Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Florida Man

Gregg

Re: Florida Man

Post by Gregg »

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

He belongs to the VFW? I don't know their by-laws, but most of these kinds of organizations will not accept you as a member if you are a convicted felon.
Il factotum
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

This is a Florida woman, but still...

https://cbs12.com/news/local/florida-wo ... e-and-eggs

Florida woman broke into a house and made herself breakfast. The article is a little short on details, but I kind of feel sorry for this woman. She is obviously delusional and needs professional help. She didn't hurt anyone, either.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I'm surprised he didn't get charged for spreading through a construction zone.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He did. Well... not so much spreading, but speeding, yes.

Northland10:
For completeness, he was also cited for:

1. Littering (tossing the beer out the window).
2. Open container (probably the same beer, or maybe he cracked open a new one after tossing his former one).
3. Failure to stop at a stop sign
4. Speeding in a construction zone.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Florida Family Indicted for Selling Toxic Bleach as Fake “Miracle” Cure for Covid-19 and Other Serious Diseases, and for Violating Court Orders
Defendants Accused of Attempting to Avoid Government Regulation by Selling Products Through a Company They Deceptively Named “Genesis II Church of Health and Healing”

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/fl ... -and-other
A federal grand jury in Miami has returned an indictment charging a Florida man -- Mark Grenon, 62 -- and his three sons -- Jonathan Grenon, 34, Jordan Grenon, 26, and Joseph Grenon, 32 -- with fraudulently marketing and selling “Miracle Mineral Solution,” a toxic industrial bleach, as a cure for COVID-19, cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, autism, malaria, hepatitis, Parkinson’s, herpes, HIV/AIDS, and other serious medical conditions, and with defying federal court orders.

Jonathan and Jordan Grenon were arrested last summer on related charges based on a criminal complaint filed by Miami federal prosecutors.

According to the indictment, the Grenons, all of Bradenton, Florida, manufactured, promoted, and sold a product they named Miracle Mineral Solution (“MMS”). MMS is a chemical solution containing sodium chlorite and water which, when ingested orally, became chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleach typically used for industrial water treatment or bleaching textiles, pulp, and paper. The Grenons claimed that ingesting MMS could treat, prevent, and cure COVID-19, according to the charges. The FDA, however, had not approved MMS for treatment of COVID-19, or for any other use. Rather, in prior official warning statements, the FDA had strongly urged consumers not to purchase or use MMS for any reason, explaining that drinking MMS was the same as drinking bleach and could cause dangerous side effects, including severe vomiting, diarrhea, and life-threatening low blood pressure. See https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... r-products. In fact, FDA received reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and even dying after drinking MMS.

The indictment further alleges that before marketing MMS as a cure for COVID-19, the Grenons marketed MMS as a miracle cure-all for dozens of other serious diseases and disorders, even though the FDA had not approved MMS for any use. The Grenons sold tens of thousands of bottles of MMS nationwide, including to consumers throughout South Florida, according to the allegations. They sold this dangerous product under the guise of Genesis II Church of Health and Healing (“Genesis”), an entity they are accused of creating to avoid government regulation of MMS and shield themselves from prosecution. According to charging documents, Genesis’ own websites describe Genesis as a “non-religious church,” and Defendant Mark Grenon, the co-founder of Genesis, has repeatedly acknowledged that Genesis “has nothing to do with religion,” and that he founded Genesis to “legalize the use of MMS” and avoid “going [ ] to jail.” The Genesis websites further stated that MMS could be acquired only through a “donation” to Genesis, but the donation amounts for MMS orders were set at specific dollar amounts, and were mandatory, such that the donation amounts were effectively just sales prices. The indictment alleges that the Grenons received more than $1 million from selling MMS.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its not sold as bleach. You have to mix what's in the carton with Fruit Juice and then drink it as if it came pre packed it would evaporate very fast. So, uh its "natural"

There was a thread on the forum about these asses and that are people I would happily kill stone dead. They market to desperate families who go on the slightest chance that this stuff might fix their kid. Its not stupidity, its desperation.
Hic sunt dracones
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

THE very reason the oldest maxim in medicine is “primum non nocere.” Quack “remedies” have been killing people for millennia.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Putting this here because the state lege is mostly made up of Floriduh Man. The article doesn't know yet if DeSantis will sign this.

https://www.winknews.com/2021/05/20/und ... l-consent/
Under proposed law, no emergency care for kids without parental consent
A bill nearing law in Florida would make it criminal for a doctor or trained medical professional to step in and help an underaged child in an emergency without parental consent.

That means if your child is in a life-threatening medical situation and you’re not around, a doctor wouldn’t be allowed to step in and save your child.

Doctors would have to break their oath or break the law, according to the Florida Medical Association and eight other professional organizations.

Kids in sports play hard and they can get hurt – sometimes seriously – so what happens if you’re not there? Right now, a doctor or nurse who happens to be there can treat your child, but medical experts believe that would change if Gov. Ron DeSantis signs what lawmakers call the “Parents’ Bill of Rights.”
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, easy solution.

No more sports for kids, they are forever restricted to video games.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Solution to what? What’s the problem this bill looks to solve? Duh, Flora!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kate520 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:44 pm Solution to what? What’s the problem this bill looks to solve? Duh, Flora!
Kids getting treatment from them scientists guys instead of letting the Good Lord pass over them and heal there wounds with the power of The Holy Spirit.

Which is not to make fun of Christian Scientists who I think kind of believe something that leads to the same reaction but appear to me more sincere and less stupid in their approach. I'm talking about the people who send money to Kenneth Copeland every month so he doesn't have to get in a long aluminum tube with DEMONS.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Kate520 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:44 pm Solution to what? What’s the problem this bill looks to solve? Duh, Flora!
Kids getting treatment from them scientists guys instead of letting the Good Lord pass over them and heal there wounds with the power of The Holy Spirit.

Which is not to make fun of Christian Scientists who I think kind of believe something that leads to the same reaction but appear to me more sincere and less stupid in their approach. I'm talking about the people who send money to Kenneth Copeland every month so he doesn't have to get in a long aluminum tube with DEMONS.
Yeah, I wonder if this bill isn't a reaction to some religious zealot, whose child was treated in an emergency room without their knowledge, because the doctors couldn't locate them.

"We must protect religious freedom" was probably in what pass for minds of the moronic state legislators, not realizing (or not caring) that this bill potentially endangers a lot of children.

And, why limit it to just children? Why not prohibit all emergency care without consent? Of course, if someone is brought, unconscious, to the ER how are they going to give consent?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I should have pointed out it doesn't apply to ERs. It's an open field thing. If a child is injured at a soccer game and the parent isn't there and unavailable, possibly at a dr appt with phone turned off for example, any nurses or doctors in the audience aren't allowed to assist. I wonder if it applies to team doctors at, say, school football or basketball games. It is also unclear if a regular Joe is allowed to perform CPR if, perhaps, a child falls into a swimming pool.

Either way, it's stupid as hell. So DeSantis will probably sign.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:42 am Putting this here because the state lege is mostly made up of Floriduh Man. The article doesn't know yet if DeSantis will sign this.

https://www.winknews.com/2021/05/20/und ... l-consent/
Under proposed law, no emergency care for kids without parental consent
Not really "Florida man", but do we have a DeSantis thread on FB 2.0?

Just insane. They'd let a child die just because a parent was not present to give consent for treatment?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I have no idea what the thinking (?) is behind this law. When my kids were little and spending time with other people, we always traded "medical permission slips" with each other. I don't remember where we got the original template but it basically said X has my permission to seek medical attention for my child Y until I can be contacted. We signed and dated and put contact info and sent it off with our kids. It came in handy when my daughter broke her arm in TN while visiting friends. No issues at all from the hospital with accepting it.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I just read the proposed bill. A lot of sumpin about nuttin. It does not apply to emergency medical care inside or outside of the school. It would not prevent or punish anyone, medical professional or otherwise for someone for providing first aid. The bill focuses on the right of a parent to be notified of non-emergency medical procedures, taking of DNA, classes on sex education and so on.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, in other words, more made up fuel for the Outrage industry.
Hic sunt dracones
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Suranis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:39 pm So, in other words, more made up fuel for the Outrage industry.
IANAL, but I see nothing in the bill to suggest letting a kid bleed to death on a baseball field. It appears to make sure rabid parents get to be noticed of any sensible sex education or other "liberal indoctrination " teaching and be able to opt out their children. Vaccines and all that stuff.

Also, no biometric liberal chip implants.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

SEX EDUCATION!!!!!!???????
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:00 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:39 pm So, in other words, more made up fuel for the Outrage industry.
IANAL, but I see nothing in the bill to suggest letting a kid bleed to death on a baseball field. It appears to make sure rabid parents get to be noticed of any sensible sex education or other "liberal indoctrination " teaching and be able to opt out their children. Vaccines and all that stuff.

Or birth control for sexually active teenagers.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

noblepa wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Correct. Parents must be notified if their kids are donr some 'splaining about sperm and eggs.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Florida high school alters 80 'immodest' yearbook photos of students”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57232694

“A Florida high school is facing backlash for altering the yearbook photos of 80 female students to add clothing to their chests and shoulders.
The school district told local media the changes were made to ensure the photos met the dress code, which says girls' shirts must be "modest".
But critics pointed to yearbook photos of male students left unedited despite violating the same standards.
The digital alterations were made without permission, the students say.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:22 pm
noblepa wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Correct. Parents must be notified if their kids are donr some 'splaining about sperm and eggs.
No, no.. they are just supposed to f*#ck as doG willed, and the chips fall where they may. No education! And no followup support either. Hmph!

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”