Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

#FakeNews Fake News / Disinformation

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: #FakeNews Fake News / Disinformation

Post by Estiveo »

I think this is what you're looking for, Doc.
Estiveoshot_20210316_094919.jpg
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:36 pm I did answer. I told him he heard what I heard.
But you did not tell him what you thought was racist. Very likely he will moves to goalposts, claim it was not racist, or even say Tucker never said it, but you have put the facts out there. You did your role and you can brush the dust off your feet and walk away.

We have to be bigger than them and not play their game. They may not want the facts, but you put it out there and if they play their game, then walk away. The other choice is to not bother with them at all.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 pm Project Veritas grifting email:

FAKE NEWS New York Times will PAY for lies about Project Veritas
Inbox
James O'Keefe <info@projectveritas.com> 3:00 PM (5 hours ago) to me

Dear Orlylicious,

We are suing the New York Times. Already, our lawsuit exposed The Times for printing fake news and relying on Wikipedia as a source.

I need YOUR HELP to expose The Times.

Simply put, I have to spend $325,000 A MONTH for the best lawyers in the business to fight our legal battles.
https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/project ... deceptive/

NYT filed a MTD. Grifting for litigation (again).
What's that, like $4M a year for lawyers? IIRC Veritas took around $600k in PPP money, so our tax dollars are going to their lawsuits as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... stigation/
U.S. Postal Service investigators found no evidence to support a Pennsylvania postal worker’s claim that his supervisors had tampered with mail-in ballots, according to an inspector general’s report — allegations cited by top Republicans to press baseless claims of fraud in the presidential election.

Richard Hopkins, a mail carrier in Erie, alleged in November that he overheard the local postmaster discussing plans to backdate ballots received after the Nov. 3 vote and pass them off to election officials as legitimate. Working with Project Veritas, a nonprofit entity that seeks to expose what it says is bias in the mainstream news media, Hopkins publicly released a sworn affidavit recounting those allegations.

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) cited Hopkins’s claim in a letter to the Justice Department in November calling for a federal investigation into election results in Pennsylvania, where Joe Biden beat President Donald Trump by more than 81,000 votes, and Democratic candidates outperformed GOP challengers in votes submitted by mail.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Josh Dawsey
@jdawsey1
Newsmax says Jason Miller, the president's spokesman, is now a contributor to its channel. Andrew Giuliani, the son of Rudy Giuliani, is now a contributor as well, per the network's release.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jeani ... d=msedgdhp

Fox News' Jeanine Pirro ended an interview with immigration attorney David Leopold faster than you can say "Make America Great Again" when he went a little too heavy into praise for President Joe Biden.

The interview quickly turned hostile on Sunday as the two fought over reports of how many migrants have arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border since Biden became president compared to the biggest surges during Donald Trump's presidency.

"Jeanine, just because you say my numbers are wrong, doesn't mean they're wrong," Leopold argued, to which Pirro replied, "No. They're facts. These are the facts."
:snippity:
Republicans have heavily criticized Biden for the surge, blaming his decision to reverse Trump's policies as the reason for the increase. But on Pirro's show, Leopold accused the GOP of trying to use the migrant crisis to deflect public attention away from the $1.9 trillion pandemic relief plan passed by Democrats without a single Republican vote in Congress.

"President Biden kept his promise," Leopold said. "He's putting COVID relief out there. He's making America better."

He added, "He's making America great again."

Also read: Judge Jeanine Demands Capitol Riot 'Freaks' Stop Blaming Antifa for What They Did (Video)

The invocation of Trump's famous slogan led Pirro to end the interview pronto.

"I'm stopping you right now," Pirro tersely said. "I don't tolerate lies on my shows. He's bringing COVID into this country after Americans weren't allowed to go to work, go to church, visit families, or go to funerals… David Leopold, thanks for being here, and thanks for nothing."
On another note, Bartiromo had the vile Stephen Miller on her show today. He was ranting about all these executive orders Biden is using to do away with established law... :roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Peter Doocy complains that Fox News doesn't get to ask the Biden administration enough questions. Psaki isn't really having it.
:violin: :violin: :violin:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Doocy’s name is unfortunate.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This morning, Russian state TV continued to complain that Peter Doocy of Fox News was deprived of an opportunity to ask questions about Hunter Biden during President Biden's press conference.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The same people who are wailing about Biden not calling on Doocy celebrated Trump having
@Acosta
’s and
@BrianKarem
’s press passes revoked, forcing them to sue to get them reinstated.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Missed this from yesterday's Fox & Friends: they were talking about Lil Nas X and the satan shoes thing. Pete Hegseth had to be corrected by the weather guy. Just A+ all around.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:rotflmao: Clowns.

Amazing how Fox has let Pete rehabilitate himself, so typical for them.
Now we can add Fox and Friends co-host Pete Hegseth to the list. This case of infidelity was also revealed in divorce papers for the sanctimonious and hypocritical family values advocate and favorite of serial sexual predator Donald Trump. APM Reports found that:
"Hegseth — a telegenic, Army veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan — is in the process of divorcing his second wife after having an extramarital affair and a child with a producer at Fox News. Hegseth's second wife filed for divorce roughly a month after the girl was born. [...] His first marriage also ended after Hegseth had an affair with a female work colleague."
The fact that yet another male Fox News employee has been caught behaving badly suggests that there is something about the culture at the conservative propaganda network that encourages it, or at least doesn't discourage it. The patterns are too consistent to regard it as coincidence.

Hegseth's past is rife with problems that extend beyond his sexual misadventures. Prior to joining Fox News he was the director of a phony veterans group, Concerned Veterans for America, that was mainly funded by the Koch brothers. That, along with his military background, made him a candidate to replace the now-fired David Shulkin as Secretary of Veterans Affairs. Never mind that Hegseth has no experience in managing an organization with a $200 billion budget and 377,000 employees. Note: Trump just announced that his nominee to head the VA is his personal White House physician, Ronny Jackson, who also has none of the management experience required.

The operations Hegseth did head were found to have serious violations of ethics, if not law. At Concerned Veterans for America he hired his brother Philip with a six-figure salary. It was his first job out of college. And the APM Reports investigation also found that:
"In 2012, Hegseth formed MN PAC, an organization aimed at supporting 'conservative candidates in contested races.' But an analysis of the organization's spending — less than $15,000 — shows it spent less than half on behalf of candidates. A third of the PAC's funds was spent on two Christmas parties and reimbursements to Hegseth."
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/3 ... ent-at-Fox

Still funny:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:sick:
Television
@SundayFutures
w/
@MariaBartiromo

Sunday 10am ET
@FoxNews

@GovRonDeSantis

@StephenM

@DevinNunes

& the host of
@thecandaceshow
-
@RealCandaceO

Showrunner:
@AbbyGrossberg

Tune in for the #1 show in cable news on Sundays!
If its Sunday its MARIA!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tl;dr

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... use-485248
Is Fox’s Peter Doocy Just Asking Questions — Or Trolling the White House?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If you can't stand the whole thing, do FF to the end to see Bartiromo's comments about being the one who tells the truth and busts the left wing media lies. You can't make that up...
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A friend sent me this 1967 speech, pre-TED talks.
#Fakenews and free speech—in 1967

What I think I have been revealing here are a few examples of a world in which men show little esteem for logic, little respect for facts, no faith in anyone’s ability to use thought or discourse to arrive at improved judgments, commitments, and first principles.

My point is not to indict either the left or the right, but to plead for the very fragile twin values of honest inquiry and honest rhetoric. These values are under steady attack, both in theory and in practice, by men of both left and right—some of them presumably sincere, some of them no doubt knaves.

Wherever men find themselves too impatient to think together about their problems, wherever immediate action based on unity becomes more important than men’s determination to achieve genuine unity by discovering the truth together, my twin values disappear—often never to reappear. They always disappear in a major war. They disappear in any society whenever enough men decide that political victory is worth whatever it costs.
https://mag.uchicago.edu/arts-humanitie ... peech-1967

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”