▼▲Houston, we have a problem ...

Slim Cognito

Re: ▼▲Houston, we have a problem ...

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I'm back to the Not Secure notice on the web address. Did I miss a new link?
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Addie wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:52 pm
I love you :-D
Foggy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:50 pm

I'll feel better when I get the forum working flawlessly again. But Hurtzi will still be gone. :blink:
That saves me the trouble of blocking him. Thanks!
ImageImageImage x4

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Addie wrote:
OK, now I'm a little less cranky. :lovestruck:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I'm back to the Not Secure notice on the web address. Did I miss a new link?
Change "http" to "https" in the address bar of your browser. I'm pretty sure we're still secure.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Estiveo is right, it's all the fans of the matriarch crushing the forum. America demands their updates on this most important and serious topic!

Here's are big woohoos from the titular Mama June to thank you for all the great work you're doing Foggy! Hope you like them! Feel free to use them for inspiration. Love you!

Go Foggy, Go Foggy, Go Go Go Foggy! :cheer1:

#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Addie wrote:
Foggy wrote:

I'll feel better when I get the forum working flawlessly again. But Hurtzi will still be gone. :blink:
Me too. I was going *foe* him, but was too lazy.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:55 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Change "http" to "https" in the address bar of your browser. I'm pretty sure we're still secure.
All better. Thanks!
ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:02 pm
I found a glitch.

When using the highlight function, it now creates a bracket without a definition. I.e., the first bracket says "highlight=" but the program is looking for a value for the color of the highlight, such as "highlight=#FFFF00" (to highlight in yellow, for example). Perhaps a default value can be added?
highlight=yellow works also, too, without having to look up magick numbers ;)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

The only thing I have noticed is that the editing buttons look different, otherwise all fine with me.

Thx for all the hard work.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Love you, Foggy! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Sorry you're :rolleye: for us, but we appreciate it.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Foggy wrote:
I plan to fix the whole extension. Mañana, or however long it takes. It's making me cranky. Look what I just did! I banned Hurtzi for being an anti-Semitic asshole. He's been an asshole for a long time, but I put up with it because I'm a sweetheart.

But I'm cranky because my forum is messed up, and I won't tolerate anti-Semitism on a good day.

And you can just write "highlight=yellow" without the hexadecimal code for the color. :towel:
Hmm - I called him that exact same word a few months ago and was admonished for that. I might be prescient (just kidding).

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but you're not allowed to insult members. I banned him, therefore he's not a member anymore, therefore I can insult him.

It all makes perfect sense when you think about it. I just hate to ban anybody, and it takes a while to get me to pull the trigger.

UPDATE:

I tried a number of additional things the Support team told me to try today, and they didn't work, but I'm still going forward with more questions for them. I will fix this thing if it takes me 5 billion years and the Sun turns into a red giant and burns the Earth to a crisp.
 ! Message from: Foggy
MEANWHILE, one of the things they told me to do was disable all the cool board styles except prosilver, the default style. Lo and behold, even after I gaved up for today and re-enabled all the styles, they didn't automatically assign themselves to your installation of the forum, so you have prosilver until you change it.

To change it (and to try other cool styles), go to:

User Control Panel --> Board Preferences tab --> My Board Style and select from the dropdown list of styles.

Try a couple different ones until you find something you like.

ALSO, they had me set British English as the default language. But American English is updated, so you can change that in your User Control Panel somewhere.
More will be revealed.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

tek

Post by tek »

Thanx, Foggy..

Took a few extra pumps of the gas pedal to get 'er to kick over this morning, but she's running..
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am
I will fix this thing if it takes me 5 billion years and the Sun turns into a red giant and burns the Earth to a crisp.
RoastedRooster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

MOMMA! :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

kate520

Post by kate520 »

My board preferences disappeared. I know, fogs, it’s easy to fix, but am I the only one?

Sekrit Stuffs!
i can never remember which, sEcret or hidden, is so non-members can’t peek. Was Hurtzi the European? What is it with that guy? He’s too persistent.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

kate520 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm
My board preferences disappeared. I know, fogs, it’s easy to fix, but am I the only one?

Sekrit Stuffs!
i can never remember which, sEcret or hidden, is so non-members can’t peek. Was Hurtzi the European? What is it with that guy? He’s too persistent.
Sekrit Stuffs!

Why not both? :-D
(actually, trying it now, the answer is "hidden" doesn't do anything)

As for Hurtzi, although his projected IP address is US, that's an easy trick to pull with a VPN. I could re-activate my Express VPN account and start logging in from Venezuela, Ghana, Russia or anywhere else that looks interesting. Hurtzi's demeanor and writing style seemed very similar to the European, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same poster.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

On Chrome had to redo the https. Edit buttons are bigger and different. You've done great Foggy, stayed easy to read and post, that other message board really messed us up, so many early posts are borked. Long time members might want to go back and fix a few old posts, I try from time to time. Some are early in the topics so it must be hard for new readers. Or is it too advanced?

This is what I mean about is there anything else we can add re the links in social... putting the active topics link just posts the link, no text or thumbnail. As it happened this was a reply to Larry Sabato, the pollster from VA... he ended up following me (fun) and some people have liked the tweet. I know there's lots else but maybe its just a fast switch to enable, it would be great to share more from Fogbow vs. retyping for Twitter/Facebook.

#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

My fone was acting weird and its browser was locking up. I shut the fone off and had it reboot. Problem solved. Anyone else with problems might want to clear their cache.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

UPDATE:

I did a complete re-upgrade of the forum this morning, and we were offline for 3 hours.

We've lost all our board styles except prosilver -- I will reinstall others that are validated with version 3.3.0 of the phpBB software.

We were offline for 3 hours, and I'm still ...

STILL working on it. This is a pain in the ass. :madguy:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

You're the man, Foggy, and we don't appreciate your work nearly as much as you deserve. Thanks for everything you're doing.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Mikedunford wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:15 am
You're the man, Foggy, and we don't appreciate your work nearly as much as you deserve. Thanks for everything you're doing.
:yeah:

I tried to log in earlier, saw there was a major issue, and just thought, "Oh, Foggy can't be having a good morning."

We appreciate you, Bossman. :bighug:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Also (too) "Active Topics" is gone from top and bottom of pages.

It's available behind the drop-down menu at top left, but it was handy to go there directly from topic threads.

Just FYI, Cap'n. No biggie in the scheme of things. :towel:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin »

RoadScholar wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am
Also (too) "Active Topics" is gone from top and bottom of pages.
Active Topics can be accessed through Quick links if required whilst "stuff" is happening

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug:

You and the fogbow enrich my life.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”