Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Happy Pride Month! Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Foggy »

While I was at the 5 star hotel last week, I met a young lady (she was 17) (I didn't ask her for a date) (ol' Wifehorn would've done something bad) (real bad) who had a number of slogan buttons on her backpack. One of them - the only one that made me say, "I gotta have this" - was a rainbow flag and the word "ALLY" superimposed on the flag. It was an LGBT+ button for straight people. :lovestruck:

So I got one for myself that will be delivered whenever they feel like it. I'll wait. :waiting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Happy Pride Month! Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:08 am While I was at the 5 star hotel last week, I met a young lady (she was 17) (I didn't ask her for a date) (ol' Wifehorn would've done something bad) (real bad) who had a number of slogan buttons on her backpack. One of them - the only one that made me say, "I gotta have this" - was a rainbow flag and the word "ALLY" superimposed on the flag. It was an LGBT+ button for straight people. :lovestruck:

So I got one for myself that will be delivered whenever they feel like it. I'll wait. :waiting:
I need to see if they have that at Amazon. There's a local gay pride event next weekend and we're making it a Girls' Night Out.

Update: They have several but none with 2-day delivery. I'll keep looking. I need it for the 12th. I do have a rainbow unicorn pin for my hat, though. Off to Etsy.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:08 am While I was at the 5 star hotel last week, I met a young lady (she was 17) (I didn't ask her for a date) (ol' Wifehorn would've done something bad) (real bad) who had a number of slogan buttons on her backpack. One of them - the only one that made me say, "I gotta have this" - was a rainbow flag and the word "ALLY" superimposed on the flag. It was an LGBT+ button for straight people. :lovestruck:

Good on you.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

40553AE8-FA2F-4A55-BB93-57827004E3A0.jpeg
40553AE8-FA2F-4A55-BB93-57827004E3A0.jpeg (480.59 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

"1A" (a public radio program) played this interview the other day with Paula Stone Williams, a trans woman who used to work for a conservative evangelical church. It's a great interview - click on the "Listen" link. There is also a youtube video of one of her TED talks. She has just released a memoir: “As A Woman: What I Learned About Power, Sex, and the Patriarchy After I Transitioned.”

https://the1a.org/segments/paula-stone- ... der-lgbtq/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thank you for the link MRich, sounds like a great listen over the weekend.

As this Pink News article points out, December is the Christian month.
Far-right Christian cranks launch pathetic bid to reclaim Pride Month as ‘Christianity month’
EMMA POWYS MAURICE JUNE 4, 2021
Christians are attempting to rebrand Pride as 'Christianity month'. It's not working

Pack up the Pride flags everyone, because conservatives are reclaiming June as Christianity month. We’re sorry to tell you that the month formerly known as Pride has officially been cancelled – at least that’s the claim from the far-right. As rainbows and LGBT+ love spread online, conservative groups and far-right conspiracy theorists are desperately trying to combat it by flooding timelines with the hashtags #Christianity month and #ReclaimTheRainbow.

Their rallying cry was led by far-right conspiracy theorist Lauren Witzke, who called on her followers to celebrate June as “Christianity month”. Being suspended from Twitter she was restricted to her Telegram channel, a favourite with conservative groups. She followed this up with an appearance on the far-right conspiracy show TruNews alongside alt-right troll Milo Yiannopolous, who recently declared himself “ex-gay”. “I wish that you could fight the horrors and hells of Pride month,” he said as Witzke cut in: “Now Christianity Month!” Yiannopolous then suggested the term “Jihad June” before they introduced a toolkit of conservative memes to help people “reclaim the rainbow”. Their wishful thinking soon spread to Twitter as desperate Christians reasoned that if they believed something hard enough it would be true. “Let’s get #ChristianityMonth and #ReclaimTheRainbow trending,” announced one post, while another good Samaritan claimed they were on a “rescue mission to save LGBT people from the eternal oven”.

BREAKING: As MAP trends on first day of June, “pride month” is canceled. June is now #ChristianityMonth #reclaimtherainbow pic.twitter.com/iFEk5XUuZv
— Zoomer News Network (@ZNNpatriot) June 1, 2021

Today is #ChristianityMonth
Let’s put God > Pride and restore our once great society
We are gonna #ReclaimTheRainbow
Christ is King!
— Classical Conservative (@baron_smith_) June 1, 2021

Christianity Month starts tomorrow! #ReclaimTheRainbow #ChristianityMonth pic.twitter.com/irBMcP0tCp
— Faith of Byzantium ☦ (@Orthosphere) May 31, 2021

It’s never a bad day to be a warrior for the Creator! #ChristianityMonth
— Nate from Nebraska (@omni_based) June 2, 2021

The Rainbow is a Symbol of God’s majesty over the Earth. Not the glorification of sodomy. #ChristianityMonth #reclaimtherainbow #Sisco2022
— Michael Sisco For Congress (@MichaelSiscoWV) June 1, 2021

PRIDE HAS NO PLACE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD!#ChristianityMonth pic.twitter.com/AJ0UFmpkEd
— ZoomerBattalion ✝️ (@ZoomerBattalion) June 2, 2021

Back in reality Pride Month continued as normal, and the actual Christian month, otherwise known as the entirety of December, is expected to do the same.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/06/04/c ... nnopolous/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

There's a fun docu on Kanopy about Divi called "I Am Divine", it's really well done. (Kanopy is free through most public libraries, lmk if you need help but usually after you log in your library online, you'll see the apps you can use like Kanopy. Kanopy gives you six free movies to watch per month.) This is the Broward link but each county has their own: https://browardlibrary.kanopy.com/video/i-am-divine

In the Polyester section there's an interview with Tab Hunter, we went back to see some vintage Tab and this is hilarious, he's so bad he's cracking up during it (and the screaming from the girls most likely).

I was around Divi and his manager Bernard Jay during that time (Bernard is now in South Africa), she was over the moon about getting to work with Tab. Since it's Pride Month, here's some more about Tab:

In this photo shoot, Roddy and fellow gay actor Tab Hunter cook weiners and cake in their underwear, and apparently no one in the 1960s had any idea.

Tab Hunter - Young Love (1957 Live at The Perry Como Show)

Many of you didn't know that before her distinguished posting here at The Fogbow, P0rtia starred on The Tab Hunter Show :P

The Tab Hunter Show "Portia Go Home" (1960)

Tab Hunter stars as Paul Morgan, a 29-year-old cartoonist whose comic strip Bachelor at Large profiles his amorous adventures around Malibu Beach, California. The program also starred Jerome Cowan as Hunter's boss; John Larsen, the owner of Comics, Inc.; Richard Erdman as his best friend, the rich playboy Peter Fairfield, III; and character actress Reta Shaw as Hunter's housekeeper. Very rare TV classic from https://myvideoclassics.com.

Tab died in 2018 at 86. 1931–2018.

He came out in his 2005 memoir. His partner did an excellent docu on him called Tab Hunter Confidential.

SXSW: Tab Hunter Opens Up About Life As a Closeted Gay Star During Hollywood’s Golden Age
The 82-year-old legend told his story in a 2005 memoir and a new documentary because, he says, he wanted people to "get it from the horse's mouth and not from some horse's ass after I'm dead and gone."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... fe-781046/

Good story about him in Out
Life After Outing: Tab Hunter, Hollywood’s Most Profound Gay Icon

Today, Hunter's gayness is an open secret, but taking the public into his confidence is still a major event

BY ARMOND WHITE
JULY 17 2016 9:00 AM EDT

In the new documentary Tab Hunter Confidential, the actor is twice referred to as “delicious.” He’s even called “A breath of spring.” And what words could describe how radiantly beautiful he is in, of all things, a TV clip about mental illness which he made in the 1950s after he had to commit his mother to an institution. It was a public service announcement providing national awareness and compassion for the disease. In this doc, Hunter earns awareness and compassion for his gay life story. Today’s Hollywood has no equivalent movie star.

“I would never talk about my private life,” Hunter remembers his early years. The doc traces his pop career, including the moment when the tabloid magazine Confidential, exposed his 1950 arrest at “a limp-wristed pajama party.” (The charge “disorderly conduct” was a code.) Surviving the scandal, Hunter proves there is life after slander. This doc, produced by Hunter’s life partner Allan Glaser and directed by Jeffrey Schwarz, is a personal public service announcement and the most entertaining movie so far this year.

Born to German-American parents as Art Gelien, he was renamed “Tab Hunter”—a comically bland name to match his blue-eyed blond features which at that time were considered “All-American.” The name-image match-up was devised by Hollywood agent Henry Willson who specialized in pretty boys like Guy Madison (Robert Moseley), Rock Hudson (Roy Scherer), Troy Donahue (Merle Johnson), Chad Everett (Raymon Crampton). If Willson was a glorified pimp, he yet had an uncanny read of the American market, knowing what appealed to women as well as men—plus the special, subconscious allure of delicate masculinity that was particular to gay subculture.
https://www.out.com/armond-white/2016/7 ... d-gay-icon

That's what made this so damn funny.

ETA: Tab Hunter Confidential is free on Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... dp_cnc_0_0
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My staff informs me that according to official fully fictional statistics, more than half of the male children born in this great land of ours in recent years have been named Hunter, including my own great-nephew in Bainbridge Island, WA. But I still haven't heard of anyone else named Tab. Oh, wait ... that's "bat" spelled backwards. Mystery solved. :crazy:

Here are a few suggestions for last names for children named Tab.

Tab Soda
Tab New Window
Tab Browser
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:36 am My staff informs me that according to official fully fictional statistics, more than half of the male children born in this great land of ours in recent years have been named Hunter, including my own great-nephew in Bainbridge Island, WA. But I still haven't heard of anyone else named Tab. Oh, wait ... that's "bat" spelled backwards. Mystery solved. :crazy:

Tab Soda
Tab New Window
Tab Browser
Sorry to inform you.

Farewell, TaB: Nostalgic Soft Drink Discontinued
https://thebuzzmagazines.com/articles/2 ... scontinued
After 57 fantastic “How can one calorie taste so good?” years, the Coca-Cola Company recently announced the 2020 year-end retirement of the legendary hot pink Grand Dame of diet cola, TaB!

A multitude of TaB’s fellow retired ’70s and ’80s iconic brand stars sent their best wishes including caffeinated bad boys New Coke and Jolt Cola as well as minty-fresh-breath friends Certs and Freshen-Up Gum. All My Children’s Erica Kane sent best wishes from her home in Pine Valley. Polaroid cameras are standing by to capture all the festivities during an Andre Cold Duck sparkling wine toast once TaB officially has her last moment on the grocery store shelves!

Coca-Cola’s first-ever “diet” soft drink, TaB began its career in 1963 and was marketed to consumers who wanted to “keep tabs” on their weight. The successful one-calorie drink became the best-selling diet cola until the release of Diet Coke in 1982. At that point, TaB’s sales declined but continued to have a loyal following over the years.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:36 am My staff informs me that according to official fully fictional statistics, more than half of the male children born in this great land of ours in recent years have been named Hunter, including my own great-nephew in Bainbridge Island, WA. But I still haven't heard of anyone else named Tab. Oh, wait ... that's "bat" spelled backwards. Mystery solved. :crazy:

Tab Soda
Tab New Window
Tab Browser
List of Tabs notable enough for Wikipedia:
Males known as "Tab" include:

Tab Baker (1959–2010), American actor
Tab Baldwin (born 1958), American-New Zealand basketball coach
Tab Benoit (born 1967), American guitarist and singer
Tab Hunter (1931–2018), American actor and musician
Tab Murphy, American screenwriter
Tab Perry (born 1982), former American football wide receiver
Tab Ramos (born 1966), American soccer player
Tab Smith (1909–1971), American swing and rhythm and blues alto saxophonist
Tab Thacker (1962–2007), former NCAA wrestler and actor
Tab Townsell, executive director of Metroplan

As to the orientation of said Tabs, Wikipedia sayeth not.
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Never heard of any of them. :nope:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tab Soda
Tab New Window
Tab Browser
Off Topic
Just a personal story - my youngest brother, (a liberal, open-tent guy if there ever was one) is married to a wonderful woman whose family is from the Ozarks. Yeah, those Ozarks. Although they are democrats, they are closeted for safety reasons. That said, when bro's bro-in-law and wife were expecting, the name they picked out for a boy was Guy Hunter Lastname. Bro sat him down and suggested they rethink that.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210606_082750.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210606_082814.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210606_082833.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210606_082845.jpg
Image Image Image Image
filly

Post by filly »

I have to admire those bakers for trying to make a go of things in Lubbock. It's good to see there are some good folks in the community up there.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

filly wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:06 pm I have to admire those bakers for trying to make a go of things in Lubbock. It's good to see there are some good folks in the community up there.
Lufkin.
filly

Post by filly »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:47 pm
filly wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:06 pm I have to admire those bakers for trying to make a go of things in Lubbock. It's good to see there are some good folks in the community up there.
Lufkin.
:lol: Essentially the same.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.fodors.com/news/arts-cultur ... ates-pride
How the World’s First LGBTQ+ Mariachi Band Celebrates Pride
Originally founded in 2000, Mariachi Arcoiris de Los Angeles is recognized as the world’s first LGBTQ+ mariachi band. Arcoiris, which means “rainbow” in Spanish, is a fitting name to describe the diversity of the band’s members, including Natalia Melendez, the first transgender woman in the history of mariachi.

We recently spoke with Carlos Samaniego, the director and founder of the band, including the inspiration for forming Mariachi Arcoiris, how it’s been received within the Latino community, and their recent partnership with Estrella Jalisco on a social media campaign to bring families free performances and encourage open conversations about machismo culture, inclusivity, and identity.

We are a mariachi band, so we perform traditional mariachi music. I don’t like changing too much and I try to respect the composer’s intention as much as I can. That has been ingrained in me as a classically-trained musician. But when it comes to pronouns and gender, we flip it around. For example, there’s a famous song by Jose Alfredo Jimenez called Ella, which in Spanish means “her” or “she.” In this case with the song, I’m not going to change the words to “El” (“him”). The whole focus of the song is around the love of a woman, so instead, I’m going to have a girl sing it.

If I’m singing about love or betrayal, I like singing straight to a guy and I choose someone from the audience. It makes it fun for the whole audience, but it also makes it very inclusive. I don’t know how many men or boys grew up with the dream that they were the one being serenaded to. And so now I get to serenade a man. Sometimes they don’t know what to do with themselves and other people eat it up, they want the attention.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6 ... -in-skirts
The important reason why male teachers in Spain are showing up to the classroom in skirts

Though U.S. media tends to focus on the LGBTQ community—and ways cisgender, heterosexual norms can result in violence and oppression against queer folks—it’s important to remember that LGBTQ people exist in every corner of not just the U.S., but of the world. And of course, sadly, that means queer folks—and in some cases, their allies—can face discrimination and isolation all over the world, too.

Take, for example, Mikel Gómez, a 15-year-old student in Euskadi, Spain, who wore a skirt to school last fall, hoping to show solidarity with women’s rights and challenge gender norms. As he told TikTok in a viral video, however, he says he was pulled from class, expelled from school, and ordered in front of a psychologist who pressed him on his gender identity. Now, male teachers are wearing skirts to school to show support for the #LaRopaNoTieneGénero (clothes have no gender) movement.

“I knew people would look at me badly,” Gómez said in the TikTok that’s been viewed millions of times since he posted it last October. Still, Gómez says he didn’t expect so much backlash. As reported by LGBTQ Nation, when he told the psychologist he was not a trans girl, he said the psychologist told him to simply wear pants. The student said his parents punished him for wearing the skirt as well.

Following Gómez’s experience, a number of cisgender male students across Spain wore skirts to school in solidarity. More recently, as reported by Seventeen, Manuel Ortega and Borja Velázquez, two teachers at Virgen de Sacedón, a public school in Valladolid, Spain, say they overheard one student calling a peer a homophobic slur because of a sweatshirt he wore to school. The teachers wanted to show their students both that words can be harmful—the student in sweatshirt apparently took his sweatshirt off after hearing the slur—and that people can wear whatever they want.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperi ... anna-lucy/
Carrie & Mollie & Anna & Lucy
Queering the Women’s Suffrage Movement

The Catts had quite an unusual marriage for the time: they often did not live together, while she, with his blessing, continued the suffrage work that kept her constantly on the road. Around the same time as her second marriage, Catt met Mary (Mollie) Garrett Hay, a fellow Midwesterner whose temperance activism with the Women’s Christian Temperance Union led her to the suffrage movement. The two women often campaigned together, and in 1895, they shared temporary living arrangements in New York. In 1899 the two women traveled 13,000 miles, giving 51 speeches in 20 states.

After George Catt’s death in 1905, Carrie and Mollie chose to live together permanently, functioning as something of a power couple in New York State suffrage circles. Catt divided her energies between the state and national movement while Hay headed up the New York Equal Suffrage League and the Woman Suffrage Party of New York City. Both women played especially prominent roles in the 1915 and 1917 campaigns for a New York State women’s suffrage referendum. Hay had a reputation for being difficult to work with, but she was Catt’s closest political confidante until her death in 1928.

When Carrie Chapman Catt died in 1947, she chose to be buried not with either of her husbands but beside Mollie Hay at Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, where she erected this monument: “Here lie two, united in friendship for thirty-eight years through constant service to a great cause.” Catt chose the word “friendship” to describe her relationship with Hay, but historians point to the couple as a prime example of how the suffrage movement provided a safe and welcoming space for a variety of unconventional lifestyles, all hiding in plain sight. It isn’t simply a case of who’s gay and who’s not: after all, Catt had relationships with both men and women. To speak of “queering the suffrage movement” is to identify it as a place where women felt free to express a wide range of gender non-conforming behaviors, including but not limited to sexual expression, in both public and private settings.

Washington, D.C.’s vibrant African American community supported a range of alternative lifestyles, including the longstanding partnership between Lucy Diggs Slowe, the first Dean of Women at Howard University, and Mary Burrill, who had previously formed a romantic connection with Angelina Weld Grimke, another playwright and suffragist. Alice Dunbar-Nelson, an African American writer and organizer for the National Woman’s Party, had a range of relationships with both men and women. In California Margaret Jessie Chung, a pioneering Chinese-American physician, dressed in men’s clothing, had close relationships with women, and was called Mike by her friends. White working-class suffragists such as Pauline Newman and Rose Schneiderman shared their lives with other activist women in New York.
bob

Post by bob »

VP and SGOTUS (and their security detail) at DC pride:
Image ImageImage
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

bob wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:17 pm VP and SGOTUS (and their security detail) at DC pride:
So it looks like the security detail for things like this is told to forgo the traditional suits.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Luke

Post by Luke »

A few people liked this tweet and it was nice to watch the video again :P Twitter seems to have a video length cutoff so the ending is only on YouTube.

For all those asking, I'm the brown bunny in 5 by 5. :P

The RWNJs have been shouting that Nick's ratings are down, forgetting to mention all TV networks are down (less pandemic viewing, more cord cutting). They are desperate to try to find a way to show their tiny and shrinking homophobic, racist, sexist trolling is more important than it is.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 pm The RWNJs have been shouting that Nick's ratings are down, forgetting to mention all TV networks are down (less pandemic viewing, more cord cutting). They are desperate to try to find a way to show their tiny and shrinking homophobic, racist, sexist trolling is more important than it is.
RWNJs love to cancel people. It's why they have decided to scream cancel, cancel, cancel even though it is only sharing. To them, sharing with others is canceling their culture.
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Here you go, orlylicious. :P

:dance: :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Today, 6 years ago, Obergefell v. Hodges was announced. :cheer2:

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”