Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

What are you watching?

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:45 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 am Star Trek: Discovery series on Amazon Prime with the Paramount add-on channel (trial -- already canceled but I'm good through the month subscription)
My Daughter, SIL and I are working on the 1st Season but with many interruptions especially "EastEnders" which they watch with Mrs. V.
It's pretty decent and it's supposed to be set 10 years before the original ST series. But they've got way-more advanced tech than ANY ST series or movie. :lol: But I'll roll with that... I'm most of the way through my binge of season 2.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:41 pm There's over 6,651 episodes of Eastenders! :shock:
~37 years or so of production, the soap opera has racked up episodes. I was into General Hospital back in the Luke & Laura era, but I don't do soaps anymore. General Hospital has more than 14,000 episodes (since premiering in 1963).
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Does anyone watch The Handmaid's Tale? Season 4 begins on Wed.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:20 am For people who like psychological thrillers ...
Those all sound so good. But I cannot - CAN NOT - watch subtitles. I have to be doing something with my hands (needlework, puzzles), so I can’t watch something that requires eyes in the screen at all times.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That's a lot of TV. What are they - 10 minutes apiece or something?

Nevermind. Neon answered. A loooong running soap.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

LM K wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 pm Does anyone watch The Handmaid's Tale? Season 4 begins on Wed.
:callonme: Now, I'm going to have to finally finish Season 3. I fell off about halfway through and never went back. I read the book so many years ago.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Until I get over the :shit" consequences of getting hit by an uninsured driver and working on replacing a totaled vehicle, I'm on comfort TV outside of the cable news.

Season Three of The Greatest American Hero. What a great show, great fun, and Robert Culp :bighug: . I forget which episode it was today, but Ralph brings up his students and their questions about Paul McCartney being in a band before Wings. Damn, I've heard that before. :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:46 pm Until I get over the :shit" consequences of getting hit by an uninsured driver and working on replacing a totaled vehicle, I'm on comfort TV outside of the cable news.

Season Three of The Greatest American Hero. What a great show, great fun, and Robert Culp :bighug: . I forget which episode it was today, but Ralph brings up his students and their questions about Paul McCartney being in a band before Wings. Damn, I've heard that before. :towel:
LOL :lol:
The Greatest American Hero is cheesy as all heck. Even the portrayal of the 'aliens' was ridiculous.
We get a couple episodes here on MeTV each Saturday morning, broadcast TV. I Luvs it! :clap: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:07 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:46 pm Until I get over the :shit" consequences of getting hit by an uninsured driver and working on replacing a totaled vehicle, I'm on comfort TV outside of the cable news.

LOL :lol:
The Greatest American Hero is cheesy as all heck. Even the portrayal of the 'aliens' was ridiculous.
We get a couple episodes here on MeTV each Saturday morning, broadcast TV. I Luvs it!
Prime Video lets me watch season one and three (why no Seasons two???). Cheesy it is, but so entertaining and comfort TV. Robert Culp is tops. I can't recall the exact count, but Culp played a Columbo villain several times.
LM K

Post by LM K »

RVInit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:09 pm
LM K wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 pm Does anyone watch The Handmaid's Tale? Season 4 begins on Wed.
:callonme: Now, I'm going to have to finally finish Season 3. I fell off about halfway through and never went back. I read the book so many years ago.
The book is brilliant. A very powerful read.

I recommend reading The Testaments. Iirc, there are rumors that season 5 might include stories from The Testaments.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Prime Video lets me watch season one and three (why no Seasons two???). Cheesy it is, but so entertaining and comfort TV. Robert Culp is tops. I can't recall the exact count, but Culp played a Columbo villain several times.
I've no clue why they restrict Season #2. But I can confirm it is restricted for whatever stupid reason.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Stowaway on Netflix streaming is a morality play wrapped in a bit of scifi that tries to show the arc of humanity in a microcosm. It seems slow, but it's deliberate. You have time to appreciate the situation, and the price of leadership.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:32 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:18 pm
I've no clue why they restrict Season #2. But I can confirm it is restricted for whatever stupid reason.
I assume it was just me and my region. But yah, stupid.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

"The OA" (Netflix series) - 2 seasons (they cancelled it for some reason, but it's excellent)
Seven years after vanishing from her home, a young women returns with mysterious new abilities and recruits five strangers for a secret mission.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4635282/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80044950
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 am Stowaway on Netflix streaming is a morality play wrapped in a bit of scifi that tries to show the arc of humanity in a microcosm. It seems slow, but it's deliberate. You have time to appreciate the situation, and the price of leadership.
That was a good recommend. Yeah, it is a bit slow.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hannibal. Netflix.

Jeez, there’s a lot of dark :shit: in Thomas Harris’s mind. It on display here, well fleshed out :mrgreen: by the writers and Brian Fuller.

I like Mads Mikkelson in the titular role. Watching Hannibal go from supremely, serenely confident as he feeds bits of his victims to his FBI colleagues then less and less confident as the profiler Will Graham gets closer to figuring it all out is very satisfying. His characterization is perfection. I wonder if he got the willies every night?

It’s erudite snd sophisticated and gory as hell.

Don’t watch if you’re allergic to gore. I mean it.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kate520 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 am Hannibal. Netflix.

Jeez, there’s a lot of dark :shit: in Thomas Harris’s mind. It on display here, well fleshed out :mrgreen: by the writers and Brian Fuller.

I like Mads Mikkelson in the titular role. Watching Hannibal go from supremely, serenely confident as he feeds bits of his victims to his FBI colleagues then less and less confident as the profiler Will Graham gets closer to figuring it all out is very satisfying. His characterization is perfection. I wonder if he got the willies every night?

It’s erudite snd sophisticated and gory as hell.

Don’t watch if you’re allergic to gore. I mean it.
I love this series and love Mads in the Hannibal role. I think he played that role to perfection. I agree about the gore. OMG the way some characters meet their end is pretty ookie.

Season three was a little disappointing to me as it got further and further in, but I won't spoil anything by saying why.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Who wants a mushroom?

:twisted:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 am
bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 am Stowaway on Netflix streaming is a morality play wrapped in a bit of scifi that tries to show the arc of humanity in a microcosm. It seems slow, but it's deliberate. You have time to appreciate the situation, and the price of leadership.
That was a good recommend. Yeah, it is a bit slow.
:hat tip:
LM K

Post by LM K »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am Who wants a mushroom?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

You are twisted, indeed! :lol:
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 pm

You are twisted, indeed! :lol:
LM K wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:38 pm
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That was quite the episode. I think it stuck with everyone who watched it. Every fan of Hannibal knows what I'm talking about.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Psylocybin or shitake? I considered the first due to Will’s confusions.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kate520 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:18 pm Psylocybin or shitake? I considered the first due to Will’s confusions.
I think he's talking about Episode 2 of Season 1. Shhhhh. Or maybe not! But that is what came to my mind first.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:04 am "The OA" (Netflix series) - 2 seasons (they cancelled it for some reason, but it's excellent)
Seven years after vanishing from her home, a young women returns with mysterious new abilities and recruits five strangers for a secret mission.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4635282/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80044950
I tried that, and couldn't get into it. And that's my usual cuppa.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”