Official Fogbow Meetup - Oct. 11th TO 13th - Myrtle Beach, SC (NEW HOTEL, CHECK RECENT POSTS!!)

Maybenaut

Re: OFFICIAL FOGBOW MEETUP - OCT. 11TH TO 13TH IN MYRTLE BEACH, SC!

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Jez wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:37 pm
I'm willing to split a room is anyone needs a roomie. Warning: I snore and tend to mumble in my sleep. Especially when I'm somewhere I'm unfamiliar with. :)
I'd love to share a room with you (I too am a mumbling snorer).

:blink:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm

I have had such great times at our Meetups and such. So I am particularly sad that I won't be able to make this one. :cry:

Instead, I will be in NYC with family, a vacation we started planning two years ago when we met up with cousins for the Eclipse in Oregon. Wish I could detour for a day or two to Myrtle Beach, but I would suffer mightily (especially because we have center orchestra seats to Hamilton that Friday night!). I will be there in spirit and expect to make the next meetup even if I have to move mountains.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm

ObjectiveDoubter wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm
I have had such great times at our Meetups and such. So I am particularly sad that I won't be able to make this one. :cry:

Instead, I will be in NYC with family, a vacation we started planning two years ago when we met up with cousins for the Eclipse in Oregon. Wish I could detour for a day or two to Myrtle Beach, but I would suffer mightily (especially because we have center orchestra seats to Hamilton that Friday night!). I will be there in spirit and expect to make the next meetup even if I have to move mountains.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome! We'll miss you, but catch you at the next one!
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:25 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:31 am

I might jump in. It depends on my work travel I think I have to go to Atlanta the week before but I have a credited flight from United I wanted to use either for Nashville or somewhere else.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
ObjectiveDoubter wrote:

You lucky thang!!!! HAMILTON!!!!!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:40 am

The ocean was still warm in October.
Yeah, no kidding. The ocean is ALWAYS still warm in October. You live in someplace like Maine (hint, hint) or Michigan (wink, wink) or Iowa or Minnesota (say no more), and you think, "Well it will be fun to see everybody but the ocean will be too cold to swim in by mid-October."

But you would be wrong. The water circulates up from the Caribbean and it's always nice and warm in October, so you can get a last (or heck, maybe your first) ocean swim in for the year.
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:49 am

Foggy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:40 am
The ocean was still warm in October.
Yeah, no kidding. The ocean is ALWAYS still warm in October. You live in someplace like Maine (hint, hint) or Michigan (wink, wink) or Iowa or Minnesota (say no more), and you think, "Well it will be fun to see everybody but the ocean will be too cold to swim in by mid-October."

But you would be wrong. The water circulates up from the Caribbean and it's always nice and warm in October, so you can get a last (or heck, maybe your first) ocean swim in for the year.
Which sound all wonderful and lovely, until you realize one of the people that will be coming has an unreasonable fear of things in the ocean that can eat you.

:shark: :shark: :shark:

I may dip my toe in. Or maybe allow for up to the ankles.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
ObjectiveDoubter wrote:

You lucky thang!!!! HAMILTON!!!!!
I know, I know! I entered unsuccessfully into every lottery for two tickets, every single day that it was here in L.A. Then did the same for the San Diego performance. One day they added a special performance and every seat was put into the lottery. Didn't win then and knew no one who did. So, yes, I feel happy that we scored two tickets in a great location. We are also seeing Jeff Daniels in To Kill a Mockingbird. Then I'm getting a second job at McDonald's to pay for my expensive habit. :lol:

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:07 pm

sadly, I only work weekends, and can't afford to go. I am sad

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:08 pm

NEW HOTEL - TOP SEKRIT

OK, the original deal did not work out. I couldn't get the guy to answer phone calls or emails. Plus, I don't know what I was thinking, putting the name of the hotel in a public thread. There are still some birthers, and who knows, by now some Sov Cits, who would love to come hassle us on our meetup.

But I have another deal, on the beach, with prices as follows:
  • Ocean View efficiency - 2 Double Beds, Full Kitchen, Side View Balcony - Sleeps 4 -$79.00+
  • Ocean Front Efficiency - 2 Double Beds, Full Kitchen, Ocean Front Balcony - Sleeps 4 - $89.00+
  • Ocean Front Executive Suite - 2 Double Beds in Bedroom, Separate Living Area w/Murphy Wall Bed, Full Kitchen, Ocean Front Balcony - Sleeps 6 -$109.00+
  • Ocean View Suite - 2 Double Beds in Bedroom, Separate Living Area w/Murphy Wall Bed, Full Kitchen, Side View Balcony - Sleeps 6 - $95.00+
Here's what happens next:

1. They'll send me a contract, I'll sign it.

2. I will then ask for PMs from anyone who is going. Then y'all can make reservations at your leisure.

3. I usually make a secret usergroup for each meetup and create a secret forum for it, so that ONLY the people who are going to the meetup can see what's in the secret thread. That way we can exchange cell phone numbers, hotel room numbers, and make plans for things like meals and side trips. I've done this before several times, and it works very, very well.

4. But don't look for the name of the new hotel in public, because I'm not posting it in public.

More will be revealed.
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

MsDaisy

Re: Official Fogbow Meetup - Oct. 11th TO 13th - Myrtle Beach, SC (NEW HOTEL, CHECK RECENT POSTS!!)

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Youse guys keep doing this when I can’t go, but this time Ima have another meet-up in Ireland with Suranis in October! :thumbs:

I'll have to practice standing on the tops of my tippy toes so I can reach up and hug his neck when I get there... :-D
Birfers are toast

realist

Re: Official Fogbow Meetup - Oct. 11th TO 13th - Myrtle Beach, SC (NEW HOTEL, CHECK RECENT POSTS!!)

Post by realist » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:39 am

Double beds only? :smoking:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 am

realist wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:39 am
Double beds only? :smoking:
Lemme check on that. :bighug:

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:49 am

I can’t guarantee I can get the time away, but I want to. Please add me!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:59 am

I'm coming and bringing my hubby!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am

Sign me up!
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

realist

Post by realist » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:56 am

The Princess and I are going to try to make it. I have a surgical procedure on 9/20 so depends on how things go there and with recovery.

Don’t know about that double bed thingy though.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:29 pm

I’ll be there!

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Sadly, yet again I must miss. In most years, this weekend would have been perfect. Things did not work out that way this year.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm IN! I don't think I snore but nothing bothers me so anyone wanting to share a room is fine with me.

Jez

Post by Jez » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm going to show up. I've already taken the time off AND bought my first swimming suit in 20 years. Just be prepared for blinding white skin.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:52 am

Foggy,

I don’t know, I keep trying tables and they are all the cool kids’ table. What’s up with that? I’m not going to risk it unless there is a Denny’s where I can make presentments to the Fogbar and pick up the true bill.

Where’s the closest Denny’s to the hotel?
:towel:

Please add me to the user group.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 am

Denny's
800 S. Kings Hwy.

No extra charge for Fogbow Grand Juries!

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Excellent! That will help cut down on my cost of hiring the Fogbar to investigate a conspiracy theory. (I may have mentioned something about it on another thread...)

I’ll also probably be bringing along a chef or two. At least two people that work with me personally that have been known to prepare food with extreme prejudice. And vegetables too. also.

Just in case.
:towel:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Return to “Announcements”