Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

noblepa

Re: Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson

Post by noblepa »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:18 am
When Trump reads this (or, more accurately, when someone reads it to him and explains the hard words), Carlson's going to be in the crosshairs. Ruh-roh!

I don't think so.

Trump only cares about public statements. As long as Carlson feeds the Trump line of BS to his viewers, he will remain one of the orangester's favorites.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There's a lot going on in this segment, such as Tucker accusing Don Lemon of having a "white supremacist QAnon cookie jar," but what stands out is Tucker telling his viewers where Lemon lives.

Remember when he lost his shit over a potential story about his Maine residence?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

1:39 "We're a cable news show..."

But... but...

I thought you were an *opinion* show?

I guess it's news in Tucker's opinion, at least.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:55 pm 1:39 "We're a cable news show..."

But... but...

I thought you were an *opinion* show?

I guess it's news in Tucker's opinion, at least.
They're a "news" show until someone calls them out in court for lying. Then they claim that they are simply expressing an opinion show.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hearing him call Don Le-MON is disgusting, reminded me of "easy peasy lemon squeezy". All he had to bitch about is that Don lives in Sag Harbor and has a black woman cookie jar? WTF is up with Swanson McNear Carlson. Last checked he lost most of his sponsors. They are so desperate for ratings they allow this bullsh*t. Haven't watch Faux all year and after seeing that, there's no reason to look. They are a disgrace.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sykes: You have this pampered man-child trust fund baby calling a decorated veteran a pig and stupid
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tucker’s comment that precipitated the above:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Boy, does Carlson know his military history or what?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Lots of people on Twitter are demanding that USAA (insures many military and retired military folks) stop advertising on Tucker's show.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I believe it's time for liberals to seriously start pushing for cable stations to drop Faux. If Faux want to rebrand themselves as Fox Opinion Network, fine. But as long as they call themselves "Fox News" we should start demanding our cable and satellite providers that enough is enough, we will drop our account if they continue to carry an outlet that is clearly not news and calling themselves news.

There are enough ways to cobble together a good lineup of channels without having to subscribe to a service that continues to pay a premium to Fox so they can continue to make money in spite of the fact that they can't get enough advertisement dollars due to their deceptive programming. This is how Fox gets around having to have advertisers. They charge cable and satellite companies far more than any other station charges for the privilege of carrying their poisonous and democracy destroying programming. Enough.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 am I believe it's time for liberals to seriously start pushing for cable stations to drop Faux. If Faux want to rebrand themselves as Fox Opinion Network, fine. But as long as they call themselves "Fox News" we should start demanding our cable and satellite providers that enough is enough, we will drop our account if they continue to carry an outlet that is clearly not news and calling themselves news.

There are enough ways to cobble together a good lineup of channels without having to subscribe to a service that continues to pay a premium to Fox so they can continue to make money in spite of the fact that they can't get enough advertisement dollars due to their deceptive programming. This is how Fox gets around having to have advertisers. They charge cable and satellite companies far more than any other station charges for the privilege of carrying their poisonous and democracy destroying programming. Enough.
Agreed. I have urged my sister and bro-in-saw to do this (I don't have cable).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We cut the cable years ago. Prime and Hulu are staples. We binge Netflix on and off.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I don't have a cable subscription. If FoxNews is included is included in a cable or live streaming TV package, $2-3 of your monthly bill is going to FoxNews, regardless if you watch it or not.

If you really need to livestream FoxNews (and not pay for it),
https://www.livenewsnow.com/

It's been running for years. It's definitely pirate streaming, but it's never been shut down. :shrug:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tucker Carlson: “Abolishing the suburbs is a major part of the Biden administration's infrastructure plan”

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/t ... cture-plan
TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): According to Julian Castro, the existence of, quote, "concentrated poverty in urban centers, as opposed the suburbs, constituted de facto evidence of racial discrimination." In other words, as long as there is a place that's poorer than the place you live, the place you live is racist. That's insane. But, on the basis of that assumption, they move forward and local jurisdictions were told to eliminate single-family zoning and increase density in business districts, and if they didn't comply, they might lose millions of dollars in community development block grants from HUD. That was a very radical step, and most Americans were unaware it was even happening. And people who live outside the cities are very against it, including faithful Democrats. None of them were for that.

If they wanted to live next to Section 8 housing, they would've stayed in the city in the first place. So, people hate this idea. Suburbs are very complicated organisms, like everything humans build. They have developed over a century, in some cases more than a century, for good reason. To have federal ideologues come in and destroy them is very threatening to people.

The Biden administration is in no mood for negotiation with suburban homeowners -- screw them, with their decent schools and crime-free streets, living in their little 1950s America. According to the principles of equity, those people must be bigots, by definition. They're living better than people who live in densely populated cities are living, therefore we must crush them. This is not a conspiracy theory. Very soon, it could be the law. Read the bill. Abolishing the suburbs is a major part of the Biden administration's infrastructure plan. That legislation is still being negotiated tonight, and it's not final, but already, the media are rushing to defend it. What shills they are, what liars.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm confused. Is Biden going to mow down the suburbs and build high rise apartment buildings far away from public transportation, or is he going to let the Chinese take over the suburbs and move the suburbanites into the city?

(On the NextDoor app, some idiot actually argued that we'd all better pray SCOTUS overturned Biden's win or the Chinese commies would kick us all out of our homes and into the streets.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

Wait, I thought Corey Booker was going to destroy the suburbs? :think:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 am I believe it's time for liberals to seriously start pushing for cable stations to drop Faux. If Faux want to rebrand themselves as Fox Opinion Network, fine. But as long as they call themselves "Fox News" we should start demanding our cable and satellite providers that enough is enough, we will drop our account if they continue to carry an outlet that is clearly not news and calling themselves news.

I've already done that. As far as I know I am not paying Faux a penny.

In Australia, Faux part owns what used to be the only cable network and keeps its content to itself. There are now great alternatives. The downside is that a couple of channels I used to watch are not available anywhere else. SciFi is apparently owned by Faux and they make it unavailable to everybody else a few years back. It was getting pretty repetitive anyway, no great loss. But that local cable company talked CNN into an exclusive deal a few months ago so now the only way I can see CNN is online, which is not my favorite way to watch TV by any means.

Of course they may still have positions in some of the channels I still get that I don't know about.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
somerset

Post by somerset »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:21 pm I'm confused. Is Biden going to mow down the suburbs and build high rise apartment buildings far away from public transportation, or is he going to let the Chinese take over the suburbs and move the suburbanites into the city?
The irony of this is that the best place to find 1950s America is in urban China today ;)
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Tucker Carlson: NSA denies spying on Fox News host BBC News:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57663136

Mebbe widdle tucker should stop working for Putin, eh? Allegedly. Thank you Simon for the reminder.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He wishes.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:36 am Tucker Carlson: NSA denies spying on Fox News host BBC News:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57663136

Mebbe widdle tucker should stop working for Putin, eh? Allegedly. Thank you Simon for the reminder.
And, if they deny it, that is proof that the allegations are true.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yep, just like my now crazy neighbor who said if Facebook, etc bans it, that's how you know it's true.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:30 am Yep, just like my now crazy neighbor who said if Facebook, etc bans it, that's how you know it's true.

There's a certain mindset that works that works that way.

I've heard UFO believers argue that the government denies that they have a recovered alien spaceship and alien bodies (kept either at Area 51 or in a secret hangar at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio). The denial proves that they do, in fact, have such artifacts.

Trying to point out that, if the government does NOT have aliens somewhere, they would also deny having aliens somewhere doesn't seem to mean anything to them. To me, it proves nothing either way.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 am They charge cable and satellite companies far more than any other station charges for the privilege of carrying their poisonous and democracy destroying programming. Enough.
ESPN is actually the most expensive channel:
https://www.businessinsider.com/cable-satellite-tv-sub-fees-espn-networks-2017-3 wrote:ESPN (in 2017) charges $7.21 per subscriber, by far the most expensive cable network, and up 54% from what they were charging in 2011... and that is just for ESPN's main network.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”