Rest in Peace elliewyatt

kate520

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by kate520 »

Hi Captain Trips. You know, i was wondering about you guys the other day, with the anniversary approaching. I'm very happy to know you are good. Ellie is proud of you. :xo =(( We still miss her, too. She was an exceptional woman. She's still in our hearts.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Foggy

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Foggy »

I'm still so sad when I think about her that I can't write about it. Every time somebody mentions her, I get a stab to the heart. I'll remember her as long as I live. Thanks for dropping by, Capt. Trips.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Addie

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Addie »

Capt. Trips, good luck on your new job and regards to your wife. I know we all think about Ellie all the time and miss her. Thank you for stopping by.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

June bug

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by June bug »

Aloha from Hawaii, Capt. Trips. I think of Ellie all the time - she and I shared a love for Kailua beach and malasadas, among other things. Ellie loved her family more than anything, she had a fine sense of outrage and a wicked sense of humor, she was a very talented artist and she'd rescue almost anything that could walk, crawl or fly. I can't think of a better epitaph for anyone.Love to you all,Becky

Sterngard Friegen

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Ellie was a wonderful grump. At a time when there were only 3 of us and the title wasn't handed out to any complainer who whinged enough. I will miss her for that and for her lazer-like wit and intelligence. Plus her stories.

mimi

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by mimi »

We miss her a lot, but we're all richer for having known her. Best to you and your family, Capt.

Plutodog

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Plutodog »

Thanks for checking in Capt Trips. I didn't know Ellie as well as others here but she was obviously excellent people and obviously came from a fine family. May she rest in peace and may some of that peace come to all who knew and loved her so well.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Estiveo

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Estiveo »

Ellie was is such a wonderful Presence in our lives; an acerbic wit with a heart as big as (insert your size based superlative here)

Thanks for checking in again Capt. Trips, I'll never forget the nicest lady I never met.

:-k I'll have to pull out her fry bread recipe again next time I make carnitas.
Image Image Image Image Image

realist

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by realist »

Thanks for dropping by, Capt. Trips. I'm (we) are glad things are going well with your family."ellie" was indeed a very special lady and was admired and respected by everyone here.I had the distinct pleasure of meeting ellie and "daddio" and visiting with them for a few hours while they were on a trip through NM. It is a moment in my life I will never forget.ellie and I shared many hours of discussing western history and related subjects, times I enjoyed immensely. I miss her.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

A Legal Lohengrin

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

It's good to see you here again, Captain Trips. It is still pretty much an every day occurrence for someone to think "Ellie would know this immediately." There is not a grump here who does not aspire to her level of snark.

TollandRCR

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by TollandRCR »

This thread brought me back to Realist's simple and eloquent announcement of Ellie's death, which began this topic. I never met her but followed her every posting on TFB. I would not claim to miss her as much as her family and immediate friends do, but somehow this loss deeply affected me. Many of us have welcomed Captain Trips' brief return and wish him and his family all the best. Please raise another Ellie for the next generation! We need her always.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

ZekeB

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by ZekeB »

It had been a year since you were last with us, ellie. Your wit and keen insight is still with me. I miss you and wish you were with us today.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Foggy

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Foggy »

+1

I miss you, elliewyatt. I miss your wit, your intelligence, your expertise, and your love of life.

Your passing is one of those that makes me wish there's an afterlife, so we can hook up someday in the distant future.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

June bug

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by June bug »

Mahalo nui loa, ellie. We love and miss you.

Reality Check

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Reality Check »

I never met or spoke to Ellie personally but I miss her wit and charm very much. I enjoyed many evenings in chat where she displayed her dry wit. I was even the target more than once. :)
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Litlebritdifrnt2

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Litlebritdifrnt2 »

Ditto - when my own "Ellie Wyatt" was clawing and biting my head this week it occurred to me that the dreadful anniversary was approaching. I will keep Ellie's family in my thoughts this Thanksgiving, it must be awfully tough for them. Miss you Ellie.

realist

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by realist »

I can't say it any better than I did a year ago...

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting ellie and her dad, or “Daddio” as she so lovingly referred to him, while they were on a trip exploring the Southwest, as they loved to do. We spent an afternoon at a local restaurant, a time I fondly remember. I pointed out some of the sights to see in Santa Fe, and also showed them a back way to Taos that is a beautiful drive. As everyone here knows, ellie thoroughly enjoyed that drive and the time they spent in Taos.

Whether we had the privilege of meeting and knowing ellie in person, as I was so fortunate to do, however briefly, or whether we know her from her prolific posts and discussions here on PJ/FB, I’m sure we all have some very distinct and fond memories of ellie. This thread will serve as a memorial to one of our best and most unique members.

Rest In Peace, ellie.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Whatever4

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Whatever4 »

Elliewyatt is laughing. The "We haven't disappeared; We're just traveling" thread and the "Rest in Peace elliewyatt" thread were just right next to each other in the new topics list. :hug: I thank the universe for having "known" her, and I thank Foggy for preserving the PJ posts so we can revisit her when we haz a sad.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Estiveo

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Estiveo »

In honor of Ellie I shall, at some point this weekend, enjoy some calamari and a beer. That's what we had planned to meet up and do last year. We had also agreed to tell each other lies over our repast. Damn, I miss that wonderful lady.
Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:((

Plutodog

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by Plutodog »

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

A Legal Lohengrin

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

She will RIP when it is universally accepted that. . .http://www.thefogbow.com/files/3512/997 ... olarik.jpg

kate520

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by kate520 »

Elliewyatt. =((
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

No Pilikia

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by No Pilikia »

I'll be thinking of ellie's family as I celebrate Thanksgiving with mine. I hope it helps them a little to know that her influence spread in ways they'd never have guessed.
"The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view and a basis for the values I hold most dear." Barack Obama, 1999

No Pilikia

Rest in Peace elliewyatt

Post by No Pilikia »

She will RIP when it is universally accepted that. . .http://www.thefogbow.com/files/3512/997 ... rik.jpgFor decades, I've had many folks tell me that I need to take on some relaxing hobbies to help me deal with the stress that comes from my work as a nurse. Unfortunately, my "hobbies" were always focused around my family or my job. However, I did enjoy doing counted cross stitch & needlepoint years ago..... :-k If I go back to those hobbies again one day, I think I'll always remember ellie's cross stitch above. Mahalo ellie.
"The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view and a basis for the values I hold most dear." Barack Obama, 1999

Return to “Announcements”