Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Active Shooter

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Active Shooter

Post by neonzx »

neeneko wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 am I suspect it was someone trying to do an ad-hoc 'second amendment audit' style experiment. Not actually planning to do anything, but wanted to upset people and the police into arresting him for 'doing something legal'.
Naw, I'm not feeling it. This person is a 22yo? If he was 42yo, you might make that case.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 am
neeneko wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 am I suspect it was someone trying to do an ad-hoc 'second amendment audit' style experiment. Not actually planning to do anything, but wanted to upset people and the police into arresting him for 'doing something legal'.
Naw, I'm not feeling it. This person is a 22yo? If he was 42yo, you might make that case.
I get the vibe of a "practice run." If so... yikes.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dylan-ma ... _n_2068856

This cretin, who at the time was living close by to me, would deliberately walk into the local Safeway and QFC with his little AR-15 slung on his back SPECIFICALLY to get a rise out of people.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 am

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dylan-ma ... _n_2068856

This cretin, who at the time was living close by to me, would deliberately walk into the local Safeway and QFC with his little AR-15 slung on his back SPECIFICALLY to get a rise out of people.
I remember that punk. Not from Safeway, but the other story.

I'm so glad the grocery stores have online order and drive up to pick up and can avoid cretins like him.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

There is no other reason for walking into a store or busy public area in modern US society other than to get a rise. Usually fear. And to get a high from that rise.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

10 People Shot, 2 Fatally, in Virginia Beach, Police Say
The police chief described a “chaotic” night involving what officials believe to be two unrelated cases of gunfire within blocks of each other.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/27/us/v ... daysback_4
Officers were called to a shooting on Atlantic Avenue at 20th Street in the oceanfront resort area at about 11:20 p.m., the police said on Saturday.

A group of people were involved “in some type of conflict that resulted in a physical fight,” the police said. “At some point during the physical altercation, several individuals produced firearms and began shooting at each other, resulting in numerous people being wounded. ”Eight people were taken to the hospital with serious or life-threatening wounds, the police said.

:snippity:

Several minutes later, after the shooting on Atlantic Avenue and as officers were managing the initial crime scene and the crowd that had gathered, officers heard additional gunshots nearby.

Officers found a woman, identified as Deshayla E. Harris, 29, of Norfolk, Va., who had been shot at 19th Street, near Pacific Avenue. Ms. Harris was a bystander and died at the scene, the police said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://sputniknews.com/us/202103291082 ... onal-park/
According to a statement made on the official Everglades National Park's Twitter account on Sunday, an "active shooter incident happening" at the park. The main park road has been closed, and a shelter-in-place warning has been issued.

The Everglades National Park's statement said that the suspect is "a 33 y.o. white male". A response to the incident is being coordinated by federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, the officials noted.

The suspect remains at large, and the park on State Road 9336 is now reportedly closed.

According to Everglades National Park, the gunman opened fire at park rangers unprovoked.

"There are no injuries to report as of now", the officials said.
Active shooter incident happening at Everglades NP. Main park road (SR 9336) closed for public safety. Visitors/residents in Flamingo should shelter in place. Suspect is a 33 y.o. white male. Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies are coordinating the response.

— Everglades National Park (@EvergladesNPS) March 29, 2021
That's all at the link.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

jesus

as a CCW and a safe of a variety

get rid of the guns. this is riduculous
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Suspect has been located and is in custody. Incident has been resolved. Press release to follow soon. Please continue to avoid the area.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Update:
Local 10 News has learned that a man at the park was stopped by law enforcement and then began shooting at park rangers unprovoked. The suspect is a 33-year-old white male with long hair, authorities said.

It is unclear why law enforcement wanted to detain the man. He remains at large and officials said they are searching for the suspect, who is considered armed and dangerous.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021 ... ities-say/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sheesh, America. We don't have to work through the 12 month backlog of mass shootings in one week
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/news/le- ... 8mar21.htm
HOMESTEAD, Fla. — On March 28 at 6:45 p.m., a 33-year-old white male suspect fired shots at law enforcement rangers along the main park road on State Road 9336, approximately 20 miles from the Homestead entrance. A multi-agency response was initiated. The suspect surrendered and was taken into custody at 8:59 p.m. No one was injured.

Earlier in the day, two park rangers responded to a domestic violence investigation at Mahogany Hammock, involving the same suspect. When the rangers arrived, the suspect had left the scene in his vehicle and was believed to be headed south toward Flamingo. At 5:52 p.m., rangers located the empty vehicle on the main park road, just south of Paurotis Pond. Given the evidence found on scene, the rangers suspected that the subject had fled into the woods and was armed.

With the assistance of Miami-Dade Police Department, the park closed the Homestead entrance to the park on State Road 9336. Public safety notifications and updates were posted on the park’s Twitter account and emailed to local news desks and reporters.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

2 Shot in Frederick, Maryland; Suspect Killed at Fort Detrick
The U.S. Navy said the suspect was a Navy Hospital Corpsman; the public is "no longer at risk," authorities said

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... wt_DCBrand
A Navy Hospital Corpsman shot and wounded two people at an office park in Frederick, Maryland, on Tuesday and then went to Fort Detrick, where he was fatally shot by personnel there, officials say.

The 38-year-old gunman shot two men at a business in Riverside Tech Park in the 8400 block of Progress Drive, Frederick authorities said. They didn't name the business, and it wasn't clear if the shooting happened inside or outside.

No information was immediately released on any relationship between the suspect and the victims.

Frederick Police Chief Jason Lando said authorities received a call about 8:20 a.m. reporting an "active shooter" situation at Riverside Tech Park. People fled from the business, he said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
realist

Post by realist »

Pretty close to home.

The princess and I live about 12 miles from Frederick.
Image X 4
Image X 32
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

realist wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:25 am Pretty close to home.

The princess and I live about 12 miles from Frederick.
I had dinner with a friend in Frederick last night. It was the first time I've been to DC/Baltimore or environs in a few years.

I would have waved when I drove by had I but known you were down there. I was doing some business in a DC suburb and stopped by to see my longtime friend on the way home.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 06054.html
YORK COUNTY, SC -- Five people were killed Wednesday and a sixth wounded in York County in a mass shooting by a suspect caught in a manhunt that ended early Thursday, officials said.

The victims included a prominent Rock Hill doctor and his wife, two of their grandchildren, and a worker who was at the doctor’s Marshall Road home outside Rock Hill where the shootings took place, police and coroner officials said.

York County Sheriff’s Office deputies said an eight-hour manhunt ended around 1 a.m. at a home near where the shooting happened.

York County Coroner Sabrina Gast identified the victims found dead in the house as: Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70; his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69; Adah Lesslie, 9; and Noah Lesslie, 5.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dallas Morning News
@dallasnews
Multiple people wounded in shooting at Bryan business
Shooter not in custody.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Police: Suspect at large after shooting in Bryan, multiple people injured

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... fe9cd1c936
BRYAN, Texas — A manhunt is underway for the suspect involved in a shooting that resulted in multiple people injured in Bryan, according to the Bryan Police Department.

Police were called out to 350 Stone City Drive around 2:30 p.m. in response to a shooting. A perimeter was set up by Bryan and College Station police around Brazos County Industrial Park. Police say they have secured the area.

At this time, the number of people injured is not known. Bryan police say at least six ambulances arrived to the scene.

There is no suspect information.
filly

Post by filly »

Bryan is getting rough!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Morgan Chesky
@BreakingChesky
NEW: Per Bryan PD, afternoon shooting at area business leaves one person dead, four others in critical condition, and one with “non-critical” injuries. #NBCNews
filly

Post by filly »

No suspect in custody. It was at Kent Moore Cabinets. No suspect description. The shooting happened 2 1/2 hours ago.
somerset

Post by somerset »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:10 am https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 06054.html
YORK COUNTY, SC -- Five people were killed Wednesday and a sixth wounded in York County in a mass shooting by a suspect caught in a manhunt that ended early Thursday, officials said.

The victims included a prominent Rock Hill doctor and his wife, two of their grandchildren, and a worker who was at the doctor’s Marshall Road home outside Rock Hill where the shootings took place, police and coroner officials said.

York County Sheriff’s Office deputies said an eight-hour manhunt ended around 1 a.m. at a home near where the shooting happened.

York County Coroner Sabrina Gast identified the victims found dead in the house as: Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70; his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69; Adah Lesslie, 9; and Noah Lesslie, 5.
Some more on this:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/york- ... index.html

Former NFL player Phillip Adams killed five people -- including a prominent doctor, his wife and their two young grandchildren -- at the physician's South Carolina home Wednesday before killing himself in his own family's home nearby, authorities said.

Investigators believe Adams, 32, forced his way into Dr. Robert Lesslie's home in Rock Hill and shot Lesslie, his wife and the two grandchildren in a room, as well as two air conditioning technicians outside, York County Sheriff Kevin Tolson said. Killed were Lesslie, his wife Barbara Lesslie, two grandchildren ages 5 and 9, and air conditioning technician James Lewis, of Gastonia, North Carolina, authorities said.

Something that Adams left at the home led investigators to believe he was the gunman, and they went to a home about a quarter of a mile down the road, where he was staying with his parents, Tolson said.

Officers removed the parents from the home, and tried to contact Adams. Eventually, officers found him dead, Tolson said, though they did not hear gunshots. Adams died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, York County Coroner Sabrina Gast said.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
Replying to
@ABC
LATEST: Bryan police said they believe the suspect is in custody. The person in custody is an employee of the company.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, and some jerk I'm related to said on Facebook last night that they should go after the criminals and take their guns first. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

filly wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 pm Bryan is getting rough!
My grandmother's family is from Bryan. In my mind, it is a sleepy little East Texas town. Haven't been there in ages.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”