Stupid Criminals

MN-Skeptic

Stupid Criminals

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Severed finger left behind at crime scene leads to suspect's arrest
Authorities in Arizona have arrested a man who police believe severed his finger while slashing his neighbor’s car tires after an argument.

Maricopa Police Department spokesman Hal Koozer said Kevin Johnson was arrested and identified as the owner of the finger found on his neighbor’s driveway, the Casa Grande Dispatch reported Wednesday.

Francesca Wikoff told police she found the finger on April 15 after discovering her vehicle had two slashed tires on one side. Police said a trail of blood led to a nearby residence.

Authorities said Wikoff and her husband went to a neighbor’s home the day before.

She told police a male neighbor joined them uninvited and became drunk and aggressive. Wikoff said the neighbor pushed and threatened her and her husband before being asked to leave.

Johnson was arrested on multiple charges, including criminal damage, assault, threatening and intimidating, and disorderly conduct.

Online court records did not list an attorney for Johnson, who could comment on his behalf.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Stupid Criminals

Post by Foggy »

Pro Tip:

If'n you cut off your finger whilst vandalizing your neighbor's carmobile, pick it up and carry it to the hospital and ask them nicely to reattach it. Don't forget to say please.

That way, even if you get arrested and do some jail time, you'll at least still have your finger! :doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Caught red-handed :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:12 am Caught red-handed :mrgreen:
:like:

I can just see him figuring out at the last second how tough tires are, and why good knives come with guards.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Just how drunk do you need to be, to do something like this?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:46 am Just how drunk do you need to be, to do something like this?
Moonshine drunk.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Judge rules South Carolina restaurant manager owes more than $500K to worker he enslaved
A judge ruled that a former South Carolina restaurant manager who forced a Black man with intellectual disabilities to work more than 100 hours a week without pay, owes the former employee more than $500,000.

According to The Post and Courier, Bobby Paul Edwards, 56, is serving a 10-year prison sentence for forcing John Christopher Smith, 43, to work at J&J Cafeteria without pay.

Edwards was originally ordered to pay Smith $273,000, which covered minimum wages and overtime compensation he was previously denied, according to court documents.

Federal prosecutors appealed this decision, arguing that Smith should be owed more money because of the delay in receiving pay, which is in line with federal labor laws, the Post and Courier reported.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... s-enslaved

It makes me sick thinking of how often shit like this happens to people who have no one to protect them. :mad: My sweet sister stayed 5 years old her entire life, and she was quite content to be the most spoiled rotten 5 year old that ever was. She died peacefully in her own bed at home with me when she was 48 years old.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :heart:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oops. :doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Woman hoards Gasoline in trunk of Car.

With Stolen Licence Plates.

And speeds to get away from Deputy when ordered to pull over.

And Loses control.

Crashes.

Boom. Boomboomboom.

She emerges on fire and had to be doused by deputy.

Full story at link

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/s- ... d_nn_fb_ma
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:whisper: I bet I know who she voted for last November.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis summarized that news story so well he needs his own daily column -Suranis Snapshots. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 am :whisper: I bet I know who she voted for last November.
The golden calf?
Largo al factotum.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 am :whisper: I bet I know who she voted for last November.
South Carolina..

I'm awaiting the mugshot before I decide who she voted for. -- or if she even voted. :whistle:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Woman hits multiple cops in wild police chase, gets arrested while ordering food at McDonald's drive-thru
A wild police chase of a woman in a stolen truck ended at a McDonald's drive-thru as she attempted to order some food amid the pursuit.
:snippity:

With that information plus tracking the vehicle by GPS, it didn't take long for officers to find the suspect -- identified as 38-year-old Johanna Gardell of Worcester -- in the stolen pickup truck only a few blocks away.

But the chase didn't end there.

"The officer activated his blue lights, got out of his cruiser, and approached the stolen vehicle," the Worcester Police Department said in a statement on Tuesday. "The operator … drove away as the officer walked toward her. The officer got back into his cruiser and followed her at a low rate of speed, but she did not stop. Ms. Gardell began to increase her speed on Main St and drove through red lights. The officer deactivated his lights and sirens and stopped following her for safety reasons."

Gardell then came upon heavy traffic before deciding to crossover into the wrong lane, as well as oncoming traffic, and subsequently ended up driving into a van with the stolen pickup truck, according to police.

"At this point, two officers working a detail and another officer in the area approached the vehicle in an attempt to extract Ms. Gardell," the Worcester Police Department said. "She backed up the vehicle at a high rate of speed and struck a cruiser behind her, and knocked down and dragged one of the detail officers. Officers pursued the stolen vehicle at a low rate of speed before the pursuit was called off for safety reasons."

Gardell then pulled into the drive-thru at a nearby McDonald's restaurant in an attempt to order food, but officers able to locate her again and attempted to arrest her, according to police.

Officers approached her in two vehicles but she intentionally struck one before veering off the road and getting the stolen pickup truck stuck in a pile of mulch that was on the McDonald's property, police said.

Officers were then able to pull Gardell out of the vehicle as she fought and struggled with them during the arrest, according to police.

Gardell is facing a litany of charges, including failure to stop for police, leaving the scene of an accident with personal injury, assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon, malicious mischief to motor vehicle, disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct and use of motor vehicle without authority, among several others.

The Worcester Police Department said that Gardell will now be arraigned in court and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
One officer has been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

15 charges have been filed against Gardell.

Gardell was arrested and charged to selling crack, heroin, mdma, and fentanyl in July 2020. She either paid bail or was released pending trial due to covid.

Gardell is now going to serve a longer sentence than should would have served for stealing a truck. :crazy:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I watch the show "Body Cam" on Investigation Discovery. In one episode, a guy is driving a car in a chase from police cuz he was driving by the house of a woman he had been stalking. For a reason I can't remember, he hijacks a waste management truck. When the police caught him, he told them he had been on meth for several days. He didn't remember running into a stopped police cruiser with the truck.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:14 pm I watch the show "Body Cam" on Investigation Discovery. In one episode, a guy is driving a car in a chase from police cuz he was driving by the house of a woman he had been stalking. For a reason I can't remember, he hijacks a waste management truck. When the police caught him, he told them he had been on meth for several days. He didn't remember running into a stopped police cruiser with the truck.
Don't know if you see much of the meth crowd in your area, but in mine I see plenty, and when they've been up for 5+ days on a binge, they're no longer operating in the same reality as the rest of us... :crazy:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Woah, picked on the wrong woman to be messin' with. :lol: (although slashing her own tires is a bit extreme and I doubt she'll be compensated for that)
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Andrew Blackman Escaped From Cop by Running to Police Station
:snippity: At around 3:20 a.m. on December 21, according to Blackman's probable cause statement, which is on view below, an officer pulled over a green Lexus for a lane violation. The car came to a stop on the 2800 block of West Evans Avenue, an area captured in the following interactive graphic. If you have problems seeing the image, click "View Larger Map."

The driver of the vehicle was Israel Wiggins-Bello, who was subsequently busted for suspected possession of a controlled substance -- an action that led to what everyone will agree is a particularly memorable booking photo:

Blackman, for his part, was in the car's back seat on the right-hand side. After running his name, the arresting officer discovered that he had an active felony weapons warrant out of Michigan -- one serious enough that he could be extradited there.

At that point, the report continues, the officer asked Blackman to exit the Lexus, and he did so -- but then broke free of the cop's grasp and sprinted away on foot. He ran east on West Evans, then south on Clay before jumping a fence and entering a parking lot.

This was Blackman's approximate view:

The lot probably appeared pretty benign to Blackman, especially since it would have been dark outside. But it connects to a building that looks like this: Yep, that's the District 4 police station -- and when he "realized where he landed, and that he was surrounded by officers," the DPD's Facebook account reads, "Blackman immediately game up without incident."

The PC statement adds: "When asked why he ran, Blackman admitted that he knew he had a warrant and did not want to go to jail."
:snippity:
:doh: :rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Stupid Criminals

Post by raison de arizona »

Ali Bradley @AliBradleyTV wrote: TX: “Remarkably, the camera is still sending images to the police department, and it's believed the suspect is unaware of this.”

Man steals one of Del Rio’s game cameras and it’s still taking pictures according to Del Rio Police who are asking for the public’s help in identifying him.

Full statement from DRPD: “The Del Rio Police Department, collaborating with local area law enforcement, is actively working to identify an individual who knowingly stole their city-installed game camera. Remarkably, the camera is still sending images to the police department, and it's believed the suspect is unaware of this. If you have any information to help identify this individual, please contact our dispatch at 830-774-2711, and we will promptly share the details with our police agency partners. Your cooperation is sincerely appreciated in resolving this matter.”

📸 via DRPD
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”