Upgraded to phpBB version 3.2.4 today; report problems here

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Upgraded to phpBB version 3.2.4 today; report problems here

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:42 pm

On a serious note, it works fine on my iPad, (iOS 12.1), Android phone (6.01) and desktop (Windows 10).

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Working fine on my Notebook using Linux.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 am

When I try to post, the error message I'm getting is, "Throw open the switches on the sonic oscillator... and step the reactor power input THREE MORE POINTS!" And then it flashes, "Oh, Rocky!". What should I do?

Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:10 am

Get ready to do the Time Warp again!!!????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:24 am

Prey tell what is New© and Improved™ so that I can pik nits with the improvements?
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:34 am

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:24 am
Prey tell what is New© and Improved™ so that I can pik nits with the improvements?
phpBB 3.2.4 Release - Please Update
Post by Marc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Greetings everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.2.4 "Bertie's ‘stache". This version is a maintenance and security release of the 3.2.x branch which fixes one security issue and various issues reported in previous versions.

The security issue was discovered with a new exploitation technique called Phar deserialization. An attacker with control over a founder admin account could escalate to remote code execution by abusing PHP’s default unserialization of metadata in Phar files. More information about this technique can be found here.
In order to fix this issue we’ve removed the ability to define absolute paths in the Admin Control Panel. This resulted in the removal of setting the ImageMagick path, so make sure to have the GD image library available instead. A new event to generate thumbnails was added as replacement, so you’re able to write an extension that uses a different image library to generate thumbnails. We would like to thank Simon Scannell and Robin Peraglie of RIPS Technologies for their report and responsible disclosure. The issue has been assigned CVE-2018-19274.

The fixed issues include, among others, compatibility issues with PHP 7.2 and issues with removing users from the newly registered user group more than once.
Among the notable changes are the addition of the list-unsubscribe header to emails sent by phpBB and the ability to reset your password without entering the username.

The full list of changes is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.2.4 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=14790

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2492206

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 am

The security issue was discovered with a new exploitation technique called Phar deserialization. An attacker with control over a founder admin account could escalate to remote code execution by abusing PHP’s default unserialization of metadata in Phar files.
Not enough coffee, yet. I thought I was still in the Anna Von Strudel topic.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:24 am

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 am
The security issue was discovered with a new exploitation technique called Phar deserialization. An attacker with control over a founder admin account could escalate to remote code execution by abusing PHP’s default unserialization of metadata in Phar files.
Not enough coffee, yet. I thought I was still in the Anna Von Strudel topic.
I recommend you stay with warm apple strudel with a dollop of vanilla icecream for your coffee. I did a coarse reading on this cause it was new to me, and it goes deep into the intricacies of the PHP runtime behaviour, also too was a need to access the ImageMagick image processing package (thru regular functionality, no exploit there). The recommendation was already given earlier to use a different image processing library.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:54 am

My Kindle Fire says the new, secure, tho sarcastic system is working well. Thanks, Fogmeister!
Q: Why did the Rooster do the Time Warp?
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 am

A: To get to the Other Side!
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 am

:rotflmao:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Return to “Announcements”