Media Moves

Editor Korir

Re: Media Moves

Post by Editor Korir »

Does Bezos now have access to the Celebrity Apprentice outtakes where Trump is using racist language, or did MGM burn those?
Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Trumpettes would think those outtakes are great and want to show them to the world to show how great Trump is.
101010 :towel:
Editor Korir

Post by Editor Korir »

Yes, and I just read apparently Mark Burnett, the Svengali behind Trump’s career on the Apprentice, has an iron clad deal with MGM that no one other than Burnett has ownership of the Celebrity tapes. Oh well. 🤬🤬
Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And that was the guy who ensured that every effing 2016 Trump rally was carried live, Ad free, on CNN.
Hic sunt dracones
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Editor Korir wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 pm Does Bezos now have access to the Celebrity Apprentice outtakes where Trump is using racist language, or did MGM burn those?
Please don't show anything that results in the OSG receiving any kind of royalty. :pray:
Largo al factotum.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If we're known for anything here on
@NewDay
, it's for our high story count about #cicadas.

So how's this one: have you ever wondered what cicadas taste like? I'm about to find out...
@johnberman

@cookinforpeace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:

I'm trying to wrap my head around that, but I can't. I just recently checked out the brood maps and this one isn't very near us. Actually, we are just on the edges of three different ones, so while we may see them a little more often, they aren't likely to get very bad here.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No. Just no. But kudos for Brianna for being a good sport.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I haven't eaten a cicada, but I would probably try it if offered. We eat sardines and oysters and snails and crawfish and all sorts of other things, so why not a cicada? What is it that makes them a "no" for you?

Yeah, there's stuff I won't eat because I don't like the smell or taste of it, but I can't think of anything right off hand that I wouldn't eat just because it was an uncommon food.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I bet they're yummy with mayo.
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Estiveo wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:30 pm I bet they're yummy with mayo.
I'd like my mayo without cicada, please. :batting:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)The Trump administration battled with CNN for half a year to obtain the email records of a reporter and insisted it all take place under an extraordinary order of secrecy, CNN's lead attorney revealed on Wednesday.

The pursuit -- which started in July 2020 under then-Attorney General William Barr with a demand for two months' of CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr's 2017 email logs -- continued even after a federal judge told the Justice Department its argument for access to Starr's internal emails was "speculative" and "unanchored in any facts."

The Trump administration's secret pursuit represents a highly unusual and unrelenting push for journalists' records. It included putting CNN general counsel David Vigilante under a gag order prohibiting him from sharing any details about the government's efforts with anyone beyond the network's president, top attorneys at CNN's corporate parent and attorneys at an outside law firm.

Had Vigilante violated that order, he would have risked being held in contempt of court or potentially faced a felony prosecution for obstruction of justice.

It's not uncommon for a media organization to receive a subpoena from the Justice Department for reporter records and to negotiate protections for its journalists. What stands apart is the total secrecy that surrounded the order, the months-long court proceeding and the Trump administration's unwillingness to negotiate.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@AlisynCamerota
: “You were caught masturbating on camera … to quote Jay Leno, ‘What the hell were you thinking?'”

@JeffreyToobin
says he “wasn’t thinking” and apologizes to his family, those on Zoom call, and CNN colleagues. He says he's working to be a better person
filly

Post by filly »

:sick:

His "family?" The fucker had a child with another woman while married to his wife. Clearly a family man!

Pulese!

What a waste of electrons.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... id=DELLDHP
The Republican National Committee would consider circumventing major television networks if the presidential debate process is not overhauled, Citizens United President David Bossie said Friday.

“We don't need to count on just the networks,” Bossie told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. “There are so many opportunities out there, so many platforms out there that we can go to and partner with to get the message out.”

Bossie was light on the details about what GOP debates without a partner network would look like, noting that the RNC is still early in its process for 2024 debate planning. Officials from both political parties exert more control over how their respective primary debates are structured, something that Bossie — who is helping to lead the RNC reform effort — said his party is actively exploring.

Both political parties have historically partnered with news networks to stage primary debates, as opposed to general election debates which are put on by the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has overseen those forums since 1988. Bossie, in his interview with Hewitt, said that Republicans have been especially dismayed by what he characterized as grandstanding moderators.
Playing only to the base is not a way to win a national election. This is a really dumb idea.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... n=msn_feed
“Resistance” television has been having a rough go of it lately.

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace has suffered a roughly 80% decline in viewership in the 25-54 age demographic since President Donald Trump left office, the Washington Free Beacon reports, citing data provided by the Nielsen Media Research.

In May, just a little over 147,000 people in this all-important demo tuned in every day to watch Wallace's two-hour MSNBC program. In contrast, her program, which launched in 2017, averaged 543,000 viewers in the 25-54 demographic in January, 297,000 in February, 177,000 in March, and 215,000 in April.

It was only a matter of time before lousy ratings caught up to cable news’ patron saint of mediocrity. Wallace’s particularly ignorant brand of analysis and her unrelenting cheerleading for the Democratic Party may have served their purpose when the Republican Party held the White House and the U.S. Senate, but now? Who needs analysis from a know-nothing, washed-up GOP operative? Very few people, apparently.

The collapse couldn’t have happened to a more deserving anchor. She tied her success directly to Trump, and now she is living with the consequences of having centered her program entirely around opposing the former president. And make no mistake, few on cable television opposed Trump in a more laughable, ludicrous, and audacious manner than Wallace.
More at the link, all very nasty. I have no idea who this opinion writer is, but definitely not a fan.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:06 pm https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... n=msn_feed
“Resistance” television has been having a rough go of it lately.

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace has suffered a roughly 80% decline in viewership in the 25-54 age demographic since President Donald Trump left office, the Washington Free Beacon reports, citing data provided by the Nielsen Media Research.

In May, just a little over 147,000 people in this all-important demo tuned in every day to watch Wallace's two-hour MSNBC program. In contrast, her program, which launched in 2017, averaged 543,000 viewers in the 25-54 demographic in January, 297,000 in February, 177,000 in March, and 215,000 in April.

It was only a matter of time before lousy ratings caught up to cable news’ patron saint of mediocrity. Wallace’s particularly ignorant brand of analysis and her unrelenting cheerleading for the Democratic Party may have served their purpose when the Republican Party held the White House and the U.S. Senate, but now? Who needs analysis from a know-nothing, washed-up GOP operative? Very few people, apparently.

The collapse couldn’t have happened to a more deserving anchor. She tied her success directly to Trump, and now she is living with the consequences of having centered her program entirely around opposing the former president. And make no mistake, few on cable television opposed Trump in a more laughable, ludicrous, and audacious manner than Wallace.
More at the link, all very nasty. I have no idea who this opinion writer is, but definitely not a fan.
Can't say I disagree with him.
filly

Post by filly »

My husband can't stand her. I like some of her guests. But 2 hours is waaaayy too long.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:33 pm My husband can't stand her. I like some of her guests. But 2 hours is waaaayy too long.
I like her panels/guests.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I stan Nicolle Wallace. The only political show I still watch. :oldlady:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Former Fox News host Ed Henry sued CNN and NPR on Thursday, accusing them of defamation for their coverage of his dismissal from Fox last year.

The suit, filed in a New York federal court, alleges that reporters for the two news outlets have "longstanding grudges against Fox News and/or individuals associated with the company" that influenced their reporting on Henry's firing.

Henry was dismissed from Fox after an investigation into a complaint about "willful sexual misconduct in the workplace," the network said at the time. He has repeatedly denied the allegations.

Thursday's lawsuit names NPR's media reporter David Folkenflik as a defendant. Folkenflik reported in July 2020 that top executives at Fox were warned in 2017 that giving Henry hosting roles would damage reform efforts after other scandals rocked the network.

Henry alleged in his lawsuit that NPR's story is false because it implies he "had a history of sexual misconduct at Fox News," which he says is not true.
bob

Post by bob »

Former Fox News host Ed Henry sued CNN and NPR on Thursday, accusing them of defamation for their coverage of his dismissal from Fox last year.
Henry is represented by Ty Clevenger, who is basically an upscale Klayman.

As Mike D. and others have noted, these are an obvious SLAPP suits:
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

RSBN Flag of United States @RSBNetwork 3h
Police cars revolving light NEW: YouTube has removed RSBN's videos of President Trump's rally last week in Ohio and the speech from the NCGOP convention. They have also given us a strike, and we are suspended from live streaming for one week.

You can watch tomorrow's rally on Rumble or download our app.

RSBN.JPG
RSBN.JPG (69.21 KiB) Viewed 3091 times

RSBN 2.JPG
RSBN 2.JPG (68.87 KiB) Viewed 3091 times

Please P******* T****, we can't take any more WINNING! :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

USA Today is putting up a paywall.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”