Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Florida Man

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Florida Man

Post by Frater I*I »

roadscholar wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:42 pm Will they have access to the Jewish Space Lasers?

Asking for a friend (see avatar).
No that's me...

I even have the badge to prove it...we're part of the Death Star of David Division....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Their slogan: "Resistance is gentile." ;)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

roadscholar wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:42 pm Will they have access to the Jewish Space Lasers?

Asking for a friend (see avatar).
"natch
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

roadscholar wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:53 pm My buddy Pacino with his nose tight in my armpit. His favorite place.
Is Pacino a dachshund, or an armadillo?

:shrug:

Not a thread hijack, 'cause if a man with an armadillo in his armpit ain't Floriduh man, what is?

:rotflmao:

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Il factotum
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

zekeb wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 am You're not in Florida anymore, Florida Man.

Florida man arrested on TriMet bus with guns, ammunition and other weapons, police say
Well, we must admit our world renowned mass transit system has become a destination attraction for travelers. Florida has Disney sumpinerother, and that Universal Studios thingamabob. We have Trimet. Hey, an exciting ride is an exciting ride. Don't knock it.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Gregg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 am
roadscholar wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:53 pm My buddy Pacino with his nose tight in my armpit. His favorite place.

Not a thread hijack, 'cause if a man with an armadillo in his armpit ain't Floriduh man, what is?

A sixty-pound pit bull rescued from a shelter in downtown Baltimore. You know, the kind of dog a Florida Man might have. ;)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

bill_g wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:37 am
zekeb wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 am You're not in Florida anymore, Florida Man.

Florida man arrested on TriMet bus with guns, ammunition and other weapons, police say
Well, we must admit our world renowned mass transit system has become a destination attraction for travelers. Florida has Disney sumpinerother, and that Universal Studios thingamabob. We have Trimet. Hey, an exciting ride is an exciting ride. Don't knock it.
Yes but the Trimet Barber wasn't as deadly. Creepier, yes. Deadlier, maybe not.
Il factotum
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

roadscholar wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:01 am
Gregg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 am

A sixty-pound pit bull rescued from a shelter in downtown Baltimore. You know, the kind of dog a Florida Man might have. ;)
All dogs are good. I'm afraid of them, but that's me, 'cause all dogs are good dogs.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

zekeb wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:19 am Yes but the Trimet Barber wasn't as deadly. Creepier, yes. Deadlier, maybe not.
No. The Barber was not deadly at all. Jeremy Christian OTOH was. And don't forget the option for riders to stab a bus operator randomly. So thrilling.
Attachments
Mona Lisa on bus.jpg
Mona Lisa on bus.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Florida woman. Either drugs, mental illness or both.

Total bail: $5,000. I'd hope there'd also be a psych hold, but...Florida.
Estiveoshot_20210605_200434.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

I wonder if this naked Florida woman is her friend?
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida woman who was reported missing on March 3 was rescued from a storm drain in Delray Beach on Tuesday, authorities said.

The woman, believed to be in her 40s, was found naked and trapped in a storm drain near the intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and Southwest 11th Avenue. Someone passing by heard her cries for help and called 911, officials said.

Firefighters responded and were able to remove the storm grate, lower down a ladder and lift the woman up to safety.
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/missi ... orm-drain/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:08 pm Florida woman. Either drugs, mental illness or both.

A: Love how the tazer dropped her like a rock.

B: Meth is a helluva drug...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:35 am
Estiveo wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:08 pm Florida woman. Either drugs, mental illness or both.
► Show Spoiler

A: Love how the tazer dropped her like a rock.

B: Meth is a helluva drug...
Yeah that body armor hardly worked at all.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Naked? She's wearing shoes. How many here noticed?
Il factotum
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:callonme:
Image Image Image Image
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:57 am:callonme:
Yes Estiveo, but...
Il factotum
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Obviously, right?
Image Image Image Image
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

She was only Tasered? If she were black she would either be dead by multiple shots to the back or by knee on the neck treatment.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Tasering is dangerous. I thought it was a bit too much, but I wasn't there witnessing it. She wasn't carrying a concealed weapon.
Il factotum
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

zekeb wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:15 pm Tasering is dangerous. I thought it was a bit too much, but I wasn't there witnessing it. She wasn't carrying a concealed weapon.
My understanding from the article was that she was throwing bottles at the officers. Despite what the movies show, they can be dangerous and somebody already willing to assault the officers that way might go for the biting next if they get past her bottle launching. In this day of known blood-borne pathogens (and you don't know if the suspect out of control as she was not a high risk for unsterile needles), they probably are careful not to let the suspect try and bite areas, like arms, that are not protected by armor. To me, it could be a tough call naked or not.

As for whether she was actually doing drugs, the article mentioned that she only had THC in her system.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"... Only had THC..." is enough. Cannabis Induced Psychosis is very much a thing.

https://greencamp.com/cannabis-induced-psychosis/
In this article, we’ll try to sum up the latest studies that exploit this subject and bring you the essential facts you should know about cannabis induced psychosis.

Symptoms

When experiencing a psychotic episode while high, an individual is always separated from reality in some form. Different manifestations include:

Delusions
A delusional person has false beliefs, despite strong evidence that speak otherwise. Common delusions in marijuana induced psychosis are paranoia, extreme suspicion, and a sense of grandiosity (believing that you can do more than you are capable of).

Hallucinations
One perceives things that contradict reality via different senses (visual and auditory are the most usual).

Dissociation from the real world
Dissociation is a sense of being detached from reality. It can manifest as depersonalization (having a feeling that you are outside of your body) and derealization (believing that objects around you are not real).

Inability to organize thoughts
Another manifestation is having disturbing thoughts and little control over them, followed by a difficulty to focus and speak in a rational order.

Emotional extremes and behavioral changes
If the above are present in a psychosis episode, a person typically has exaggerated effects, characterized by anger and agitation, or, on the other end of the spectrum, by a lack of any effect whatsoever (catatonic behavior).

Although it doesn’t necessarily mean that a psychotic is dangerous, many of these symptoms can lead to risky behavior.

For example, paranoia can trigger the need to defend oneself, which could end up in an over-aggressive attitude. A delusion of grandiosity can immerse a person in actions that are potentially self-harming.

Naturally, in these cases, it is crucial to seek help and prevent further accidents.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26876313/
Cannabis-induced psychosis associated with high potency "wax dabs"
Joseph M Pierre 1 , Michael Gandal 2 , Maya Son 3
Affiliations

PMID: 26876313 DOI: 10.1016/j.schres.2016.01.056

Abstract

With mounting evidence that the risk of cannabis-induced psychosis may be related to both dose and potency of tetrahydrocannbinol (THC), increasing reports of psychosis associated with cannabinoids containing greater amounts of THC are anticipated. We report two cases of emergent psychosis after using a concentrated THC extract known as cannabis "wax," "oil," or "dabs" raising serious concerns about its psychotic liability. Although "dabbing" with cannabis wax is becoming increasingly popular in the US for both recreational and "medicinal" intentions, our cases raise serious concerns about its psychotic liability and highlight the importance of understanding this risk by physicians recommending cannabinoids for purported medicinal purposes.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My coincidence, I just saw this article about Irish police "coming under Glass bottle fire," in Dublin last night. Glass bottles are no joke.

https://beat102103.com/news/gardai-unde ... d-arrests/
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:45 pm "... Only had THC..." is enough. Cannabis Induced Psychosis is very much a thing.
Yes, it can, in cases, do that. It can also be additive in some cases. Like alcohol, it's not benign.
(I have a 90 day rule -- if I get high, 90+ days must pass before the next time)
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

I didn't see a close up of her face, but her body looked trim and fit, especially for someone aged 50+. THC perhaps. Heavy drug users tend to age rapidly. She could have had a short circuit in her brainbox too.
Il factotum

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”