New forum: Religion

boots

Re: New forum: Religion

Post by boots »

That sounds like it would be a great place to discuss politics!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Religion. Meh. Been there, discussed it. My thoughts about religion are my business and your thoughts about religion are yours. Do not question mine and I will not question yours. If something or another works for you, fine. Just don't start telling me that I have to live my lifestyle according to your religion. That's where I draw the line. If you want to preach about the plusses and minuses of religions or non-religions of any sort, please record them and play them back to yourself.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Post by Ghost of LaVoy F*cum »

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:34 pm
I thought I would revive this thread for the Ghost, who can't keep his trolling and thread-jacking in his pants.

I am an atheist. And I despise people who use their religion as an excuse for * rotten behavior, or to be judgmental. But, and a big BUTT, is that I respect those who derive comfort and guidance in their life from their respective religions. Case in point... Sur and Catholocism. Catholocism is definitely not my cup of tea, but I love Sur. And anyone else who, as I said, finds comfort and good guidance in their theological or secular beliefs.

Ghost just seems to look for prickly dust mites to exploit for attention. And it is by far the worst. I can't find anything there worthy of respect

*Seim, Bundy
Thanks for thinking of me...both Seim & the #bundycult routinely claim they are christians so there is no trolling or thread-jacking by me.
I respect all decent people but I don't have to respect for the various religious beliefs that they choose as adults.

Simply pointing out that Gav claims to be a christian gets a lot of attention from the overly sensitive religious people on this forum.
It's interesting that there are few objections here when people mock Ammon & his mormon faith...although it was funny to watch him as a mormon try to host easter ceremonies in his abandoned warehouse during quarantine.
"That seems to be his religion of sorts."...thanks for posting that, I love it when people reduce religion to something so meaningless & trivial.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

ZekeB wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:39 pm
Religion. Meh. Been there, discussed it. My thoughts about religion are my business and your thoughts about religion are yours. Do not question mine and I will not question yours. If something or another works for you, fine. Just don't start telling me that I have to live my lifestyle according to your religion. That's where I draw the line. If you want to preach about the plusses and minuses of religions or non-religions of any sort, please record them and play them back to yourself.
I would add this if you choose to discuss your religious beliefs in public, expect some people to challenge the things you choose to believe as an adult.

boots

Post by boots »

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:54 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:39 pm
I would add this if you choose to discuss your religious beliefs in public, expect some people to challenge the things you choose to believe as an adult.
I don't see anyone discussing their beliefs here. I object to you going off on your hate filled clueless tangents about it. Like Zeke said, have whatever beliefs you want to have. If it's not relevant to discussion leave it out.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Fog asked that his beliefs not be challenged. This is about courtesy.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

boots wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:56 pm

I don't see anyone discussing their beliefs here.
-Then you should follow along more closely.
-People routinely discuss religious beliefs in the news, in Gav's life, in the lives of the #bundycult.
-I realize that you don't like that these people share some of your beliefs but it's just a simple fact.
-you all claim to be christians, say it with me...you all claim to be christians.

I object to you going off on your hate filled clueless tangents about it.
-Your baseless objections could not mean any less to me.

Like Zeke said, have whatever beliefs you want to have.
If it's not relevant to discussion leave it out.
-Hahaha...and I don't take any instructions from people online named boots and zeke.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

I didn't mention any names but apparently the shoe fit.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reality Check wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:42 pm
Ha, I had forgotten this topic even existed.
Me too. I'll continue to do so. You guys have fun.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Well, I see this as spot to let "whatever" flag fly. If discussing religion has a place on the Fogbow (debatable), then having a compartment for it that one can ignore (or not) seems reasonable.
The Mercury Project

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:58 pm
No adult should ask that their beliefs not be challenged as a courtesy. SMDH

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Danraft wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:57 pm
Well, I see this as spot to let "whatever" flag fly. If discussing religion has a place on the Fogbow (debatable), then having a compartment for it that one can ignore (or not) seems reasonable.
You would think that adults could discuss anything about religion via online comments in this country but that's just not the case with the delicate sensibilities that get protected & sheltered in this forum.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Sekrit Stuffs!
ZekeB wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 pm
I didn't mention any names but apparently the shoe fit.
I'm glad to see that we agree zeke

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:13 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
So what? He asked, doesn’t cost anything to be polite. I wanted to mock him for saying Noah’s flood was a story of hope too, but no means no.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 pm
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:13 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
So what? He asked, doesn’t cost anything to be polite. I wanted to mock him for saying Noah’s flood was a story of hope too, but no means no.
We have a very long history which demonstrates that unchallenged "beliefs" perpetuate & often become more prevalent.
You can choose to be extra polite if you wish but there's no reason you should not feel free to challenge his assertion that their god's genocidal flood was a story of hope that should be told to children.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Ackshully, me droogs, Foggy "requested" that believers not be personally attacked for being believers.

Nobody said you can't question or dispute a particular religious tenet, just that you may not attack a member of the boogle for having a belief with which you disagree.

It's really not that difficult if you have an IQ slightly above room temperature and aren't a gigantic dick.
Image Image Image Image Image

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I like that you threw in a personal attack in a warning about not making personal attacks. But no, the request was not limited to personal attacks, it read like a blanket prohibition to me. If y’all wanna clarify, please do so.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Estiveo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 pm
Ackshully, me droogs, Foggy "requested" that believers not be personally attacked for being believers
-Hahaha, calm down...no one has been "personally attacked"

Nobody said you can't question or dispute a particular religious tenet,
-Others have said the opposite but I'm glad you agree with me

just that you may not attack a member of the boogle for having a belief with which you disagree.
-again your use of the word "attack" to describe brief internet exchanges is just silly

It's really not that difficult if you have an IQ slightly above room temperature and aren't a gigantic dick.
-Thanks for the laughs...you ending with comments like these make you look far worse than I ever will here.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 pm
I like that you threw in a personal attack in a warning about not making personal attacks. But no, the request was not limited to personal attacks, it read like a blanket prohibition to me. If y’all wanna clarify, please do so.
Apparently you're sensitive about yoyr IQ or your general dickishness, but nowhere will you see me calling you, specifically, out on either.

I'm not even sure who said what about huh? It's just that when I saw this:
Screenshot_20200414_200735.jpg
I did a quick dive through because I was sure some generally stupid ideas were there, which there were, and wrote a general response to the generally stupid whine fest I got a general impression of. (See, I think the ideas expressed are stupid, I never attacked you, personally, just someone's basic wrongness.)

So, yeah, sorry if you identified with my generalised attack on a generally stupid idea that someone may have expressed. Generally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Estiveo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Apparently you're sensitive about yoyr IQ or your general dickishness, but nowhere will you see me calling you, specifically, out on either.

I'm not even sure who said what about huh? It's just that when I saw this:

Screenshot_20200414_200735.jpg

I did a quick dive through because I was sure some generally stupid ideas were there, which there were, and wrote a general response to the generally stupid whine fest I got a general impression of. (See, I think the ideas expressed are stupid, I never attacked you, personally, just someone's basic wrongness.)

So, yeah, sorry if you identified with my generalised attack on a generally stupid idea that someone may have expressed. Generally.
Thanks for following along so closely and commenting. Hope to see you again soon!

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

There has never been a blanket prohibition against anything but personal attacks. Ghost, and even Jeffrey seem to often attack, troll or hijack threads. You guys need to just go back to FB, really. The attacks you bemoan are in response to your insightful (and spiteful) retorts.

What petty lives you must have to come onto a forum of thoughtful, witty, and good folks, you must have - to spread your fecal matter around and expect no one would push back.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I generally have an aversion to. Organized religion. It forays into other foo-foo stuff like pseudo-science and fortune tellers. I do not take the bible for anything but interesting and parts, possibly well-intended guidelines (in part). Bit I find that we all are. Just winding out how this old world works and what happens next. So... Whatever is meaningful to someone if they don't fuck with me is fine.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:39 pm
There has never been a blanket prohibition against anything but personal attacks.
-I would not agree, posts that are deemed to be not pro-christian are often deleted and followed by PM warnings

Ghost, and even Jeffrey seem to often attack, troll or hijack threads.
-this accusation ignores the fact the Gav, Ammon etc routinely talk about their christian/mormon faith...AB even hosted an odd warehouse easter ceremony during the quarantine!

You guys need to just go back to FB, really.
-I'll go where I please thanks, i don't need your input

The attacks you bemoan are in response to your insightful (and spiteful) retorts.
-it's incredible how far worse the responses from angry members are than anything I have ever posted

What petty lives you must have to come onto a forum of thoughtful, witty, and good folks, you must have - to spread your fecal matter around and expect no one would push back.
-this ending is a perfect example of what I just mentioned above.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:39 pm
There has never been a blanket prohibition against anything but personal attacks. Ghost, and even Jeffrey seem to often attack, troll or hijack threads. You guys need to just go back to FB, really. The attacks you bemoan are in response to your insightful (and spiteful) retorts.
What started all this was comments by Ghost and others criticizing Fog's assertion that the story of Noah and the flood had a happy ending. There was a request to lay off the topic after that. Now since disagreeing about the moral of a story is not a personal attack, it's clear that the rules on religious discussions don't simply limit personal attacks.

And I'm not sure how I'm trolling by agreeing to abide by the rules on religious flamebaiting.

Ghost of LaVoy F*cum

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:51 pm
I generally have an aversion to. Organized religion.
-me too

It forays into other foo-foo stuff like pseudo-science and fortune tellers.
-i agree

I do not take the bible for anything but interesting and parts, possibly well-intended guidelines (in part).
-I find the combination of it's incredible popularity & relative inaccuracy very interesting

Bit I find that we all are. Just winding out how this old world works and what happens next.
-other than ancient fork lore, what evidence do we have of "what happens next"?

So... Whatever is meaningful to someone if they don't fuck with me is fine.
-Rock on!

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”