Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

“What happened shouldn’t have happened,” accused Jan. 6 Capitol rioter Anthony Antonio says. “I take full responsibility for my actions that day.”

“This happened because we are so divided as a country that we need to come together and provide unity with each other.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

That blue line flag RIGHT THERE is a nice touch as they brutally assault that officer. Despicable.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I saw that this morning. While he apologized, when asked if he blamed the former guy, he did, but he did a lot of dancing around it when it came to should the former guy be charged.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Another QAnon yoga teacher indicted.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Qanon yoga soldier sounds like an oxymoron. Well, the moron part anyway.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here’s Alan Hostetter promoting Jan. 6 and floating the idea of dragging lawmakers out of the Capitol by their hair and tying them to lampposts. Via
@inminivanhell
, who has been all over this for months.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The above article goes on to say:
"On Instagram, Hostetter called the attack the “shot heard round the world” and the “2021 version of 1776.” He noted that war lasted eight years. “We are just getting started,” he wrote. "
Yeah, started on a prison sentence of hopefully 10-20 years.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:14 pm The above article goes on to say:
"On Instagram, Hostetter called the attack the “shot heard round the world” and the “2021 version of 1776.” He noted that war lasted eight years. “We are just getting started,” he wrote. "
Yeah, started on a prison sentence of hopefully 10-20 years.
Well, as a yoga teacher I'm sure he has achieved Samadhi and will serve his sentence in a state of pure awareness.

Snort!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

As a yogi, I'm sure he's mastered the practice of aparigraha (non-attachment). Therefore, he will not be attached to things like material comforts, good food, and daily activities. A prison cell should suit him just fine.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Chicago cop charged in US Capitol breach, accused of entering a senator’s office

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM

A Chicago police officer was arrested Friday on federal charges of breaching the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and entering a Democratic senator’s office with the violent mob, later texting to a friend that he’d “knocked out a commie.”

Officer Karol Chwiesiuk, 29, was charged in a criminal complaint in U.S. District Court in Washington with five misdemeanor counts, including entering a restricted building, disrupting government business and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds with intent to impede a congressional proceeding.

The 19-page complaint alleges Chwiesiuk broke into Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley’s office with the mob and took a selfie showing him grinning and wearing a hoodie with the Chicago police logo on it.

He also allegedly sent texts to a friend saying “Busy planning how to (expletive) up commies” prosecutors said. That text allegedly was sent two days before he traveled to Washington to attend a rally for then-President Donald Trump, according to prosecutors.

On the day of the Capitol siege, Chwiesiuk texted the same friend, “We inside the capital lmfao.”

After the siege made national news, the same friend texted Chwiesiuk to report he’d seen guns were drawn and windows broken out in the U.S. Senate chamber. "Yeah I was there,” Chwiesiuk allegedly replied, adding later, “(Expletive) don’t snitch.”

Chwiesiuk, who lives with his parents on Chicago’s Northwest Side, was arrested at 8 a.m. and appeared via telephone conference before U.S. Magistrate Judge Gabriel Fuentes, who ordered him released on bond. As part of the conditions of his release, Chwiesiuk was ordered to surrender any firearms as well as his firearm owner’s identification card.

Chwiesiuk’s lawyer, Timothy Grace, said he has been a Chicago police officer since 2018 and was most recently assigned to patrol the Harrison District. He was stripped of his police powers earlier this week and reassigned to desk duty, Grace said.

Chicago police Superintendent David Brown called the D.C. riots “an absolute disgrace” at a Friday news conference at City Hall.

“The fact that a Chicago police officer has been charged in that attack on American democracy makes my blood boil, makes me sick to my stomach,” Brown said.

Read more at https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... 3#nws=true
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Eyes A *current* Chicago police officer, Karol Chwiesiuk, is charged with breaching the Capitol and bragging about it to an associate. He wore a Chicago Police hoodie during the riot.
raison de arizona

I don't think I've seen this here, it is an updated roster of active law enforcement officers that participated in the rally and/or insurrection.

We should all be concerned about the scourge of cop-on-cop crime.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6 ... rickle-out
GOP stonewalling aside, Jan. 6 insurrection investigations continue to raise fresh evidence

Rob Gieswein, a Colorado militiaman accused of assaulting an officer, interfering with a federal proceeding, and destroying property, filed a motion for release from jail that tried to argue that the 24-year-old was really a harmless fellow, and that his participation in a militia called the Woodland Wild Dogs that organized paramilitary training sessions was simply a kind of live-action role-playing game:

[T]his “militia” amounted to a group of friends who like to shoot guns, pretend to be in battles, and go camping to practice survival skills. Indeed, one of Mr. Gieswein’s closest friends, and the one who ordered “Woodland Wild Dog” patches for his friends, described it to the FBI as “more of a group of friends than anything else. There is no initiation, there are no membership rolls, and there are no dues. They are just a group of friends who like guns and Star Wars.”

Gieswein’s attorney also made the novel argument that “although Mr. Gieswein may have been holding a baseball bat, the defense has yet to see evidence of him ‘brandishing’ it in front of officers, let alone using it in a way so as to cause anyone great bodily injury or even an apprehension of imminent bodily injury.”
"I ALWAYS carry a bat when I enter the closed and locked U.S. Capitol," said no one ever.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

LARP.jpg
LARP.jpg (19.42 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm
[T]his “militia” amounted to a group of friends who like to shoot guns, pretend to be in battles, and go camping to practice survival skills. Indeed, one of Mr. Gieswein’s closest friends, and the one who ordered “Woodland Wild Dog” patches for his friends, described it to the FBI as “more of a group of friends than anything else. There is no initiation, there are no membership rolls, and there are no dues. They are just a group of friends who like guns and Star Wars.”
I am always amused when various 'look at how serious I am!' people or groups admit, on the record, that they are not, when it comes to court filings.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neeneko wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm
I am always amused when various 'look at how serious I am!' people or groups admit, on the record, that they are not, when it comes to court filings.
Everybdy wants to be a gangster....until it's time to do gangster s^&*...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6 ... rickle-out
GOP stonewalling aside, Jan. 6 insurrection investigations continue to raise fresh evidence

Rob Gieswein, a Colorado militiaman accused of assaulting an officer, interfering with a federal proceeding, and destroying property, filed a motion for release from jail that tried to argue that the 24-year-old was really a harmless fellow, and that his participation in a militia called the Woodland Wild Dogs that organized paramilitary training sessions was simply a kind of live-action role-playing game:

Gieswein’s attorney also made the novel argument that “although Mr. Gieswein may have been holding a baseball bat, the defense has yet to see evidence of him ‘brandishing’ it in front of officers, let alone using it in a way so as to cause anyone great bodily injury or even an apprehension of imminent bodily injury.”
"I ALWAYS carry a bat when I enter the closed and locked U.S. Capitol," said no one ever.
He was holding it for a friend!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

He picked it up off the ground for safe keeping so someone else couldn't use it against one of the officers.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Former Congresscritter Dana Rohrabacher R-CA was enjoying his "tour" of The Capital Jan 6 along wih several of his "tour group".

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I love the Twitter references to #RohraBoris. So fitting.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:42 am Former Congresscritter Dana Rohrabacher R-CA was enjoying his "tour" of The Capital Jan 6 along wih several of his "tour group".
Has Rohrabacher been arrested?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sure hope this comes up during his sentencing.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:34 pm Sure hope this comes up during his sentencing.

Ohhhh that's too easy, the protestor would have accidently fallen out Putin's window a few seconds later...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 pmOhhhh that's too easy, the protestor would have accidently fallen out Putin's window a few seconds later after drinking a cup of polonium laced tea.
FIFY
Image Image Image Image

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”