Official Fogbow Meetup - Oct. 11th TO 13th - Myrtle Beach, SC

neonzx

Re: Official Fogbow Meetup - Oct. 11th TO 13th - Myrtle Beach, SC

Post by neonzx »

:smoking:
But Walt had the criminal complaint "notorized", so checkmate, game over. :swoon:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

I just realised that Walt is Rimmer without the redeeming qualities. :sick:

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sounds like he needs to wear a wig and call himself Ace Fitzpatrick
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

:rotflmao:

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss »

I'm really glad everyone had a wonderful time at the OFM, Myrtle Beach, SC gathering.

However, being nothing more than metamorphosed granite I am unable to appreciate the humor in the recent posts to this thread that poke fun at a delusional old man. I know I'm an odd duck here, but I cannot help but feel pity for Walt. To me he's a male version of Butterdezillion.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Whoever said you were as hard as... umm... you know.. waa wrong..

rock on!

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

So I took loooong walks on the beach at Myrtle this weekend, and I kept seeing people digging in the sand right at the surf line. Clams? I didn't think so, they weren't digging enough volume and I didn't see any clams. Finally my curiosity got the best of me, and I asked a small family, "What are you searching for?"

A little girl about 6 looked up at me and said, "Shark's teeth."

Oh, of course. Billions of petrified shark's teeth are washed up on the Atlantic beaches. I knew that. I've found a few myself. I have a few on a bookshelf.

So I asked her, "How the heck are the sharks supposed to chew bubble gum if you're taking all their teeth?" OK, I'm a smartass, so sue me. :blink:

But she was all ready for that one. Without skipping a beat she looked me in the eye and said, "Their teeth grow back."

Problem solved. I had forgotten - 6 year old girls don't know everything, but they are experts on the subject of teeth growing back. They have recent, first-hand experience.

I kept walking. :towel:
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Hey I forgot to ask the most important question:

Did the Fogbow Grand Jury issue any Indictments?

Fogbow Grand Jury Seal.JPG

The Courthouse News reporters and all the legal media won't leave us alone, this is more important than GIL's CGJs. And Mr. Soros' office is waiting for the expense receipts for reimbursement. P0rtia's satellite move was a big expense, we had to get special permission. The whole trip is deductible if some indictments were issued... :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

That would be "inditements."

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Tragically, the answer is no.

1. The Denny's we went to was closed due to "equipment issues" according to the sign on the door. Or maybe Lcdr Crybaby got to them, who knows? :nope:

2. The nearest Denny's to that one was too far away, and we were hungry. Food is more importanter than inditements, we learned.

3. We finally found a good breakfast joint, Lulu's Cafe (we recommend it, if you're ever in Myrtle), but ... as I said somewhere upthread, you have to be in a silly mood for proper participation in an imaginary inditement, and we were more ebullient and joyfully enthusiastic than silly. We were enjoying each other's company so much, and exchanging stories about a zillion different interesting things in our lives, and it kind of seemed like it would be a waste of our limited time together to start playing pretend grand jury.

4. Sadly, of the last few tattered remnants of the birther movement online, and the pathetic idiots and grifters who make up the poot movement, there simply doesn't seem to be anyone worthy of two minutes of our precious time. We could indite Gavin Seim for being a cowardly fuggative, or Kap'n Karl for pretending to operate an imaginary military force, or even Grossly Inappropriate Larry for being grossly inappropriate, but honestly ... does anyone really care about any of those losers? We follow their foolish antics, but taking the time to really do something about them is pretty useless. Each of them, together with the even more useless Lcdr Crybaby, is circling toward the drain in their own useless fashion, headed toward a bad ending without needing even so much as a tiny little nudge from an Official Fogbow Meetup.

Of course, the birthers and poots who form pretend grand juries don't have interesting lives or stories to tell. Or anything interesting to discuss. For them, it's not a waste of time, I reckon. :violin:

Remember, back in the heyday of the birther movement, when you could indite the President of the United States of America online, in a chat room? :daydream:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

P.S. Oh and I almost forgotted to mention, on Sunday morning we found another breakfast joint that we could recommend even more highly than Lulu's.

This time, we found our thrill at Blueberry's Grill, which was just a little pricey but they had exactly the chicken and waffles that W4 was looking for. A big improvement over the chicken and waffles at Lulu's, and she ated every bite.

Blueberry's also has the very latest in hygienic scrubbery, which means that instead of soap, they have a little bowl of sea salt on the sink, which you are invited to use for scrubbing your mitts. Oh so elegant and trendy. :bored:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Mmm. Chicken and waffles. I’m with W4 on that one. :thumbs:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 am
P.S. Oh and I almost forgotted to mention, on Sunday morning we found another breakfast joint that we could recommend even more highly than Lulu's.

This time, we found our thrill at Blueberry's Grill, which was just a little pricey but they had exactly the chicken and waffles that W4 was looking for. A big improvement over the chicken and waffles at Lulu's, and she ated every bite.

Blueberry's also has the very latest in hygienic scrubbery, which means that instead of soap, they have a little bowl of sea salt on the sink, which you are invited to use for scrubbing your mitts. Oh so elegant and trendy. :bored:
As the last two to leave the meetup, W4 and I stopped at the Blueberry Grill again. W4 had a waffle. I had poached eggs on an English muffin.

Mmmmmmmmm.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

RoadScholar wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:31 am
I figure, you go somewhere you should eat the regional food. So i wanted to try Chicken and waffles. Lulu’s was meh. Chicken fingers on a waffle. Couldn’t be what people were raving about. So I took a second chance at Blueberry Grill. OH MY. Heavenly. Savory, sweet, salty... with sugar pearls! I’m a convert now.

Also, grits were good, I’ve had those before. But pimento Cheese was NOT a keeper.

On the way back north, we kept seeing signs for boiled peanuts. (Do you eat the shells?) That’s gonna take a while to get me to try.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

We vacationed at Santee-Cooper Lake long ago, and beer and boiled peanut parties were a thing. Too young for beer but I had boiled peanuts, salty as heck, in the shell.

So 55 years ago, and never since. Up here, that’s not a thing.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:14 pm
RoadScholar wrote:
I figure, you go somewhere you should eat the regional food. So i wanted to try Chicken and waffles. Lulu’s was meh. Chicken fingers on a waffle. Couldn’t be what people were raving about. So I took a second chance at Blueberry Grill. OH MY. Heavenly. Savory, sweet, salty... with sugar pearls! I’m a convert now.

Also, grits were good, I’ve had those before. But pimento Cheese was NOT a keeper.

On the way back north, we kept seeing signs for boiled peanuts. (Do you eat the shells?) That’s gonna take a while to get me to try.
Boiled peanuts should be a food group. Nope, you don't eat the shells, you just suck the salty juice out of them, unless they are the Cajun ones. Some people crack the shells in their mouth and suck the juice, some crack them with their fingers and sip the juice. It's getting on towards time to start seeing the bags of raw peanuts in the grocery stores and farmer's markets, too. Not much better than a gumbo pot full of warm boiled peanuts and a big ass ice cold beer while watching a Saints game or during a rousing evening of playing spades with good friends. They also make very good hummus (so does black eye peas) if you have any left over. Boiled peanuts are a staple at the stop-n-robs and truck stops here and old guys selling them out of the back of a pick up on the side of the highway are a common sight. Just the earthy, salty smell of the peanuts boiling all afternoon is like comfort food to me.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:

You didn't put sugar on the grits did you? Salt, pepper and butter is the way to go.
And yuck to pimento cheese. The new thing around here is to put pimento cheese on damn near everything, including BLTs. Still yuck.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Whatever4 wrote:
When in Rome...

I've had boiled peanuts (legumes, not nuts) because Rome. They are soft or even mushy. Not at all proper for a northerner IMHO. :nope:
Don't eat the shells (boiled or roasted) .. they can get hung up in your digestive track and cause problems. Same reason you wouldn't eat the corn husk wrapping of a tamale.

I'm glad you loved the chicken and waffles. I've never tried because I don't do heavy suger laden dishes as I'm a mild-moderate hypoglycemic. Same with "sweet tea". :nope:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

OMG, my thread has been hijacked by boiled peanuts. :eek2:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

To make an approximation of boiled peanuts, get some natural peanut butter, heat it in a pan, add some water to thin it down to a soup, and then start adding salt. You aren't trying to acheive saturation in a solution, but close to it. The salt has to be somewhere between merely salty and gagging. The flavor profile you want is salt with a peanut finish. If you breathe in through your mouth, you can taste / smell peanuts. Now, dip in a straw, clamp your finger over the end, and pour that small amount in your mouth. You don't want big draws - just these little sips followed by a gulp of beer.

That's as close to boiled peanuts you can get north of the MD.

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:53 am
Whatever4 wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:

You didn't put sugar on the grits did you? Salt, pepper and butter is the way to go.
And yuck to pimento cheese. The new thing around here is to put pimento cheese on damn near everything, including BLTs. Still yuck.
Boiled peanuts are huge down where my wife lived for a while in 'bama, where there are tons of peanut farms (southeast Alabama). Roadside stand after roadside stand after .... I think they are awful. But I'm a lifelong southerner who doesn't like tea, fried chicken, or watermelon, so I'm kind of a freak. What can I say. On the other hand, SM, I do love me a "BLT" made with a fried green tomato and pimento cheese. Good pimento cheese though, not the mass-produced mayo-heavy dreck that you can find in the grocery stores.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Dr. Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:45 am
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:53 am
Whatever4 wrote:

Boiled peanuts are huge down where my wife lived for a while in 'bama, where there are tons of peanut farms (southeast Alabama). Roadside stand after roadside stand after .... I think they are awful. But I'm a lifelong southerner who doesn't like tea, fried chicken, or watermelon, so I'm kind of a freak. What can I say. On the other hand, SM, I do love me a "BLT" made with a fried green tomato and pimento cheese. Good pimento cheese though, not the mass-produced mayo-heavy dreck that you can find in the grocery stores.
I'm more of a purist when it comes to fried green tomatoes. I don't want to adulterate them with anything other than perhaps a bit of comeback sauce, and only a bit of that. They are a meal unto themselves.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 am
I'm more of a purist when it comes to fried green tomatoes. I don't want to adulterate them with anything other than perhaps a bit of comeback sauce, and only a bit of that. They are a meal unto themselves.
Comeback sauce? Is that an expensive gift a guy waves at his ex-girlfriend, trying to persuade her to come back?
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:51 am
Whatever4 wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:

Boiled peanuts should be a food group. Nope, you don't eat the shells, you just suck the salty juice out of them, unless they are the Cajun ones. Some people crack the shells in their mouth and suck the juice, some crack them with their fingers and sip the juice. It's getting on towards time to start seeing the bags of raw peanuts in the grocery stores and farmer's markets, too. Not much better than a gumbo pot full of warm boiled peanuts and a big ass ice cold beer while watching a Saints game or during a rousing evening of playing spades with good friends. They also make very good hummus (so does black eye peas) if you have any left over. Boiled peanuts are a staple at the stop-n-robs and truck stops here and old guys selling them out of the back of a pick up on the side of the highway are a common sight. Just the earthy, salty smell of the peanuts boiling all afternoon is like comfort food to me.
Boiled groundnuts (peanuts) are very common in some Chinese cuisines. They're a standard side for bak kut teh

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

How does Walt feel about boiled peanuts? Does he realize this is just a code word? ;)
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Return to “Announcements”