Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson

Post by neonzx »

noblepa wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:42 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 am I don't even understand the point of this except to go out of one's way to be an obnoxious asshole.
Mr. Carlson doesn't need to go out of his way. Being an obnoxious asshole is his whole shtick.
Isn't that the 'shtick' of ALL the Fox News primetime hosts, er um 'personalities'?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Seen on twitter:

I will continue to wear a mask. I don't want people to think I watch Tucker Carlson.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

IMO Fucker's latest bit of radical-right self-promotion checks quite a few of the greatest hits of propaganda:

1) It feeds the right-wing hatred of and desire to scorn anything remotely healthy.

2) Ditto climate change.

3) It fans the emotions of the Live Free and Die crowd (I'll lump in the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers and anti-sciencers with this one).

4) It takes a back-handed swipe at CPS: I'm sure the idea of CPS receiving thousands of crank calls about lib-tard parents fills a certain section of the right with glee.

5) It owns the libs--just look how they all took the bait and amplified.

6) It's so obviously untrue/facetious in the clear cool light of day that it fits exactly into Fucker's get-out-of-court-free card: it's just entertainment and not serious journalism.

I'm actually over this shit being amplified on Twitter.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:24 pm IMO Fucker's latest bit of radical-right self-promotion checks quite a few of the greatest hits of propaganda:

1) It feeds the right-wing hatred of and desire to scorn anything remotely healthy.

2) Ditto climate change.

3) It fans the emotions of the Live Free and Die crowd (I'll lump in the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers and anti-sciencers with this one).

4) It takes a back-handed swipe at CPS: I'm sure the idea of CPS receiving thousands of crank calls about lib-tard parents fills a certain section of the right with glee.

6) It's so obviously untrue/facetious in the clear cool light of day that it fits exactly into Fucker's get-out-of-court-free card: it's just entertainment and not serious journalism.

I feel so owned! :faint:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 am I don't even understand the point of this except to go out of one's way to be an obnoxious asshole.
This is exactly their point.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I got so involved listing the many aspects of Fucker's Call the Cops If You See a Child With a Mask gambit that I forgot to list the one that first leapt out at me:

7) He continues the War on Words of Violence by equating wearing a mask with child abuse. This is a Nazi tactic: Describe small, everyday actions with words of violence -- torture, murder, slavery, abuse, etc.-- to dull the power of such words. So that when the right performs acts of torture, slavery, and abuse, and people call them out for what they are, the words have been defanged. A sick language appropriation.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

No question Carlson is evil, but I also think he is seriously mentally ill.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

little tucker fucker wore his little boy bow ties to tight

say that 3 times really fast
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Tucker has probably hit the inevitable wall where he has pushed the boundries so far in order to feed his audiances addiction that he cannot say anything that is not completly offensive without losing his audiance.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lin Wood is mentally ill.

Fucker is warped by his addiction to power. Like many an addict before him, he will do anything to get a fix.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

178562758_219009329997739_3751125809428447313_n.jpg
178562758_219009329997739_3751125809428447313_n.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I think accusing Tucker Carlson of being mentally ill is entirely too exculpatory.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:56 pm I think accusing Tucker Carlson of being mentally ill is entirely too exculpatory.
Yes. I want a diagnosis code.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Hey! I also said he was evil.

Why not both?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 pm Hey! I also said he was evil.

Why not both?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 pm Hey! I also said he was evil.

Why not both?
Because mental illness is a sad, horrible thing that deserves compassion.

Whereas being drunk on power is despicable and deserves condemnation and consequences.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:16 am

Why not both?
Because mental illness is a sad, horrible thing that deserves compassion.

Whereas being drunk on power is despicable and deserves condemnation and consequences.
:yeahthat:

Also I don't seen any evidence that he's mentally ill. Just an asshole of the highest degree.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

dafuq?
Tucker Carlson Says Vladimir Putin’s Posing ‘Fair Questions’ About Ashli Babbitt Shooting
:snippity:
“We are living through the transformation of a formerly democratic republic into something else. We’re looking at growing authoritarianism. That’s not an overstatement,” he continued.

Carlson then invoked the Russian leader and said, “Vladimir Putin knows authoritarian systems very well, and he sees clearly what is happening in this country.”
[ :rotflmao: Putin is protecting the U.S. from authoritarianism :rotflmao: ]
Putin denied it and immediately went on to ask, “Did you order the assassination of the woman who walked into the Congress and was shot and killed by a policeman?”

He went on to say the rioters “didn’t go there to steal a laptop, they came with political demands.”

Carlson followed that up by saying that Vladimir Putin is raising “fair questions”:
Okay. So yeah, we just played tape of Vladimir Putin. Now, under normal circumstances, we would never play tape of a foreign adversary criticizing our government. But honestly those are fair questions.

“Who did shoot Ashli Babbitt and why don’t we know?” Carlson continued. “Are anonymous federal agents now allowed to kill unarmed women who protest the regime? That’s okay now? No, it’s not okay.”

He asked why “all those January 6th protesters” are in prison while “Biden voters who torched federal buildings” aren’t.

“If all that was going on in Russia, we would rightly call it scary. We would call Putin a dictator. In fact, we do call him a dictator,” Carlson added.
Video at link: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carl ... -shooting/

Top rated "news" show folks (by far), and not just with the ancients, Swanson McNear leads in the 25-54 demographic as well.

That's some weird shit, as GWB would say.

Bonus tweet regarding the ongoing Ashli Babbit deification (defecation?):
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Obviously, stand your ground only applies if it's their house, not "the people's house."
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:24 pm IMO Fucker's latest bit of radical-right self-promotion checks quite a few of the greatest hits of propaganda:

2) Ditto climate change.

I was over the amplification 4 years ago. I rant about the amplification by the LW "Outrage Machine"
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:31 pm Obviously, stand your ground only applies if it's their house, not "the people's house."
Or Portland, where anonymous federal agents from the previous administration were disappearing protesters.

Carlson, IIRC, praised those federal agents.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"It's legally impossible."

@eliehonig
explains why Tucker Carlson's theory that the FBI organized the January 6th riot is "dead wrong."
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tucker Carlson Calls Journalists ‘Animals.’ He’s Also Their Best Source.
His platform on Fox News made him a big player in Donald Trump’s circle. Off camera, he shapes the coverage of Trump’s world and Fox’s own internal politics.

Last month, I texted Tucker Carlson to ask him a question that was on my mind: “Did you get vaccinated?”

“When was the last time you had sex with your wife and in what position?” he replied. “We can trade intimate details.”

Then we argued back and forth about vaccines, and he ended the conversation with a friendly invitation to return to his show. “Always a good time.”

One question you may be asking, if you are a New York Times reader, is: Why are you exchanging texts with Tucker Carlson, the Fox News host who recently described the media at large as “cringing animals who are not worthy of respect”?

And if you are a Tucker Carlson viewer, you may also be asking: How can the guy who tells you every night that the media is lying be texting with the enemy?

The answer is one of Washington’s open secrets. Mr. Carlson, a proud traitor to the elite political class, spends his time when he’s not denouncing the liberal media trading gossip with them. He’s the go-to guy for sometimes-unflattering stories about Donald J. Trump and for coverage of the internal politics of Fox News (not to mention stories about Mr. Carlson himself). I won’t talk here about any off-the-record conversations I may have had with him. But 16 other journalists (none from The Times; it would put my colleagues in a weird position if I asked them) told me on background that he has been, as three of them put it, “a great source.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/20/busi ... rlson.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd buy that. He's a swarmy, spoiled, rich brat who loves the idea that the media hangs on his every word. Kinda like that other guy.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:11 am
Tucker Carlson Calls Journalists ‘Animals.’ He’s Also Their Best Source.
And if you are a Tucker Carlson viewer, you may also be asking: How can the guy who tells you every night that the media is lying be texting with the enemy?

The answer is one of Washington’s open secrets. Mr. Carlson, a proud traitor to the elite political class, spends his time when he’s not denouncing the liberal media trading gossip with them. He’s the go-to guy for sometimes-unflattering stories about Donald J. Trump and for coverage of the internal politics of Fox News (not to mention stories about Mr. Carlson himself). I won’t talk here about any off-the-record conversations I may have had with him. But 16 other journalists (none from The Times; it would put my colleagues in a weird position if I asked them) told me on background that he has been, as three of them put it, “a great source.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/20/busi ... rlson.html
When Trump reads this (or, more accurately, when someone reads it to him and explains the hard words), Carlson's going to be in the crosshairs. Ruh-roh!

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”