Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

By the way...the fact that Cassidy is testifying raises an interesting question. She would be covered by the exact same levels of "executive privilege" as, say, Peter Navarro or Mark Meadows. If she can testify, then so can they.
Anderson Cooper's panel right now, John Dean, Woodward and Bernstein. :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm I’m not going to bother grabbing them, unless someone wants me to, but tfg has posted 6 (SIX) more “Truths” freaking out about Hutchinson’s testimony in the 45 minutes since his freak out I posted above. He’s losing it. Good.
come-ooooooon stroke!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:20 pm
Speaking of which
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm I'm trying to decide if she's Dean or Butterfield.
I think Dean, though Butterfield is a good parallel too. But she had face to face testimony, so Dead. Maybe the videographer, or the absent WH photographer, will turn out to be Butterfield.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:32 pm
By the way...the fact that Cassidy is testifying raises an interesting question. She would be covered by the exact same levels of "executive privilege" as, say, Peter Navarro or Mark Meadows. If she can testify, then so can they.
I switched over from Andrea Mitchell, who was stuck on wondering whether this testimony would lead Meadows to now testify to the committee. She just cannot see that this is about TFG, and that Meadows is headed to his own indictment.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'll switch over to MSNBC when Deadline WH is up. CNN is going to have Jamie Raskin up very shortly.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 pm I'll switch over to MSNBC when Deadline WH is up. CNN is going to have Jamie Raskin up very shortly.
Ditto.
June bug

Post by June bug »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:51 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:32 pm :snippity:
I switched over from Andrea Mitchell, who was stuck on wondering whether this testimony would lead Meadows to now testify to the committee. She just cannot see that this is about TFG, and that Meadows is headed to his own indictment.
I'm on CNN also. I don't like Andrea Mitchell and her unwillingness to move off her own hobbyhorse is just one reason.
June bug

Post by June bug »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:54 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 pm I'll switch over to MSNBC when Deadline WH is up. CNN is going to have Jamie Raskin up very shortly.
Ditto.
Definitely Ditto for that!! :popcorn:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:56 pm in trumps vehicle, after SS told him he would not go to the Capitol

(showing video) I can't see anything other than the black suv leaving.

back at the wh she returned to the WW. Ornato called her into the office. He shut the door. Engel was in there, looking sw discombulated. Did you hear what happened in the beast.

No tony, what happened.

when prez got in the beast, he was under impression, per MM, he was going to the vehicle. When "bobby" said no, we're going back to WW, trump had very strong, very angry response to that. Tony described him as being irate. trump said "I'm the effing president, take me to the capitol no.

Bobby: sir we have to go back to the west wing.

trump tried to reach at the steering wheel. Engel grabbed his arm. said take your arm off the wheel. We are going back to the WW. trump then lurched at Bobby Engel.

me: fuuuuuuuuccck!!!
So-just to get this straight. Dotard is in the back seat and he leaned over the seat like he was going to steer to the hill?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

That's what the testimony sounded like to me.
tek

Post by tek »

Nobody could ever sell this screenplay.

Just not believable.. yet it appears to be reality.

Grabbing the wheel in the Beast? Throwing food at the wall in the small dining room?

:eek:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Throwing the plate at the wall is weird, but not unheard of. But pulling the tablecloth off the table, sending all dinnerware all over, is a special kind of childishness. One, I would guess, he has done for a long time. :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:33 pm Throwing the plate at the wall is weird, but not unheard of. But pulling the tablecloth off the table, sending all dinnerware all over, is a special kind of childishness. One, I would guess, he has done for a long time. :eek:
and all those broken dishes---WH china? Special dishes that are not replaceable? Specially curated?
June bug

Post by June bug »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:38 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:33 pm Throwing the plate at the wall is weird, but not unheard of. But pulling the tablecloth off the table, sending all dinnerware all over, is a special kind of childishness. One, I would guess, he has done for a long time. :eek:
and all those broken dishes---WH china? Special dishes that are not replaceable? Specially curated?
I’d certainly hope they stopped using anything like that, after the second time he behaved that way.
bob

Post by bob »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:18 pmDotard is in the back seat and he leaned over the seat like he was going to steer to the hill?
The usual denial squad is claiming the passengers' and driver's sections in the Beast are physically separate; there's a barrier between them. So he could not have gotten "into" the Beast and then grabbed the steering wheel.

Meaning they believe none of her testimony, except for "into," which allows them to disbelieve everything else. :roll:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Angry White House Staffer Twitter account has been saying tfg does that for… I dunno. Definitely a long time.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:18 pmDotard is in the back seat and he leaned over the seat like he was going to steer to the hill?
The usual denial squad is claiming the passengers' and driver's sections in the Beast are physically separate; there's a barrier between them. So he could not have gotten "into" the Beast and then grabbed the steering wheel.

Meaning they believe none of her testimony, except for "into," which allows them to disbelieve everything else. :roll:
Except I'm led to believe the barrier can be lowered by the passenger. If TFG were barking orders, I'm willing to bet he'd lower the barrier.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:47 pmExcept I'm led to believe the barrier can be lowered by the passenger. If TFG were barking orders, I'm willing to bet he'd lower the barrier.
I generally agree; I mean, just because some internet rando says the barrier is immobile doesn't make it so.

Cf.:

But see:

:brickwallsmall:

...and...

:brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Is it wrong that when this is all over one way or the other, I will be glad never to read anything that Turley spews ever again?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:01 pm Is it wrong that when this is all over one way or the other, I will be glad never to read anything that Turley spews ever again?
That's President DeSantis' Attorney General Turley to you.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Post by June bug »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:47 pm
bob wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Except I'm led to believe the barrier can be lowered by the passenger.. If TFG were barking orders, I'm willing to bet he'd lower the barrier.
Per a Hindustani Times article from February,2020, you're right that the barrier can be lowered by a passenger - the President. Link just below on the left.

The rear compartment of The Beast seats the President and up to four passengers with glass partition. Only the President has access to a switch to lower it.
Edit: Well, turns out I was ninja'd by Volkonski and it was the SUV version, not The Beast. So above becomes just a bit of interesting information... :oopsy:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:01 pm Is it wrong that when this is all over one way or the other, I will be glad never to read anything that Turley spews ever again?
I have no idea who Jonathan Turley is, but he sounds like an asshole. Wow, that was some explosive testimony. It seemed designed to draw Meadows and Cipolline out of their caves.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"security team who simply refused to take a course that it believed that would endanger him."

Isn't that their fucking JOB?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”