2021/03/02/c ... nsylvania/
Does not surprise me in the least. I lived in Bucks Country for over a decade. Weird place.... a lot of insecure lower middle class white people right next to equally insecure upper middle class (or lower upper?) people. A lot of class anxiety...
I remember many of the former followers of the former Gilberton Police Chief Mark Kessler came from Bucks County.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 pm They keep trying to divert responsibility. OWN IT!
Yeah. Marsha Blackburn asked about what FBI is doing about those violent Antifa folks :roll:
That's totally off-topic, he's specifically testifying about the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol. They need a gong to ring and a hook to pull people asking irrelevant questions off the stage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

covfefe wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:54 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 pm They keep trying to divert responsibility. OWN IT!
That's totally off-topic, he's specifically testifying about the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol. They need a gong to ring and a hook to pull people asking irrelevant questions off the stage.
She wasn't the only one who did this.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:11 pm Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the D.C. federal district court issued an opinion (attached) yesterday (2/26/2021), reversing a Kansas magistrate's decision to grant bail to a participant in the January 6, 2021 insurrection (Chrestman). The opinion notably contains a discussion (and rejection) of the "I was only following Trump's directions" defense that some participants have proffered.
Something that I find disturbing is how proud the insurrectionists were of their actions. They recorded their actions and then widely disseminated the pics and videos of their participation in the insurection on social media.

While many insurrectionists stand by their actions with the "Trump made me do it" defense, others are now claiming that they've seen the light. They've only seen the light after seeing their future in prison. Damn, some truly thought Trump gave a shit about them and would pardon them.

Very few are showing sincere remorse. I'm glad the Judge highlighted that the "just following orders" defense is related to a lack of remorse.

The only thing the majority of insurrectionists regret is recording and disseminating evidence of their crimes. But they didn't just record and disseminate evidence of their own crimes. They documented the crimes committed by like minded people. Poetic justice!

(Slightly off topic: I love the videos of insurrectionists finding out their videos caused airlines to block them as they tried to fly home after the insurrection. Their pride kicked them in their asses ... social media spreads quickly.)
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I seem to remember from Sunday School something about Pride goeth before a fall. A Proverb, I believe.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Breaking on
@MSNBC
: The FBI and DHS have issued a joint intel bulletin warning that domestic extremists have discussed plans to "take control of the U.S. Capitol and remove democratic lawmakers on or about the 4th of March." March 4 is important to QAnon believers.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

HMMMM? What's that date? The original inauguration day. The day they are sure the former is going to be president, or some such nonsense.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... 5822787159

Police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia to breach Capitol
The threat appears to be connected to a far-right conspiracy theory, mainly promoted by supporters of QAnon, that Trump will rise again to power on March 4. That was the original presidential inauguration day until 1933, when it was moved to Jan. 20.

The revelation was detailed in a statement from the Capitol Police. It comes at the same time the acting police chief is testifying before a House subcommittee.

“The United States Capitol Police Department is aware of and prepared for any potential threats towards members of Congress or towards the Capitol complex,” the agency said in a statement. “We have obtained intelligence that shows a possible plot to breach the Capitol by an identified militia group on Thursday, March 4.”

The statement differs from an advisory that was sent to members of Congress by the acting House sergeant-at-arms this week, saying that Capitol Police had “no indication that groups will travel to Washington D.C. to protest or commit acts of violence.”
Time for LE to stake out Mar-a-Lago and be prepared to arrest Trump if he tries to leave there today or tomorrow. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press ... ing-threat

Capitol Police Increase Security Following Threat
March 3, 2021 Press Release

The United States Capitol Police Department is aware of and prepared for any potential threats towards members of Congress or towards the Capitol complex. We have obtained intelligence that shows a possible plot to breach the Capitol by an identified militia group on Thursday, March 4. We have already made significant security upgrades to include establishing a physical structure and increasing manpower to ensure the protection of Congress, the public and our police officers.

Our Department is working with our local, state, and federal partners to stop any threats to the Capitol. We are taking the intelligence seriously. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we cannot provide additional details at this time.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kris Van Cleave
@krisvancleave

CBS News has obtained an FBI/DHS intelligence bulletin warning Domestic Violent Extremist continue to be focused on violence aimed at symbols of government & law enforcement. The alert points to more potential violence in weeks to come.

The March 2nd Bulletin was sent w/i hours of a Congressional security bulletin which suggested extremists' focus on March 4th actions had diminished.

CBS News has learned one of the groups mentioned in this new alert discussing possible action is the Oath Keepers.
Acting USCP Chief told lawmakers today, "We do have some concerning intelligence...We have enhanced our security posture."

Pittman also described the volume of threats to Members of Congress as "through the roof."
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:30 pm HMMMM? What's that date? The original inauguration day. The day they are sure the former is going to be president, or some such nonsense.
I think it goes something like this:

The United States became a corporation in 1871. (This is the year that the city of Washington, DC incorporated). Therefore, all amendments and all presidents after 1871 are invalid, including the 20th amendment, which changed the inauguration date to January 20.

Ulysses S. Grant was the last president inaugurated before 1871, so he is the last legitimate president. He was the 18th.

They think that individual-1 will triumphantly return to Washington and be sworn in as the 19th POTUS.

No one has explained why the incorporation of 1871 is somehow, no longer in effect. I mean, it must have been in effect on Jan. 20, 2021, right? That means that Joe Biden wasn't really sworn in on that day. I don't remember hearing that the corporate United States was dissolved between Jan. 20 and today.

So, if the US is still a corporation, why would Donald Trump's inauguration on Mar. 4 be any more valid than Joe Biden's on Jan. 20?
raison de arizona

Restaurant owners attend insurrection and post pics of same on social media, outrage ensues. Then it comes out that they were ripping off their employees to the tune of $700k. Womp womp.
Uptown’s Tank Noodle Forced To Pay Staff $700K After Not Paying Workers, Other Labor Violations, Feds Say
The popular Vietnamese restaurant’s owners have also come under fire for attending a Jan. 6 Trump rally, which ended in the storming of the U.S. Capitol.

UPTOWN — Tank Noodle has been forced to pay nearly $700,000 in back wages after making some of its employees work only for tips, according to the U.S. Deptartment of Labor.

The popular Vietnamese restaurant at 4953 N. Broadway withheld wages and used illegal employment practices for 60 of its employees, a labor department investigation found. Some employees were owed more than $10,000 by the restaurant.

The labor department has recovered $697,295 in back wages for 60 employees, officials said in a statement Wednesday.

The investigation found some servers at the restaurant worked only for tips, a violation of federal work laws. Tank Noddle also shorted servers when the business pooled tips and divided the money among all staff, including management, another federal work violation.

Tank Noodle violated overtime laws and sometimes paid staff flat fees for a day’s work regardless of the number of hours worked, according to the labor department.
https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/03/03 ... -feds-say/

They sound like lovely people, taking the Trump approach to business.
raison de arizona

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

What's the bet that some R's will be using burner phones on those days?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”